How did you picture them?

gunconvoy

Go a head and let me know if this topic was done before.

So, when you read the books from the bionicle series, how would you picture the characters.

For instance when i read Time Trap, i pictured Vakama and Co. as they appeared in the movies. As for the ones who were not in the movie, i tried my best to picture them in movie format from the first 3 films.

So what did you guys picture?

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

Interesting question. I also picture them in a combination of movie and set form. Kind of like those old Hagah renders by someone around here, maybe 00dude00, I forget.For the Bara Magna characters, however, who are more organic, it's... hard to explain that.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I always imagined them in set form. As for beings that don't have sets, I imagined(as an example) the Gold-Skinned Being looking kind of like Irnakk, except with a golden Zaktan head/spine. Or Lariska I imagined to look similar to a Vortixx, with a completely grey/silver arm, to show it's completely robotic. As for Teridax after he absorbed Nidhiki, Krekka and Nivawk, instead of imagining him in set or movie form, I had this image of an extremely upgraded version of the Titan set. So imagining that scene in Time Trap where Teridax is chasing Vakama, in my mind, was epic.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

Or Lariska I imagined to look similar to a Vortixx, with a completely grey/silver arm, to show it's completely robotic.....

That's how I thought Lariska to look.I always imagine them robotic, but with fleshy parts. IT's hard to explain.The characters that had no sets or canon images I just didn't imagine.

WIP

Why, is it natural for people to hunk that Lariska looks like a Vortixx?('cause I think that too)Anyway, I think of the Gold Skinned Being as some hybrid between Brutaka and Irnakk. As for the "unknown" Toa, Helryx as a random Toa of water, Tuyet the same. I've also thought of the GBs. I just think of them as a powerful, humanlike species.

I usually picture them as mostly setlike, but with some liberties taken to account for specific actions - kind of TLR-style. For non-set characters I just sort of used my imagination as a rough guess of what they looked like, but usually they took after some common household form. (For instance, I always envisioned TSO's pet scribe as looking like a rotten banana skin.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I used to imagine them in movie style, but recently... well, this may sound odd, but recently I reread the books, and I found myself much more prone to imagining them them as humans, only with a bion-mechanical twist to their appearance; just enough so that they resemble their set versions. I think it just makes it easier for me to empathise with the characters, to think of them as humans rather than part-robot sort of beings that the sets always appeared to be ^^"

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I wouldn't imagine them in set form but in movie form because the movie form is much more canon than set form.

No, actually... sets take priority over movies in terms of canon protrayal. ;)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I usually imagined them in set-form, except for some of the characters who were in the movies. I imagine them in movie form.

I don’t know why, but I always imagined Artakah looking like Brutaka. :P

I imagine Karzahni as he was depicted in "Bionicle: World". That was an awesome picture.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

• 2 weeks later...

Movie form. Lariska I just picture as plain awesomeness in a vaguely-Vortixx manner, since we aren't told as to what species she is and for all we know, she could be from a female-only species which would be pretty cool.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I picture them as being similar to their movie forms, although I didn't like the fleshy masks. The base of most masks would have a completelycutout section for the mouths, except for some like the Kaukau.

Lariska, I imagine, is Toa-sized and roughly Toa-shaped, extremely lithe and streamlined, but with a rough, battle worn look to her armour. And, for some reason, she has a bunch of short, backwards-facing antennae-type structures framing her face and jutting from the back of her head. Hard to describe, really.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I've just realised that you're more likely to picture them as you were originally exposed to them, or the visual media from which you read the story from most.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I personally imagined them as the sets, probably because I was exposed to them and the Metru-Nui CGI animations first before I saw the movies. It just seemed much more realistic to picture them as they should be rather than somewhat goofy looking characters with moving mouths when I read the books. Not to mention, the covers of the books were always of the sets (besides Adventures #4).

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

This may sound strange, but I feel I didn't picture them much at all...They were always such living characters for me. Perhaps, they had too vibrant of personalities for me to put a mask on them.

I'm just brainstorming now, but that may have been due to Farshtey's writing being heavily action and dialogue based. He didn't mentioned the physical aspects as much. Of course, correct me if I'm wrong there.

:kaukau: -JG

toaofthenewrepublicv2jx3.gif

Toa of the New Republic ~ The Collision of Two Worlds

The body of Orkham dangling from a vine. Shamiir’s corpse, his chest nearly split in half. One by one, the bodies of his friends and squad mates flashed by till he realized the horrible truth... They were all dead but two.

• 4 weeks later...