BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Morok

"I must find Vuracious. I am an avenger with no other purpose.", Morok thought.

Purpose.

Did he have one or was it perhaps simply a delusional goal; a wild Maha chase. If he succeeded in killing Vuracious what would he have as a purpose afterwards? Sure, maybe Calvix was still alive but, what if he wasn't? Then what would his purpose be. He was no protector. No savior. Then what? What exactly would he be?

OOC: Morok is open for interaction.

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

IC-Xicuta, Kixin:
Sunlight. Streaming through the window. Xicuta could feel it, it was warming its plates, trying to cook its innards, it was blaring on its 'eye'...
After a single annoyed moment, wriggling around on Kixin's back - the Vortixx probably felt it like a massage, the silly creature - it started to wake Kixin up, by sending a loud, bell-like tone reverberating through the Vortixx's mental passageways.
It was time for the day to begin.
The Vortixx awoke as he always did; not in stages, or moments of grogginess like most, but in a single moment wherein his eyes snapped open, and consciousness returned.
"Well then. Good morning to you too."
If Xicuta had real eyes, it would have rolled them. Instead, it decided to do what was normal: give Kixin the normal compulsion to eat breakfast, to give the pair energy. Xicuta had learned long before that if it didn't tell Kixin to eat, Kixin would likely forget, stuck brooding or something like that.
"Yes, yes, I know, you pushy old athropod." The Vortixx rolled off of the mat that had passed as his bed for the past few months, stretching slowly to shake off the last vestiges of sleep. "Give me a moment, I'm not that forgetful."
Xicuta writhed in anger on the Vortixx's back - Kixin knew how much the Parakuka hated being called an arthropod, after so many months bonded. Likely, though, he did not know what was coming next.
Instead of sending an annoyed sort of feeling over the mental connection, Xicuta did that which took all of its concentration: giving Kixin the headache of a lifetime, accompanied with the small, imaginary image of a Matoran pointing and laughing at the Vortixx.
Still, just before Kixin came down on his knees the headache stopped, though the image of the Matoran remained. After all, mental humiliation was always a part of Xicuta's retaliation.
Kixin grit his teeth, straightening his posture. "Or, I could not eat breakfast, if you'd prefer. I am quite sure that you would start to be annoyed by the lack of sustenance long before I would be."
"Now calm yourself. No need to be so annoyed so early in the morning."
Again, Xicuta would have rolled its eyes. All it heard from Kixin was "Blah, blah, blahblahblah screw food."
And that was precisely the thought sent to the Vortixx: Him, standing, his mouth moving though nothing but unrestrained noise coming over, then accompanied by a thought-picture of alluring food, hot sweetrolls, Xicuta's favourite breakfast.
"You know, you try and seem cranky and easily annoyed, but I do notice every time you practically salivate at the thought of a sweetroll."
"<3" was effectively Xicuta's reply, an act like that a young Kavinika puppy might make with its owner to get what it wants, before proceeding to be just as unruly as before.
"..."
"I'm not even going to bother pointing out the falsity of that, because it's readily apparent."
Sighing, the Vortixx began the preparations for his morning meal, using one hand to wipe the remaining sleep from his eyes.
Xicuta shrugged, a maneuver where it basically lifted itself up the Vortixx's spine, stretching, before resting itself back down. Thankfully, Kixin was now strong enough not to fall backwards when the large Parakuka did that, though he was still off-balanced.
After a moment it sent the small mental image of a bowl of fruit, or pancakes, two things it knew Kixin liked. Perhaps they could have those for breakfast.
"Already ahead of you there. Some sweetrolls, a fresh apple, and a few pancakes shall be ready shortly."
At that comment, Xicuta wriggled itself in pleasure, causing Kixin to just roll his eyes at it, again.
After a quick breakfast, the two set out the door, needing to go grab groceries for the day. Xicuta, ever the competent record-keeper, quickly sent Kixin its memories of what was needed, in order to make sure they didn't miss anything: More fruit, flour, some baking soda, some paper, a pen, and ink so that Kixin could take his own records for once, and a couple more good books. Xicuta liked reading.
That, and a cushion for Xicuta. It didn't like just hanging off of Kixin's spine like that; it made its legs tired, a fact that Kixin knew all too well by now.
"Indeed."
Was the only response, as the Vortixx began to set out for Le-Koro, pulling a light weight cloak over his head to mask Xicuta's presence. No need to attract any more attention than necessary.

OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-KoroAkiri Kongu put up one hand, "Hold on, what is-" Kongu's eyes sort of screwed up, "a radio?""Akiri, I've heard about this from the boys at the caravan," a guard spoke up and Kongu twisted to face him, "It is like," the guard made shapes with his hands, forming a box, "a thing that talks to you from far away," the guard's eyes screwed up too, "but people can speak through it at you."Kongu's brow furrowed, and he scowled a little. There was an awkward moment of silence as they all stood there, the guard's hands in a box, Kongu frowning, and the Po-Matoran looking on, "Wait," Kongu scratched his head, "So," Kongu frowned more, "the box speak-talks.""Yes Akiri."The leader of Le-Koro stood there staring off into space, his scowling becoming more and more intense."Oh."He turned his head to the Po-Matoran a very confused look on his face, "I still do not get it."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Akira, Fiera

Looking over the clearing and checking out the size, Akira nodded to herself. "Aye, this place will do." She let go of her bag, letting it fall to the ground with a blunt thud. It was a simple sack with a carrying strap, tied shut by a piece of thin rope. Untying the knot, she reached inside and pulled out something to write with, along with a scroll. She handed the things to Noira. "While reading will take some help, you can get ahead on writing on your own." the paladin smiled, opening the scroll and pointing to the top where all the letters of the alphabet were drawn. "Just practice writing the first... let's try five for now and we'll see how that goes." she explained and then moved to pick up her bag and snapped a straight branch off a nearby tree. Then she went to the clearing and stuck the branch in the ground, followed by her staff and finally setting her bag in another place.

"Allright, kids, this is how we'll do it. Before you can stat training with a specialization, there are basic things that everyone should know. I already know some of you do not fully comprehend how to use their new powers, others never wielded a weapon in their life." she said to the group, "So, now each of you will show me what you can do. First we'll look at how you fight without tools and masks. One versus one, ringout at any time equals loss." she said, pointing to the abandoned hut, her bag, the branch and her staff, which made a square pattern on the clearing. "Then we'll continue to see how you handle your weapons. Even if you never did, I just want you to try and do your best. Depending on when we're finished, we'll either see how you do with your elemental powers and masks after that or we'll call it a night." She said and pointed at Fiera: "You first."

I reluctantly let go of my crossbow and shield and lumbered towards the ring, where Akira was getting rid of her blade. "Are you sure about this? that armor doesn't look like it can withstand much." I said with concern, not wanting to break my teachers bones. "Let me worry about that. It's stronger than it looks, and you'd have to hit me first." the paladin said with an innocent smile. Oh you're on. I stretched my arms and got ready: "Call it!" Akira shifted into combat stance and nodded, counting down from three. On one, I leaped forward, crossing the distance between us. But when I swung my fist forward, the Paladin was no longer there. Instead I caught a blow to my side. I tensed up and swung my arm in the direction where the blow came from, my fist flying over Akira's head who ducked under the blow. I didn't quite comprehend what happened next. In a span of five seconds, Akira hit me on several places, yet the punches were quite weak. But to my surprise, I found out I couldn't move after. "Pressure points." The paladin explained, giving me one final punch to the chest and sending me flying out of the ring. "Nasty things nature programmed into our bodies, aren't they?" she said and moved over me, placing a hand on my chest and activating her mask. In a second, all of the numbness was gone. "Not bad. You can shrug off a lot of damage, but your strength has grown to the point where it is more of a hindrance than help. You need to increase your speed." She said and helped me up. "How?" I said, not quite sure I liked the idea. "You're going on a diet. That should cause you to loose some of that muscle weight." I shuddered. "I hate rabbit food!" Akira smiled and nodded towards Xarya: "Next."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Xarya (Le-Wahi)

Xarya carefully put her sword away, and proceeded to step into the makeshift ring.

"OK, no powers, just purely physical. No sweat, right?"

Xarya figured she was about to find out as she sent her flist flying at Akira

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Fiera, Akira

I joined Vorlik, massaging my arms, the nerves still buzzing a little. "Any bets?" I asked, turning to watch the ring. Xarya tried the same approach as I did. Won't work, I tried that. And indeed. Xarya was way faster than me, but so was the elder toa.

Akira saw the fist approaching her face and tilted back on one leg, while kicking the other straight at Xarya's gut, sparing no strength from it either. the fact that she worn the mask of healing allowed her to give the training authenticity without putting the recruits out of circulation for months - anything up to broken bones could be healed within minutes. She just hoped they won't try to repay her in kind once they get better.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Akira

Akira was impressed by Xarya's speed and agility. She wasn't lying about being as skilled as the Le-People. She tensed up her muscles in preparation for the blow, as she needed to know how hard she can hit too. On contact, she heard the bones that made up her armor creak as she was bashed away. "Not bad for a weaver." she said, jumping forward in a butterfly kick.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Vorlik

Vorlik looked over to what the Matoran was writing. Letters. Vorlik shrugged and said, "So, who is after Xarya? And when I go, can I use my Pakari? It is a physical ability based mask, after all."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Xarya (Le-Wahi Clearing)

Xarya's sole fighting experience consisted, as previously mentioned, of fighting Rahi, so fighting someone with actual technique was clearly a very different type of battle. As was quickly proven when Akira launched a kick that Xarya had never even imagined possible, and sent her tumbling back again.

Like before, Xarya's sure footing saved her, but her concentration was still a bit woozy, and she didn't strike back.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Erif glanced over at Vorlik and Noira."I estimate that your mask wouldn't be allowed, seeing as you could seriously injure the only medic we have, and you probably haven't learned how to focus your mask properly yet.""Before you think I'm being a snob, I haven't the foggiest idea how to use mine."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akira froze mid-move after hearing Vorlik, sparing Xarya from an involuntary flight. "Not the point of the exercise." she said, her tone all of a sudden gaining a very dark tone. "Look carefully, because this is the only one time I am going to talk about this." she addressed the group and reached for the straps on one of her forearm guards, undoing them and letting the piece of armor fall to the ground. Then she rolled up the sleeve of her jumpsuit, revealing her arm. I fought the urge to turn away as I saw her navy skin was crossed in black webbed pattern. I noticed that about her back in Ta-Koro - she had burn scars on her hands. I had no idea it went further.

"Oh yes, they are all over." she said, seeing my repulsed expression. "And there's also a nice little warning burned to my back. They did this to me when the order fell - I wasn't strong enough to get out of their dungeon. They took away my armor, weapons, AND mask - you have no idea how weak you get after just a few days without it." She continued, her voice a low growl. "So no, you may NOT use your mask, unless you want to be scarred for life if they ever capture you. That is the purpose of this part of the training. You can not always choose the circumstances. In fact, later I will have us training mask less on the bring of exhaustion. Because let me tell you straight away, I will rather drown myself than to go through that again!" she barked and strapped her armor back on, shivering at the memory. Great Spirit, what has she been through?

"Rest assured there is a good reason for everything I do. Be prepared for broken bones - as long as my mask works, it is nothing but a minor inconvenience for you. But if it ever happens to you mid-battle, you will be more resistant to it. React a second faster. And that second can be all that stands between life and death." she explained. I could see the wisdom in that method, but the fact that the next few months were promised to hurt made me jsut a little uncomfortable. "That's enough. You're in great physical shape, but we'll have to work on your technique." Akira told Xarya and called vorlik to the ring.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"Oh no. I've been a Toa for about six months. I know how to use my element and mask very well. I understand not hurting Akira, though." Then, he heard Akira's talk, and he understood. Then, he got up, dropped his shield, and stepped into the ring.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Akira sized up te vo-toa with her gaze. If Xarya was an eye opener, she had to admit that at present, Vorlik might be her match. She ahd the experience, but even after months of recuperating, her form still wasn't what she would like. Though if his request was any indication, he might not be that good under the limited conditions. "Begin." She said, starting to circle around the ring.

"Nice!" I told Xarya, quite amazed at how long she held. Akira caught me completely unprepared. There was still so far to go for all of us. "I can't wait to see how you do with that." I said, pointing to the Vo-Toa's sword.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Xarya (Butra's Hut)

Xarya stepped out of the ring, as she took to heart Akira's words.

"Thanks" she responded to Fiera's compliment

While Akira prepared to face the next opponent, Xarya found herself intrigued by the abandoned farm.

She'd met the farmer a couple times, a kind Bo-Matoran named Butra. Why, exactly, he'd lived on his own she wasn't sure.

The inside of the hut wasn't much to take note of. A small bed, clearly fitted for a Matoran positioned beneath one of the windows, cupboards and lockers, a table and some chairs, and whatever else may be considered necessities.

What stood out, though, was what appeared to be a small stone tablet lying on the table.

Dust swirled in clouds around her, causing a sneeze as Xarya studied the tablet.

Greetings, dear reader.

As I chisel down these words, I am beginning a quest from which I may not return before years have passed. If you have found this tablet, I assume it is because you seek my services. Alas, I am no longer able to provide them.

I have been chosen to wield a great responsibility, and I cannot find anymore time for this old life of mine. As such, I bid you a fond farewell, with hope we may someday meet in the battle against evil that I have now joined.

I am now, and forever, the great Lewa's brother.

"Butra became a Toa?" Xarya wondered to herself "since when?"

Xarya smiled and put the tablet back. She was definitely hoping for the possibility of meeting Butra someday in the future, unaware of his cruel fate at the hands of Makuta's Sons

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Unfortunately for Akira, Vorlik was light on his feet and quick on them too. When he saw her about to jump, he leapt to the side to doge her attack. A long time of fighting with a style that mostly involved jumping around caused you to become rather agile and reflexive.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Akira expected this result, but if she didn't move, they would be just standing there until they grown old and died. It worried her little though. The technique she was using now was based on fluid motion, having no strict moves, relying on simply staying in motion. She planted her feet on the ground in a way that allowed her to immediately spin around in a roundhouse kick. Having no idea where Vorlik went, she aimed for the largest target, which would be the other toa's torso.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

The paladin was looking for a weakness. Her opponent was quite agile, and his style was something unpredictable, even if a little funny. She couldn't believe it was part of a strategy when Vorlik fell on his back, but now he was charging her. She crossed her arms in front of her, steadied her footing and tensed up, choosing to block instead of dodging, thinking all the while. Vorlik's technique relied heavily on jumping. and in a jump, legs were the last to leave their place. When the punch hit, she did her best to stay as close to the Vo-Toa as she could, but the force of the impact still made her step back a pace. Shaking it off, she kicked towards Vorlik's knees.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension