BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I don't know." The Menti answered simply, permitting the blades to dissipate. She gestured to his weapons idly as she explained; "We don't really have metal. Not much, at least. There's only one fully metal blade in the entire Empire, and metal in any form is extremely expensive. Far above what someone like me could afford."

"We mostly use crystal. It holds up to Soulswords for a while, but any prolonged contact will destroy them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Lots of crystal but little metal, only enough for a singular sword? Forgive me Miss Sinshi, but that sounded more than a bit backwards. A single Toa of Iron would wreck your economy. I bet some of your peers are already getting ideas.

"Well, I hope we don't have to find out. It's a fair bit cheaper here, as you can tell by some random guy like myself having two blades. Typically you only see Toa of Crystal using crystal blades."

Two blades and a motherload of big arrowheads. And the bow. Believe it or not, I could actually work the thing. Must be forgiving stuff. A small part of me realized that if I went back with them, I'd be filthy rich from just my weapons alone. That was quickly shot down by my ever-present moral compass, which presented an alternative idea.

"...Would you maybe like one made? We can probably find a good smith somewhere."

I figured that would be a nice gesture from one culture to another. My wallet was willing to take the hit for that, at least. I'd just have to catch nicer fish or something.

No big deal.

helo frens

IC:

"I couldn't ask that." Sinshi responded, scarcely missing a beat. She gestured towards the rapier sheathed at her side, using one hand to draw the crystalline blade an inch from its sheath. "This serves me well enough. And while I know metal isn't uncommon for you here, I would suspect it is similar to crystal for us. And I know that having a blade made for us is not an inexpensive commission."

"Besides, someone of my station should not have such a blade."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Yeah, but I can handle it well enough. I'll just have to earn the money back like I did for these. So at the end of the day, it isn--"

Hold on. Back up a bit, there. What was that she just said? A blade like that not belonging to someone of her station? My eyes narrowed in confusion, ending up squinting in a bit of an odd manner at the lady in front of me. She'd have some explaining to do.

"Wait, why's that? If it's available for cheap... well, free, as a gift no less, why shouldn't you have it? You're a warrior, aren't you Miss Sinshi? A metal blade'll be a lot more reliable in the long run than crystal, provided you take care of it. I don't see what station has to do with this. If you can get your hands on it and it serves you well, why should your station matter?"

Wait. If metal was rare, doesn't that mean it would be a status symbol to wear a steel blade as opposed to a crystal one? Would it really shake things up that badly if she brought a good sword home to use when she needed something like it?

I still didn't get it. I couldn't wrap my mind around it, that was just a weird concept to me. Forgive my ignorance, Miss Sinshi, for I know not where I do wrong.

helo frens

IC:

"My people," The Soulsword began, picking her words carefully. "Place great weight upon order. This extends very much into our social existence. We are divided into castes, but even within those there is a degree of variability. Our only blade of steel is the badge of office for Umbraline Rayuke, the Imperial Executioner. Not even Her Majesty the Rora has access to a blade of metal, though she has access to the finest weapons money can buy."

"For me to return with a metal blade would be both to return with economic sway greater than I have earned, but it would... Not reflect well. For a common Menti of the Rora's own clan to own such a weapon when she herself does not would be... Impolite." A pause, as she pondered her words. "I do not know how this would go over, to be perfectly honest."

"We have not had such contact with outside resources before."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: So the Executioner and she have the same name. I wondered if "Umbraline" is a common one there. To be honest, it seemed kind of flowery for a first name to me. But then again, there wasn't much that didn't, at least when compared to "Tarkus". My parents sure missed the mark with giving me a name like that, it should belong to some huge guy, with strength rivaling a Pakari's, and who wields a greatsword in one hand and a tower shield in the other, or something. Not exactly a guy like me. I'm wiry at best.

Once I got my thoughts on that out of my system, I tried to consider everything else she'd said. 

"Even if you explained the situation, you think it still wouldn't work? That's..."

Stupid. Dumb. Completely idiotic. It's not her fault the queen bee of the nation didn't end up going. If she gets punished for that, that'd just be petty and selfish! Accepting a gift from someone who wants to give it's frowned upon just because it's a metallic weapon? That's ridiculous, she'd have done nothing wrong! If this Rora schnob wants one, she can come over and get it herself. Holding that over Miss Sinshi's--Miss Umbraline Sinshi's head, receiving the goodwill of another is... is...

