Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: IKIRA - JATIKKO

Ikira slowly opened her eyes, rolling them and sighing in frustration when she realized that they were in the middle of a battle. Without a word she activated her elemental cannon and waited for the perfect opportunity to strike.

IC Carth:

"Whoo-hoo! Not half bad!"

With a whoop of joy, I sent my Exo Skyward, taking me sailing over the proto-steel wire.

"But you'll have to do better to beat me!"

With a whine, the two EL cannons unleashed white hot Electricity once more, leaving an acrid stench in their wake.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Kaleva

Noticing the incoming knife, Kaleva swung his blade to meet the red machine's blade. Once the blades met, Kaleva would channel his element into the Heat Blade, which should allow him to slice through the opponent's knife and disable the opposing exo's melee weapon.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC Tor: The weathered Fe-Matoran found he squad in the mess hall.

"Come on, you two, we gotta go take care of some wackjob in an Exo breaking down buildings."

She'd never liked Exo-Suits. Too much power in one person's hands.

IC: Vaxel

"Got it. Where's he at?"

IC: Zekev

I charged at the next creature, swinging my new weapon and axe again. I think it's a great catharsis for my Skakdi rage.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC Mazex:

The Icy Knife ran forward, trying to skewer Exo Red's pilot with its blades.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Shard/Burial

Ow.

The creature had smashed the castle walls and rocks began falling on me, I began running around to avoid the rock, drawing my new sword to slice at some. I was probably going to die...but then again, maybe not.

I stood there, nowhere to run or hide, my suit destroyed. I had to fight. I created a shield of the thickest crystal I could mustered, and got into an awkward stance. I didn't know how to use a sword yet, but this was the best time to try and learn.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

GM

Kaleva would find his own melee weapon repelled by the glowing knife, parried back by some unseen hand. Utilizing the opening this move created, Exo Red raised it's disc launcher to fire at the other suit's left knee joint. This left it open to Mazex's attack, one of the scissor-blades cutting through it's lower torso portion, missing the pilot, but putting it in quite the awkward position to respond to it's two attackers.

Instead, the pilot shouted out with his super sonic voice, "BAACK UP OVER HEREEE, BAACK UP!" Prompting one of the rooftop Fikou to take note of the skirmish, the spider tank began to take aim at Kaleva...

Carth had once again underestimated his opponent, his skyward escape was halted by yet another grappling hook, this one from Exo Blue's other arm. His ascent suddenly became a whole lot more turbulent as the line went taught, throwing his shot off and leaving him in a bad position to avoid the incoming metal disc.

Zekev and Cor Saeva's combined and prompt assault worked well on the first of the serpents. The projectiles breaking several of it's teeth and the skakdi's war axe burying itself deep in it's forelimb. With a roar of pain, it retreated, it's brother taking up a defensive stance. Beneath the third serpent's rows of teeth, a dull red glow could be seen forming...

Shard's sword began to glow dimly and heat up, almost enough to burn him, though he couldn't have dropped it either way. The rocks he sliced were cut cleanly by the blade, now thrumming with heat and energy. Of course, he wasn't going to get anywhere cutting rocks, the serpent was the real issue, it's scaly fist on a collision course to test his thick crystal shield.

Taking a moment to recover his wits, Logan was contacting Kain.

"KAIN! KAAIN! Get yourself and the others up here, now! We are under attack, I repeat. We are under attack!"

...but close to it

IC: (Zeleran/Motara)

A hit!

Zeleran tried to find the first-striking Fikou through the hatch, but it seemed to be out of sight, probably too far around the other side to be in range. 

The steltian once again aimed for a mech with a Weakens Kanoka, this time one made in Ko-Metru - some readers may know (or may look up on BioSector01) that Ko-Metru disks have the additional ability to dodge obstacles to reach their targets.

Kathok

IC Carth:

"Looking to hitch a ride, huh?" He said, as the yellow and blue mech landed hard, the disc burying deep into the shoulder plate.

"Well, let's just see how you like it!"

He activated the Exo's Kakama once more, taking him around the other mech twice, firing his own belt fed light launcher.

With the grapple still attached, it should tie up the other Mech,

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (Shoreline).

I paused to reload my weapon, finding the catch to eject the empty clip before slamming a new one into place. As I looked up, I saw the third serpent shifting into a defensive stance, its mouth beginning to glow.

My stomach sank. The first creature was using sonics, but it seemed that this one might be using..... "Fire!" I shouted at Zekev, already popping off shots in the creature's direction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

A loud click precipitated Exo Blue's grappling hook disattachment from the suits hand. Carth had attempted a complex and improbable move with a kakama, hair trigger turns were difficult in an Exo. To do them in a circle, while firing your disc launcher with any degree of accuracy?

Simple centrifugal force dictated that Carth would go flying as the line lost its anchor.

Not fire, but magma. Cor Saeva was just in time to push Zekev out of the way of a gob of molten rock.

As Shard swung the sword at the beast, it's offensive mode activated. The reason Burial was such a dangerous weapon was it's ability to grow in size to match it's target. It gained the energy to do so by using the environment as fuel. Around Shard, the walls, ground and items stored within the castle wall were atomized and reduced to molten rock, metal and plasma. The blade growing in an instant to the same thirty bio length as the serpent. The beast knew this power and tried to escape, but was cleaved in two by the white hot blade.

Along with the serpent, a substantial portion of the wall and castle was cut apart, prompting the collapse of the entire eastern wall. As the threatop was neutralized, the molten constituents of the sword spilled to the ground, burning anything they touched.

OOC

And that is Burial's offensive power. A sword that grows to match it's target, consuming an equal amount of the environment as fuel to do so, this is extremely dangerous and powerful. Have fun!

To reiterate, Shard destroyed a wall of the castle by melting / cutting it apart, so the field just got a lot more dangerous.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (Shoreline).

Oblivious to the nightmare unfolding behind me, I opened fire once more on the magma serpent. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Mazex:

Mazex attempted to pull his blade free while swinging the other arm around to get a shot from the greypowder musket in.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Lovin' this blade.

IC: Shard/Burial, Astonished at his power

What the Karz happened?

My sword was still glowing hot, and the material used by the sword was the environment.

You can do this?

"Awesome," I muttered.

I radioed the Sarge. "Need a hand? I just learned about the dangerous capabilities of the sword. I suggest getting as far away from me as possible."

I formed crystals at the third beast, the one that didn't just spew molten rock, to get its attention.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

As Kain was rocking out, the Sergeant's voice was broadcasted over the sounds of his radio. Turning the music down and redirecting his attention towards the ruins, he could see what appeared to be the aforementioned battle taking place in the distance, though the sound was somewhat muted due to the rumblings of the ocean. As far as he could tell, none of the others who had stayed behind had noticed it yet, nor had anyone else recieved a similar order to send in the troops.

Which likely meant that if he made up some false story about going off to scout the area, and happened to leave before the Sergeant had the sense to relay the order to someone who wasn't a mercenary begrudgingly working for him at the time of the attack, his chances of escaping and getting the Karz out of Dodge scott-free would likely increase.

It also meant taking the risk of running into them again later on if they somehow managed to survive without him, or having to combat random unknown lifeforms without any form of back-up whatsoever, which was dangerous enough by itself without knowing the exact specifics of the surrounding area.

It seemed that he had one very interesting choice to make.

Eventually deciding that he would miss not being able to constantly annoy the Karz out of Cor, he opened the hatch to his Exo-Suit and made a grab for his weapons.

"Saddle up, maggots!," he yelled, loud enough for everyone in the camp to hear him as smoke from his recently lit cigarette poured from his mouth. "Looks like the Sergeant's calling in the calvary!"

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

I continued waiting for Tiragath to post something to happen. 

GM

Arkie's shell hit the sneaky Fikou's left leg, not quite severing it, but hampering it's movement. In retaliation, it fired another blast of elemental gravity, this one aimed not at the Jattiko, but at the now airborne Exo Yellow. Landing with a dull thud on the Jattiko's hull, the exo suit raised it's left hand, bearing a cruel drill, crackling with elemental plasma and on a collision course with the tank's primary hatch.

The other Fikou was caught unawares by Zeleran's obstacle dodging kanoka and had two of it's right-side legs cut out from under it by the weakening disc's effect. Going down in a heap, the pilot and gunner exited the vehicle, moving towards a building for cover.

Exo Red was not quite so fortunate, Mazex's grey powder musket found it's mark, piercing the cockpit and destroying the kanohi inside, the suit powered down. Exo Blue meanwhile was approaching the discombobulated Carth, if his weapons were knocked away or useless in close range, he would just stomp or smash the enemy suit into uselessness.

Silence, only broken by the padded footsteps of the natives and the slightly louder boots of the surface dwellers. Not to mention the giant humanoid armor comprising the company's vanguard. Kat had the strongest luminary devices of the party, as well as the greatest firepower, so she was assigned to the front of the group, given a map of the underground railways and accompanied by a native Onu-Matoran in one of their only pieces of armor, a very old and patched up Exo Suit, equipped with a mining drill and an upsized pickaxe. This suit had never been renovated for combat and was thus lightweight and unarmored.

Lufon and Mokeron were stationed near the middle of the party, alongside the native captain and the translator. The steltian and the native were the highest ranking officers, and thus had been entrusted to guard the chemical weapon. It was a roughly skakdi-sized cylinder, rolled along the tracks on a simple wagon. The surface was half smooth and half rusted from long years of disuse, any internal mechanisms were hidden away, the only feature being a dim touchscreen at it's midpoint with a keypad next to it. A security mechanism to unlock it's arming functions.

The native captain spoke to the translator, who in turn spoke with Lufon.

"We are nearing fifty bio to the sewage entrance. From there we will carry the weapon by hand to old ventilation system that will carry chemical payload. Afterwards, we can vent the air out to the surface to allow for safe entry into the facility. Your armored soldier," he jerked a thumb in Kat's direction. "Will proceed in a frontal assault on the area, to distract the Hadals. Any questions?"

Cor Saeva's weapon was more effective on this third serpent, perhaps it's armor was less effective to balance out it's dangerous offensive capabilities. It reared up on it's hind legs to guard it's vital neck and facial areas from the Vortixx's fire. The second serpent had heard, but not seen the commotion in the castle, and did not respond to Shard's baiting. Instead keeping it's distance from the matoran and readying it's own attack, max glowing an eerie purple.

Logan had seen Shard's earlier attack and responded promptly. "That was you? We'll have to clear off the island if you plan on using that weapon again, it's too dangerous to use with the others nearby!"

Down below, the rather glum looking medic and the two NPC mooks were languorously following Kain and his disturbing Exo.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken (Tunnel).

"Very well," I saw little choice but to agree to their plan. I just hoped that all of the equipment down here still worked, otherwise we were all dead. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial (Beach).

I moved in closer, trying to aim up at its now-exposed underarms. 

IC: Kaleva

Seeing Mazex power down the red Exo-Suit, Kaleva couldn't help but frown a bit. He could've taken it himself. Whatever. He turned Jäger to figure out what was going on. The other new recruit from Neuf was having trouble. But one of the Exos was on the tank...He probably couldn't do much there, his Jäger wasn't exactly skilled at flight. The one that had helped him, on the other hand...

"Hey! You in the flying exo!" Kaleva called out to Mazex, "You should go help the armor with that yellow suit! I'll go help against the blue one!" Kaleva didn't wait for a response though, immediately heading off, firing a few shots from his elemental cannon at the blue machine before putting power into the Jäger's thrusters to quickly close the distance.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

Kain closed the hatch as The Dreadnought lumbered forward, readying his weapons as they zeroed in on the other group's position.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Shard/Burial

"Ok."

The sergeant was right.

Looking at the third lizard I noticed purple.

Gravity.

I dropped the shield in order to get a better grip on the heavy sword. I had forgetten that it was forged to be two handed.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Elerc: -Treize

"Yes, I do mind.", Elerc said firmly, as the Venture kept driving.

IC Mazex:

Mazex flew low this time, trying to impale the Exo with his blades.

GM

The darkness outside Kat's floodlights was suffocating. This tunnel in particular had had the light fixtures broken or torn out, according to the native. The Hadals thrived in the dark, using it to their advantage for stealth ambushes.

Such as this one.

A dark glass throwing knife punctured the neck of the soldier closest to Mokeron, sending the body tumbling into the other matoran. Several quick movements let others avoid the lethal barrage, the other knives clinking to the ground. The party was in a four way intersection, tunnels stretching endlessly to the right, left and front of the party.

"OBRAZUYUT PERIMETR!" The native captain shouted out, directing his men into a rough circle. Due to Kat's position at the head of the party, she was the one targeted by an attack from above, a small figure dropping from a vent to land on her suit's "head" area, it raised a hatchet/hammer of raw ore and smashed it into the suit's faceplate.

It was not gravity, but acid that the second serpent spit. A great glob of neon-purple phlegm that struck near Shard, splashing onto him and forming angry welts where it hit skin or thin armor.

