Bzpower Pet Peeves

Dralcax

Although I understand and approve of the reasoning behind it, I would really like to link to another forum site I'm on in my sig.

He probably has rich-text enabled (because it was apparently made the default for some unfathomable reason?), which makes it practically impossible to do all but the most basic of code, and linking even falls outside that. I've been having the same problem; I think it can be disabled in your options somewhere, but I haven't quite figured out how to do it XP

There's a little lightswitch looking button in the upper left hand side of the rich text editor. Click it, it will switch it back to the basic text editor where all the code work.
Yeah, but you have to manually click it every time you want to make a post, unless I've been doing it wrong =P
You can also just type out BBCode manually, which will work even if it's in Rich Text Editor. That's what I've been doing myself for quite a while. The code is straightforward enough that I can type it out faster than I can click on all of the tabs, particularly on my laptop.~B~

Although I understand and approve of the reasoning behind it, I would really like to link to another forum site I'm on in my sig.

He probably has rich-text enabled (because it was apparently made the default for some unfathomable reason?), which makes it practically impossible to do all but the most basic of code, and linking even falls outside that. I've been having the same problem; I think it can be disabled in your options somewhere, but I haven't quite figured out how to do it XP

There's a little lightswitch looking button in the upper left hand side of the rich text editor. Click it, it will switch it back to the basic text editor where all the code work.
Yeah, but you have to manually click it every time you want to make a post, unless I've been doing it wrong =P
You can also just type out BBCode manually, which will work even if it's in Rich Text Editor. That's what I've been doing myself for quite a while. The code is straightforward enough that I can type it out faster than I can click on all of the tabs, particularly on my laptop.~B~
Yeah, but if you, say, copy/paste a link (at least in chrome, my browser) in rich-text mode, the link itself has become an embedded link, so you can't actually work with it (as in making URL's or posting images) without disabling the editor, which doesn't stay disabled, at least for me.

There's no GregF or Binkmeister we can talk to.

Dude that too.

Not so much a pet peeve, but I'm always very amused to see COT topics discussing media far past the Bionicle age group.As for things that actually are irritating - the server dropping out at times is always a pain.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Not so much a pet peeve, but I'm always very amused to see COT topics discussing media far past the Bionicle age group.

That's not surprising at all, though. If I had to take a guess, the average age of people in this site is around 15. At least, I very much doubt there's more than a handful of people under 12. It's to be expected, really.

AXKP5KC.png

Not so much a pet peeve, but I'm always very amused to see COT topics discussing media far past the Bionicle age group.

That's not surprising at all, though. If I had to take a guess, the average age of people in this site is around 15. At least, I very much doubt there's more than a handful of people under 12. It's to be expected, really.
Oh, I know that. I just get a chortle when I see a topic for, say, the Boondocks, which drops the n-word a minimum of five times an episode.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

This shouldn't annoy me......but I get really annoyed when most of the topics have a bunch of one line posts, and when someone (like me) makes an insightful post that might be worth discussing, nobody bothers to read it and it is either completely ignored, or the topic abruptly dies.

My main pet peeve is that sometimes when ever I post, it takes a god awful long time for the post to save and whenever that happens, I just refresh the page. Unfortuanately though, I then have to re type it all over again!

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

Ponies. Come at me.IMO the MLP:FiM meme became old even before the downtime. I'm very surprised it lasted this long!

+1,000 to that. I just can't wait for that fad to die down.
I hate ponies. So much.

Creating links, it's about ten times harder to format a link than it was on the original BZPower.

I wouldn't say ten times, but it's annoying. The rich text editor is easier on the eyes, but links don't work, and the BBCode mode has, well, BBCode, but that font gives me headaches.
19704_s.gif

The MLP meme/internet "virus".I've seen it on so many forums it's not even funny. For Pete sake, it's a show for young girls.

Do people even know what a meme is.People call MLP a meme so much it isn't even funny. For Pete's sake, a meme is nothing like a fanbase or even a fad.I'm putting that as a pet peeve. People, learn your lingo. You just sound silly when you call things by the wrong names.(And also who cares if it's for little girls.) Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Having Em-Oh-Dee get changed to "moderator" gets really frustrating.It's like, "Dude, why?"On a more personal level, whenever someone, often in an RPG, potrays martial arts/combat in general to be at least one-third acrobatics, their characters doing enough flips, handsprings, and pirouettes to make any old wuxia film proud.As a martial artist myself, I can only say one thing without dissolving into a rant.NO.Also, on the subject of FiM: Guys, seriously, calling it a "meme" isn't a correct usage of the term. At least "fad" was kind of accurate.We Bronies are a fanbase, a periphery demographic, if you will.Which is okay, because I believe Faust has stated that the show was aimed at little girls and their parents.So believe it or not, there is some stuff that's aimed closer to our age group, and if there wasn't before, with the size of the herd these days, there HAS to be now.:3

Edited by Razgriz the Dovahkiin

helo frens

Not being able to mention a popular video website. And, on that note, not being able to link to sites with forums.

The video site can't be mentioned because the comments usually have a lot of profanity in them, which is actually a similar case with Twitter, yet that's allowed somehow. =/Big signature images are exasperating most of the time, sometimes it takes awhile for the page to load if the images are too big. Also, I have no absolutely no problem with the MLP fad, it's much better than the fad that was going on right before the forums went down.
We can't mention it, yet the staff can, and have, linked to it. Not that we can link to it, either. That's what bugs me.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Ponies. Come at me.IMO the MLP:FiM meme became old even before the downtime. I'm very surprised it lasted this long!

This. When will it end?
Well, judging by the postion of the sun and the moon, not very soon. (in my opinon) it's kind of evolved into a way of life for some people... all my real-life friends (no offense guys) are bronies now, it's becoming contagious...I'd have to say Hero Factory. I don't really like it, but people do, so I have to see it occasionally. Personally, I liked the old days when I went to BBC and saw movie-version characters and many forms of Toa Nidhiki, when we had just heard he was once a Toa (seems so long ago, 2005...) though Hero Factory does allow for great creations, and I've seen many, I just don't see it fitting well in the little niche that was BIONICLE for me."bionicles" also is a pet-peeve for me, as well as "glatorians" "toas" "makutas" "kanohis" ... you see what I mean? Another, real nit-picky one is "Bionicle" as the correct spelling is BIONICLE, as that is a compound word.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Yeah, but if you, say, copy/paste a link (at least in chrome, my browser) in rich-text mode, the link itself has become an embedded link, so you can't actually work with it (as in making URL's or posting images) without disabling the editor, which doesn't stay disabled, at least for me.

There's no GregF or Binkmeister we can talk to.

Dude that too.
On the links in RT mode, all you have to do is type the words you want to use as your link, like "click this link," highlight it, click the link button, and paste in your link, and voila. I think it's way easier than the way the old software did links.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Like TheMightyFighty on page 1, I too find Short Stories to be a tad annoying; I also find the Oneshots in Comedies to be annoying. In Short Stories it's extremely hard to get noticed by more than one or two people, and in Comedies you can be the biggest guy and nobody will read your Oneshot. I fail to understand this.Another pet peeve would be haters. Y'know, the people who hate something for the sake of hating something, it seems. I haven't really seen any real reasons (for some examples) of why these people dislike things such as Hero Factory or My Little Pony other than the fact that "it isn't Bionicle" or "My Little Pony is dumb".Other than that though, BZP is pretty chill.-ibrow

OH NO LINKING FORUMS ELSE BZPOWER WILL CRUMBLE AND DIE!I hate that rule.Thanks to being too strict, BZP as gained the hate of most other LEGO-related sites.

8% of the people epically wins with comic making. If you are the 92% that fails at it, copy and paste this into your sig

100% of people here are humans. If you are somehow a matoran, pate this in your sig.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9187

OH NO LINKING FORUMS ELSE BZPOWER WILL CRUMBLE AND DIE!I hate that rule.Thanks to being too strict, BZP as gained the hate of most other LEGO-related sites.

At least I'm not the only one who noticed that. :PBut what I don't get is, why they hate them so much for one little rule.

On 12/10/2011 at 6:30 AM, 'Rarity' said:
On 12/10/2011 at 6:19 AM, 'onewa25' said:

At least I'm not the only one who noticed that. :PBut what I don't get is, why they hate them so much for one little rule.

Edited by Tilius

Because it's honestly such a petty and quite childish rule. And so out of line with the basic rules of every other forum ever made. And it's especially irrelevant now, 'cause the site was down for several months and yet didn't really lose its members, so it doesn't matter if people learn other sites exist because we know they'll come back here anyway. Unless the admins are worried that people will see how much better other forums are and lose members like that.... But then again, I honestly don't think there is a decent Lego forum out there....they all have their faults.- Tilius
That´s a misconception of the rule. The rule isn´t there to avoid losing members (how ridiculous would that be?) but because we cannot control the content of other forums and thus cannot make sure they are appropiate and right to be linked to. Personally, I do agree the rule is too strict, even though it makes perfectly sense. Trust me, we are going to do something about it. ;)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The whole "we don't want to take responsibility for anything" attitude of the staff, which is shown in their ####### and forum rules is annoying. But what really bugs me is the (I wouldn't say constant, but typical) optimism around here about things, because you all (and you know it) are afraid of getting proto points lost for flaming and trolling (which, with this staff, you probably will), so you keep an extremely positive attitude on everything. For instance, until the last week or so, you've all been saying "Take your time, Greg! Be a family man! We can wait for as long as it takes!" despite the lack of updates for the last six months or so. Now that many of you are acknowledging that Bionicle is finally over, some of you are saying "Well, I think it'll come back someday, better than ever!" I'm not saying that you guys should be constantly whiny and negative about everything, but the current states of Bionicle and BZPower aren't so perfect, and you guys should (and should be able to) say the truth, as it is.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The whole "we don't want to take responsibility for anything" attitude of the staff, which is shown in their ####### and forum rules is annoying. But what really bugs me is the (I wouldn't say constant, but typical) optimism around here about things, because you all (and you know it) are afraid of getting proto points lost for flaming and trolling (which, with this staff, you probably will), so you keep an extremely positive attitude on everything. For instance, until the last week or so, you've all been saying "Take your time, Greg! Be a family man! We can wait for as long as it takes!" despite the lack of updates for the last six months or so. Now that many of you are acknowledging that Bionicle is finally over, some of you are saying "Well, I think it'll come back someday, better than ever!" I'm not saying that you guys should be constantly whiny and negative about everything, but the current states of Bionicle and BZPower aren't so perfect, and you guys should (and should be able to) say the truth, as it is.

What exactly is wrong with saying Greg should focus on his new family rather than on a toy line? And even if you think Greg should write some updates again, it´s perfectly fine for you to say so, and you aren´t going to get punished for it. However, there are ways and ways to say it, and if you yell at Greg and even insult him in an extreme case, then chances are it won´t be fine anymore. It´s not so much about what you say rather than about how you say it.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

yep, all those bronies, so annoying, as well as their avatars, bu thats why i ignore them.EDIT: and that sig two posts above the bottom of page one Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

The ponies do annoy me a bit, but I can get over them just like any internet meme. Not being able to link to other sites also annoys me. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I personally have faith in the membership's ability to be appropriate, and the staff's ability to moderate it in any situation where it isn't. Personally, I don't see any difference between linking to a website and posting a picture. The BZPower staff have no control over the picture that's posted, however, if it were inappropriate, then the staff could easily remove it. Same thing for links, if the link is to an inappropriate site, then the staff could simply remove it.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

The ponies do annoy me a bit, but I can get over them just like any internet meme. Not being able to link to other sites also annoys me. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I personally have faith in the membership's ability to be appropriate, and the staff's ability to moderate it in any situation where it isn't. Personally, I don't see any difference between linking to a website and posting a picture. The BZPower staff have no control over the picture that's posted, however, if it were inappropriate, then the staff could easily remove it. Same thing for links, if the link is to an inappropriate site, then the staff could simply remove it.-don't touch my pocket protector

Links to external websites aren´t forbidden per se as long as they are related to LEGO and appropiate. It´s just forums (and generally most sites with commenting systems) that aren´t allowed beforehand because there you don´t only have to check for the site itself, but also for what the members post on there. It´s much harder to control the content there because a forum that looks appropiate at first glance (as most LEGO forums luckily are :P) may contain inappropiate comments and posts you can very easily miss.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I also feel like there's an overall attitude that wouldn't allow this topic to actually be posted, but surprise surprise =P. There's definitely an air of "criticize me and you die", both from staff and members alike, that make it really hard to have open communication and dialogue; I'm hoping that this topic is indicative of a change in that feeling, and that people can learn to recognize constructive criticism, as opposed to taking everything as an insult.[...]

Whoah, did you just insult me? D:<j/kI suppose you're talking about GD in here? Because from what I've experienced, in the Artwork forums (constructive) critism usually gets accepted, or at least tolerated. I mean, who posts their work only to have it praised by others? Oo

This shouldn't annoy me......but I get really annoyed when most of the topics have a bunch of one line posts, and when someone (like me) makes an insightful post that might be worth discussing, nobody bothers to read it and it is either completely ignored, or the topic abruptly dies.

Oh yes, I know that feeling. It's really annoying. ><The problem is that if the question in the starting post can be answered with only one line, most people won't bother to read through the already existing replies looking for insightful posts to respond to. :shrugs:

quoting quotes quoting quotes quoting quotes that quote quotes. Unless all the quotes are relevant, I try to just quote the most recent post.[...]

I quote because people then get notified that someone replied to their post. So IMO it can be really helpful Oh nevermind me.I'll have to agree with you on this. What also can be annoying is people quoting the entire length of someone else's post if they actually just want to comment on only one line out of it. :sarcastic:

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

*types out a long post or PM**hits Post or Send**loading**loading**loading*...*Unable to load page*The server fattens up at the worst times, man.

This is definitely one of them. In fact it did it to me while I was trying to post this. Copy/Paste saved me there.On a somewhat related note, the "Add Entry" button in the blogs took some getting used to. I would type out a really long, thought out post... and then I would click the "Add Entry" button thinking it would add the entry. Of course it just brings up a new blank spot, and the browser's 'back' button doesn't bring the text back. I think I'm mostly used to it now, though.Other than that, I don't have a whole lot of pet peeves here. I go to this site to relax, not get annoyed. If I got annoyed by things I wouldn't come here.
BZPRPG

People who overuse the " :pirate:" emote.The " :pirate: emote is cute, but...The " :pirate:" emote just gets overused.

I've never used that emote ever... till right...NOW! :pirate: Anyway, my pet peeve would have to be when I have to deal with other members that don't know how to make complete sentences, spell everything wrong, and always misunderstand everything you tell them...I see a lot of that in the RPG forums...And they're usually YOUNGER PEOPLE!!! :o Why do I feel old when I say that?

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Because it's honestly such a petty and quite childish rule. And so out of line with the basic rules of every other forum ever made. And it's especially irrelevant now, 'cause the site was down for several months and yet didn't really lose its members, so it doesn't matter if people learn other sites exist because we know they'll come back here anyway. Unless the admins are worried that people will see how much better other forums are and lose members like that.... But then again, I honestly don't think there is a decent Lego forum out there....they all have their faults.- Tilius
That´s a misconception of the rule. The rule isn´t there to avoid losing members (how ridiculous would that be?) but because we cannot control the content of other forums and thus cannot make sure they are appropiate and right to be linked to. Personally, I do agree the rule is too strict, even though it makes perfectly sense. Trust me, we are going to do something about it. ;)~Gata. ;)
99% sure that the rule was originally put in place in the early days to avoid losing members. Pretty sure the rules were like WE DON'T WANNA LOSE PEOPLE originally.- Tilius
Unfortunately, I believe you are right about that (that´s also the reason why the filter to moderator was put in place). However, that is not the reason the rule has been kept even today, as it has been expanded to any kind of website with commenting system.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

The people who are like "grr the staff is so rude and strict and evil and they're out to eat your proto".Unless you're actively antagonistic and rude towards people you shouldn't have any problems.

Unless you link to another forum or if you link to ####### or if you act negative about anything or if your avatar or signature doesn't fit guidelines or if you mention politics or if you mention religion or if you try to discuss leaked sets or if you double-post or... Edited by Toa Zaz

The people who are like "grr the staff is so rude and strict and evil and they're out to eat your proto".Unless you're actively antagonistic and rude towards people you shouldn't have any problems.

Unless you link to another forum or if you link to ####### or if you act negative about anything or if your avatar or signature doesn't fit guidelines or if you mention politics or if you mention religion or if you try to discuss leaked sets or if you double-post or...
...or if you do all those things repeatedly and deliberately despite having been reminded several times, you shouldn´t have any problems, indeed. ;)~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png