Marvel, Rebirth:

IC Tokiomi

"Hm... Would you by any chance have a high enough clearance level to be able to access SHIELD's magical inventory? I can't confirm that it exists, but I'd assume that there would be one floating around somewhere. Maybe you could find something to enhance your power there?" If this kept going on, the whole team was going to get held up simply because of Sam; not a good sign. The thing that irritated Tokiomi the most was that he was failing to come up with a concrete solution. He had like maybe two thousand different people's memories in his head and none of them were magicians? "For the first time in short life," he thought to himself, "I am at a loss for answers." Musing on it for a few seconds, he then spoke: "Worst comes to worst, I'll could copy my memories of firearm training to your head; it'll be better than nothing."

Edited by A Magus With Class

IC: "Alright, if you're worried about being dead weight when you get inside, how about this: You open a portal inside the base, Team Sneaky Monkey goes through but you don't. You use your telepathy or just plain old comms to keep track of them and re-open the portal when they give you the word?" Persephone suggested, "And if you can't get a portal inside directly, I'm sure we can find a back door you could get the team to, and Agent McCoy can hack their way inside."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Apology accepted," Christine said softly as she bent down to look under the bed for bandages. She kept her hand firmly on the knife in case Seirra tried anything crazy. At least this distracted me form thinking about Matt for a few minutes...

IC:

"Yes, I will do my best to hack our way inside. Then Sam can provide us the portal home. I feel like we shouldn't spend more time discussing this, we are wasting valuable time... shouldn't we be heading out?" Jennifer asked the group of SHIELD agents.

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC: "Okay, so with the revisions, this should be our plan of attack," Persephone said, making adjustments to her hologram.

"Team One is Striking Dragon, made up of myself, Vivus, Marauder and Agent Outhseren. We will drop in some way back from the facility, allowing Marauder to set himself a sniper nest and Outhseren to maintain the distance she needs to focus. Vivus and I will hit them in a full-frontal assault, with Marauder providing support, in an effort to draw out their forces and hold their attention. While we do that, Outhseren will use a portal to send Team Two, Sneaky Monkey, into the base or as close as she can get them. From there they will utilise stealth to try to gather all the information they can with their variety of skills."

She looked at the assembled members of Sneaky Monkey, "You should be able to handle yourselves if things go south, Harken and Starling both have powers that can pack a punch and you all know how to use the guns you're carrying. Once you've got all the information you can or if things get too FUBAR you can get Outhseren to pull you out with another portal. You'll have Harken, the mission leader, with you, so any micromanagement of what happens inside the base is up to him," she said, looking at him before adding, "Sir."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Lilliana

"Just one condition." She said as she looked at him, her icy blue eyes suddenly growing a bit darker and serious. "Don't ask any stupid questions about me. You know, something like 'Did you date the Hulk?'"

She watched his reaction and smirked almost mockingly. "I didn't by the way... Even if I had the opportunity, green isn't my color." And within a moment, a smile crept onto her face.

"I hope we understand one another."

She clapped her hands together and smiled, all signs of the icy attitude from before were gone. "It was the first thing that popped into my head... But I'm glad that you won't! We will get along swimmingly.."

Suddenly her lips made an 'O' shape and she smiled. "I forgot! I ordered some things that should be arriving any day now... You'll have to help me get set up.."

IC:

"I was trying to hurt you." Sierra finally admitted after a long silence. "I didn't understand your grief for Matt, and I wanted your pain to be comprehendible." Her tears from the wounds were turning into those of sadness and confusion. "No one's emotions seem to reach me anymore."

Edited by Cupcake Killer

"That's great! I orders a few bookshelves, a new desk, about ten sets of different class copies of certain books....." As she continued to speak she walked around the room, indicating where everything would go. "... And then a few lamps.... That's about it."

Ic:

"Uhm... Sure," I said, unable to decide if I was hungry or not. Food seemed to be the least of my worries as I bit my lip, trying to sort myself out before speaking my feelings. Which he could probably feel.

"Dal... I feel worthless," I said, grabbing the prosthetic and avoiding dal's gaze, "I can't use this new arm like my old... I don't have powers... And-"

I shuddered, restraining tears. I really didn't want to break down before. I already did so in front of lynae, but not in front of dal...

"I can't do anything!" I growled, my sadness and frustration evident in my voice as I clenched my hands, "all I ever was good at was fighting. Fighting ad killing. And that wasn't even me! All I got was a front-row seat to a showing of an insane copy of me killing over a hundred people, hurting so many others... And there wasn't anything I could do about that!"

I started taking deep breaths, shuddering as I felt my blood boil, and my eyes begining to well with water. A now-familiar salty water, the kind full of sorrow and despair.

"Dal... I just want all the problems gone... For me to have my arm, and my powers back... I- I want to do something... Not be worthless. Not how I am right now..." I said, lowering my head as I cried silently, my shoulder shuddering whenever I gasped for breath.

IC:

I was scared of dentists and the dark

I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations

Oh, all my friends are turning--

Dallas turned down the radio of the stolen concept car a bit with a lazy swipe of his knuckle across the sensitive buttons of the sound system. Card's sobbing was torn out of her gasping mouth, sucked out into the midnight-cloaked streets of New York City through jagged ghosts of windows; side rounds wound and twirled like the frantic tendrils that made up Kristen's aura, and they choked the air from the confines of the vehicle. For a few minutes, the world of the two Ultimates was overtaken with emotional SIDS.

The car screeched diagonally into three parking spots in the dimly lit Auntie Anne's parking lot. Kristen looked up, looked back at the arrangement of their stopped ride, and looked at Dallas. "What--?"

"Manifest destiny, ," he drawled, reaching through the ugly ruin of the driver's side window and opening the door with two fingers under the outside handle. Dark and cocksure, he strode up to the door, pulled on the metal handle twice; it was locked, and he looked back at the car in irritation - as if it was Card's fault that he'd been tempted to buy a pretzel, instead of him practically foisting the salty comfort food on her - before casually elbowing a hole through the glass and reaching through cautiously to pop the lock on the front door. A light blared, but Dallas noticed out of the corner of his eye and froze the space around him with a thought and an outreaching hand. With the alarm temporarily suspended, he disappeared around the bend of the entrance to the eatery. He was gone for a minute. Two minutes. Two and a half. Three? Three.

He came out strutting, like the Noah of petty thievery, with two of every pretzel practically overflowing in his arms, with an obscenely massive lemonade clutched in each hand like watchtowers at some trans fat gated entranceway. He had to open the door with his foot, and when he slid into the car awkwardly with arms full his hair was ruffled and hung in his eyes, while blood dropped from his right wrist down to his elbow from a cut he'd sustained when the driver's side door swung open. But his eyes were electric blue and alight with mischief, and his grin was effervescent and proud of itself. His pretty white teeth shone in the face of the reproachful midnight hour.

"Here, suck on this and careful not to choke," he instructed, handing her a lemonade. "Always remember that no matter how useless you feel, I'm even more useless at CPR, so you're right and truly up creek if that goes down the wrong pipe."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Recommended listening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PKzU1EeKks

IC: She was running, again.

The girl's hacked off hair bounced as she tripped, barely catching herself with hands that were already scratched from thousands of previous encounters, the demon so close behind her.

So close but she could make it, she could, she could, just a little faster, it always left her at the river-

She cleared the trees, expecting to see the familiar stream, the warm feeling of relief already entering her tired body, but.

No. No. She hadn't made a wrong turn. No. But if she hadn't, how could there be black cliffs ahead, their obsidian greatness towering into the sky, their glass surfaces offering no purchase. She was trapped, and there... There was nothing she could... She was dead. Months and months of running, and fear, and dread wasted, she was going to die anyway.

"No holy river to save you this time, Ichabod."

That blonde woman was back, watching the fugitive with disinterest. The black-haired girl barely even spared her a glance.

She wasn't even sure that the blonde was real. The Beast never tried to kill her.

The girl's response was torn from the air by a massive roar, a dark shadow falling across darker cliffs, the Beast's malevolent red eyes hanging over both women.

Something broke in the doomed' girl's mind. She was going to die. She ran straight for the creature, jumping higher than she even knew she could and throwing the hardest kick she could at the Beast's face.

IC: Mady's face twitched as she felt a slight, slight psychic wave, and everyone in the Hellfire building felt the same.

Edited by Shaquille O'Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Ic:

I sniveled while waiting for dal, wiping my cheeks when he finally came back out. I solemnly took the completely oversized drink, sipping it slowly. I wasn't sure exactly if Dallas was telling the truth about the CPR thing, but I certainly wasn't about to test it... Could you even choke on a drink and die from it..?

"Thanks dal..." I said in a hushed tone, trying to recollect myself.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble..." I said, turning away slightly before wrapping my lips around the straw again, slowly drinking the tangy, well, lemonade.

IC: The plan had been settled, equipment had been raided from the armoury, and a jet had been launched. And now the team of eight was almost at its destination.

Persephone's armour rattled like old fashioned plate and mail as it closed around her, shaking slightly with the vibrations of the quinjet. The noises stopped as soon as it sealed itself, wrapping around her like a shell around a crab. Although she was armed with a little more than a pair of claws.

"Vivus, you're with me," she said, voice buzzing at it came through the filters of her heavy armour's filters, "We go in early, then the jet'll drop Marauder and Sam off. Then it'll fall back with Team Sneaky Monkey until they get their portal."

She threw the other android a jetpack, since he couldn't fly himself, then turned to the bay doors. They were steadily opening, but too slow for her. She'd been spending too much time lately as Persephone Ellis, walking good PR. Time to let the Titanium Blonde have some fun.

As soon as the bay doors were low enough to fit her, she ran forward, diving through them and into the open air. She swept her arms back to her sides, twisting her weight so she entered a corkscrew spin. As the world span and the long snow-white ponytail adorning her helm whirled round and round like the scourge of some steel angel, she threw her arms wide and kicked her magnetic field into gear. A flare of colour flashed up around her, an aurora borealis in miniature as the energies of magnetism and plasma crackled from her.

With a simple flexing of her will she changed direction and started hissing through the air towards the HYDRA installation, a comet in gold, red, green, purple...The mechanics in her helm's eyes threw a targeting reticule into her vision, ready to flag up targets. It had been a while since she'd really stretched the limits of her skill and inbuilt tech, and she was looking forward to this. In human terminology, she imagined it was going to be a lot like standing up and stretching after hours spent sitting down. A welcome stress.

Her hands started to glow white, charging up with her signature plasma bursts. Alright HYDRA, lets see what you got...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Mikhail, knock it off." Tera admonished, though she was unable to keep the smile completely off of her face. Sighing, she stifled a chuckle at Aella's reaction. The mutant set down her own plate on the coffee table, sliding it away, before pivoting in her seat to be able to better see her friend.

"Aella, you're fine. You're not going to explode. He's joking."

OOC: I am waaaaaaaaaay behind here, so I'll be trying to get caught up. If someone is missing a post from me, let me know.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

I let out a sigh, feeling relief as Tera assured me I wasn't going to explode. I gave Mikhail a quick glare before looking at Tera.

"I...I knew that!" I stuttered, my face flushing with some embarrassment. I didn't want to seem like I was naive.

IC: Krystal

Krystal checked her weapons and gear for the hundredth time, soon they'd be ported with Sam's magic into the facility itself, they'd have to be ready for anything.

NPC:

Persephone's descent toward the HYDRA facility did not go unnoticed. The automated defences detected the unidentified object flying towards the base with rapid speed. Countermeasures were automatically engaged, putting the facility into an immediate red alert. Automated defence turrets came online, armed with surface to air missiles and anti-air cannon. The moment any unidentified objects came into their range they opened fire.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"No you didn't." The pacifict replied with amusement, leaning back in her seat and closing her eyes. She was more or less perfectly still, head propped up on the back of the couch. Though she was breathing deeply to relax, a slight smile graced her face.

"There's no reason to feel embarrassed about not knowing, either."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

"I'm not embarrassed!" I protested, crossing my arms and letting out a huff as I leaned back against the couch. I was silent for a while.

Slowly I started to lean toward Tera, I kept doing this, until my head was stopped by Tera's shoulder.

IC: Persephone didn't flinch as the turrets started up. The whole point of her charge was to catch their attention after all. So how about giving them something to really look at?

She locked her targeting onto the nearest turret, then sharply banked left, throwing herself into a corkscrewing flight pattern before twisting upwards. She was hoping that keeping an erratic flight pattern and her relatively small size would make it harder to actually hit her. But she would also like to cut down on the number of things that could fire at her, so...

The reticule in her HUD was telling her where the turret she'd locked onto was even though it was no longer in her direct vision. Lets see, if she just tilted her hand a little bit in this direction...

A beam of brilliant white shot from her hand, hissing as it instantly boiled every drop of moisture in its path, slamming into the turret she'd chosen in a dazzling array of light and steam, a bolt from some heavenly power. She was sure that the turret could withstand for a few moments, since HYDRA weren't going to build their stuff out of tissue paper, but she was using plasma against it. The raw power of the sun unleashed from her palm. There was only so long anything could hold up against that level of heat, especially in something as advanced as the turret where it would be so easy for electronics to fry and shortcircuit. So she kep up the beam, and her crazy flying, keeping track of how long it took until the one was was hitting blew up

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

Vivus wordlessly nodded and caught the jetpack thrown to him by Persephone, slightly bitter that his creator didn't give him better jet boosters. He strapped it on as Persephone took to the skies, dodging and firing at the turrets. Vivus watched for a brief moment, charging energy for later use, before leaping off the bay doors himself.

Now or never. Vivus thought to himself, a line he had heard in several works of fiction and found especially appropriate here. Activating the jetpack, Vivus gained altitude, while activating his leg boosters as well to give an increase in speed. Knowing that other turrets would inevitably start firing on him, the lesser armored yet (presumably) more agile android, Vivus projected an energy field from his right hand to block incoming bullets, while he adopted a similarly erratic flying style to Persephone's, and locked on to the turret closest to the one under fire from plasma. Not as flashy, but should do the trick. Vivus thought to himself, as he took raised his left hand to send a charged bolt of energy on a course for the targeted turret, while continuing to fly like.... A drunken hummingbird? Nah, that doesn't sound right. the android mused to himself, before focusing at the task on hand, charging more energy to use again.

Edited by Edea Lee

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC Tokiomi

"Okay, I'm here to collect intel, not to blow up the base from within. So don't go crazy with the thermobaric grenades... whoever I'm, well, thinking to. Is that you, Vincent?" Tokiomi had ended up getting fifteen more grenades (ten high explosive, five thermobaric) from the armory, bringing his total to twenty (fifteen He, five thermobaric), as well as a vest that could hold them all). Concerned about weight, he had dropped three of his magazines (bringing his total to seven plus the one already in the gun. "Thirty shots per mag. The gun has three-round burst mode active. That means I can pull the trigger ten times per mag... eighty shots total. Add fifteen standard 40mm grenades and five grenades that I shouldn't have brought with me plus two frags, a pistol with two mags and a knife... How am I going to keep up with the team wearing all this stuff?"

OOC: I think U! John still needs a reply from Rebekah from a while ago.

IC:

"Then why can't you?" Christine asked. "Ah know what happened to you was terrible. And that you can't forgive yourself for what you did." her emerald eyes seemed to brightened with a certain ferocity as she stared at the damaged girl.

"But self mutilation isn't the way to fix things, it just makes things worse. Promise me you'll stop?" she asked. The mutant then began to slowly glance around the room.

"Anymore hidden knives around Ah need to find and get rid of?"

IC:

Jennifer watched as Persephone left the jet and entered into open air. "Alright team Sneaky Monkey, are we ready for this?" the new SHIELD agent asked as she glanced at her fellow team members. The wind from the open bay doors sent wisps of brown hair blowing around Jennifer's face as she waited.

She pulled out her pistol checked the magazine in it before clicking the safety off and holstering it again. This is my first real mission as a SHIELD agent... time to prove myself.

IC:

Kane wandered around the grounds of the school. He hadn't gotten any reply texts from Aleks yet. He wasn't sure if he should just poke his head inside or hang out outside so he figured he'd find a quiet place to take a smoke break.

The pyro mutant soon found himself in a large and very green garden with an impressive tree. He stopped and glanced up at the tree.

This works. He thought as he reached for his pack of smokes and pulled one out prepared to light it.

IC:

After Daken's Messianic "one of you will betray me and kind of get shot in the process" prediction had finished echoing around inside the Hummer, the rest of the breakfast run in Kansas had inched forward in sluggish, uncomfortable silence. Nate folded and unfolded a paperclip, while Angela's hawkish gaze lilted through the windows searching for indications of a bullet, or a bomb in a pothole. Leah, understably, was freaking out about what the frick she'd gotten dragged into this morning; when they stopped in front of a McDonald's for breakfast, the brunt of the Dark Avengers shuffled out of the Hummer as quickly as they could, in case the gas tank had been leaking behind them the whole time and Akihiro had withdrawn a match from his pocket. Only Asa lingered long enough to gaze back at him through the rear-view, and when her fingers nimbly brushed the handle of the door Daken reached out and gripped them in his palm.

"Everyone in this van is now wearing leather out the wazoo," he pointed out; Daken's grin was nebulous and alluring, attractive in the way that a massive leap off a cliff is attractive to a lemming. "It's like going to see The Clash all over again."

"Who's that?" Asa replied, and then playfully winked. "Just teasing Daken, did you enjoy the concert?"

"Well, they're okay live. Nothing has ever sounded quite so sweet as the first copy of London Calling I owned on vinyl - outside of my bedroom, at least, but that's an unfair standard."

The Dark Avengers team leader slipped between the two front seats and straddled the e-brake, putting an arm around Asa's headrest. Her wrist was cool and soft underneath his hand, and when he looked back at her, there was something new in her expression that didn't quite mesh with the cocky front she'd put up for Daken Akihiro so far. If he squinted, he thought he could see her life flashing before her eyes - and what she saw either bored her or scared her. That was good to know. Abruptly, he popped the door open with his boot's toe and pushed it open with his heel. "Come on."

Asa didn't move under his leg.

"Come on," he assured her, "it's nothing that's going to hold us up for breakfast." She still didn't look convinced, so he scooted across her lap slowly (the back of his mohawk tousled her crimson bangs as he ducked and hopped out of the car) and spun around on his foot like he was at the ballet, arms outstretched and nostrils taking in the air. Eyes closed and smile on his face like this, Daken looked almost serene. The sun caught the sheen on the leather of his jacket and redirected it off the Hummer, then back into Asa's face. Her wariness was illuminated right on stage, and the performer stopped his act to look at her. Daken's shoulders sagged in disappointment and he put a hand in Asa's, leading her across the parking lot. They stopped behind a white Infiniti sedan, and without a cursory look in any direction Daken's wrist claw extended and he dug into the lock. When the trunk popped open, Daken looked in, whistled to himself in approval, and then gestured for Asa to look. "Meet Plan A."

A body, bled dry with puncture wounds across the neck and chest, was curled in the fetal position. It looked just as surprised to be there as Asa was to see it. Unceremoniously, Daken kicked the body so that it faced away from them.

"Original gameplan upstairs was to kill you off as an example to the rest of the team as soon as our corps had assembled in one place. Things happened. Nights got heated. Plan A had to get shaken up a little," Daken explained. "It would be a mistake to let anything happen to you, Asa. Truthfully...I think I may have started to fancy you." His claw retracted, and Daken took her hands in his. His gaze had a way of forcing hers to meet it without even implying that it demanded eye contact; it was cold and steel, the color of a bullet - and the color of a lifeline. "I need you to believe in me, Asa. If you do, I promise I will never, ever fail you. Okay?"

The Infiniti's trunk was stained in blood; the sun began to illuminate the crusty spots where it had coagulated and dried when the body had pumped into the parameters. "Okay?"

"I believe you Daken. Heee, not really surprised, I guess of anyone on this crew I am the most expendable." Asa replied. "Was it Osborn or you that decided I would be an example?"

"Big man with the pumpkin fixation," he assured her. "Norman looks at dossiers and sees abilities and mutations - and he only sees them on paper. I look at you, and I see someone I want at my back. Or even at my side." His hands moved to her own sides. "This will never happen again, Asa, I promise. I believe in you, too."

He sat down on the trunk to close it and leaned in to kiss Ripple; when they had taken a second to let the conversation run its course he stood back up and walked to meet the rest of the team inside McDonald's.

"Come on, let's eat something. Did you know they call pancakes hotcakes here? It's all so very rustic." He beamed and held out a hand for her to take, just like on the Oscorp roof, with blood running down his palm and the threat of rain in the sky. Asa had been reluctant then; this time, for the first time, she smiled back and took his hand readily.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: (Ripple)

Ripple smiled as she took Daken's hand, and it was strange, considering that just a few minutes before he told her she was the one Norman wanted to be killed as an example, and yet, Daken ignored that. For her, maybe for himself, but it also felt like he didn't want to lose her, and the fact Daken hold told her what Norman had planned, only weakened any trust she had in the man who had hired her to rescue Daken. Instead she trusted Daken more than ever, lucky as she was Daken and the man who employed him would have planned around her mutation, that well, made her rather hard to kill. While McDonald's wasn't exactly her first choice it what was available, and god she felt hungry. The day felt so much better knowing Daken believed in her and she believed him, but considering Daken this was a dangerous path, she knew this, but Daken hadn't steered her wrong so far, and what could she say, he was cute, and he liked her, and he was dangerous and powerful, she felt safer with him than anyone else.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

"That'll the perfect!" She exclaimed enthusiastically. "It'll finally feel like a classroom."

IC: Lynae

The vampire gently sipped from her crystal glass, the blood within it staining her lips as she did so. She had felt the wave go through the house, but it didn't mean much to her. She was busy.

On her desk stood a large number of invitations, all hand written in Lynae's beautiful, calligraphic writing. It was only proper to do things by hand for such an important event. Oh yes, she would have what she wanted soon enough.

IC: Abigail

Boing Boing Boing!

Abigail, having caved in to her boredom, started to bounce on Lynae's bed. She felt the psyche wave go through the house as she did so and lost balance, falling off the bed and landing on the floor with a thump.

"Oomphhh..."

IC: Abigail

Abigail was rather quick to crawl away from the bed, pulling herself up off the floor. The door to Lynae's bedroom slowly creaked open as the redhead's head poked out and looked at Lynae with a cheeky smile.

"Hey Lynae! Did you feel...whatever that was?"

IC: Lynae

"Yes. It occurs sometimes when you have housemates like I do." She said as she sipped from her glass once more.

"Abigail, you must recognize that this place and the people I associate with are dangerous. You may befriend them if you'd like, but trust is another story."