BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Zekev

Oh Ak'Rei'An, I just want to get out of here and into the warm flames already!

"Grandmaster! These heathens are being-annoying! Yeah, they're very annoying!"

The fallen Toa got up charged me. Stubborn Toa is stubborn.

Although, he is going shoulder-first...

I quickly hopped to the left and stuck my leg out to trip him. He was shoulder slamming, so he should be unable to see that.

Ice suddenly started to form around my ice. Have I mentioned that ice in your ice, er, eyes, suck?

I launched lasers to blast the ice out and saw the zealot(ha! Coming from a cult member) about to hammer my body into a messy pulp on the floor.

Needless, to say, that would suck, so I raised my shield up, foot still sticking out. Then the shield hit my stomach.

Well, it tried to. My electro-blade, still attached to my right arm, was still there. I pushed against it with my weak arm(ouch my shoulder!) against the shield, but the impact sent me reeling backwards.

"Brothers! A little help here!" I shouted as I tried to regain my breath. The rushing Toa was still coming, so I stuck my foot out as I shifted to the side. Since he's shoulder charging, he shouldn't be able to see that.

IC: Is...  is he actually trying to trip me? Joskander thought.  I've got a Kakama, man, I'm prepared for that sort of thing.  Exploiting his mask-granted reflexes, he corrected his course slightly to adjust for the Skakdi's change in position and charged on.

OOC: Yeah, I figure the position Joskander's running from lets him actually see where he's going.  That sort of thing's kinda important to him, y'know.  :P Anyways, he's got a Kakama on, so I figure he'd probably be within melee range now?  Probably?  RPG time is kinda hard to judge sometimes.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC:  'Ahkmou', alleyway in Ko-Koro

The matoran turned swiftly as the toa popped into existence, his speed belying the weight of the gear he carried.  The alleyway between the glacier cliff faces had barely enough room for the two to pass; it was nearly a muse and having his name echo softly in it was disconcerting.  The voice was recognizable and instead of firing the patero launcher and wasting another round of limited munitions he lowered the barrel and sighed.  The small toa of electricity looked like she'd been through a fight or two already.  A few bumps and scratches dotted her body, but otherwise nothing serious.  In the city chaos Ishi  imagined a number of situations, all of them bad.  Hopefully Dervish hadn't taken a side publicly yet.   

"It was the coat, wasn't it," Ishi commented slowly, referencing the mangled garment he now used as a makeshift bundle for carrying some of his more recent acquisitions.  It was held on his right shoulder, and the weight seemed to pull him off-balance as he stood.  "Makes no matter, you found me and that's all.  I see you didn't wait at the Academy."  Like I'd told you to lingered unspoken.  He glared at her, then softened his mood and started hustling down the alleyway until they broke into a small courtyard surrounded by huts carved into the icy walls.  No one was around.  

"Inside, go." Ishi pointed with the patero toward the nearest building, a small two-story of modest accommodation if the lack of window-shutters were anything to judge by.

"What's the situation so far?"

IC: "I think everything inside is being taken care of. Wouldn't want anyone getting... cranky about misplaced or broken items now. As for defense, having another body around to guard the place couldn't hurt. It's already been attacked by two crazies, one who I suspect just walked up firing before being captured the first time, and another who snuck in with the injured. If the city has fallen, you can bet we'll be seeing more of them soon."

Okay, he passed inspection... for now...

That just leaves him with the Crystal-Toa...

OOC: That cue is for Kimala, btw.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: "From what I heard back in Ta-Koro, Makuta worshippers and the Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An. I've never heard of either before now, but if you take these two as an example, they seem to be complete lunatics. They've practically declared open war on the city. As for the hospital, the wall was mostly due to the Vortixx, with some assistance from the Ta-Matoran. She decided to get cute and attack our friend Kellin here after giving him and the Titan a false story about a Rahkshi sighting. Bet he wasn't expecting the hickey she gave him either," he said, mentioning the De-Matoran's neck wound.

"As for me, I figured that the Ko-Koro Guard would like a little help with their defence. I also figured, correctly I might add, that one in my line of work would be handsomely rewarded for providing said help. Might as well line the pockets while I'm here."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:

The battle for Ko-koro raged on, and as time went on it became more and more obvious who was winning this fight. In one particular inn many matoran and other beings were huddled down, hiding from the fight, praying it would be over, that they would be safe. 

A lone Toa, hooded and cloaked in black and armored in dark slate gray with a hint of green sat alone at a table, sipping on his coffee. He'd been sitting there since before the fight started, and hadn't moved from that spot, even when everyone else who couldn't fight or was too cowardly to fight hid behind whatever they could crawl under. After much pleading and assisting that he hide like the rest of them they gave up trying to convince him to do anything, he ignored them completely. 

Suddenly he pushed his chair away from the table, rising. Everyone in the Inn watched him in surprise. He turned to look at them, his eyes impossible to make out, but they could see the slightest hint of a grin on his face. He reached into his cloak...and tossed a small bundle of coins onto the table. "Thanks for the drink." He turned and walked toward the door, leaving the inn without another word. 

He walked the streets of Ko-koro, amidst all the chaos, death and violence. He made no move to join the fray, or to help any stragglers. He made his way through the city, a destination certainly in mind. 

He stopped at the entrance of the Ko-koro prisons, in chaos like the rest of the city. Many of the Sanctum Guards that were normally posted at the prison were not to be found, either they'd left to help defend their city, fled like cowards, or were otherwise about to be dead

He raised a crossbow, firing a bolt at the gates, when the bolt made contact it exploded, as it had been filled with hollowed out and filled with a little something called Stralix Powder. He raised his other arm, also wielding a crossbow, and fired a second shot, hitting the gates again and exploding. The gate was starting to look a bit warped. Finally he unleashed a powerful blast of air, with forced the gates open. 

By now whatever Sanctum Guards that were still defending the prison were rushing to confront him. The Toa had already put his crossbows away, drawing out a machete. "Yo friends of Echelon! Could use some help here." He hollered. "Got some prisoners to free." 

His Kakama activated and he dashed into the center of the court yard. The actual cells were in a lower level. Guards came out of the woodwork, surrounding him, but he didn't seem worried. No he was expecting he'd have help arriving reallllll fast. 

OOC: Any baddies wanna help with some prison breaking? :3

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Karemo): Karemo flew at the prison from another angle, blasting away it as he did so. One fragmentation blast opened a hole in the wall to where Xxeth was fighting, while two more dug down into the earth, throwing up chunks of snow and frozen dirt as he burrowed down towards the prisoners.

IC (Kitano): Kitanio also heard the toa of air's call for assistance, fixing his gaze intently on the courtyard where Xxeth was fighting. He was surrounded, and a ko-matoran was thrusting a spear at his back. Kitano spun on the spot, swinging his kanoka blade in an arc around himself, but cutting through nothing but empty air. Then, halfway through his turn, he activated his mask, teleporting into the courtyard, right behind the matoran. His sword kept moving, slicing through the guard before he had a chance to realise he was being attacked. His body crumpled to the ground in two pieces.

A second later, his two Vako followed him into the courtyard, charging through the guards and scattering them.

ppg2.png

IC: Okay...

"Don't worry about it. Staying knowledgeable is staying alive.

One: I assume the big guy's in charge; he's the one who gave the order, and I don't see anyone else around telling him otherwise.

Two: Wouldn't know; haven't been inside the place since it became total Karz. I imagine dead and wounded lying in the streets is in the city's forecast, with a high chance of decapitation, dismemberment, and/or explosions. I seriously doubt the attackers destroyed the gate and mutilated the guards just to walk through the place and pick some snow-lillies. Now that I think about it though, they do seem insane enough to have done just that.

Three: No idea, though I'm assuming somewhere not here. Nobody told me anything about the destination, so I'm just going to stick with the "follow the people ahead of me plan" and see where I wind up. Beats the Karz out of the "stay here and die" plan.

That cover everything?"

Edited by timageness411
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Raaka

"I imagine dead and wounded lying in the streets is in the city's forecast, with a high chance of decapitation, dismemberment, and/or explosions."

And he thought might be crazy?

"Uh, yeah, thanks," said Raaka, carefully eyeing the... titanic being seemingly filling the entirety of the building.

Stepping inside, Raaka carefully made his way through the frantic beings in the room, approaching the heavily-armoured giant.

"Uh, hey, shorty. You're in charge here?"

Edited by Perpetual Darkness

OOC: Just a heads up Perpetual, everyone (except for the medical staff and the wounded) are actually outside of the hospital (unless there was a time-skip that I wasn't aware of... in which case feel free to completely disregard that part of the OOC post). And that forecast part was Verulas' thoughts on what the invaders were doing to the city. He's not crazy, honest.

IC: "Good. Now you're caught up," Verulas said as he shifted his attention from the Skakdi and refocused it back on the Toa of Crystal. "Now I'll ask again; friend or foe?"

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: Sorry for the late response! I have no excuse aside for procrastination!

