Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Welcome to Corpus Nik

It's my first RPG. Well I tried BZPRPG before, but left after... Well, I better not talk about it. I was trying to join already running story, right? This RPG seems better for such a newcomer as I am.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Okay, the whip is fine, but what about Illusive's kusari - a weapon made up of a good twenty or so individual links?

This discussion originally started with me expressing my doubt as to whether Vlad was able to just snatch the chain out of the air and start draining Illusive's energy through it.

Well, it is a chain whip, comprised of at least as many links as Legion. So I really don't see why the kusari should be any different.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

In English, please? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hungry wall is hungry. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, the whip is fine, but what about Illusive's kusari - a weapon made up of a good twenty or so individual links?

This discussion originally started with me expressing my doubt as to whether Vlad was able to just snatch the chain out of the air and start draining Illusive's energy through it.

Yes that would also work. If he can send his power through his armour, made up of who knows how many moving parts, a length of chain links isn't going to be too much of a hindrance

Name: Diode

Variation: Electricity

Level: 2

Gear: Skakdi dual weapon, one end is a contact electrical pulse weapon, powered by    's own powers. it essentially functions as a very large tazer. The other end is a simple bladed hook.

Appearance: Small, and unassuming frame, which is deceptively slender painted a deep, midnight blue, contrasted with silver limbs. Strangely, where most Rahkshi have spines, Diode has scarred stubs where spines once jutted. the left jaw plate has a small silver ring through it. Diode has electric blue eyes.

Personality: Timid by nature,  Diode is uncomfortable with most physical contact, and will often shock anyone who touches them without permission. quiet, bookish, and shy, they don't make friends easily, but have taken a liking to the Porters, and their garden.

Bio: Raised by Spiriah, the Makuta whose name became synonymous with failure, Diode has not had an easy life. How the Makuta found a way to become inebriated is unknown, but ever since, Diode has had to deal with his Drunken Rages,and in fact, it is one of such rages that resulted in Diode having their spines ripped off. According to Spiriah, they reminded the Makuta too much of what made him a failure in the first place. eventually, Diode worked up the nerve to run away, and eventually made their way to Corpus.

Approved

Name: Tesla

Variation: Magnetism

Level: 2

Gear:

- Two katana-like swords. Just not as sharp. Wear them on her back when she isn't using them.

Appearance: Typical magnetism Rahkshi colors. Black head with yellow-orange eyes and black spine and golden feet. Golden hands have black circles of various sizes on their back. She is a little shorter than usual Rahkshi. Thinks that wearing transparent glasses is a good idea (that means she wear them)

Personality: Intelligent, teachable, likes to increase her skills, helpful, nice, sensitive, but hates romance and love

Bio: She spends much time in library, learning about physics (especially about electromagnetism) to help her understanding her own powers. She likes to help others with things she know and understand and overally is nice person. She always uses metal weapons and tries to help herself with magnetism, making her swords lighter to lift and heavier on impact. Difference is really a small, but she tries to increase these powers.

Gender Neutral to me says that you are either neither male nor female (or both, I suppose). Does being neutral female mean they would prefer no gender but veer towards female if pushed, or is neutral-female just a term I've not heard before?

I would think transparent glasses were a pretty good idea. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see through them, which kind of defeats the point. Or is this just a way of saying Tesla is pulling a Sarah Palin and wears glasses purely as an accessory to make her look smarter?

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Others would probably recognize her as a female, but she don't personally feels neither as boy nor as girl. So she basically don't feel like girl, but can accept fact that people would refer to her as a girl.

And yeah, glasses are to make her look smarter. I don't get how Rahkshi's eyes works, but I believe they can either work perfectly or be damaged to not work at all (and there is nothing possible between those two options).

I will edit her profile to make gender thing more clear. Is she now officially approved?

Btw: Quick question. There is pretty well-known thing called electromagnetic induction. Slightly simplified, electric field can cause magnetic field to appear and magnetic field causes electric field to appear. Do you think it would be possible in Corpus to create little amount of electricity using magnetism if this ability was used only on metal objects?

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Btw: Quick question. There is pretty well-known thing called electromagnetic induction. Slightly simplified, electric field can cause magnetic field to appear and magnetic field causes electric field to appear. Do you think it would be possible in Corpus to create little amount of electricity using magnetism if this ability was used only on metal objects?

Generally speaking, I think we tend to avoid the use of anything that would let someone access powers other than the ones they're supposed to have - with the exception of special weapons found on assignments. 

In addition, at level 2, magnetism rahks can't do much beyond sticking themselves to metal/rock or vice versa, which I wouldn't really consider to be a proper magnetic field. I would recommend consulting the BS01 Kraata Variations page to ensure you're aware of the limitations of your character's powers at each level. 

Technically there's no reason why we couldn't have a short or long sighted Rahkshi. The blind students we've had so far are choice by the players rather than there being no other option. Its up to you whether you want to give Tesla any kind of myopia or other such eye-related problems. They are approved as it is though.

Going to have to put the kibosh on the induction idea though. Given that electricity and magnetism are two distinct elements in Bionicle, I'm not sure they'd had the same almost symbiotic relationship they do with our rules of physics. Plus, at Tesla's current level of power I think she'd be unable to create the effect

7AOYGDJ.jpg

So, I was reading up on The Mountain recently, and apparently the skies above it rained fire, and the grass was acidic. Are either of these things common to Corpus Rahkshi as well? And if not, would the gym still be able to emulate them? 

Johnrahk said the same thing in the Skype chat when I brought it up yesterday. Just seems odd that it's only mentioned on the Mountain's BS01 page, and not on the Xia one. 

Oh well, there go all of my dreams of deadly house plants... 

I did check on BS01 to make sure I wasn't talking nonsense, and while the mention of acid and fire does only appear on the Mountain's page, the site has this to say about Xia:

The pollution was awful; the only clean air on the island was said to exist at the top of the Mountain.

Which kind of makes me think any kind of flammable weather is a result of Xia, not the Mountain

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Wait.... the only clear air is said to be atop the mountain... yet the skies above the mountain also rain fire... Kinda makes me wonder if the sky fire is somehow a result of the presence of clean air, rather than the pollution. 

Back on topic, I'm curious to see how Icarax decides to deal with treachery. 

I think Nightmare has finally encountered a force that lives up to his namesake. 

• Upvote 1

So many people have played around with the idea of a cannibal. It's never worked out. 

It's just plain impractical.