Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Also, what would happen if one were to set out in a ship going away from Mata Nui indefinitely?
Another question:What would happen a Toa of Air used a Kualsi to teleport into space and then created an air bubble around themselves so that they could breathe?- Vorex
And brought a Toa of Gravity along as well, to destabilize the moon and drop it upon the island?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Another question:What would happen a Toa of Air used a Kualsi to teleport into space and then created an air bubble around themselves so that they could breathe?- Vorex
I believe a Kualsi only teleports you to places within your range of vision.
You can see space at night.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Characters are allowed to come from other places. The requirement is that they either can't remember where they came from, or they don't talk about it.
I'm talking about players who beef up their character's back story with stuff that happened on the Southern Continent, or Artidax, or Voya Nui, and involving the southern islands and The Brotherhood of Makuta and stuff. If you browse through the profile pages you'll find some stuff like this.As for the Kualsi thing- I guess you could do that. But if you did get a character in space, what then? You'd just float around and waste elemental power trying to survive until you teleported back to Mata Nui. I suppose you could pop out there and then teleport down to some other part of the planet, but that would be leaving the scope of the RPG and we'd never see that character again, unless he repeated the procedure to get back to Mata-Nui. Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Characters are allowed to come from other places. The requirement is that they either can't remember where they came from, or they don't talk about it.
I'm talking about players who beef up their character's back story with stuff that happened on the Southern Continent, or Artidax, or Voya Nui, and involving the southern islands and The Brotherhood of Makuta and stuff. If you browse through the profile pages you'll find some stuff like this.
I think most of it comes from characters that were created by people who didn't read the rules, and were dropped pretty quickly. If it's part of an active character's backstory, then it would need to be dealt with.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm talking about players who beef up their character's back story with stuff that happened on the Southern Continent, or Artidax, or Voya Nui, and involving the southern islands and The Brotherhood of Makuta and stuff. If you browse through the profile pages you'll find some stuff like this.
People who do that are, quite simply, pushing it. Now, I'll admit I've mentioned Xia and Zakaz in my backstories but a] I didn't say very much b] it was for a Vortixx and Skakdi respectively and c] I don't play as either of them currently.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Kualsi/moon issue: You can see the moon, but you can't actually make out any details about the place you'll be teleporting to, as the entire surface would be condensed into what amounts to the size of a coin in your vision. For that reason, I don't think you could reach the moon in a single jump, even if the mask has no range limit.

Kualsi/moon issue: You can see the moon, but you can't actually make out any details about the place you'll be teleporting to, as the entire surface would be condensed into what amounts to the size of a coin in your vision. For that reason, I don't think you could reach the moon in a single jump, even if the mask has no range limit.
I was thinking first space, then the moon.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

All this talk about Kualsi-teleportation-stuff reminds me of a question I had before:If you're going to use a Kualsi to teleport somewhere, but a clear window is in-between you and where you wish to teleport, would you teleport through the window, or would you stop right at the window?

profiles i guess

On the backstory issue, I think as long as your backstory is flexible, you should be fine, so that you can work with whatever happens to be true of this Matoran universe.Mata Nui could have glass if we wanted to make it. Toa of Crystal, or Toa of Fire, can both make something like glass. Nobody sees much need for it is all. And glass has to be used in telescopes.

Actually, the rules from when this game began state that the backstory must be vague if a character comes from sompelace other than Mata Nui. Because the Brotherhood doesn't exist, as far as we know. And we don't know what Xia and other islands are anything like.A foreign character either doesn't know wher eit came from, or doesn't talk specifics.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Okay then. Now, let's see who can come up with an answer to my window question.My thoughts on the matter are that the Kualsi teleports you to what you're looking at, right? Well, you would, basically, be looking at the window, but not focusing on it. My question is whether or not the Kualsi teleports you to your focus, or if it just teleports you.See, either, you go through the window, or you smack into the window.

profiles i guess

Okay then. Now, let's see who can come up with an answer to my window question.My thoughts on the matter are that the Kualsi teleports you to what you're looking at, right? Well, you would, basically, be looking at the window, but not focusing on it. My question is whether or not the Kualsi teleports you to your focus, or if it just teleports you.See, either, you go through the window, or you smack into the window.
I believe the mental focus is more important than the physical object in front of you. You have to have a visual of the destination, but since the mask already breaks the laws of physics I don't see a reason why it couldn't take you through a sheet of glass.

Fair enough, it's just something that's been on my mind for a while, seeing as the glass would interrupt your field of vision and what not, so...yeah. If the glass was opaque, obviously, you would run into it. But with the ability to see through it, would you then teleport through it?I think you can see why I found this thought annoying at first.

profiles i guess

BS01:

[The Kualsi] allows its user to instantly move to any place in their field of vision... A Kualsi user cannot teleport through energy fields, such as those made by a Hau.
Implies that the Kualsi user can teleport through non-energy-field physical objects, as long as they have a sightline of where they want to go. Verdict: you can go through glass without breaking it.

test2.png

So is that to say that most of the teachers have left?I know something happened with Naara, wasn't around to see what happened. Cause if there aren't any teachers at the school then I guess the one character I had planned for it, will simply have to search out the ex-teachers and see if she can learn from them.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

EW and I will probably be wrapping up stuff before it's handed over to his character. However as of now, yeah it's pretty much dead.
Oh, we will, will we? I've been waiting since July 23 -- my birthday.But technically, Kaccio and Vernadon are still there.

Yo guys and people that don't care or know I exist or am even making this post: My activity is drooping quite a bit, so.....yeah on that part. If you need interaction in Pala-Koro, PM me as I have a Female Vortixx there I really do wish to start up again. PM me please, as I won't be able to check this often or at all. I have good reasons, so hold back the pitchforks and torches for now.

WIP

No moon-travelling. Kualsi users do not travel at the speed of a portal.
What speed do they travel at over longer distances? Also, is there a rule in this game limiting the distance a Kualsi user can travel, assuming it is in their field of vision? Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET