Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I checked up here, I guess I should write up some form of an apology or something. Anyway, I am sorry for the extremely long break, it turns out that during the past few months when I wasn't feeling necessarily well, I was sick with a pretty annoying illness. Regardless of that, I am almost-kinda back! Now some of you might be thinking, "Does this mean you're going to be making comics again?". Yes, and no. As of right now I'm in the planning stage of something else. Comics will be coming later if this thing I'm working on somehow works out successfully, then I shall continue. It is going to be in an entirely different format then my previous comics. I'm abandoning the "Sprite" comic form and am instead working on a larger non-sprite kit comic experiment thing. This doesn't mean I'm not working on Sprite comics though. The idea of the new series that I'm planning is that sprite comics are basically a show or a business as others have created in their comics. I would be creating two different forms of comics. The comic would focus on the behind the scenes of the sprite comics, where everything is actually not a sprite, and is actually hand drawn, and then it would focus on the sprite comics produced. So basically its showing both stages. Now I suppose I should make a preview of sort so thats where this comes in.PreviewSo yeah, thats basically what I'm working on at the moment. This is basically just like the 'sprite' I used for Living the Suburban Life except its revamped. New design (designed to match the Chimoru R Sprite), posable/easy to recolor (each body part is on a seperate layer, so I can easily recolor them or rotate them as I please) and its almost done. I still have to complete the hands, lower body, and create a couple of masks. Now who will be participating in this series (If I can somehow complete this drawing)? Most of the PGS are not going to be "Pgs" in the new series. The main people who will have a roll in the series are my fellow members of the UCS. This doesn't mean past PGS won't be in the new series however, they actually have a greater chance of it then any other person. They will most likely make numerous cameos in the series both "behind the scenes" and in the actual comics. So there you have it, bunches of things planned and hopefully I can complete them. ~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Woohoo, you're almost back! I agree with Facade entirely on this one.It reminds me a bit of the recolorable 3D Phantoka sprites from the archives, which is a very good thing. It's also rather setlike, arms aside.Glad to see UCS members will be in it. I get to keep my spot! XDAnd you will forever remember this as the day when you ALMOST caught TNG Prime. (accidentally walks back off of a cliff and falls to the ocean) Never mind, I could really appreciate someone catching me now!Oh, and this seems to be the perfect opportunity to ask--can TNG become a Toa now?

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

So, something new in a combined style of LTSL and Chimoru R?With the UCS?Hm. Wow.That's great, and it's also great to see you back.Anyways. If I'd make a suggestion, It'd be that for Ler - his eyes would still have to be blue and red in some way, either fully of a color with darker/lighter pupils maybe, or just normal with colored pupils. Dunno. He'd just look a bit odd normally.Good luck, though.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

New ComicDoctor RojakI have this idea for a comic in my head for a while. It is based off of one of my favorite jokes. This is just a random comic, it isn't part of the series technically. I added new things in the comic to make it look pretty such as:Shadows (Not just a reflection but actual shadows like how it is suppose to be.Eye and heartlight glow close upsSmaller, simpler new textAnd that is about it. So yeah, enjoy and what not. As of progress on any new series, no idea. Not sure exactly what I want to do, but I'll figure something out.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I just read all of your numbered comics, and I have to say, you've done well with these. My absolute favorite has to be Comic 043. It's short, to the point, and ridiculously funny.I can see why this topic has gotten over 1,000 replies. Kudos, Soran!Also, that Iron Man comic is beautiful.akanohi.png

Edited by Akano Toa of Electricity

Akano's Comics
BZP's resident "MOO" obsesser. My Blag.
"Quality trumps potential every single time. Why? Because all potential means is that you might become great. Quality means that you already are." -Kahinuva
We are the Order of Absolutely Crazy People. Sometimes, that's all it takes.
My stories: Inventor of Metru Nui, My Transformation, My Transformation Part II, Inventor of Metru Nui Rewritten
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehe. I don't normally go to the comics section, but when I do......I wear a fancy hat. ^^ (He is the lamest member of BZPower)Anyway, I don't normally come here, but I just read Dr. Rojak and the punchline in the middle of the comic cracked me up. XDI'll have to check more of these out; they fit my line of humor.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

The Beginning...A new comic, woo. I haven't had much time for comics and things recently which is why there is a large delay for comics. Terribly sorry for that. Anyway here is a nice LONG story arc for you guys. I'll update whenever I can with new comics.

Things worth noting:

• The official island my comics are hosted on is called "Tiaki-Nui" (Tiaki means to care for, look after, guard in Maori.)
  • The Kanohi Olmak is the official symbol for the island.
  • The Universal Olmak Train Station is a train station that powers on Kanohi Olmaks and is used as quick transportation to some islands. Train stations are held on many major islands with the largest one being held on Tiaki-Nui.

And thats about it I think. I hope you guys enjoy the comic,~Soran

Edited by Soran

• 2 weeks later...

Now that was hilarious. Is the troll face a reference to how many times it popped up in my old series?A fitting end to the pie joke.You see, I'd like my PGS name changed to Axilus, and my comedic gag becoming long speeches about justice, honor, and freedom, along with a tendency to accidentally smash stuff without even being slightly irritated. Also, when the situation suits it, brutal GIVE ME YOUR (insert name of body part that is ripped off here) moments against people he believes is evil. No more pie and bacon.Sheet can stay the same.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

One of the Best quotes ever. "Skip the candy, we want pie".
Indeed.
That costume... So pro.
Thanks.
What I'd give for that awesome mask...Halloween somehow has been postponed where I am.
Good to know its awesome. Well I'm sorry about that.
Now that was hilarious. Is the troll face a reference to how many times it popped up in my old series?A fitting end to the pie joke.You see, I'd like my PGS name changed to Axilus, and my comedic gag becoming long speeches about justice, honor, and freedom, along with a tendency to accidentally smash stuff without even being slightly irritated. Also, when the situation suits it, brutal GIVE ME YOUR (insert name of body part that is ripped off here) moments against people he believes is evil. No more pie and bacon.Sheet can stay the same.
Alright, changes will be made.
Awesome comic. But who's the guy on the left?
The guy would be Soran, I decided to give him a neat costume. I tried to make it seem like it was Soran by leaving his eyes and heart light the same color.Glad you guys like the comic,~Soran

• 2 weeks later...
Need a new mask?Part 2 of the Story arc. This was originally part of a longer comic but the first 3 panels could easily be a stand alone so I went with that so I wouldn't keep you guys waiting any longer (this story arc involves a LOT of new backgrounds to make which is why comics are taking a really long time.)(Yes I noticed the typo in the second panel, I don't feel like fixing it at the moment.)~Soran Edited by Soran

Why not no mask?
A lot of this comic actually goes by at least some portion of BIONICLE logic. So in BIONICLE if a matoran were to take off his or her mask, she would be weaker. This is the same with these comics, Soran would be much weaker (he is already weak enough as is) and that wouldn't do much good for fighting crime.~Soran

Invoke fear into the criminals' hearts? The Batmatoran!
That was exactly what I thought when I saw that line.I say you do something where Soran takes his mask off, puts on another and then becomes a Toa, then if he is in his toa form and takes of his mask he returns to Matoran form. Just an idea.

New Mask DecisionsI think the most stereotype mask would be a Kaukau used for a girl (I used one for tammy to make fun of this at first).This Story arc will use the most backgrounds I have ever made as well as the most cameos. Most comic makers (or people who have a chimoru R form) will make a cameo in this story arc.~Soran Edited by Soran