IC: LibertyNoel smiled a little at Howard's praise as she sat on the floor, still in the suit. Her eyes watched the screen, her fist clenching as she caught a brief glimpse of some of the Hydra photos."Maybe..though I don't know anyone who would have had a relationship with him." She said the last bit to herself.

IC (Yuri)

"If the police had done their job in the first place and kept to those barrica-" Yuri suddenly sighed. It was no use. "I do not know why I expect competence in a world so bereft of it. I really do not." Yuri turned to one of the marines flanking him. "Inform Stevens. If the situation continues to escalate, the usage of tear gas is authorized." Protesting was one thing, accosting his soldiers was quite another. How had the protesters even gotten to the door? They'd had a perimeter established around the building. As the marine spoke into his radio with an increasingly irate second lieutenant, Yuri turned to face Grigori again. "If I find out you are responsible for this..."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC-Grigori:

"You should know by now, Yuri, that I do not encourage mass protest and rioting, and as such I would not start or aid this in any way," the black-suited man growled. "No, but I do have a feeling that something important will happen...something which will benefit the both of us, if you choose to take advantage of it." Walking along, he pulled out a small notepad, taking a quick look at what he wrote upon it, before showing it to Yuri.

"I'm sure you know as well as I do how the President's approval rates seem to be falling, quickly, and that this speech of his is going to be whatever makes or breaks it for him. And, of course, the general populace's anti-mutant tendencies. There, I have written down a short series of ideas as to what would serve my goals best should something happen to the President today...if nothing does, the opportunity will be needed elsewhere." He stopped, holding out a hand for Yuri to stop, for the moment, as well.

"I wonder if our goals would prove similar. Do you still think like you did back in St. Petersburg, general?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Yuri)

"A feeling Grigori? Or do you know something I do not?" Yuri was not your typical general in the United States Military, he had blackmailed his way to this position, had a past so hard to pin down that chasing after Carmen Sandiego would be easier...but still, he was not without loyalty. The president was a fool yes, but Yuri had been given orders to protect him. Orders he did intend to follow. All that said, things had not changed much since Saint Petersburg. "Perhaps."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Venom, Malus, Shaw

As we raised our spiked fist to deal another blow, something large and very heavy hit our head. We stumbled forward, momentarily dazed, but caught our footing and whirled around to seek our attacker.

For once in his life, Malus's maniacal grin faltered. His eyelid twitched, and for a moment, his breathing halted. Then, like a jackknife snapping shut, he doubled over and fell to the ground. A dismayed Sebastian Shaw looked him over, then turned back to Ben.

"Get us back to the mansion," he demanded. "now!"

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC-Grigori:

"It is merely a feeling, Yuri, nothing more," the urbane Trotskyist replied, waving away his friend's 'fears.' He started them walking along, again, so that nobody would think too oddly of their conversation.

"And I know how devoted you are to your task at hand, which is good. I just want you to remember: if you fail, and the President dies, seek me out. We can achieve my goals once and for all...goals which likely would coincide with yours, to a great extent."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Dante

Um well then, this is awkward, Dante thought as he rubbed the back of his head. In the last few minutes he'd just been roped into the home of a guy he'd met just a few hours ago, said home had then been bombarded by new people, emotions had run wild, and he was just sort of left standing there. There really wasn't a way he could help any of them, it's not like he knew them well.

And that was just the immediate problem, they also had to worry about the Phoenix Force having come back. The last time had been horrible, everyone that Dante had ever idolized, ever wanted to be like, had been wiped off the face of the Earth. That's not to say he was alive at the time, but the legends had been handed down, but alas they had all been killed by that one force of nature. There had been no one to beat some sense into Jean, wake her up and reveal that she was hurting her friends, or rather no one seemed to have tried hard enough.

And that's why I'm always labeled as too idealistic, but hey someone's gotta try right? This world is ###### enough as it is. Some one should try and keep it from getting ######. "Hey uh Neighbor, you wanted to talk to me about something, can we hurry up and get it done with?" I really, really need that nap.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:Alistair glanced up from his reading. He hadn't quite noticed Dante enter the room, but he wasn't all that surprised. He hadn't exactly been paying much attention to the world around him for the past few minutes."Yes. Correct me if I am wrong," His expression didn't change, but his gaze seemed to sharpen. "But your papers from before indicate that you are, despite how unusual it is, a magic user.""And an amateur at that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

My luck stinks, the one person who picks up my papers actually understands them, you're kidding me.

"Uh yeah, it's not something I like to brag about though, still can't get the only rabbit out of the hat, and only a few card tricks. Really just an amateur magician." There's no way he's buying this. "So, wanna see a card trick? I can't guarantee it'll be any good though." Dante asked, his brain working overtime to figure a way out of this mess.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:"Normally I wouldn't be this blunt, and for that I apologize, but how stupid do you think I am?" Alistair closed his book without looking at it again, and set it on the table. "If I've already surmised this much from a few sheets of paper, it should be quite obvious that I'm not going to fall for a few diversionary comments."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Still waiting on a second approval for Stefan. :3 IC - Brotherhood NPCs: #WakeNOW had been trending on Twitter, with spontaneous protests erupting at legislatures and city halls across the country, a web of outrage with New York as its epicenter. A tall, fit man, clad in plaid, watched the President step out from his limousine, surrounded by a small army of secret service agents. The man was standing in the midst of the mob, black-framed glasses accenting his piercing blue eyes. "A mere figurehead, a sovereign already dead to the eyes of his serfs." He inhaled deeply. "I can almost smell the decomposition."Supremacy was a veritable ubermensch, an all-American son. His mutation wasn't immediately visible, at least not until one saw him lift a semi over his head, fly over a skyscraper, or take a bullet to his forehead without flinching. The dark-haired man reached into the pockets of his military green jacket. "You guys ever think about what it'd be like if we were born earlier? Like, if only I was born a couple millennia sooner. People probably would have worshipped me as a god, instead of a freak of evolution." He rubbed a handful of ball bearings, nails and pebbles in his hand, an uncommon blend of projectiles amongst the thick crowd of protestors. He smiled to himself. "Can you guys imagine it? A huge stone temple, giant statues of me, and a hot priestess or two."Spider's voice echoed in his mind, a twinge of mockery colouring her tone. "As if that'd happen. They probably used flying bricks like you to build the freaking pyramids." The large crowd had formed a semi-organic rhythm to their volleys of stones and debris. Supremacy watched the President disappear behind the doors of the convention hall, before his grin grew a little wider.He stretched his arm, thinking back to the days before he realized his true abilities, days spent playing football, baseball and basketball with his teammates. Before the second semester of freshman year, before he realized that he was a god, and other humans were so many termites underneath his feet.Supremacy surveyed the mob that was packed around him, a smug smile smeared across his face. "Termites devouring the foundation of their own house." He timed his throw with the next volley. The mutant moved his arm in a lazy arc, releasing a small handful of pebbles and ball bearings. The projectiles shot through the air, pinging off the plating of an armoured car. A male marine standing next to a surly-looking woman fell down, blood spurting from a wound that suddenly opened up between his eyes. The mutant was passed a placard from another protester, raising it up. He chuckled to himself. With the sheer number of protesters there, the myriad number of projectiles in the sky, and the tiny size of the ball bearing, it would require a mutant with super-enhanced vision to single him out from the crowd of other angry protesters.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC:"Feel free. I'm going to have a hard enough time working with the two pacifists in the next room, let alone adding an amateurish mage into the mix." Alistair leaned back in his chair, watching the other teenager start to leave. His gaze seemed cold, but behind it it hid a barely restrained worry. A sense of indecision."Then again, what would we even be working for? The Phoenix isn't a creature to be trifled with. There's probably nothing to be done. But I have a feeling that those two next door are going to do something rash. And I would be remiss if I allowed them to come to harm, when there was something I could have done."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Right, those two are going to get themselves hurt, gah, why am I always thrown into predicaments like this one. Dante turned around, "You know, I really don't buy into that bull, as was evidenced by that video, the person broke free of the Phoenix, hence there's gotta be a way to help. The Phoenix isn't a God, so I mean there's gotta be a way."

Dante shook his head, this is completely and utterly stupid, but... "Ugh, look, what is it you want. I'll help if it means saving others, or anything ridiculous like that. Also for the record, I'm not that much of an amateur."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: CHAOS.