"...pretty difficult. And annoying. You're sure about that?"

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

OOC: Easy solution: blades shopping spree!

IC: Casanuva squinted in thought as his waffled from side to side. "I don't think her title is literally princess, but she's the heiress to their 'Vilda' clan, at least." The Fa-Toa smirked. "Certainly looks the part, at least."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"I don't really know." Sinshi admitted, looking a little dissatisfied by her own answer. "Nothing like this has ever really been done before. Daijuno'll probably bring back as much as she can, Soraya too, but they're merchants. It's expected."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"So they get a free pass, because they sell things and are going to get rich off of it, while you don't, even though you'd be served well by it because you fight things, and it could be the difference between your life and death."

I said it as evenly and levelly as I could manage, still having trouble comprehending it. I know the impressions I've given thus far might have you believe otherwise, but even I had a problem with something like this. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't about to say all that about being normal was a lie. I am. But this wasn't normal, that was just... 

Well, I've already said my piece on it. I won't be boring and repeat myself.

"I'll be honest. I don't get that line of thinking at all. It doesn't make sense."

Me and my big mouth were going to get ourselves in trouble one of these days. That is, if we hadn't just done that then.

helo frens

IC:

"They have a bad lot in life to begin with." The Menti noted, though she made no real effort to correct his statements. Mostly because, much to her displeasure, she couldn't. The oddities of her culture were already apparent to her, so she had no real defense to give.

".. Unfortunately it doesn't make much sense. It's how our society functions, whether I like it or not. The Saihoko watch out for the nobles, the Dashi keep their head down, the Menti live in the hopes their efforts will be rewarded, and the nobles pass down their titles to their children. The First Sons live in their gilded cages, and everybody else deals with everybody else."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Whether I like it or not", huh? It was pretty easy to tell which, from my viewpoint. I folded my arms and furrowed my brow. I was beginning to ponder the idea of forcing her to take one just to spite that system. But, I had to admit, understanding it in better detail would help whether I did, or not. I mean, I have to admit, the former'd probably be a tiny bit out of character for me.

Okay. Let's take things one at a time, starting with the top.

"Saihoko?"

A simple one-word question worked the best, reminding her that I had no clue what that was, being an island bumpkin.

"Do either of you want to sit down? I'm fine with moving, and you've been standing there for a while."

helo frens

IC:

"Merchant class. Dashi are farmers and other laborers, Ringti are our artisans and inventors, Menti our warriors, Toroshu are the leaders of our clans, and the Rora is the Empress." Sinshi listed, clasping her hands behind her back once more.

"I am fine with standing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Well, that knocked most of them out in one shot. I got the sense that no matter how much I pressed, she would stay standing, so I didn't. Instead I just went straight onto the last one taking a moment to address what'd been bothering me until I could bear it no longer.

"Really, you don't need to stand at attention like that, I'm not some commanding officer. Okay, back on track... First Sons? What are those, besides the obvious?"

I didn't need her to explain to me that First Sons were the first male children of a generation. I'd have to be dumb as a brick to not piece that one together, and I prefer to believe I'm certainly not. What reason could this strange, messed up culture have for pampering guys? Did it have some connection to the largely female makeup of the sub's crew?

I'd guess so.

helo frens

IC:

"Males are exceedingly rare in my homeland. The male that best embodies a clan's ideals becomes its First Son, and is given the best training available. They are often used in political marriages." The Menti attempted to relax her posture, unclasping her hands and loosening her stance.

She was somewhat successful.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Ding ding ding. The brain had been doing solid work all throughout this conversation. That made a lot of sense, and it could have also explained why she was so rigid with me.

On that subject, her trying to relax, and force herself out of said rigidity?

I won't lie. It was pretty cute. I didn't dare say that to her face, though, that'd be way out of the blue and not within proper etiquette at all. Bumpkin far as far removed from one of those "First Sons" I may be, but I still had common sense and courtesy as my one-two-punch against being weird.

"That explains a lot. I guess the normal guys like me are mostly in the same boat as you?"

That is, if normal guys like me even existed there. Who knew what sort of weird things she'd say next? I certainly didn't.

helo frens

IC:

"The scholars estimate that there exists one male for every forty females. Many males are First Sons, and those that are not still usually occupy higher statuses. Warriors, often, though they are still useful for political marriages."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: 

So that was effectively a no. They don't exist after all. I saluted all who tried to, may Mata Nui guide their souls to peace.

