Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

The important thing to take away from this week is Rarity told two very poor base lies and a series of supporting fibs and omitted truths, and profited (both emotionally and fiscally) from the circumstances with no realistic repercussions.

Edited by Makaru
Rarity is the 1%. Occupy Canterlot.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I don't think it was at all necessary for Rarity to have lied aboout her and her friends' identities The six of them saved Equestria twice. I think that should make you notable enough to earn the respect of some stuffy upper-class twits.

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I agree that Rarity should've never lied to her friends at all about her new Canterlot associates. However, the anxiety about having new connections in Canterlot to support her buisiness really had a hold on her, and she focused herself to that more than what was important, and by that, completely forgot about her friends at the moment. Its like trying to multitask with two or more things, and if you focus on one thing rather than the others, you forget them until you finish what you're doing. Rarity forgot what was important, and shouldn't have been so quick to lie, but she is a drama queen, and with that said, it was imminent that she didn't know exactly what to do at the moment, so she paniced. I think that the other Mane Six may have noted that something might be going on with Rarity, but they just set it aside for Twilight, as it is her birthday.

What other shows do you guys like?-SK

Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, America's Funniest Home Videos, Life After People, Star Wars The Clone Wars and Seconds from Disaster.That's about all I care about these days. And some of them are over, and I haven't seen episodes of the others in awhile (I'm so behind on the Clone Wars)

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I used to be really into Samurai Jack. It was just the perfect combination of science fiction, a legitimately terrifying bad guy, and well-placed comedy.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

New episode was quite *squee*.

Didn't expect the rest of the Mane Six to show up, but it was totally worth it. Always fun to wreck posh parties. :P

Same here. This episode so reminded me of the GGG.

Well we got a new song! :biggrin: and it sounded like art of the dress, with different words. :PThis is definitely one of the best episodes.

Yes it did. Given that Rarity hasn't had a song since "Suited for Success" I had forgotten what a great singer Tabitha St. Germain was.

Okay. Please tell me I'm not the only one who think Rarity looks good when she goes to the Art Gallery.Y'know, better than usual.Kalhiki

Wait, you mean when she has her hair up and whatnot? If so, then yes, she does look great. (kinda reminds me of AJ when she ran off and went to a dinner party with Aunt and Uncle Orange.) If not that, then I have no idea what you're talking about, but I love just about all of Rarity's different looks (including her playing in the rain with Sweetie Belle,) so I'm sure she looked great.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Okay. Please tell me I'm not the only one who think Rarity looks good when she goes to the Art Gallery.Y'know, better than usual.Kalhiki

Wait, you mean when she has her hair up and whatnot? If so, then yes, she does look great. (kinda reminds me of AJ when she ran off and went to a dinner party with Aunt and Uncle Orange.) If not that, then I have no idea what you're talking about, but I love just about all of Rarity's different looks (including her playing in the rain with Sweetie Belle,) so I'm sure she looked great.
During the song. The first place she goes to. When she's wearing the beret.But you're right. Rarity always looks good.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Fringe, Hawaii Five-0, Star Trek, Transformers Prime, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and other stuff.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Ha! Silly, you act like there's other shows on!(But really I like a bunch of Sci Fi stuff, Spongebob, King of the Hill, and Family Guy)Lol, I saw the best comment on the episode, "Lol Fancy Pants doesn't actually wear pants!"

I don't think it was at all necessary for Rarity to have lied aboout her and her friends' identities The six of them saved Equestria twice. I think that should make you notable enough to earn the respect of some stuffy upper-class twits.

That always throws me, considering that we specifically saw them being publicly hailed as heroes in Canterlot after they defeated Discord. It's like the regular episodes take place in a different continuity than the pilot ones. The only mention of the Elements of Harmony in a regular episode is when Luna brought it up in the Nightmare Night episode.Writing-wise I understand the reason - it's to make the mane six more relatable as characters; plus you wouldn't want to make it difficult for a new fan watching their first episode to understand the situation (and we are talking about a show intended for little children here, so that's doubly important). So ultimately I just have to accept that as the reason and move on (like the MST3K theme song says, "Just repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax"). But it still throws me plot-wise.

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

The important thing to take away from this week is Rarity told two very poor base lies and a series of supporting fibs and omitted truths, and profited (both emotionally and fiscally) from the circumstances with no realistic repercussions.

This. Gah. It really irks me. I mean, c'mon, really? Darn near ruins it for me.Aside from that debacle, I thought the episode was rather good. I'm not a fan of Rarity, I get enough of the over-dramatics from my five sisters. But, oddly enough, Rarity's singing voice is my favorite. And two of my favorite episodes are "Art of the Dress" and "Green Isn't Your Color". Really weird actually. Heck, you could even throw "Sisterhooves Social" onto the list.These ponies confound me and not for the stereotypical reasons.EDIT: Yeah, that too. I mean, I was saying this through the entire episode. HOW DOES NOPONY KNOW WHO RARITY IS?? THEY SAVED EQUESTRIA TWICE FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE! Edited by Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Oh, was anyone else annoyed out the wazoo that Rarity's singing voice was different and definitely not close to her normal voice? Because I was.The song was okay, but I really couldn't get over that fact.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

"Art of the Dress"

Suited for Success. :PAlso, Rarity is a master manipulator.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Oh, was anyone else annoyed out the wazoo that Rarity's singing voice was different and definitely not close to her normal voice? Because I was.The song was okay, but I really couldn't get over that fact.

I actually thought she sounded like Twilight singing.

I like to think Rarity came clean after the episode.

Fringe, The Last Airbender, Lost, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Castle, Terra Nova, Futurama, Doctor Who, New Girl, and probably some other stuff I'm blanking on now. I suspect you were trying to ascertain whether all the shows we like are sissy, no? :P

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

You should have played a more common one.Also, new episode is cool. I felt like murdering Rarity.Also, this show does a really bad job of showing that lying is wrong. XD

The episode wasn't really about lying, but rather about hiding who you are, where you come from, and where your loyalties lie. In the end, while Rarity didn't have to apologize for lying, she did have to be honest about her friends and where she comes from.Fancy Pants is a pretty great guy. You can see that he wouldn't have judged Rarity no matter where she came from. If he had been the first high-society pony she had encountered in Canterlot, I get the idea that she would have had no trouble being honest about where she came from. But instead she ran into Jet Set and Upper Crust, who were obviously far less open-minded and made her feel she would have to hide her past.

Loved the new episode. Do't think it'll be a favourite, and the song was only decent, but it was still great. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU was funny. :Pas for other shows I like, here you go:Doctor Who, Star Trek, Babylon 5, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Avatar: The Last Airbender, etc.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Oh, for reason I wanted to call Fancy Pants, Robert Downey Jr. :P

Nah, he was totally Cary Elwes. :P
That was my thoughts exactly, especially like Pierre Desperaux from Psych. The hair, the elegance, him being impressed with the mane six, and him trying to have them be in awe of him so he can manipulate them. The only thing he didn't do was "steal" the Elements of Harmony from Celestia, who was in fact going broke and sold them to him, for insurance fraud. The season 3 opener anyone? :P
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Oh, for reason I wanted to call Fancy Pants, Robert Downey Jr. :P

Nah, he was totally Cary Elwes. :P
Someone compared him to The Most Interesting Man in the World, which is my favorite comparison so far. :lol:...He is constantly surrounded by groupies.In the fashion industry his word is law.Canterlot royalty bow to him."I say, I don't always drink apple cider. But when I do, I drink Dos Equine. Stay thirsty, my good chaps!

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Just seen the first two episodes of Season 2. The plot reminded me of something.Six colourful characters, each wielding an element unite and combine their powers to seal the evil Teridax Discord in protodermis stone and bring peace to Metru Nui Ponyville.

YES! I'm not the only one who thought that.But for me, it was the mane six discovering their unityfriendship in the pilot.

Just seen the first two episodes of Season 2. The plot reminded me of something.Six colourful characters, each wielding an element unite and combine their powers to seal the evil Teridax Discord in protodermis stone and bring peace to Metru Nui Ponyville.

YES! I'm not the only one who thought that.But for me, it was the mane six discovering their unityfriendship in the pilot.
Lol, I also get reminded of '01 a little in the first 2 episodes.I watched the new episode yesterday, I had to go help my mom at some craft thing :( boring.And I also watch The Walking Dead, Fringe, the X-Files, Red vs. Blue, Doctor Who, Naruto, Avatar The Last Air Bender, and some other stuff.

Like all Rarity-centric episodes, enjoyable and excellent."I need to use the little fillies' room"

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Nothing, of course! Doctor Who, Warehouse 13, Seconds from Disaster occasionally, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Iron Chef America, Curiosity, and I'm trying to get into Sherlock.In other news... I finished up Season 1 (finally!), so now I'm all caught up. Favorite episodes in S1: The Cutie Mark Chronicles, Grand Galloping Gala, and A Dog and Pony Show. Least favorite: Look Before You Sleep and Green Isn't Your Color. I hate the girly ones.I also am getting into more and more fanfics. There's one that I'm reading called 'The Cold Hand of Mercy'. It's about Fluttershy becoming Death (literally), but she has to deal with extracting people's souls and worse, abandoning her friends and animals without the possibility of coming back. It's really sad, but it's very well written.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I don't read fanfics on principle. I dunno why, just not my thing.Anyways, I was going to put off watching the new episode till tomorrow, but the dancing Twilight in that .gif Valenti posted made me rethink that plan. Sweet & Elite (Or however it's named) here I go.

AXKP5KC.png

I also am getting into more and more fanfics. There's one that I'm reading called 'The Cold Hand of Mercy'. It's about Fluttershy becoming Death (literally), but she has to deal with extracting people's souls and worse, abandoning her friends and animals without the possibility of coming back. It's really sad, but it's very well written.

You should read The Glassblower. It's got to be one of the best fanfics I've read on the site (although I haven't read much). According to the author's comments he was trying to do a ponified take on traditional elements of fables, and I have to say he exceeded in doing just that while making it a well written and incredibly moving work. I'm also a fan of sadfics (to an extent), and this one is definitely my favorite. It features Rarity in a little OOC mode, but that's easily overlooked. Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG