BZPower Forums Return

BZPower's forums will be back online shortly. Unfortunately, this attack was not without its casualties. If you joined the site within the past month, your account has been deleted and was not in our most recent backup. Please register again - I will be monitoring all registrations and approving them as fast as I can. If your account is not approved within 24 hours, email me and I'll be sure to get to it. Additionally, if you had set up your profile to have a default font or color, those settings were lost as well. Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this downtime and we're glad to be back!

View the full article

Yo BZPower.com administration. I have a problem. I changed my username to "PrettySoldierSailorScout" a few days before the punk fool "Hack" or whatever it was (I'm just gonna call it the "Cornelius Hackl"). But NOW, it's back to the name I had before I changed it. I went to go change it again, but it's still counting my name change as "used." This is making me really sad, and I'm crying into a Manhattan as we speak. I had to wait so long to change it in the first place. What must I do to get this great username back. If I have to undertake any series of Herculean labours, such as rescuing the president from ninjas, reassembling the silver monkey, or cleaning my girlfriend's bedroom, I will do them. Please just let me know. Anything but waiting another greuling 45 days. I beg of you. Have mercy on a wretched sad soul. Thank u and god bless BZPower

tumblr_m8255pu6vY1ry0is1o1_400.gif

drapeaux-canada-33.gif

wb2.gif

bring back "an cool dude"

Dear, BZP

I just was so angry that I had lost all my proto and post count and name change that I smashed up a lot of things in my house before turning the shower on to max heat and crying in it for hours. Please fix it or I dont think I could possible go on. Proto is all I have and I need it so very, very much.

From Love Sam

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Gah, I... don't feel safe anymore! What if the terrorist who attacked laced the site with a virus or something?!

He wouldn't have. He has no interest in affecting the greater community, nor does he have interest in the personal information of the greater community. His sole intention of doing this is to provoke and blackmail the staff.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Gah, I... don't feel safe anymore! What if the terrorist who attacked laced the site with a virus or something?!

He wouldn't have. He has no interest in affecting the greater community, nor does he have interest in the personal information of the greater community. His sole intention of doing this is to provoke and blackmail the staff.

OH YES! This guy is such a fighter for the people. Bringing down a site that me and many other people are loyal to and even pay money to. This guy sure is a bad man!!!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Houston, we have a problem! Every time I click on a story on the front page, it displays a message saying "you are not authorized to view this page"

There is an issue in the Tracker for this: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=145

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Yay it's back.And we don't appear to have lost a month of posts.

Yes we have. All of our post counts were reverted to the number we were at when the backup was made, being the start of February.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Yes it's finally back. I understand the deleting accounts issue( I wasn't too happy about it, cause I joined in January). However, I went on today, and my old account was back, but under the name of "Aiyetoro the Onu-Matoran". What's going on, and can you please fix this? See link here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showuser=110600.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

I seriously wonder why people want to hack BZP, of all places. It's rather annoying, but hey, I didn't loose much, or anything, other than posts.
I seriously wonder why people want to hack anything at all. If it's for "fun", it's not for those people who use the system daily. Especially BZPower. Over 40,000 people are on this site (though only like an eighth are actually using it), but it still caused damage. Hacking is illegal, and hours are spent repairing the damage done. Still, a HUGE thanks to all the admins (and others, if I missed you) for bringing the site back.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Meiko" data-cid="504858" data-time="1361140290"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Rarity" data-cid="504845" data-time="1361138839"><p>Yay it's back.<br /><br />And we don't appear to have lost a month of posts.</p></blockquote>Yes we have. All of our post counts were reverted to the number we were at when the backup was made, being the start of February.</p></blockquote>Oh geez. I didn't notice that. I was only looking at topics.

In any event, good to see things are back up and running with a minimum of damage. Hopefully any account issues can get sorted out quick enough. :)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Hey, I don't know if anybody knows this or not, but the topics in the archives are down. (I kinda felt like I was in Metru Nui when I said that; that makes me feel so cool!) It still comes up with everything else, but all the topics I've tried come up with an error screen.

Yeah, I think Black Six said that it's a known issue, but the main forums have a higher priority right now.

Which actually kinda makes sense, and usually you can use Google's cache to access those pages anyway. (try searching for 'cache:http://bzpower.com/forum/WhateverCameAfterThat', without the quotations)

iquXD5X.png