"One to Fourty? That's crazy. I'm not sure I could imagine what it's like there. Being put up on a pedastal like that..."

It all sounded exhausting. I figured I'd much rather live here where being normal WAS a thing. At least then I had the choice, right? It sounded to me as if being born male meant that you were already part of the upper class, no way around it. Garunteed high status...

"I won't speak for every guy, but it might turn someone like me into an insufferable ponce. I'd rather be where I am right now, and still have a sense of humility."

The words were just sort of coming out now. I hoped I didn't just misspeak and say something really offensive, my opinion on how that culture worked aside.

helo frens

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

"No idea what that means..." Wisp admitted. 

"Well, since you've already said goodbye to your "princess" I guess we can set off?" Mirra half-asked, half-demanded. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Many of them are insufferable. Present company excluded." Sinshi admitted, glancing at Mako almost apologetically. "Being born into such a life makes many First Sons feel entitled, as though by their status they own the world."

"But being common... It isn't a good thing. You may appreciate what you have, but you have little. To be one Menti is to be inconsequential in the Empire. Execution of a Saihoko for touching or improperly treating a noble is permissible. If you are common, and remain such, you will never have a family. You will live and die as insignificant as the day you were born, and the nobles you serve... They won't bother to know your name. They may be weaker than you, of mind or of body, but they will always be your better because their bloodline is superior." The Menti paused, acutely aware of how much she'd said. By this point, she supposed, she might as well finish her thought.

"To be born common is to have an uphill climb in pursuit of what others were born with."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Nekka

"Ah... yes, I'm not like the other Skakdi at all. Well, not anymore at least."

Nekka sighed to herself; her smile was slowly fading as her eyes welled up with tears. Bad memories were getting to her. She was never the most murderous Skakdi there was, but to say she hadn't done her part was inaccurate.

"I've done things I'm not proud of. In fact, I often cry about what I've done."

She then stop walking. Then she broke down in tears as she fell on the ground. Her hands covered her face. The face of a Skakdi. The face of a race she detested with all her heart.

"I hate who I am!" She screamed as she got up and used her laser vision at the water, which subsequently splashed violently in response.

She fell back down to the ground, sobbing quietly.

OOC: Clarifying my stance on interaction. I'm quite open for it, especially for this violent (and emotional) scene.

IC: Ashala

Ashala was surprised by the outburst and then Nekka's break down. She handnt been excepting it. She bent down and pulled Nekka into a hug.

"Shh." She said soothingly. "Don't hate what you are, hate what you used to be. It's not your race that defines you but your actions. You need to let it go, we do things we detest, we all make mistakes but you can't confine to torture yourself inside for what you did before." Ashala said.

Nekka slowly got up as Ashala comforted her. "I'm sorry about that outburst." Nekka said calmly. "I really am; that was a bit uncalled for."

I can't believe I did that, especially in front of someone. Nekka thought to herself.

"I've not been having a great time recently. I've become self-conscious about myself, and as unfortunate as that sounds, it's true. I really hope to turn a new leaf and make something out of myself." Nekka said as her smile was slowly coming back. "You're right, it's not my race, it's my actions that define me, and I hope I can make myself known in a more positive light."

Nekka's smile had slowly returned as she got up and started following Ashala. "Now, where were we?"

Ashala got up and then skipped backwards through the sand, "Well maybe I can help with that," the healer said playfully. "Get you having some fun, get your mind off your thoughts and find a way to prove to yourself you're worth something."

IC: Nekka

"That'd be great!  I've been thinking about myself too much, I suppose it's time to just let it all go and have some fun!"  Nekka said in agreement to Ashala's suggestion.  Nekka's smile grew a bit more.  "So, what can we do?"

"How does a bonfire sound and some dancing?" Ashala smiled, as she suddenly had an idea.

IC: Mirra and Wisp.

Mirra let out a sigh of relief. It would feel good to finally get out of this city. 

"Lead on," Wisp gestured," this is your quest, after all." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

That was the fact of the matter, I knew deep down. The cold, hard truth of that world she'd come from. The more she spoke, the less I liked. Normality was one thing. Servitude? Waiting on people hand and foot who see you as a tool, and not a person? Sickening. I definitely preferred it here, no question about it.

But I found myself searching for an answer to that statement. Something to respond with. Anything.

I did, after some time.

"What kind of backwards junk is that? It's not like I care, or that it should matter whether or not I'm talking to 'a Sinshi', I'm talking to you. It's you who defines you, not your family. Anyone could tell you that. You should be judged through the merit of what you are, who you are, not whatever the karz your family name might have behind it. And the cherry on top, let me guess right here, is that there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, huh?"

I never said it was pretty, or tolerant, but it was what I believed and felt. And I had a good feeling that, based off of what I'd learned in this conversation with her, that she'd be inclined to agree.

Just made the whole thing even worse.

helo frens

Nekka sighed to herself; her smile was slowly fading as her eyes welled up with tears. Bad memories were getting to her. She was never the most murderous Skakdi there was, but to say she hadn't done her part was inaccurate.

She then stop walking. Then she broke down in tears as she fell on the ground. Her hands covered her face. The face of a Skakdi. The face of a race she detested with all her heart.

"I hate who I am!" She screamed as she got up and used her laser vision at the water, which subsequently splashed violently in response.

OOC: Clarifying my stance on interaction. I'm quite open for it, especially for this violent (and emotional) scene.

Ashala was surprised by the outburst and then Nekka's break down. She handnt been excepting it. She bent down and pulled Nekka into a hug.

"Shh." She said soothingly. "Don't hate what you are, hate what you used to be. It's not your race that defines you but your actions. You need to let it go, we do things we detest, we all make mistakes but you can't confine to torture yourself inside for what you did before." Ashala said.

Nekka slowly got up as Ashala comforted her. "I'm sorry about that outburst." Nekka said calmly. "I really am; that was a bit uncalled for."

I can't believe I did that, especially in front of someone. Nekka thought to herself.

"I've not been having a great time recently. I've become self-conscious about myself, and as unfortunate as that sounds, it's true. I really hope to turn a new leaf and make something out of myself." Nekka said as her smile was slowly coming back. "You're right, it's not my race, it's my actions that define me, and I hope I can make myself known in a more positive light."

Nekka's smile had slowly returned as she got up and started following Ashala. "Now, where were we?"

Ashala got up and then skipped backwards through the sand, "Well maybe I can help with that," the healer said playfully. "Get you having some fun, get your mind off your thoughts and find a way to prove to yourself you're worth something."

"That'd be great!  I've been thinking about myself too much, I suppose it's time to just let it all go and have some fun!"  Nekka said in agreement to Ashala's suggestion.  Nekka's smile grew a bit more.  "So, what can we do?"

"How does a bonfire sound and some dancing?" Ashala smiled, as she suddenly had an idea.

"A bonfire you say?  Well... okay." Nekka replied, sounding a bit nervous.

"But I'm a bit afraid of fire you see; I've once gotten a pretty bad burn before.  I'm fine with a little ember, though.  As long as it doesn't get too outta control."

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

IC: Casanuva swung his arms behind him. "Well, let's get going then!"

Nobody moved for a few seconds. Kalyss raised an eyebrow.

Casanuva's eyes widened. "Oh! Right. I'm the one who's actually been there. Follow me, I guess."

As they stepped out of the gate, Casanuva breathed deeply. He had been attack on two out of three of his inter-Koro treks before. Time to focus. He looked back at Ga-Koro as he walked along the coast to the south; he could almost see the submarine. He smiled slightly to himself, and turned again. I'll be back.

This was the first time in a while that Vakua would be leaving Ga-Koro; the first time going to another, certainly. He remained wary, but tried to remain cautiously optimistic. He would miss the life he was making for himself in Ga-Koro, but he was among his friends, which was the most anyone could ask for.

Kalyss was making calculations. She had packed a small bag, finding the most unintrusive, sleek, and aerodynamic one she could find. The map she had bought was stashed away in there. She had to be wary; her precautions weren't just paranoid measures, there was at least one very strong, very skilled person out there... hunting them. She prayed that Mata Nui would give her the strength to confront Skorm, should he attack them again.

OOC: Casanuva, Kalyss, and Vakua to Ta-Wahi. When Smary35 gets back on, I guess we'll retcon that Vesun is with our little group, if he still wants to.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Wisp and Mirra

"What did we get ourselves into this time?" Mirra sighed.

"Let's find out, shall we?" Wisp suggested, following after the three Toa Kalta. 

OOC: Wisp and Mirra back home to Ta-Koro. 

IC Solvi

She had been listening to the native ba-toa speak with two of the foreigners for several minutes now. It had proved a fair more reliable source of information than random civilians had. The "Dasaka" as they were known had arrived mere hours ago, but the tall tales had already reached absurdity. All one had to do to see the truth was look at them. No firebreathing or winged flight was taking place

The talk of their culture disgusted her, sycophants, weaklings and pity had no place in this world

"To be born common is to have an uphill climb in pursuit of what others were born with"

Her final comment reeked of pity seeking weakness, with nary a twinge of awkwardness or good social taste she marched to the ensemble and joined their conversation to make her opinion heard

"Someone that lacks the strength to throw down their 'oppressors' deserves nothing, least of all freedom. If a leader has the strength of will to rule with an iron fist than they are just and right. If the commoner's cause was greater than the ruler's, they wouldn't find themselves as the pigs groveling for scraps"

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

OOC: Sorry, got distracted by winter break. Back now.

IC: Vesun

Vesun had been silently watching the events around the gate, nodding to the Toa Kalta as they arrived. He stood up and followed them towards Ta-Koro.

OOC: Vesun to Ta-Wahi, following the Toa Kalta.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC-Aurorin

As predicted, Aurorin was the first one into Ga-Koro, and as he was doing the moment he stepped down from the foothills, he was taking his time inspecting everything. "These plants! They're so green and flexible, and aren't clinging to rocks like the Lichen back home! These roads! they're soft and springy, like they're made out of paper! This water! It's so crystal clear I think i can make out the seafloor! Hey, guys! There's some people over there! how about we say hello?" and so on...

OOC

"What's this? What's this? there's colour everywhere..."

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

"That'd be great! I've been thinking about myself too much, I suppose it's time to just let it all go and have some fun!" Nekka said in agreement to Ashala's suggestion. Nekka's smile grew a bit more. "So, what can we do?"

"A bonfire you say? Well... okay." Nekka replied, sounding a bit nervous.

"But I'm a bit afraid of fire you see; I've once gotten a pretty bad burn before. I'm fine with a little ember, though. As long as it doesn't get too outta control."

"Don't worry," she winked at Nekka. "If the fire gets out of hand I'll douse it with some water and boom no more Fire. It might help you some to face one of your fears anyway."

OOC: Starting singing, and Razsk will blow your eardrums. :P

IC: Razsk

Aurorin was still gawking at anything that was even the slightest bit nicer than it was in Ko, which was just about everything at the moment.  It was kind of hilarious.  "Aurorin, calm down," Razsk called, grinning.  "If you looked up the definition for the word 'tourist' right now, there would be a picture of you next to it."

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

I'd been sitting nearby, watching Sinshi explain her culture to the curious Toa, chipping in with a nod or a grunt now and then to show I agreed.

Then a large Toa came by, dropping a bombshell bigger than any I could ever have come up with in the name of deliberately trying to cause a diplomatic incident.

"Someone that lacks the strength to throw down their 'oppressors' deserves nothing, least of all freedom. If a leader has the strength of will to rule with an iron fist than they are just and right. If the commoner's cause was greater than the ruler's, they wouldn't find themselves as the pigs groveling for scraps"

But no, this was a lot more than that, this was someone talking about something she knew nothing about.

Now I'm not gonna pretend I'm much of a speaker (even Kama has me beat on that front), but I had something to say.

I got up, and looked the Toa dead in the eyes.

"See, the really nasty thing about fighting the power is that more than often enough, you're not going to get anything for it. I tried, several times. I tried to be with the one I loved, I tried to live my own life when no one was looking, and what do I have to show for it?"

I said it dead seriously, not an ounce of folly or joy in my voice

“I know what you’re going to say: I should’ve done it anyway because it’d be weak to lie down and take it. Sure, there’s a certain Honor in fighting a losing battle for something you claim to stand for, but there’s only fleeting Power in that, a lie that you tell yourself, and there’s no Order at all. You can’t sustain a true cause on Honor alone, just like you can’t claim the right to rule just because of your Power, you have to keep Honor and Order as well. A ruler with an Iron Fist is a ruler with Power and Order, but no Honor, and because of that, she’ll fall. A lone resistance fighter has only Honor, many resistance fighters have Power and Honor, but not Order.”

"Don't presume to know what we deserve!"

Edited by Rucks

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

I felt my eyes bug and my mouth gawk as my words caught in my throat, stopped short by this newcomer's. What the karz? Why would anyone say that? Thinking that would be one thing, and anyone's free to, but saying it out loud in the presence of these two? Who could possibly--

I turned my head. Supersize me!

No, that wasn't commentary on her ample bosom, either, though I filed it away for later use in that context. I meant it entirely literally. This woman, everything about her made me feel small. Inconsequential. Like I was standing before a queen. No, not a queen, a conqueror. Who was this strikingly cold, strikingly beautiful in a way you would take forever to recognize, especially if she was staring right at you with those merciless eyes under those large brows, woman Alexander the Great?

And moreover, why, of all the conversations to butt in on, had she chosen mine? Go spout your black-and-white rhetoric nonsense somewhere where there isn't a diplomatic incident to be made from it! This conversation didn't need that, what could a bunch of merchants and farmers do against soldiers? Sure, wars are won by numbers, but didn't having the military at their side still turn the odds towards the oppressive regime? Ma'am, whoever you are, striking now would be dumb, and would only get Miss Sinshi killed. Even if she did foster ideas of revolution, it'd need time and planning if they didn't want it to go straight to karz.

Surely even this person could see that point.

helo frens

IC:

"Might makes right."

The Umbraline Menti was surprisingly calm, at least in appearance. Her posture was once more rigidly militaristic as she regarded the approaching Po-Toa. Physically the other being was smaller, but the force of her will made her seem larger than she was. It was a presence not unlike the Empire's Battlemasters, though Sinshi did not balk before it. On the mental plane her forcibly contained anger radiated off of her like steam, wisps of red-hot rage that threatened to overflow their bounds.

"That is what you preach, is it not? That she who has the force to preside over others is just, regardless of the policies enforced?"  Her grip on her own hands tightened. "I do not think you know of what you speak, Toa. To overthrow society's rules is to incite clan wars the likes of which have not been seen in generations. It serves its purpose, but it does not justify the execution and subjugation of its subjects."

"I think, Toa," At this point her voice became dangerously quiet. "That you do not understand the balance of power where I come from. And perhaps most importantly, I think you mistake my place in society for weakness."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: This was going from bad to worse fast. I'd make it up to Miss Sinshi later somehow, I promised both her and myself that. But first, I needed to get us all out of this mess.

So I did, and I won't call it a smart idea (though I do consider myself smart in general), the first thing my mind came up with, and wedged myself between the two women, looking each straight in the eyes.

"That's enough of that. Miss Sinshi, calm down. Getting into a fight now just screws everyone here over."

I knew it wasn't my place to be ordering a warrior like her around, and I really would have to owe her something if she listened, but this was getting dangerous. Why was it that I had to be the reasonable one between two military, or at least military-esque women? One of them is on a diplomatic envoy to a new land, for Artahka's sake! Speaking of, who could I pray to to get out of this mess? Mata-Nui? Artahka? Lhii? Chakravartin?

Anyone would do. Just please, resolve this situation! This was all I could think of!

helo frens

IC (Tazera)

Taz dutifully followed Ayiwah and the 'Leah' Toa into the hut. She stood at attention at the Commodore's side.

She didn't answer the Toa's question, and she wouldn't unless she was personally asked. It wasn't her place to do so.

IC (Dakte)

Dakte, meanwhile, had hesitated at the hut's threshold. Before him, inside the dwelling, lay the negotiation proper—but behind, he heard Sinshi and Mako speaking with two of the islanders. After a little consideration, he'd decided that the former would be more valuable to attend, and was just about to enter when he heard the old man speak.

"See, the really nasty thing about fighting the power is that more than often enough, you're not going to get anything for it. I tried, several times. I tried to be with the one I loved, I tried to live my own life when no one was looking, and what do I have to show for it?"

He felt Mako's words tug at his heartstrings, and for a moment he couldn't even move. Then, slowly, he took a deep breath to regain his composure and turned to approach the group of four. Tensions were clearly rising, and he felt his presence might help—whichever way things swung.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Asa

Having no traveling partner, Asa fidgeted near the hut where the leaders of the expedition and the Koro's leaders were talking. All this talk of politics was going over hr head, so she had no reason to be here. "Hm..."

Two of her companions (Sinshi, Mako) was gathering around two of the locals, while Daijuno was conversing with one of the sailors that had greeted them. After some time, she chose to approach the latter; as much as she hated it, the upperclasswomen intimidated her; she'd be more comfortable with somebody closer to her level.