IC: Kimala

In the whipping winds of Ko-Koro and the echo of battle, she hadn't heard him clearly the first time. The second time, however, she responded. "Friend of Ko-Koro and of Mata Nui!" Despite the pain in her side, her voice was clear and unwavering. She focused on her tomahawks, the blades rising an inch in their sheathes in preparation to defend, should this group not be on her side.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

I replaced my Lochaber in its sling along my back, replacing it as my active weapon with the longsword Eisen had retrieved for me. Originally, I had assumed we had three objectives upon entering the Sanctum: Kill or capture the guards within, defile it, and then capture the acting leader of the Koro. Now we had a fourth - kill these interlopers who were only finally attempting to stop us.

I advanced through the building, my longer stride and slightly quicker pace bringing me quickly to Eisen, though I would not, as yet, pass him - no doubt there were going to be obstacles placed in our way that would be more easily removed by him, than by myself.

"What is our plan?" I quietly asked the Toa of Iron as I walked by him. "Beyond the obvious idea of search and destroy."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: It's cool, Mj. No worries.

IC: The Toa had made her allegiances clear, causing Verulas to let out a sigh of minor disappointment that could've been mitaken for one of relief as he sheathed his weapons, still keeping his left hand at the hilt of his sword just in case.

Blankets and hot chocolate it was then.

He walked up to her, the sight of her wound becoming clearer and clearer in all of its nasty glory. She had apparently stopped the bleeding using her own powers, effectively corking the wound, but he could still tell from the look in her eyes that she was in some major pain. The gamble was gutsy, and it had paid off at the cost of possibly agrivating the injury further, but it was a split-second decision that probably saved her life.

This earned her some respect.

"Then I have the distinct pleasure of welcoming you to the hospital," he said, stepping aside. "You need a hand getting in?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC:

Things weren't looking good for Nika Draen.

While Echelon's squadron advanced deeper into the halls of the Sanctum, moving closer and closer to whatever refuge Pae and Jin may have found, to where the mercenary could only imagine Korzaa was holed up and preparing for some glorious counterattack, and all the time moving out of his rifle's range, he could hear the distinctive scurrying of Matoran feet on the ground behind him.

All hail the efficiency of the Sanctum Guard, he thought as the beings descended upon him. He didn't even turn to regard them, simply shifted his head so that their forms would be reflected in the glass of his rifle's scope. Just two of them, it would seem, however. Nika's brow furrowed. Evidently, Echelon's attack and done more damage to the ranks of the military than he would have previously assumed.

The two were Ko-Matoran, one male, one female. The male was short and stocky, powerfully built, with a spear in one hand and a short sword at his hip, an ivory Kaukau sunk in a look of exhaustion, skin crinkling around the edges of a black eyepatch. The female, in turn, was taller and leaner, boring a Kadin, her body hardened it would seem by years of exposure to biting winds and harsh storms. Three fingers were gone from one hand, but a dagger was tied to the bracer of that arm, while a heavy club was held tightly in the other. Each had a shield strapped to their back, and neither looked to be in the mood for a discussion.

Neither was Nika.

But, lamentably, fate didn't seem to have such feelings in mind.

"Not with Echelon," the Vortixx said, turning his head slightly so that the pair knew they were being addressed. "Here to help Captain Korzaa, but need assistance to get inside the building."

"Yeah, yeah," the male said. "Put your hands up where we can see them."

"Allies with the Toa of Iron currently holding off attackers," he continued, not bothering to change position. "You'll notice that I haven't fired on Guard. Haven't fired on anybody, in fact. The name's Nika Draen, mercenary, hired to protect Korzaa from harm. Therefore, we have a common interest. If you two care about your village, you will help me enter the citadel before your hesitation costs the captain her life."

"All right," the female said. "But if you make a wrong move, we won't be hesitating to kill you."

Nika rose to his full height. "The sentiment is mirrored. Now, get me inside."

---

The male's name was Borclive; the female's, Rana. The two were sergeants, experienced rangers and warriors of the Sanctum Guard, veterans of countless battles during the Dark Times, and neither expected to survive this confrontation. Neither did Nika, if he was honest with himself.

That was one thing he learned upon encountering the duo. The second was that another Toa of Iron (no relation to Pae, this one was said to be far less physically imposing) had managed to create a small entrance in the gates of the Sanctum, which the Vortixx had somehow overlooked in his first analysis of the structure. An unforgivable error, but now wasn't the time to dwell on it. Not when there was work to be done.

The trio approached the entrance warily, perfectly aware that a man such as Echelon was likely to have laid traps for anyone foolish enough to follow him.

"What's the plan?" Borclive asked, his hands tightening around the shaft of his spear.

Nika brought one hand up to the edge of the hole, cautiously peering into the dark. Nothing.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, 'Don't die'," Rana replied, her bravado marred by the quaver in her voice.

The mercenary shrugged. "Close enough."

He stepped into the Sanctum.

---

Their approach was silent, but Nika still had an unnerving sense that their quarry could hear them. Involuntarily, his hands tightened around the rifle in his hands, much like Borclive's on his spear, and Rana's around the handle of her club.

Echelon's squadron was small, but if their earlier performance was any indication, they were more dangerous than any other opponent Nika had faced before. He could see one massive figure with multiple weapons, who looked no other species the mercenary had ever seen before. There was cloaked Toa with a bizarre mask, whose fighting skills had torn through the defences of the village. There was a female, wreathed in flowers and a swarm of subservient insects. A Vortixx with a feathered claw. A Skakdi wielding firepower beyond what should have been plausible. A Matoran who was obviously about to die at the hands of these attackers. And, of course, Echelon himself, standing tall and poised, ever the leader. There may have been others, but he couldn't see them. Not yet.

In a perfect world, Nika would have attempted to find some kind of cover for himself before attacking. Standing in the middle of a hallway, with only his rifle, his knives, and two Matoran to protect him from (what he could only assume to be) the best warriors of the Makuta's ranks, was hardly something that appealed to him. Unfortunately, the Sanctum provided few spots that could conceal him for any length of time, and the feeling that his presence was already known to them still roiled in his gut.

The trio of defenders flattened themselves against the walls, keeping to the shadows as much as possible. They would see if Echelon's forces had spotted them yet, then see what they could do to keep them busy while Pae and Jin spirited the captain to safety.

What fun, Nika thought.

OOC: Use of NPC guards approved by Visaru. Holding off on an attack until more members of the Nightfall have had a chance to post. I'm not entirely sure what the statuses of the various characters involved are, so if there's anything in this post that needs editing, feel free to let me know.  :)

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Jin)

"I understand that," I said. "And I'm not asking you to give up hope. I'm asking you to keep hope alive by living to fight another day."

IC- Korzaa

"I'd rather keep my city alive," she said dismissively, waving a hand at her companion. He took a step forward, bringing his bladed staff to point at Jin as well. They poked lightly at the Vortixx. "Move back into that room. As a show of trust, all I will do is lock you inside as we deal with the invaders."

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC Londar

"... So this is the last dance, huh? That is, if I'm lucky."

The mercenary got to his feet, facing the seven powerful figures before him. Entering a defensive stance as best he could, he went over the situation. "Odds of victory: 0%. Odds of survival: >15%. Easiest target: possibly the big brute with no powers. Weapon status: spear lost, sword, buckler, and hammer in good condition. Armor check: light armor with slight damage; won't make much of a difference. Final conclusion: fight to the end, find glory in death." Grimacing, he looked at what could possibly be his executioners, remarking: "Knew I'd be going out like this someday. All part of the job."

IC: The Toa Shaydas. 

Yo friends of Echelon! Could use some help here! Got some prisoners to free!" The cry rang out loud and clear in the crisp Ko-Koro air. 

Chavara and her two companions had arrived in the city sometime after the gates had fallen, meaning they'd missed out on most of the action. But that cry, coming from somewhere very close by, promised an opportunity to do something for Makuta's forces after all. 

"Panyk, go!" she ordered, pointing in the direction that the sound had come from.

Without a moment's hesitation, the Toa of Gravity used his Kualsi to teleport up onto a nearby rooftop. 

Onic turned to Chavara. "It seems we'll get to see some action after all." he grinned, his one remaining eye flickering with an eerie red light. 

"Don't get cocky," Chavara replied icily, "we don't know who we're up against yet." 

"You think the idiot will manage to land us on the roof?" Onic replied, gesturing towards Panyk as the brown-armored Toa levitated them upwards. 

"Yes." Chavara replied smugly, after Panyk deposited them safely on the roof. He teleported again, and a moment later, both Onic and Chavara found themselves levitated once more, coming down in the middle of a courtyard with another Toa and a whole lot of very angry looking Sanctum guards. 

"And this is why we don't let the idiot drive." Onic snapped bitterly, readying himself for battle. 

Chavara drew her falchion and stood back to back with the other three members of her team. This was going to be fun. 

OOC: Are there any PC defenders here at the prison, or all NPCs? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Joskander let out a short gasp of pain as laser fire and a heavy shield slammed into his torso, piercing his armor and cutting into the flesh beneath.  The momentum his Kanohi had given him, however, was enough to keep him moving even as his legs faltered, and his injured body continued towards the Skakdi.

OOC: So yeah.  That hurt (a lot, in fact), but he's still moving.  Sorry if I'm stretching things at this point; if it helps, the tackle won't be nearly as strong as it would've been if not for the counterattack.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

OOC: Whoops. Sorry Major. I've only been on BZP for about a month. Please excuse my previous ignorance.

IC: Stubborn too, huh? He was liking her already.

"Yeah, but they're either preparing patients for transport or packing up for evac," he said, sticking with her just in case she passed out in the snow and he had to make good on his offer. "We'll have to free one up to look you over, but otherwise they'll get you patched up. And as long as the prisoners don't escape... again, we shouldn't have any problems getting you inside."

OOC: Silo, assuming Krayzikk doesn't start trying to pound Mortem back into the snowbank he woke up in, Verulas ripped off his cloak and tossed it nearby. It shouldn't be too far from his current position, but whether it's still invisible or not depends on how you designed it.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC (Jin)

"I understand that," I said. "And I'm not asking you to give up hope. I'm asking you to keep hope alive by living to fight another day."

IC- Korzaa

"I'd rather keep my city alive," she said dismissively, waving a hand at her companion. He took a step forward, bringing his bladed staff to point at Jin as well. They poked lightly at the Vortixx. "Move back into that room. As a show of trust, all I will do is lock you inside as we deal with the invaders."

IC (Jin)

Are you serious?

This broad was seriously cramping my style. How boneheaded can you get? How many different ways did she want me to say the same thing before she'd believe me: her city was already dead!

I lifted my hands, letting the tips of their spears gently brush my palms. I'd rather lose a finger than get run straight through the heart, you know?

"If you lock me up, all it's gonna do is keep me safe and sound until Echelon and company decide how they want me to die. Fast or slow. Painful or excruciating - I'm pretty sure painless isn't on the menu. And I'd guess the same goes for you. Your city is already falling, Korzaa, and when the few that remain are forced to watch their Captain beg for death in the village centre, it will never rise again.

"Please. Please listen to me. You only have two choices: run, and live for Ko-Koro, for Nuju, for Matoro... or stay, and die for your pride."

OOC: Silo, I get the point. Posting multiple times, each time bolded, isn't going to do you any good. If I haven't posted for a few days, feel free to PM me. In this case, I started working recently, and I had a busy few days. Haven't exactly had time to post in Ko. :P

That said, this means that this post involves some time manipulation.

IC:

It hadn't taken long to determine that Mortem was unconscious. The complete lack of movement was a pretty clear indicator, and the Titan didn't waste time in taking advantage of it. As the Vortixx slowly returned to consciousness, he found his hands and feet tightly bound, and then, for good measure, both sets bound together behind his back. His spine arched uncomfortably, but it was effective; he truly had no degree of movement available to him, even if his injuries permitted that kind of flexibility.

He also found that he had been divested of all equipment, staff and cloak in particular; equipment currently stowed in the Titan who had bested him's possession. Krayzikk turned to address the being that had approached him, angling his head downwards for a better view. "Hmm? In charge?"

A deep, reverberating chuckle followed that. "Not particularly. That'd be the good doctor. But she's busy, so I suppose I'm the closest to in charge it gets, out here on the defenses."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Sorry about the inconsitencies - needed some more info before I jumped in here. Thanks for the clarification, timageness.

IC: Raaka

Raaka nodded his head backwards, in the direction of Verulas.

"The Toa back there mentioned Ko-Koro being attacked. I'm here to help, and I'd like to know how I can do so."

The Skakdi paused, and considered for a moment.

"Actually, there are a few things I'd like to know, but those questions can be saved for later. Just tell me where you need me and I'll be glad to help."

IC: Verulas stole glances at the Vortixx as he said the bit about escaping prisoners and noticed him tied up in the snow, most likely preparing to unleash his threatening death-stare upon everyone again. It wasn't fearsome by any means (Verulas thought that the look Cancer had given him at their first meeting was more terrifying), and the last two Vortixx he had encountered had gotten him used to their species attacking him, so he expected the violent outbursts. Despite this, he still felt uneasy about him for reasons he couldn't explain.

Yeah, those ropes should totally hold him... until the next secret lunatic pops out from hiding and frees him.

The Titan was tough; he could tank well, and teleportation's always handy. The Skakdi looked like he'd seen action and could handle himself. Verulas was no slouch either. And Kellin and Cancer proved to be an effective team. But those five were the only ones uninjured enough to keep the place safe.

And if more of the Votixx's friends showed up, they were in trouble.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Joskander grunted as he hit the snow.  Again.  Muttering a zhongwen curse learned during one of his earlier travels, he tried to push himself to his knees, only for a jolt of pain from his injured ribcage to cause his arms to give out.

IC:  'Ahkmou', alleyway in Ko-Koro

The matoran turned swiftly as the toa popped into existence, his speed belying the weight of the gear he carried.  The alleyway between the glacier cliff faces had barely enough room for the two to pass; it was nearly a muse and having his name echo softly in it was disconcerting.  The voice was recognizable and instead of firing the patero launcher and wasting another round of limited munitions he lowered the barrel and sighed.  The small toa of electricity looked like she'd been through a fight or two already.  A few bumps and scratches dotted her body, but otherwise nothing serious.  In the city chaos Ishi  imagined a number of situations, all of them bad.  Hopefully Dervish hadn't taken a side publicly yet.   

"It was the coat, wasn't it," Ishi commented slowly, referencing the mangled garment he now used as a makeshift bundle for carrying some of his more recent acquisitions.  It was held on his right shoulder, and the weight seemed to pull him off-balance as he stood.  "Makes no matter, you found me and that's all.  I see you didn't wait at the Academy."  Like I'd told you to lingered unspoken.  He glared at her, then softened his mood and started hustling down the alleyway until they broke into a small courtyard surrounded by huts carved into the icy walls.  No one was around.  

"Inside, go." Ishi pointed with the patero toward the nearest building, a small two-story of modest accommodation if the lack of window-shutters were anything to judge by.

"What's the situation so far?"

IC: Arabeth

Arabeth was a little confused at Ishi's annoyed tone. This was a war, and he-

Oh, never mind.

"The Citadel's broken in, and an army is sieging the front. They just broke the gate. But Ishi, what happened? You look..."

OOC: Ah.

IC: Verulas nodded before jogging up the steps and elbowing the door open, taking a quick look around for any medical staff not busy with the evacuation and found none. On the other hand, he did find a stretcher standing awkwardly in the middle of the lobby.

Perfect. Just perfect.

At least she would be awaiting help more comfortably and out of the cold.

He wheeled it back out the way he came, sliding down the snowy ramp before landing next to the Toa of Crystal once more.

"C'mon, get on. Waiting out here's not going to help. Let me at least take you inside where it's warm while I go medic hunting."

OOC: Anyone know what level the morgue is on btw? Just curious.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: The pastries return...

IC:  'Ahkmou,' Ko-Koro (with Dervish in abandoned civilian quarter)

Ishi finished her sentence as his foot kicked the door close.  "Different?  Oddly off-hue for a po-matoran?  Excellent deduction Detective Dervish, but we've got more important things to worry about. Let's start by not getting blown to pieces or turned into zombies.

"I knew as much about the gate getting here, but the Citadel already being breached is a different matter.  I'll assume that's Echelon's rowdy crew of war mongers, but you sound like you were there?  Anything else you can add to my picture of the situation?  I saw the NM Hospital on the way in, and the Academy seems like its boarding up the gates and getting ready for a siege." His eyes scanned the interior of the dwelling, the sack of equipment dumped on the prominent dining table, the only item of wood in the home.  It was standard architecture, square lines and little decoration all carved out of the glacier's ice.  Pulling back the curtain along one wall revealed an empty bed of furs and an oil lamp hung on the wall by an iron spike.  The small box in the corner of what served as a humble kitchen contained a tiny heat-stone, keeping foodstuffs from freezing.  Ishi greedily helped himself to the closest thing resembling food: a bag of bread sticks.  After a day without food in the Dark Walk the taste was of little concern.  They were stale and the interior cheese tasted near the point of going from delicacy to rotten, but they brought back memories of Ventra and his conversation in Forsi's tavern.  It was amazing how many months the plans had stewed, how long his thumb on Hewkii had remained pressed without release, how true his words still were.  While the war outside raged on he stood freezing in an abandoned home eating someone's leftovers...

“What the karz are you doing here,” Ishi Polzin hissed as he pushed his head under the curtain.  The Ta-Matoran nearly dropped her drink, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him inside the safety of the concealing fabric with a killing glare.  

“Not so loud,” Ventra whispered back, her eyes flickering toward the singers and sailors beyond the curtain.  “And since when do I have to justify getting a drink?  You like karzahni, by the way.  What happened to you coat?”

“I tripped. And are you going to let go of my hand or...”

The informant released as if she had been holding a wood stove.  “Business.  Waiting for someone.”

“Well, I hate to say I didn’t get the memo, again.”

“The island doesn’t revolve around you Hapaka,” she retorted.  “He was supposed to be on the train today.”

Ishi slid the drawstring bag off his shoulder, pushing it between the wooden booth and the stone wall.  “He?  Did he, uh, happen to be a Ta-Matoran like yourself?”

Ventra coughed on her drink, spluttering as an ice cube slid down her throat.  “Why for all the money in the Gentry would I tell you?”

“Well, because a certain someone might want to know why there’s a Ta-matoran laying in the Motara Desert about 150 miles from here.”

The glass slowly returned to the table with an uncomfortable silence.  Ishi ignored the building tension and fiddled with a breadstick.   Taking a bite, the tiny matoran nodded happily as Mahi feta melted into his mouth.  “Mmm, they got the filling inside.  Yum.”

“You killed my contact?”

“Hey,” He reproached, stuffed bread stick pointed at Ventra’s chest; “he came at me first.  Pulled a knife and tried to slice my jugular right open.  Would have been a nasty mess all over the compartment.  You should be happy I’m still here.”  Ishi leaned back into the booth, taking another bite from his stolen blob of baked wheat.  

“I would be happy if my contact was sitting here instead of soaking the sands with his blood like soap on a sponge.  You may not realize this, but this line of work is not a game.  You can’t waltz about as if you’re some omnipotent Great Spirit when you’re -- for Mata-Nui’s sake eat the stupid breadstick or put it down already -- when you’re not.  You’re a nobody, Hapaka.  A nobody.  When you wear your rose, you alter the destiny of this island from the shadows.  Who we are, who we work for --” Ventra stopped, emotion turning her words to furious tears.  Straightening her back, she wiped away what crawled across her kanohi and continued.  “How’d you kill him, huh?  With a Patero Launcher, or did you just shove him off the train the moment he said hello?”

“With his own knife...  Actually."

“Why am I not surprised,” Ventra barbed.  She rolled her eyes and gave a long sigh.  “You killed Poku with his own gun, and now my contact with his own knife.  Is it some sick hobby you have or something?  I mean, really?”

“I’m unarmed.  I simply use my enemy’s strength as their weakness.  And it’s not like I wanted to kill those men,” Ishi countered, elbows resting on the table while he leaned inward to speak with quiet force, dark coat rustling into position.  “I killed them because I like living.  Got it?  Hapaka likes to live just as much as Poku or any other Jack I’ve offed.”

“Jack?”

“Generalization,” Ishi admitted with an animated hand; “there’s been a few Jills.  You’re right though, this is for real.  But real people play games Ventra, they just get into bigger ones as they pretend to grow up.  We are altering the destiny of this island.  Every rose bearer, every guard, every Makuta worshipping sand snipe that’s burrowed themselves bottom up to hide from the apocalypse that is their lost god.  We all affect the course of destiny.  I just want to see what the end looks like so I know if all the time I’ve spent playing is worth my eternity in karzhani when I finally kick the bucket.”  He paused, glaring at Ventra as she stared back in shock.  “I’ve been in this game longer than you.  Spies come and go.  Toa come and go.  Karz, even Makuta comes and goes, well one go after a lot of coming, but Hapaka outlasts them.  He exists because destiny continues to push new fools into the fray, and the fray is where you’ll find me.  I enjoy the big game we play, but in the end I want to win.”

There were no sounds from up the stairwell, but Ishi led the way after his brief snack in silent reminiscence.  He brought the coat-wrapped bundle with him, along with the rest of the gear.  It was a Potter's studio, with a halfway decent view of the courtyard below.  A potter's wheel slowly spinning was the only sign of the matoran who only recently fled the fray.  How long Ishi and Dervish were be safe from the tide of carnage the Informant couldn't say.  

"I told you I'd the makings of a plan after Alloy gave his great martyr speech.  I said I'd get us out of this alive.  Well..."  He paused, letting his arms open wide and giving a little shrug for flair; "this is it.  The plan starts with visiting Ambages the architect.  I doubt he's home at this hour or in this chaos, but that's only going to make our lives easier.  Let's just say I have a certain interest in seeing his house without him present, now... while the rest of the village is being ripped to pieces.  You in?" 

Or should I just kill you now?  The words hung in the air unspoken as he gazed at the mercenary.

Edited by Kughii

IC: Arabeth

Arabeth cursed as she grabbed Ishi away from the breadsticks.

"Ishi, cut the ######. What happened to your fingers?" She stared down Ishi. Her stare met Ishi's hungry and angry look.

After a few secinds, she let him go. He gave Arabeth a curious look.

"If you don't want to talk about it, fine. If you must know, I was there at the Citadel, and just escaped," Arabeth said as she observed Ishi turn back and start to ravenously devour the leftovers.

"I guess I'm in. I've always wanted to break into a rich man's home."

• Upvote 1

IC: Ten guards surrounded the Makuta followers within the prison courtyard. A pair of Vortixx loomed over the rest, carrying sharp rahkshi staffs and looking very keen to use them. A trio of Skakdi backed them up, each one bringing up a zamor launcher and carefully aiming it at one of the Dark Toa. Two Toa were also present, their weapons crackling with elemental energy, and the squad of ten was rounded out by three matoran, armed with ice picks and throwing disks.

"ATTACK!" One of the matoran commanded, and the guards sprang into action. The beige-armoured Toa of stone ran to engage Xxeth with calix-enhanced speed and swung his hammer at the Makuta-follower's chest, while the white-armoured Toa with shocks of electric blue running down her body tossed an arc of electricity towards Kitano. The three matoran followed after their Toa, hanging back and looking for a good opportunity to use their disks.

The three Skakdi moved in on the Toa Shaydas, each firing a zamor that would slow, weaken or disorient its target. Sticking close together the three also joined their wills to access each one's elemental power. One Skakdi caused the ice around the toas' feet to rise up and attempt to encase them, preventing them from moving away. Another rose into the air on his power of gravity, while the third absorbed all sound from around the three, stopping verbal communication between the team and disrupting their ability to coordinate.

The two Vortixx, meanwhile, were growing taller, hunching over and growing extra spines as their parakuka activated. Their eyes turned red, and the transformation was complete. Together, they set about cornering the two vako that Kitano had brought into the courtyard with him. The rahi's speed would ordinarily have made this impossible, but with the help of their slugs, the guards had gained speed and strength to match them.

ppg2.png

OOC: Was not expecting that. This will be fun. 

IC: The Toa Shaydas.

Blowing apart the Zamor flying towards her with a fireball, Chavara felt the ice creeping over her feet. She tried to shout an order to her two comrades, but found no sound came out. She saw Onic hit by one of the Zamors, and Panyk take a hit from the other. 

Onic stumbled, feeling the effects of the weakness Zamor for only a few moments before activating his Pakari, bringing himself back to his original strength. He felt the ice snagging at his feet, and struck out with his earth powers, punching the ground and generating a miniature earthquake that rocked the courtyard, shattering the ice trapping his team's feet in the same instant. 

Panyk, stunned by the effects of the disorientation Zamor, felt his feet freed, and lashed out blindly with his gravity powers, reducing gravity's effect of everyone nearby, including his teammates. 

Floating into the air, Chavara smiled, pointed her falchion at the gravity Skakdi and fired a stream of red-hot flame right towards their chest. 

OOC: Okay, the earth tremor will effect pretty much everyone, but the gravity reduction is centered around the Toa Shaydas and their skakdi opponents  I don't know the exact layout of the courtyard, or how close everyone is to each other, so I'll leave it to the rest of you to decide if you want the gravity to impact your and/or your opponents or not. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Londar

"... So this is the last dance, huh? That is, if I'm lucky."

The mercenary got to his feet, facing the seven powerful figures before him. Entering a defensive stance as best he could, he went over the situation. "Odds of victory: 0%. Odds of survival: >15%. Easiest target: possibly the big brute with no powers. Weapon status: spear lost, sword, buckler, and hammer in good condition. Armor check: light armor with slight damage; won't make much of a difference. Final conclusion: fight to the end, find glory in death." Grimacing, he looked at what could possibly be his executioners, remarking: "Knew I'd be going out like this someday. All part of the job."

IC (Echelon)

"'Going out'?" Echelon repeated. "No, Matoran. Today is not your day to die. People such as you should be witness to the new prophecy."

With a flick of his wrist, Echelon magnetised Londar's arms and forced them behind his back so that the Matoran's hands met. The Dark Toa nodded to Eisen, who raised a hand and created cuffs of solid metal around their new prisoner's wrists.

Meanwhile, Nika and his Sanctum Guard allies were advancing silently down the hallway. Their stealth was sufficient that they would likely have caught the Nightfall unawares—had the sound of Jalkron landing not caught Echelon's ears.

The Dark Toa turned immediately at the noise, and his keen eyes picked out two Ko-Matoran in the shadows plus a crude barricade of iron that obviously sheltered at least one additional being.

"Eisen, Rorg, Karnakie," he rattled off the names in quick succession. "Deal with these intruders. Then find Captain Korzaa, and bring her to me."

He turned back to the other three: Kohra, Agrona and her pet Toa.

"With me," he instructed them. "We will continue as planned."

The Dark Toa levitated quickly forwards, heading towards the Sanctum proper: the vaulted hall that housed the Wall of Prophecy, renamed by the late Akiri Matoro as his 'Throne Room'. Londar found himself lifted into the air by invisible forces, and carried alongside Echelon.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png