BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Activating the Kray Signaltm.

Ta's his jurisdiction, after all.

With the Outsiders introduced, however, we now have the conflicting information that the cable car is owned and operated by an en entity not of the village (which creates some world and setting issues in and of itself), and that it is located much further from Ta-Koro than it's usually treated. Overall, through a lack of proper communication, a rather distinct mess has been created. 

I have little doubt that it's something that will need to be discussed.

Right, I feel like this whole mess is at least partially my fault, since I was the one who originally suggested to Requiem that we set up base in what I believed to be an empty, abandoned guard outpost halfway up the mountain that no one had visited since... ever

But now that we've been posting up there for several days now and established ourselves, the only two options I see is for the Ta-Koro guard to strike up some sort of arrangement with us, or for them to force us out IC. The latter would be kind of difficult considering the numbers we now have, and I don't see the guard being too enthusiastic about striking a deal with a bunch of shady mercs, either.

So... yeah... this is a bit of a predicament. Unless Nuju decides to smite us with a spontaneous volcanic eruption... (please don't)

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

the only two options I see is for the Ta-Koro guard to strike up some sort of arrangement with us, or for them to force us out IC. The latter would be kind of difficult considering the numbers we now have,

You trying to start another fight?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

No, I'm not. 

The point I'm trying to make is that this has become a huge mess that's going to be difficult to solve IC. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But now that we've been posting up there for several days now and established ourselves, the only two options I see is for the Ta-Koro guard to strike up some sort of arrangement with us, or for them to force us out IC. The latter would be kind of difficult considering the numbers we now have...

439.gif

(Sorry for stealing the whole 'Ten GIF' thing, Ghost)

In all seriousness, Req and I have started talking about it. A solution will be worked out, and further worrying about it isn't really necessary.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Half the Outsiders are away from base at any time, they are not trained to fight as a group, they would be massively outnumbered. They lack the equipment that the Guard does. If the Guard wanted them gone they would be gone.

No point in starting a fight over this.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Okay, so Krayz and I have decided it would be best to just retcon everyhting having to do with the Ta-Wahi side of the cable car/Guard Outpost.

From now on, the Outsiders only run the car from one end: the Ko side on the slopes of Mount Ihu. The base HERE is referred by them as Obsidian Outpost, and the cable car is constantly run by two NPC Matoran who alternate shifts. If you wish to perform an IC crossing from that side, please shoot me a PM.

Hopefully this closes the issue. Please consult me if anyone has any additional questions.

Okay, I think this is a question everyone will want an answer to: is the Ta-Wahi side still abandoned, or are there guards there now? 

Hmm. I don't actually think this is backed up anywhere in canon or otherwise, but can De-Matoran having a small vocabulary of sign language be a thing? It makes sense, given their incredible sensitivity to sound. It might not make sense, given that they are integrated rather than having their own society, however.

Can I get some staff opinion on this?

The times, they are a-changing...

Hmm. I don't actually think this is backed up anywhere in canon or otherwise, but can De-Matoran having a small vocabulary of sign language be a thing? It makes sense, given their incredible sensitivity to sound. It might not make sense, given that they are integrated rather than having their own society, however.

Can I get some staff opinion on this?

Do you mean you want all De-Matoran to have it, or for it to be part of a De-Matoran sub-culture of Mata Nui? I think the latter would be a nice bit of world-building.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Either/or. My de-toa isn't from Mata Nui (at least not with the current backstory I have in mind), so Vakua might have a different dialect. I think it would be a pretty cool aspect of de-matoran subculture, and would provide another aspect for the Ruru to be used. I would imagine de-matoran try to be isolated, since their sensitivity does not lend itself well to large populations; how many times in Bionicle canon were isolated de-matoran villages attacked?

The times, they are a-changing...

We know they have pianos at least, there is one in Dorian's house.

To be honest, most instruments are not that high tech. Mat Nui probably has all the ones they don't involve electricity.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

After reading through Ta-Wahi, I feel the need to ask- what happened to Tuara, anyways?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Dor makes bad decisions.

I was starting to wonder if he had broken up with Tuara and I somehow missed it. That scene where he left the group was slightly confusing.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

...I think I'm more confused now than I was before I asked the question.  :|

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

It always was

Dor just became the centerpiece during MB arc and spawned a thousand knock-offs that the survivability of which is

questionable at best

All I know is somebody's gotta man the docks and that's what I'm here for or something I GUESS im not good at metaphors

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 2

helo frens

Akhulii and Ryzen are gonna be passing into Le-Koro soon. Akhulii's looking for some business with a toa of Plantlife. If anyone's interested in meeting up, PM me!

Heyo, friendly neighborhood player of Akiri Kongu here to tell you that Le-Koro's actually under evacuation right now, guards likely won't let you into the village without some real convincing arguments!

If you have any more questions, PM me!

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |