BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kadon

"Really? Huh... why would his book suddenly get terrible? Maybe he ran out of ideas..." I sighed and started back to camp, leaving the book where it lay. Whatever. I was getting hungry.

"Let's go! It's about time we got out of here anyway. It's hot and muggy and muddy and full of plants and bugs and.." I continued grumbling about everything wrong with the jungle, feeling thoroughly disgruntled. Not only did my head ache, now I felt depressed.

Ic:

"Gather and hear the tale of the Great Spirit and his creation, in which a friend of Mata Nui, a Toa of Fire and a Gatekeeper, was absolved of his existence here in this world and placed into the realm of legends until called forth from it. So I, Stannis Maru, say, and so transpired the legend."

Joske Nimil's body seemed to crush into itself in a burst of light as it faded from reality and was catapulted into another world.

The Toa of Fire existed on the jungle floor without warning and startled a flock of fishing birds that were probing the swamp for a morsel with his stochastic appearance.

He looked around and took the surroundings in. Foliage was all around him spiraling in all directions and columned up towards the distant sunshine. Fauna thrived from every side in a cacophonous orgy of life and the unfiltered din overwhelmed his senses and he had to cup his ears until he adjusted to the rush, then gradually came to.

His mind flashed through all the possibilities. Despite the confusing environment around him he was able to maintain focus on the matter at hand, so as his mind came to he whirred about what happened. A single moment earlier the toa was walking down a nearby street on a faraway land, then he was whisked away into the jungle of Mata Nui.

At least, he guessed it was Mata Nui; the sounds and sights told him that between the eponymous fishing bird, the wafting of song from the canopy and the marsh underfoot. It had been a long time since he visited the island -- a long time -- and when he did it was through a very different path. Obviously, being on Mata Nui was not on his daily to-do list and he had no idea how he got to be on the island, but since he was there he opted to do the only thing he knew to do there: Protocol, no matter how long it had been.

He turned his ears to the sound of music and followed their direction towards what he rightly assumed to be Le-Koro. From there he would speak with Turaga Matau and go from there.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Drome

"Yeah, probably just couldn't figure out a good way to end the story. If I wrote something, I'd probably end it like that... only with an explosion of some sort, so the deaths don't feel so... pointless." I noticed that Kadon was heading in the direction of our camp, and decided to follow him. We had been fighting for longer than I had expected.

While Kadon whined about how jungle-like the jungle was, I was busy with my own thoughts. I had gotten my book back in the end, that meant that I could chalk this up as another victory. It seemed like my winning streak was never going to end. Poor, pathetic, miserable Kadon. He could never win anything. The jungle-yness of the jungle didn't bother me, my mood was powered by victory. "Yeah, this place is too much like a jungle."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Well, despite the ending of the book (or, more accurately, because of it) I'd won the fight. My brilliant plan had crushed Drome's fighting spirit, leaving me the victor.... or something like that. Either way, I definitely won that one.

"An explosion would have helped, yeah. And yes, the jungle is like the jungle. How astounding." My eyes rolled skyward, and I briefly wondered how Drome managed to stumble through life with such a horrible sense of humor and so little wit. Oh, yeah. He had me.

"So, do we want to head to Le-Koro or get the Karz out of here? I'm in favor of the latter."

IC: Aurora

I had already had enough of this place. The muaka/toa on the left never shut up. I mean, never. He would growl, and meow (or do something like meowing), and his when I got close to his side of the bars, he would make a hissing sound. He would only shut the up when he got his food. Always meat. When he got any kind of vegetable, he would jump out at the guards, ferociously attacking the slot that had given him his food. To dumb to know what was actually giving him his food, he sometime would pounce on the slot, just as the food came out.

My thought came to a stop. He was here.

"You should stop coming here, you know I can't do it here."

Oops. I said that out loud.

Now now Aurora, you know what happens when we think things out loud.

They wouldn't understand, they don't think in a way that they could.

Given time they can.

People don't change...

...Your environment does.

