BZPower Gets Skinned

Deep within the heart of BZPower command, we've been hard at work creating a new skin to better represent BZPower and our Bionicle roots. If all goes well, after posting this it should become the default skin for all users - if not, scroll down to the bottom of the forums and click on the 'Change Theme' link. If you come across any issues or see something that doesn't look quite right, please post in the Talkback (screenshots help). A huge thanks goes out to Than the Moa and Watashi Wa for doing the heavy lifting on this project!View the full article

I like it, though I'm really really used to the default skin by now. This one's a bit easier on the eyes, though, so on it stays. :P

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I really like this new skin. However, the white text of various buttons -- the Quote and Multiquote buttons on the forums, and on the blogs, the Options, Read Full Entry, and content block Edit and Delete buttons -- could be changed to be readable. Right now their text is hard to distinguish.
I agree with this.But still, I think that this new look is awesome. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I prefer the standard IPB thing, but it's good to see that BZP has finally done it. I'd like to see a really over the top BIONICLE-y one, with mask icons and random tools in headers and such now. I might use that if it happens.EDIT: Just spotted Takua in the blogs. Totally worth the skin, just for that.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Great job, but I'll have to get used to it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

It looks great, although it'll take some getting used to. The pastel colors are an unexpected change.Assuming they're not the pinned icons and page numbers, I haven't seen the red links that everyone's talking about; what are they?
The red links appear when you hover over links; they aren't naturally red.The skin is very awesome, though; a very nice change, and something else that's awesome for the anniversary. Very good work, guys. =D

What's the difference?
Clear your cache if you can't see it. Changes include new forum icons and new colours for pretty much everything.Thanks Than and WW for doing all the hard work on this! :) It's turned out fantastic. I've already had some time to get used to it, which wasn't really hard. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The only one thing I've noticed about this skin, and also the other one, is that it shows which rank images are transparent, and which aren't. Like the Bohrok(Or Bohrok Kal, maybe even both) images; they were coloured with the old forum's background colour, that alice blue. No-one noticed, since it was the background colour, but since this is white; it's more noticeable.That said, I can understand why it wasn't updated, since it took so long the last time it was updated, no-one likely wishes to go through that again. =P

Button fix should be in, it was an issue where the wrong background color was being applied to browsers that don't support gradients (which would be Internet Explorer). Thanks for pointing it out guys
Thanks for the quick fix. :) It looks much better; those buttons are now quite visible. However, the buttons such as "Find Content," "Add/Remove Friend," and the one to send a message on profiles still have the problem.Edit: Oh, and the button to update status in the dropdown corner section also still has the problem too.~B~ Edited by Ballom

Button fix should be in, it was an issue where the wrong background color was being applied to browsers that don't support gradients (which would be Internet Explorer). Thanks for pointing it out guys
Thanks for the quick fix. :) It looks much better; those buttons are now quite visible. However, the buttons such as "Find Content," "Add/Remove Friend," and the one to send a message on profiles still have the problem.Edit: Oh, and the button to update status in the dropdown corner section also still has the problem too.~B~
Ok, I'll take a look at those this afternoon when I get off work.

Yo.