IC (Military)

2nd Lieutenant Stevens was fairly certain she was going to develop a heart condition. "So you mean to tell me that the police managed to get themselves trapped. By protesters. Who they were supposed to contain. Who they were equipped to contain." Her voice was calm, level, but the professional disdain held within it was coming through quite clearly. Was a little basic competence too much to ask for now and again? "Never mind. Johnson, I want you t-" She was cut off as yet another volley of stones rained down upon them, clattering harmlessly against the walls of the building for the most part. Shrugging it off, she returned her gaze to Johnson...only to see the young private on the ground, twitching as blood spewed from a young between his eyes. "****! Corpsmen!" She kneeled down next to the stricken marine, trying to stop the bleeding.

It didn't look good. If the projectile had broken bone, the young marine was already dead. His body just hadn't gotten the message yet. "Don't you dare die on me...." Johnson had been a good sort. Quiet. Competent. The ideal assistant. Suddenly a hand shook her should. She looked up to see the requested corpsmen.

"I'll take it from here LT." His voice was calm and level, a stark contrast to the chaos that was consuming the streets. Nodding, Stevens rose to her feet. Johnson's fate was out of her hands now. It was becoming quite clear that the rank and file NYPD were utterly incapable of handling this situation. She keyed her her helm-com again.

"Contact SWAT. I want these streets clear. I don't care how many heads they have to break to get here. Anythings better then a riot." She raised her gasmask to her face. All security teams had been equipped with them. Just in case. She motioned to another marine. "Deploy countermeasures. We're clearing the area."

Moments later, metal objects flew from the marines lines to the edge of the crowd. Tear gas had been authorized....and it had been deployed. The front of the crowd rapidly became obscured as the wall of gas went up. Then the marines activate the large fans that been placed about the building just for this occasion. Sending the cloud of tear gas flying directly at the crowd.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:"Perhaps there is a way. If there is, I'll take it. But at the end of the day, if the choice comes down to allowing the Phoenix's host to go free or end the threat, there is only one possible decision. Jean Grey herself resisted the Phoenix for a time, before it consumed her. I've no doubt that the same is happening here, and that the same will ultimately occur if it is not stopped.""As for what I want... I want nothing from you. I brought you here to determine if my suspicions were correct, as they clearly are. What you do is your choice." The British teenager paused for a moment."But if a more direct question is what you desire, I have one. What exactly are you capabilities?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dante "See now, that's a complicated questions. In a way they're almost infinite, but it really depends on how much I'm willing to give up." Wait, why am I the only one answering questions, Dante soon realized, "I've got a question for you, what exactly do you do? Obviously you know a lot about History and what not, you made a car fly between two opponents earlier on, and you're well informed, so I mean um what's up with you?" Dante then paused for a moment, before glancing around the house. "Also about what you said about Jean and the Phoenix, if our choices keeping coming down to choosing between the lesser of two evils. Then eventually, the world will be plunged into complete darkness, and I don't know about you, but I don't intend to wait for that to happen."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:"The world is already all but consumed by darkness. The average citizen treated a group of child soldiers as heroes. In fact, the fact that someone left because they couldn't handle the emotional impact of fighting," Alistair's eyes briefly wandered to the teapot on the counter, pausing in his line of thought. "Could be considered unusual provides a very disturbing insight into the mindset of today's "heroes".""As for what I am," A humorless smile tugged at the corner's of his mouth. "I think the thunderbird summed it up quite well. I am a historian."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Dante decided not to respond to the "historian's" first comment, he wasn't in the mood for a debate of any kind. "I think we both know that you're more than just an average historian, a normal historian wouldn't figure out that I have the ability to use magic from the papers you found," Dante shook his head, chuckling, "Y'know, I never was a fan of the cryptic type. So please just be straight with me, I'm being straight with you aren't I?"

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:Alistair was quiet a moment, pondering how best to respond to the question. As much as he would prefer not to elaborate, Dante had a point. If he was going to have to work with these people, it did not do to foster ill will amongst them. One hand moved to the floor next to his chair, just out of Dante's line of sight, grabbing an unseen object, and laying it on the table."O Caledfwlch. I bid thee reveal yourself."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"You're kidding right, there's no way that you have..." Dante was at a loss for words, after all he knew what Caledfwich was, he did study quite heavily in Arthurian Legend for the magic aspect, Merlin was arguably the most well known wizard. You've gotta be flipping kidding me.