I stared at the, the thing's, the smudge's... What was the black ghost? Was is shadow concentrated to one point? Or was it some kind of block-like worm that emitted shadow? I would have to try and..

Again my thoughts were interrupted. The shadow passed through the bars.

Your lucky that they can't see me. They would kill you.

Your lucky you are not made of matter, or I would kill you.

You would try.

What do you want to accomplish here, lower my moral?

If I just wanted to do that then I would just reference the fact that they never forgave you.

I hate you.

I love you. But they will never forgive.

And you have forced me to never forget.

Someone else has disturbed the balance, someone new. He is next.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC:

"Joske?" I asked, the edge fading from my voice and being replaced with concern. Stannis Maru knew something about the kid and felt like sharing. We had been and still were two members short after leaving the cave. I had wanted to find Joske and Merror myself, but with burns all over, Valria suffering from a massive headache and Shaddix bleeding out there simply had been no option to go searching for them. Of course, after what Dorian had pulled today I started to doubt if that had been the right course of action after all...

"Do you know where he is?" I asked the Toa Maru of stone.

----------------------------------

Sisk was sitting behind his desk, twirling his walking cane in one hand and staring at the pile of files on his desk in front of him. Gukko were tweeting and calling all around him and from another section of the Gukko Force "Nest" adjacent to the headquarter. He was contemplating an idea he'd had spooking around his mind ever since the final battle with the hordes of Makuta's Rahkshi. Considering the disturbing news from all over the island, he couldn't put it off any longer. And so, the Le-Matoran sergeant stood up from his seat, and started heading out. He just hoped Kongu assessed the situation the same way he did.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ic: The mysterious visitor quietly stepped up to the elevator to Le-Koro and announced his intention to the guard protecting the sole entrance to the village. There were no guards present the last time he journeyed to the city of song; clearly times had changed, though he still had no inkling how much change was. "Heyyyy, so I'd like to go to the koro..." he said in a light, airy voice, unsure of things. The fact that a guard presided over the elevator left him perplexed. What sort of information would the guard need to allow him passage?

"What's your meaning-purpose in the highcity?" the guard asked.

"Business," the toa responded. "I need to confer with the turaga."

"Turaga?" the guard responded, seemingly amused by the never-seen-before man and his high voice. He concentrated on the visitor and looked him over. The toa seemed genuine with no sign of hostility. The single toa-tool he carried, a simple sword, was hanging loosely at his side and his mask, though apparently unique, housed nonthreatening eyes. Shrugging and deciding that the visitor bore no threat he allowed him step on the elevator and activated the lever.

By the time the elevator hit the city's level the visitor had gleaned that things had advanced greatly. He stepped with obvious amazement into the plaza and gazed at the chutes and improved structure of the village. He pranced from one side to the other, admiring and embracing the apparent change. He had never imagined Le-Koro to develop as much as he was seeing. For some reason Le-Koro was more vibrant than his memory served him and 'conviviality' was the word of the day. Never before was it that alive!

The toa frolicked up the carved streets towards the centrally placed great house Turaga Matau called home, but as he came closer and closer to the hut he felt less and less happy, as if something was missing. Something... very vital.

The hut was barred. A single guard stood before its entrance. The visitor's pace slowed as he came before it with growing sullenness and then stated, quite simply, to the guard, "Um hi. I'd like to see Matau."

IC: Skyra - Bright-Star Inn

Tillian was still recovering from sleeping for over a week it seemed, I attempted to force a few spoonfuls of his breakfast into his drooling mouth, but it wasn't working out that well. With a frustrated sigh I put the spoon down on the tray and sat up from the bed. I just didn't have the patience for this, not right now. I had literally just returned from spending all night in the jungle, fighting off Nui-Rama while trying to keep Tuara, Cael, and even that god-forsaken Utu from dying.

So yeah, I was trying to wake up my stupidly cute boyfriend while I was the one who actually needed some shuteye.

"I'm gonna head out..." I stated suddenly after staring into the nearby wall for a good minute. "...try to wake up...and eat something...I'll be back later..."