Clearly, the third serpent was the timid one of the bunch. Roaring in pain as the combined assault of Cor Saeva and Zekev peppered it's softer areas, it turned tail and fled, following the rocky causeway down. Directly into Kain's group. For the second time today, the serpent was struck dumb by the surprise of strange little people bristling with firearms.

Exo Blue's Hau had recharged, allowing it to charge through Carth's and Kaleva's combined assault, the metal platters and energy blasts sent flying away. Quickly positioning itself into striking range, it aimed a brutal punch at the Bolt's upper torso. Perhaps ignoring or unknowing of Kaleva's proximity, or perhaps merely attempting a suicidal last ditch effort to finish off his foe... Atop the Jattiko, Exo Yellow turned in time to see Mazex approaching, turning and firing a bolt of plasma at the incoming exo.

Quite a ways away now, the pilots of the Fikou had radioed for help.

Exo Pink and Exo Black were on their way.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken

In one fluid motion, I raised my crossbow and loosed a bolt at the hatchet-wielding creature attacking Kat's exo. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial.

I lowered my gun, scowling. This was ridiculous. I wasn't going to sit around and get myself killed for the sake of these idiots. "Come on, Zekev," I started making my way down the beach, skirting around Kain's reinforcements and the monster they were fighting.

If we were careful, we could be back to the Hound and gone before the battle was even over. 

GM

In a flash of blue-white light, Exo Blue was fried. Little known fact, but electrocution isn't exactly a painless, quick or clean death. You tend to violently convulse, breaking bones, snapping tendons and smushifying delicate internal bits and pieces. Most of which frothed through your mouth as your tongue exploded in a pink gory mess.

This was Carth's view as the pilot of Exo Blue expired. Probably not too pleasant for a young lad like himself.

Dusty, dirty and likely exhausted. The trio of graverobbers stood once more in the room full of abandoned paperwork. It seemed so long ago that they had threatened the guard to gain access, would they be persecuted? Oddly enough, the answer was in the negative. The temple's hidden door was curious ajar, just enough to let in a sliver of pale moonlight and a view of the mostly empty park grounds. The area around them appeared more or less, the same as it always had. Just as the graverobbers seemed unchanged on the outside.

Save for perhaps a couple burns, bruises or markings. A pair of fleshy "batteries," and Olis' newest traveling companion. The fleshy mask of the corpse that had adorned the ashy beach so far below, tucked away in a small pocket or pouch on his person, it's new owner none the wiser.

Lufon's bolt pierced the unfortunate creature, quickly killing it and offering the trio of surface dwellers their first look at a Hadal. It was roughly the size of a matoran, sharing their proportions and general build. Though it had a certain animal quality to it, lean wiry muscle corded beneath it's pale, almost translucent skin. A maskless faced stared at them now with glazed over eyes. Rows of sharp serrated teeth filled it's mouth and strange horn-like protrusions covered the crest of it's forehead and various parts of it's torso. It looked quite feral and capable of naught but great violence. On it's raw-hide clothing hung several of the knives, made of dark glass and honed to an invisibly sharp edge. It was recognizable as obsidian to those familiar with volcanic rocks.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

I knelt down beside the corpse, tugging my arrow free and wiping it clean on the body's clothes, before loading it back into my crossbow. I picked up the obsidian knife, holding it gingerly. "Sharp," was my only comment, before I tossed it aside.

I straightened to my feet, digging a large lightstone out of my pack and fixing it onto my crossbow. These creatures were clearly ambush hunters, and used to seeing in darkness. Maybe the extra light would confuse them, or maybe it would make us easier targets.

Either way, I wanted to see them coming. 

"Eyes up, watch the shadows," I warned the others. "Kat, fire a round, preferably something non-explosive, down the tunnel in front of us. See if we can flush anymore of them out of hiding." 

IC: Arkie (Jatikko/Motara)

I fire again, but not at the quickly-retreating Fikou. There's a small trickle of what looks like fuel dribbling out of the old petrol station. Intending to cause a big enough distraction to get us away, I launch the shell straight at the concrete ground of the station. As I do so, I shout, first to Derkahn- "Activate the Kakama!" and then to Gamma- "You know the drill!"

IC: Suko (Venture/Treize)

"Hashtags."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Kain - Burial (Rocky Causeway)

Kain charged forward, firing the Gatling Blasters on his Exo-Suit's arms towards the creature's face in an attempt to draw its attention away from the others behind him.

"Come and get me, you ugly piece of Karz!"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Temple). 

"What do you guys think the chances are of them opening the doors and not arresting us?"