"You use freaking Excalibur."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:Alistair sat back in his chair, watching as whatever power hid the blade from prying eyes ceased. Lying on the table was a long, straight sword, with a gold colored guard. It was more plain than most legends described it, lacking some of the more distinctive features of legend. Its sheath was blue in color, a deep blue highlighted by gold detailing. Though not nearly as imposing as some believed it to have been, it radiated power, a quiet force. After a few moments, it faded from view.

"I think that will suffice as an answer to your question."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Of course not," Jenna smiled warmly. "Brooklyn, honey, you want to show Rebekah your room? It takes up most of the third floor, so I'm sure we can make something up for you, sweetie."

The way she said sweetie was distinctly reminiscent of the way Brooklyn did, and the younger Carlisle took Rebekah by the forearm and led her up to her room, over a couple flights of stairs and through a large white door that led into a deep purple room that did indeed take up much of the third floor: guitars and a large keyboard were nestled against one wall, along with a couple musician and actor autographs and pictures with Brooklyn as a young child. A television, with a picture of Brooklyn and her mom from just a month or so ago was on top; they were smiling and hugging, looking oddly alike, though Alaric's features were visible in the beautiful faces of both. Across from the TV was a bed, and above it was the room's main decoration: it was a large painting, oil on canvas, of Brooklyn, hugging Rebekah from behind while the other mutant played guitar with a small, serene smile on her face. They were on the steps of the X-Manor, painted exquisitely; from the shade of violet that was Rebekah's eyes to the skin tones, pale and tanned, of both girls, to the guitar itself, every inch looked lifelike and rich, as though it were a giant landscape photograph. In the bottom right corner, the initials "B-PC" were scribbled in somewhat sloppy cursive, and below it, on a brass plaque on the frame, the words "Why I Fight" were written out in the same scribble.

"It's not much. No prom pictures, no high school yearbook stuff, because, uh...I didn't really get to experience any of that stuff," Brooklyn said, looking down and trying to smile somewhat awkwardly, her voice little more than a faux-chipper mumble; realizing how she sounded, she tried to chuckle as she attempted to weave a silver lining into the explanation. "But...it's my room!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Beast

Hank charged forward as he began pummeling a large android with his fists. The android slashed at him with a blade before the massive mutant grabbed its arm a then pulled, tearing its arm clean off. Wires and electricity burst from the empty socket as the machine shuddered. Grinning Hank whirled the arm around before impaling the robot through the chest.

“Have you now my dear?” Beast said as he turned to Francesca. It almost seemed like Hank was enjoying himself.

“I feel alive!” he said as he grabbed a robot and threw it into the nearest wall.

IC: Nicole

Nicole’s eyes hardened as red energy swirled around her hands. She then lashed out with a whip of crimson, the scarlet energy slashing at one of the dead husks.

IC: Feral, Matt

“What do you mean he’s gone after Ash?” John said as fury twisted his fingers. When she didn’t pick up on Alec’s call John began to get worried.

“We have to find her, we can’t leave her here! Alaric you can’t leave her behind.”

“There’s no way to find her John, she left. It was her decision. We can only hope that Warren didn’t find her.”

IC:

For reasons unknown, Rebekah’s mind never analyzed anything in broad strokes. Most people took a look at the big pieces, trying to fit them together before they looked at the small. But life, in her experience, didn’t work that way. Things didn’t break into big, clean pieces. They shattered, unable to be put back together unless everything was just right. And the pieces rarely fit, because the smaller fragments needed to be fixed first.

Which was why, upon entering, the first thing she looked at wasn’t the furniture. It wasn’t the pictures, or the portrait. The first thing she saw was the dust.

All homes accumulated it, on every imaginable surface. It was the eternal chore of the home cleaner, working to wipe away all the dust. But it always accumulated most where no one tread, where no one ever touched. The longer they were left alone, the more dust there was. And hidden in the nooks and crannies, it was present. It was the dust of a room that had lain untouched for years, carefully maintained, and yet never altered. It was, it seemed to her, the dust of untold sorrow.

The pictures, as her gaze zoomed out just a bit, were much the same. Memories caught in time, striding forward through the years until they simply stopped, and jolted ahead to the present. The room was caught in the past, slowly modernizing to fit the Brooklyn that had returned. And after a moment, the portrait upon the wall caught her eye.

