• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

[Update 9/20] Disguised Great Being Revealed!

Disguised Great Being The Yesterday Quest Greg Farshtey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
405 replies to this topic

#161 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 05:38 PM

Holy Mata Nui... I'm so glad GregF is alive and trying to contact us Bionicle fans. The disturbing silence over the past -almost a year or so now- when no new serials were coming was a shuddering thought. I'm glad I guessed it right.

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#162 Offline I Exist

I Exist
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 05:53 PM

Fine!

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

#163 Offline Ville Valo

Ville Valo
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 1 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 06:25 PM

Great, but means this that Greg will update another chapter of TYQ soon or what?Erebus seemed to know more but didn't said all that he knows.

#164 Offline Magnetic Vorahk

Magnetic Vorahk
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 287 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 07:26 PM

Spoiler

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

And now; our long, long wait is finally over.

#165 Offline Tehurye

Tehurye
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 202 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't think Greg has the authority to end the story. One, Lego left the story going so that they could possibly revive it in the future (there have been several reasons that both BZPers and Greg have speculated as to why this may be). Two, Greg is not allowed to reveal the "true nature of the Great Beings" so he's not just going to reveal everything now. That lends itself to the probability that Lego doesn't want to give Bionicle up, IMO.

Spoiler
Let's Keep Bionicle Alive,Lewa Krom

Quite frankly, it's not Lego's decision. Lego is the one without rights. It's Greg's story, and especially because Lego has given up on the merchandise line, the ball is entirely in Greg's court now. If anyone continues it, it will be Greg.We can hope...

So with secret divulged, will we actually get anymore? Because if he has no power and time to write serials, he should really just reveal who the killer is and more because waiting that long for an answer is ridiculous. End the story so people like me can continue it in their own way.

This. I hope that he will just name the Murderer and maybe give a short synopsis of what was planned. I think then that BIONICLE, for me at least, can finally feel like it has definitive closure. This was a huge step though.-Star

I agree -- but preferably only if Greg seriously thinks he won't have time to finish the unfinished stories. I think it's quite possible he'll find the time. :)

I don't think it would be complete without a closure to the two current serials. There are too many loose ends, not just the "Murderer" mystery. What about the Toa Mahri? The last we heard of them they were walking off following some golden being. And what about some other characters (sadly, I forget which Toa they are) and Gaardus who have found MAVRAH of all beings, inside the Red Star? No, the story needs more completion for a final closure.We just have to have patience, and give Greg the time he needs. He's a human, and his purpose in life isn't to serve us. Not that I am accusing anyone of believing that, but the point needs to be made.Waiting is hard, but I believe that it's worth it.

- From the Office/Lair of Tehurye: The Talkative Scholar

mca.png

#166 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,244 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 07:44 PM

Spoiler

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#167 Offline Aldian

Aldian
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 716 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 07:44 PM

I hope that he will just name the Murderer and maybe give a short synopsis of what was planned.

I've actually theorized the murderer to be Iruini.
Spoiler

Edited by Aldian, Aug 28 2012 - 07:53 PM.

I have lots of Bionicle sets for sale. http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=6798

#168 Offline Kaymac

Kaymac
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,696 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 07:55 PM

I have always wondered who the rights to Bionicle belong to now that the storyline has ended. Does Lego still have copyrights on the name Bionicle? If Greg was to license High Moon Studios, etc. to make a Bionicle game, would there be any legality issues with this? Who knows.Anyways, as for the identity of this character:
Spoiler

#169 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,875 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 08:00 PM

For the record, I hope this doesn't give anybody false hope as to the return of Greg or BIONICLE or whatever. Greg was nice enough to take some time out of his very busy schedule and provide us with some answers. Maybe we'll get some more in the future, maybe not, but the continuation of the serials has roughly the same probability of occurrence as the world ending in a few months.

Posted Image

#170 Offline Cobui

Cobui
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 08:19 PM

Spoiler
This announcement is pretty much the last thing I expected, but it's still one more step towards closure - of any kind.

Edited by Cobui, Aug 28 2012 - 08:20 PM.

fjRqLk4.jpg

#171 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 19,070 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 08:30 PM

I have always wondered who the rights to Bionicle belong to now that the storyline has ended. Does Lego still have copyrights on the name Bionicle?

They did; I dunno how long the time period is for this sort of thing, but pretty sure they still do.However, Greg licensing a game or the like would be a whole 'nother matter, and isn't gonna happen.
Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 28 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#172 Offline Tanu Toa of Earth

Tanu Toa of Earth
  • Members
  • Toa

• 148 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 08:33 PM

It's given most people a "false" sense of hope, Axel. This is BZPower, learn to deal with it. I'm not the smartest person regarding this kind of thing, so I'm not going to bother with my reply as to whether the hopes are really false or not, but.... nearly everyone searches around for some hope to hold on to regarding BIONICLE, and I've learned to expect it by now.
Posted Image

#173 Offline Rampant

Rampant
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 68 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 08:40 PM

It fits. I never would have guessed him, but it fits.

Wyrd byð swyðost

#174 Offline Toa TAK

Toa TAK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,800 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 08:46 PM

This just made my day. I love who it is. Just fits for me, considering how he acted. :happydance:TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

#175 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 772 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 09:20 PM

I actually logged in! And was stupid enough to spoil this for myself! Kind of disappointed in my poor decision making now.I am not disappointed, however, in this decision. Not super-awesomely thrilled, but it's certainly not a bad choice. Mysterious character.QUICK EDIT: The Great Being is the murderer, correct? If so... woah...

Edited by Ghoti, Aug 28 2012 - 09:21 PM.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#176 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,875 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 09:25 PM

I actually logged in! And was stupid enough to spoil this for myself! Kind of disappointed in my poor decision making now.I am not disappointed, however, in this decision. Not super-awesomely thrilled, but it's certainly not a bad choice. Mysterious character.QUICK EDIT: The Great Being is the murderer, correct? If so... woah...

We don't know if the GB is actually the murderer or not, unfortunately. Heavily implied, and would make a lot of sense, but unconfirmed.

Posted Image

#177 Offline Nuparu1995

Nuparu1995
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,300 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sweet! I do remember people guessing this when the issue came up. Now I can't wait to see the new chapter! :)
Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Posted Image

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

#178 Offline SonicBOOM XS

SonicBOOM XS
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 1,969 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 09:54 PM

Is this a hint for what's to come? C'mon Greg, 2 years now. Hopefully we'll get something soon :D
Spoiler

Undergoing Renovations...

#179 Offline bleedingshadows94

bleedingshadows94
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 96 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 10:00 PM

I am happy to find out that I, as well as several other people, were correct in guessing this. It was a long, hard debate, but we finally got our answer. Thank you for all of this, Erebus!~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

#180 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,575 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 10:08 PM

Wow. Personally, I wanted it to be

Spoiler
for a number of reasons.

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 28 2012 - 10:28 PM.
Spoiler tags are your friends. :) -bones

sands_banner.jpg

#181 Offline Kaymac

Kaymac
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,696 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 10:09 PM

I have always wondered who the rights to Bionicle belong to now that the storyline has ended. Does Lego still have copyrights on the name Bionicle?

They did; I dunno how long the time period is for this sort of thing, but pretty sure they still do.However, Greg licensing a game or the like would be a whole 'nother matter, and isn't gonna happen.

I understand. It was merely an example of one of the many ways the Bionicle franchise could be revived.
Spoiler

#182 Offline Disciple

Disciple
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,600 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 10:16 PM

An interesting development! Just hope these serials get written someday. I'd really like to see the part where the good guys discover this GB's true identity, and how they would react. :)

#183 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 19,070 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 10:34 PM

Spoiler

#184 Offline Cian Toa of Rage

Cian Toa of Rage
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 5 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 11:03 PM

I feel like a newby derp, but how'd u use spoiler tags?

#185 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,427 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 11:05 PM

Well, what is GregF doing right now that prevents him from going back to the serials? We've been waiting for the resolutions to these loose ends for over a year now; we want some closure

Antidermis: 50% pit mutagen, 50% questionable Ga-Koro water. We now know the secrets of Makuta's servants.

#186 Offline farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,947 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well, what is GregF doing right now that prevents him from going back to the serials? We've been waiting for the resolutions to these loose ends for over a year now; we want some closure

He's working full-time on Ninjago, as far as we know. He writes the novels, and graphic novels, is still the editor of the LEGO Club Magazine, and that's without mentioning that he's a father now. He's also writing the upcoming HF novel(s), so that too. He has more important things to do. Bionicle is low priority.

Edited by undyingUmbrage, Aug 28 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#187 Offline Rahkshi Lalonde

Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 764 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 11:14 PM

Spoiler
but all that aside, I am indeed shocked.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.gif

^links to my topics^

#188 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,270 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 11:35 PM

I feel like a newby derp, but how'd u use spoiler tags?

Like such:
[spoiler]Put your spoilers here[/spoiler]

sdadcomedy.png

#189 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 861 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 12:00 AM

Spoiler

#190 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 12:43 AM

While this is kinda a cool revelation, I gotta agree (at least partially) with Tilius's first point on this one -- I really wish it would've been revealed as a story, and not just like this; as it is it seems slightly pointless. But again, it'll be cool to be able to use this information in fanfics and see what other people create based on this information.It's just a question of "why now?" and "why like this?" I mean, I'm glad it was revealed (though probably not nearly as glad as most people who are, as I was never the biggest fan of Bara Magna anyway so didn't even remember the GB mentioned), as it'll be cool to see what other people do with it. I just wish that Greg would've done something with it in his revelation. But you can't please everyone. Thanks for doing this, Erebus, and Greg for the information. Posted Image

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

#191 Offline GallifreyanOrigin

GallifreyanOrigin
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 302 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 01:32 AM

I myself am very pleased with this reveal, but I am even more pleased to receive an update after so long. As Bonesiii said, I guess patience does pay off sometimes. Personally, I hope this isn't the last update we get and I really hope that the story can continue, but for now I'll just enjoy this little bit of information. :DAlso, I strongly support the request to thank Greg for this. :)

Edited by XyzTheDay!, Aug 29 2012 - 01:32 AM.

| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

#192 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 03:19 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.
She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#193 Offline Takua Nui

Takua Nui
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 04:24 AM

Spoiler
Ah forget it. What I'm trying to say is that I suspected as much.

#194 Offline .:Yio:.

.:Yio:.
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 648 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 05:23 AM

Well it feels great to some actual BIONICLE news for a long time! I was thinking, considering Greg probably won't be doing anything for BIONICLE "for the forseeable future" (see what I did there?) I honestly would like him to provide BZPower summary of everything that had been planned in the story; living in a cliffhanger for the past year where Mavrah is still alive is annoying. Anyone else think so?

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

#195 Offline Tehurye

Tehurye
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 202 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 06:44 AM

Well it feels great to some actual BIONICLE news for a long time! I was thinking, considering Greg probably won't be doing anything for BIONICLE "for the forseeable future" (see what I did there?) I honestly would like him to provide BZPower summary of everything that had been planned in the story; living in a cliffhanger for the past year where Mavrah is still alive is annoying. Anyone else think so?

I agree, and however long it takes, I don't think he will forget about us or never, never have time to write more. It'll come someday, and it's just cynical to depress ourselves and say "Oh! Greg's given us this little bit of information after over a year of inactivity! I guess that means we can't hope for any more, ever. It's just not going to happen, so get your hopes down, peoples." http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/tounge2.gifIt bugs me when people say stuff like that, because there's no point to it. It's realistic to recognize that Greg can't do a lot. But it's not realistic to say that Bionicle is dead forever and we might as well give up hope. Plus, where's the fun in that idea? Evidence points to more content from Greg in the future. It's a lot more cheerful (and exciting!) if we hope for more, and just sit back, be patient, and let Greg do his job in his own good time.

- From the Office/Lair of Tehurye: The Talkative Scholar

mca.png

#196 Offline giantevilrobot

giantevilrobot
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 08:06 AM

Finally we know! Although does this mean the story will continue for a bit because it's been a long time

#197 Offline rollabar

rollabar
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 08:52 AM

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 29 2012 - 09:42 AM.
BE the spoiler tag! -bones

#198 Offline an0nym0s

an0nym0s
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 12 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 08:56 AM

OMG....Un.be.lievable.

#199 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 09:11 AM

Spoiler

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#200 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,002 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2012 - 09:33 AM

That's pretty cool. I suspected it, but it's great to finally have confirmation.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users