OOC: I'll go on record as saying I have no idea what's going on.

I blame......uh....

......I dunno. Micheal Bay. All his fault. Yep.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"We need someone highly placed, but also someone for whom it would not seem out of place for them to access the database. Which more or less rules out Howlett, the Wolverine's son."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC [NPC/Reykjavik]It was a surprisingly temperate day for city of Reykjavik; with highs in the upper fifties, most were surprised by such a heatwave.Inside a warehouse downtown, its occupants were less concerned with the temperature and more with their wallets. A team of Americans had assembled, a collection of mathematicians, engineers, military officers, and one House Representative. They were studying pamphlets as a woman, surprisingly young for a position such as hers, came up next to the largest occupant of the room. She cleared her throat, drawing the attention of them and motioning to the machine next to her. "Ladies, gentlemen." Her voice was thickly accented, but still quite intelligible. "I'm here to present the next step in your military technology."She raised her hand, and for the first time the team got a good look at the monstrosity in the room as lights clicked on. It stood 3 meters in height, five meters in width, and a magnificent ten meters in length. It rested on eight thick legs, the feet supporting the beast almost four meters in width at some points. It had no immediately decernable cockpit, rather keeping the plated exterior of itself all the way around."This is the Mark V Loxosceles Assault Vehicle. The design has been on the drawing board for eleven years now; with the advent of mutant assisted manufacturing processes, it can be cheaply and reliably produced. Its purpose is quite simple; the ability to be a mobile platform, designed to... complement the Enforcer Sentinels. Despite its moderate size, it is well suited for urban environments, capable of making precision turns with speed comparable to wheel based vehicles.

"Its armor makes it a walking glacier. Forty centimeters of British composite armor, better known in military circles as chobham, layered with an outer exterior of reactive plating, makes its durability comparable to an M1 Abrams. And yet that armor is simply there for when someone can get past its countermeasures; employing a number of technologies, it has a combination of kinetic and laser based anti-projectile systems to detect and counter anything from shoulder-based RPG weapons to twenty centimeter artillery rounds.

"Its weapons systems include six twelve-kilowatt laser batteries, freshly minted from Los Alamos, twelve thirty millimeter Gatling-style anti-armor cannons, six twenty millimeter anti-personal autocannons, and two duel-mounted one-fifty-two millimeter artillery cannons. It also contains six internal missile mounts. All of these weapons have computer assistance, capable of being reloaded entirely automatically as well as using state of the art AI in case of emergency. It of course contains a kill switch on the computerized aspects.

"Its crew of six are assisted by a vast variety of updated computer-assisted technologies. Mufti-spectrum radar, GPS, infrared, Sentinel mutant detection, real time tracking, redundant communications, helium fire suppression systems, advanced air filtration, and even the capability to be submerged in up to five meters of water. All of these barely begin to touch the surface of the technologies being employed here.The truly standout feature is the advanced tracking systems. Using a combination of photonic and electronic computing, this machine can target, track, and destroy anything larger than a golf ball using a combination of contrast, infrared, and radar signatures."

"An impressive sales speech." A Marine Colonel spoke up. "What's your price point?"

"We estimate a total unit cost of around fifty three million US dollars."

"A considerable amount, seeing as I could buy five Abrams for that money."

"An Abrams tank is good sir, but it was not built with mutants in mind. This platform was. If a mutant gets within two hundred meters, this vehicle will rip them to shreds. And, should the military ever see a day when they don't wish to keep mutants at bay, it can be easily used towards more conventional means."

"I was sold before I came here," the Representative looked at his set of papers, then handing them out to his aide. "This meeting is a formality, nothing more. I've seen first hand what this machine can do; I believe after the rest of Congress sees that, it will agree with me."

"I would hope so Congressman. The first five units will be arriving in American soil in one day; further purchases would be appreciated greatly by Scandium Incorporated."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Ashley

Ashley simply grasped one of Dallas' arms as he held her, still quite speechless. Her eyes were moist, but she had yet to shed a single tear, as she was still in complete disbelief, she simply refused to accept what she'd seen and heard as fact.

Ashlynn couldn't have killed Jeremy, it just didn't make any sense. Ashlynn was a healer, not a killer. Ashley didn't think she would have survived Weapon X without Ashlynn's help. She wouldn't do something like that...

"This isn't making any sense...it's not real is it Dallas?" She looked up at Dallas expectantly.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"I'll make some more tea." Alistair said quietly, glancing at Ashley. The British teen stepped into the adjacent room, putting the teapot back on the stove, before returning to the group."Would you all prefer to sit down?"

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: For near- future reference, if a post is made saying "IC - New York - Brotherhood NPCs" please read carefully (if you're a part of the subplot). The Devil is in the details. At a wrestling tournament for the rest of the day, and I won't have time to post relating to the team until tomorrow .

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

OOC: Listen to him. He used the details to utterly rout me in the past.

To this day, I don't think I have a solid victory against him.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"The Smith boy could work. According to the Enforcer's files, he's one of the original members of the team's current generation. Technopathic, well liked and trusted by most of the team due to his record."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

God, what was he supposed to say to that?

He loved Ashley more than he loved himself, in a lot of ways. A friend as pure and selfless as her came along once in the combined lifetimes of ten thousand people. She had dropped everything she had back in New York, dropped Matt, dropped her commitments to the X-Men, just because it was hurting him to be there. He couldn't think of a single other person on the planet who was in a similar situation that would have done that for him. Almost instantly, his home had become hers, and they'd spent every waking minute with each other for weeks, months, and they'd gotten closer than Dallas thought human beings could get. He'd kill for her if she was hurt; he'd die for her if it meant keeping her from getting hurt. And now here he was holding her in his arms as though she was made of purest glass, and the next words he spoke would either solidify her or break her. Ashley was tucked into his embrace so tight, it wouldn't surprise him if she could hear his heart slowly cracking and breaking.

"I dunno, Ashley. It...it doesn't look good."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: I have finally got my motivation to get back to this RP. So, anything important happened or happening?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOCPresident is giving a speech about mutants in New York City.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Ashley breathed in deeply, quivering a bit as a few tears dripped down her face. There was no way around it, Jeremy was dead, and it was thanks to the Phoenix. She couldn't blame Ashlynn, no, she refused to. She had something inside her that was so powerful and dangerous that she couldn't control it. Regardless, the whole thing had Ashley torn up so bad she didn't seem capable of doing much of anything except to remain in Dallas' embrace. Out of all the people she knew he was the only one who seemed understand her dislike for violence, the simple desire to just have a life without constant conflict and danger.

Though it seemed the conflict was still effecting her, despite her lack of involvement. Her friends were either dying or wounded, she prayed that they'd all made it out safely. If anyone else died well, she wasn't sure if she could handle it.

Pangs of guilt crept into her mind, maybe if she had been there to help things wouldn't have turned out this way...maybe Jeremy would still be alive.

IC:"Shouldn't be an issue. The X-Men have been lacking in a truly skilled telepath ever since Xavier died, which means any training they might have had is inferior to the originals."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Ashley's guilt hit Dallas like a bullet, and his embrace tightened around his phytokinetic best friend as he reached up (somewhat painfully, what with all the emotion swirling around the room, bombarding his soul at once) and brushed the tears away from her eyes, letting her tuck into him for support gently. He closed his eyes, breathed deeply, focused on trying to push some modicum of comfort, any kind of warmth, into Ashley with his empathy powers. It was something he hadn't tried before, even with himself, but it was worth a shot.

This could destroy Ashley, and he would not - would not - ever let that happen.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Alistair watched the scene with a hint of awkwardness, hand in his pockets. He wanted to help, and he hated that he had no idea how. But if he was honest with himself, it was not his place. He had met all three of the people present mere hours before, while the two former teammates had known each other far longer. The best he could do was what he was already doing. Brew some tea, and offer a place to rest.

Hearing a quiet whistling in the kitchen, he turned and stepped silently out of the room. His hand absently closed around the pot's handle, lifting it off of the stove and setting it on a small stand. A few mugs were placed on the counter halfheartedly. The teen was running on autopilot, his mind no longer focused on the task, but on innumerable other dilemmas, dilemmas both practical and moral.

The Phoenix was on the loose, of that there was no doubt. And people were suffering for it, and more people would suffer before the crisis was over. If he had the potential to act, shouldn't he? And even if he did not ultimately act, did he not have a duty to prepare? At the very least, he had a duty to help where he could. DIsaster was forthcoming, and if he could help to forestall it, he had to.

He stepped back into the foyer, feeling very much the stranger.

"Excuse me. If you want it, there's tea in the kitchen."

IC:"Always a wise mindset."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac The boy was still in the garage working on his project. He ony came out on occasion to get a drink or food.Caleb was busy in their dorm reading a book, with his sisters in their respective dorm watching TV.Dawn, however, came into the garage and just watched Zac tinker with his toys.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Ashley felt a sense of warmth and comfort slowly push into her, as if it wasn't coming from herself at all. It was a somewhat odd sensation, but not a bad one. The guilt and the pain remained, but it lessened significantly as she calmed down a little. She still quivered with each breath she took as she held onto Dallas tightly.

Alistair's voice barely registered in her mind, though she quite clearly heard the word 'tea'.

IC:

"We'll have some in a few minutes," Dallas mouthed in the general direction of the house's owner, sitting down gently on the closest chair, still cuddling Ashley into him tightly as his own eyes closed tightly, as his own head leaned softly on hers, blonde hair lightly cushioning her ear and his temple. Inside his head thoughts raced like stock cars, none of them healthy to bottle up, but none of them thoughts that he wanted to impose on Ashley. Not when she needed him, now more than ever. So he held her tightly, let her tears softly dry up in her eyes and on his shoulder, whispered words of comfort when he could, kept pushing feels into her.

"Ssh, it's alright, Ash," he sighed, the voice a mere whisper in the quiet foyer. "I'm all yours, right here. Not going anywhere. Just take your time for me, okay? I'm not going anywhere on you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Brando dropped James to the ground and ushered the two SHIELD agents to follow him out the back door, towards the garage of the small house. With a single push of a button on the universal remote, the door slowly raised to life...and revealed the baddest car Brando had ever laid eyes on. Natalie's eyes widened; James' jaw dropped.

"Ladies, let me introduce you to the Lexus LFA, Nurburgring Edition," he said, a large smirk on his face as he moved forward and gestured to the race-car orange supercar like a model at a car show, running his hand around the jet black rims of the car. "562 horsepower, 0-62 in 3.7 seconds, frame and cabin hand-stitched from carbon fiber. One of 50 made. I call her Kim Kardashian, because nothing she's made out of can possibly be real."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Okay..." Ashley said quietly, the first word she'd spoken in the past few minutes. For now she just felt content to cuddle with Dallas and let the pain slowly fade away as she felt feelings of comfort continue to push into her. At this moment she felt a lot like a child again, just letting herself be held gently while she slowly forgot why she was upset in the first place, at least for the moment.

Edited by Snelly

OOC Still waiting for Asardin's second approvalIC KnowerRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!!!!My cell phone rang. "Odysseus," I coldly said, acknowledging my identity. The speaker's voice was quite agitated; a tfar cry from his usual, mechanical voice. But seeing as the news he was delivering wasn't too normal, I could understand. My eyes widened even as the officer tried to explain the situation.Stroke of doom.Racing out of the room, I dashed into the command bridge of the Helicarrier. All around me, bridge workers were frantically trying to fix their computers, gazing up every two seconds at the developing news story. My hand reached for my cell, but I stopped myself. Fury would have heard aboutthis already. "Don't take your superiors for fools," I reminded myself.

Edited by Constructman

OOC: Oh, yeah. Approved [2], Constructman.

IC:

Dallas' fingers twirled through Ashley's viridian hair softly as his left hand found the notch that denoted her lower back and cradled her there, keeping her safe from the forces outside. Even here, in their own little sanctuary they'd created for themselves, the reality the X-Men still faced was outside, warring on without pause, and it wasn't going to stop and wait for anything, let alone two pacifistic teenagers who wouldn't - couldn't do anything to fight it. Lovers, not fighters. Not fighters in the sense the X-Men needed, anyway.

"I love you," he said quietly. "And I'm not gonna let anything happen, okay? I promise."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Alistair sank into one of the kitchen chairs, face expressionless.He'd departed the living room after only a minute's presence, silently returning to the kitchen. His hands had absently picked up the two mugs from inside the sink and scrubbed them clean with warm, soapy water, returning them to the cupboards, and repeating the process with the rest of the dishes. He ignored the dishwasher, though it lay empty mere feet away. He wanted something menial to do, something mindless.

He was almost disappointed when he had found that all the dishes were clean. A quick swipe of the nearby hand towel dried his hands, and he reached into the bag that lay against the chair he now occupied. When his hand returned it held within it a battered book, the one he kept with him at all times. It was one of his favorites, even though he knew it by heart.A book of Arthurian legend, one of the most accurate, as far as he or any of his family could tell. He began to read in silence, as the teapot steadily grew cold on the counter.I might as well not have bothered.

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I love you too..." Ashley responded quietly, feeling reassured my Dallas' words. She gave Dallas a slight squeeze as they cuddled, she felt very warm and toasty.

Toasty enough to make her want to close her eyes....just for a moment...

Soon enough Ashley was moments away from just dozing off, the day's events taking their toll.

IC:

As soon as Ashley's weariness hit him, Dallas' eyelids began to close tight, almost of their own accord. The chronokinetic attempted to pry them open through sheer force of will, but no dice. Sighing, he moved forward and briefly kissed Ashley on the cheek once softly before slumping his head backwards, almost literally out cold. The two former X-Men lay there, cuddled up together in Alistair's old chair and completely lost to the world.

Just the way he liked it.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"And so he appears," Grigori muttered to himself, watching as President Binder rolled up, quickly ushered into the building where he would deliver his speech by a veritable cocoon of black-suited, vest-wearing, gun-toting security personnel. He turned from the window, walking again through the halls, still pacing, waiting until he would make his way to the main conference hall, where the speech was to be given.

The President's approval ratings, among many members of the general populace, had been falling. From where he had been at nearly 62% before, now he only had but a slight bit more than third of that, and it was likely to fall yet further in time...This speech, hopefully, would be the last nail in his political coffin. He was a major opposition to Grigori's plans, and Yuri's as well.

Ah, yes, Yuri. The man he needed to call soon. Or, perhaps, make his way near where security would be watching every last person in the building from every last possible angle, for that was where Yuri was likely to be. One last glance outside the window - protestors of the President outnumbered his supporters, and all were trying to press up against the convention center, some trying to force themselves to the door, where they were still being held back. Grigori smiled, a momentary lapse in his customary stony expression.

All that was needed would come about in due time.

IC-Morrison:

A minute or so after Dallas had fallen asleep, he was awakened, again, by a paw thumping him on the cheek, soon morphing to that of a human hand. When his eyes cleared he would see a familiar form in front of him, with smoldering eyes that were uncommon in the fox-warrior's features.

"I heard it mentioned that the Phoenix has manifested again."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

NPC Cult of Marduk Spy (Conference hall)Off to the side of the conference hall, a man stood. Looking around at the general hubbub of the hall, he glanced around at the general commotion. Gazing out to the roaring crowd outside, he gave a weird expression; half grimace, half smirk. As the President's limosouine pulled up to the hall, he spoke into his earpiece: "The President is here. The convention is about to start." Putting a hand to the minuscule camera on his glasses, he turned it on, pretending to adjust his very thick framed "nerd" glasses.IC Asardin (???)Far far away from the hubbub of America, a man stood. Standing in a large, circular chamber, a crystal ball almost as large as the room lay before him. Whether it was magic or technology it was impossible to tell. The voice of a man, the spy, ran out and an image formed in the seeing stone. Images of the conference appeared in the orb, relaying the video footage of the spy's camera. Seeing the visages of the hall, a curious look filled Asardin's face. "This will be interesting," he spoke, his deep, booming voice echoing throguh the chamber.

IC (Yuri)

Yuri stalked through the hallway. The NYPD was late. The number of protesters outside the building was only growing and by all the gods that had or ever would exist, he was not going to have his soldiers leave their posts to disperse some screaming civilians. That wasn't their assignment. Their assignment was simple. Protect the president, protect the convention hall, make sure nothing happened and if something did happen then fill that something with enough bullets to put a few manufacturing companies out of buisness. Nonetheless, here he was, flanked by two marines, storming down the hallways. Someone was going to be deaf by the time he was done with the NYPD higher ups. For the moment however, there was situation outside that needed to be dealt with. Personally.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Lo and behold, as soon as I go to look for the man, the man comes near me," Grigori muttered, just loud enough for Yuri to hear him. He fell into step near unto the general, still looking out the windows every few steps. His smile tightened, for a moment, as he continued to watch.

"Relying on the local police department wasn't the best idea, my friend."

profiles i guess

IC (Yuri)

"Grigori?" Yuri shook his head, almost certain he was seeing things. The man remained. "I have not seen you since Saint Petersburg." Yuri paused, the last time he had seen Grigori things had gotten....interesting. In the chinese sense of the word. "Perhaps. I had assumed that they would be used to using overwhelming force on largely unarmed protesters at this point. They have had enough practice at it. Of that I am quite certain." There was an unspoken word hanging in the air.

What are you doing here?

IC-Grigori:

"No, that's not the problem. The problem is that the local police always take longer to muster up than does a well-paid security force, or a military contingent. And then the streets get completely packed, and they have no way in without having to literally mow down the people in their way." The Russian looked, again, out the window, then gestured to the red and blue lights flashing a few blocks away.

"My case in point. And if the police can't get in here as well, to help protect the President, then your security force is cut nearly by half. And when you only have something about 55% strength, then that really opens up the way for accidents to occur." One look towards the opening, and he and Yuri both could see the problems the security guards were having at the door, and deeper in the building, the President would likely be preparing his speech.

"I'm waiting for just one of those accidents, as are you, likely...though not in the same way as I am."

profiles i guess