It had all the accuracy of a photo, carefully painted from memory. It struck her at that moment how accurate it was, not just in appearance, but in its very nature. The broad grin on Brooklyn’s face, just a little amused, as if she’d managed to sneak up on her friend. The small, quiet smile on her own face, as if she were afraid to let herself seem too happy. The painting wasn’t exaggerated, it wasn’t stylized. It didn’t go out of its way to create an ideal picture. It was an honest reflection of reality, as things really were. But even that wasn’t what struck home. After spending a little over a minute studying it, taking in every detail, she saw the words engraved on the brass plate beneath it.

Even if she’d tried, she wouldn’t be able to find words to describe exactly what her feelings were at that point. She felt confused. Bewildered, as she was every time emotions or behavior went outside of her realm of understanding, but it was accompanied by a warm feeling. She felt... Accepted. Much later she would dwell upon the moment, and realize that was the word she was looking for. She had been accepted for who she was, and not just that, she had been embraced for it.The darkhaired teen snapped back to the realm of reality when Brooklyn began to speak, and she hurriedly tried to tag a few cheerful words on the end to hide the momentary melancholy that had been revealed.

She smiled, a small smile, not unlike the one her likeness wore a few feet away, and she pulled Brooklyn into a hug.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't have noticed that there weren't any if you hadn't mentioned it." After a moment, she let go, and looked back to the portrait."You're a really good artist, by the way. Like, really good."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Well its just, before all this happened, I thought I saw the lights flicker, so I thought it might be something with the power," Francesca suggested, believing this to be a suitable cover for what had really happened because of her and Warren, "I thought maybe if Sarah borrowed my power for a bit she and me could get you down there to fix things."

She noticed the wreckage of various robots start to get absorbed back into the steely walls of the Danger Mansion, being reduced to code and recycled for what the computer believed to be the next round. They'd be back and they'd be better.

"Er, you guys might need to stay here and watch our backs."

IC: "Indeed." Song checked her watch, "I suggest we move. We have preparations to make if we are to successfully control and impersonate one of the X-Men."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Dallas's eyes tightened and he tucked back farther into the sofa; Ashley, noticing that something had moved, snuggled up in her sleep, cuddling closer to Dallas and laying her head into the cook of his ribcage softly. Both mutants kept sleeping.

IC:

"Thanks. That, uh...means a lot. Like...a lot lot. Lots, even."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Well, it's true. For a minute, I thought you might have propped me up in my sleep and taken a picture." Rebekah smiled, and brushed her hair back over her shoulder. "And you have a rocking, no pun intended, guitar collection."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Yeah, it was."

Rebekah looked up curiously to meet Brooklyn's gaze, which was now somewhat firmer, less uncertain. Her eyes were powerful, and they spoke waves about how she felt about the other girl as they went through the motions of their own little staring contest.

"What?" Rebekah asked quietly.

"The pun. It was intended, otherwise you wouldn't have said it wasn't intended. You wouldn't even have noticed it was a pun if it wasn't."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Okay, maybe it was." The former Weapon conceded, smile widening a notch. "It's still a great group of them. And with regards to the color of the room, I approve."

"So do you have a couch or something for me to camp out on? Or should I check my supplies for a sleeping bag?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Howard - Stark Tower -

"Well, according to our history books Nikola Tesla didn't have any relationships, at least that we know of..." The computer screen froze on a picture, it was blurred and hard to make out, but in the black and white photo there appeared to be someone who's appearance very much fit the character who had been in the arc reactor room. "That man who stole information on my father's arc reactor could very well be a direct descendant of Nikola Telsa, at the very least it's possible."

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"...Err...I have a cot..."

Brooklyn looked up bashfully at Rebekah and then shook her head forcefully, with surprising resolve for a girl who didn't look like she had that much physical strength. Her hair shook, landing softly over her shoulder as her gaze squared on the other mutant again.

"I'll take the cot," she said with the natural assurance of a leader. "Alaric's told me all about the room you used to sleep in, I want you to take the bed..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"And my old sleeping habits are exactly why I should take the cot." She shot back, her smile gaining an edge of persistence. "Brook, I used to willingly sleep on the floor under my window. I'm more used to less comfortable positions.""And, I'm the guest. Which means what I say goes."

fK5oqYf.jpg