With a sluggish wave I walked out of the room and shut the door behind me as I stepped into the hallway. I was tired, but I wasn't one of those people who liked sleeping during waking hours, I'd simply have to wait till the evening.

I skipped out of the Inn without any real glances from anyone, that was one thing about becoming a girl I could never quite get used to, all the staring. Just what were they looking at? I mean I'd get it if it was because I was the only known Commander of the Gukko Force to have switched sex but for some reason I didn't think that was entirely it.

As usual, the koro was bursting with life and energy, it never really mattered what time of day it was, whether it was early morning or deep into the night, there was always activity. As I walked through the streets I started heading toward a place that held great sentimental value to me, Matau's Hut. I liked to pass by it at least once every day, I didn't want to ever forget it...or forget him.

A wave of both expectancy and sadness washed over me as I grew close enough to make out the great house of the late Turaga. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't about what happened...I'd been there, when he died...I'd rushed right inside that hut as his life-blood stained the interior...

I was so busy in my own melodically that I almost missed the Toa currently conversing with the guard who protected the hut.

"What the devil?" I wondered out loud, no one ever did what this guy was currently doing, just walking up to the guard and striking a conversation. I mean sure, people paid their respects all the time, but it was never some complete stranger, but the looks of him.

Now, I quickly came to the conclusion, judging by his mannerisms, that this guy was just some innocent, confused tourist asking for directions. No harm in that. Still, I decided to stick around, sitting down at a bench nearby, just in case.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"When will we meet back up with the others?" Atea asked Hasil, looking back down at the jungle floor.

IC:

"Once they wake back up, probably," the taller Toa said, as Saran set down on the edge of one of Le-Koro's platforms. Hasil looked around, getting his bearings, and before he started walking towards the Bright-Star Inn, he issued a short command to Saran to remain where he was, unless circumstances required otherwise.

Then he and his passenger were off, heading towards the inn.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Ryzen

Ryzen slowly walked down the streets. Passing the buildings, he got near the edge of the koro. Looking back, he gazed at the buildings. Then he walked into the wild.

A while later, he saw snow. Back again. Things will sure be interesting.

OOC: To Ko

Edited by Derpystar7

IC: Kewa

After a hard day's work, Kewa had quite a number of weapons mounted on the racks of his shop. Then he realized something.

He didn't have a sign.

Kewa went upstairs, into his room, and found something large enough to make a sign out of. After some time, his sign was complete.

Kewa's Forge

Not named after the bird

Kewa placed the sign right above the doorway, hoping that someone would come and examine what he had made.

OOC: Open for business.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

"That it has," Hasil said, stepping up to the inn. Holding the door for Atea, he ushered the woman inside - though not without making a joke first.

"Of course, I could always get one room for the both of us, rather than two for each of us," he said quietly, as his fellow Rama-rider walked past. When she looked back at him, an expression both surprised and frustrated on her face, he spoke again:

"Blame Alfon for that."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Forceman - Le-Koro - Outside Matau's Hut

The Forceman eyed the newcomer with a concerned look, "Turaga Matau?" his shoulders slumped very slightly, he presumed the Toa of fire had not heard the news, "Turaga Matau... is not with us. He has not been with us for a very long time now."

Edited by turntechGodhead

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Forceman - Le-Koro - Outside Matau's Hut

The Forceman seemed to brighten up, "Captain Kongu took up Matau's mantle. He took charge of Le-Koro when we were attacked almost a year ago. He had stepped down when war-time ended but the people elected for his leadership," the Forceman said rather simply, "You can find him at the Gukko Force's offices, as Akiri Kongu now," he reached upwards and pointed, "It is that direction."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ic: "Thaaaank you," the toa said. Perhaps the old ways were still preserved; he remembered Kongu as the captain of the guard and the turaga's right-hand-man.

The visitor was still familiar with the village to know where exactly the guard was pointing and thanked the man before making his way to the guard's offices, now redesigned to be more fortified. He walked to the gate of the small fort and...

Ooc: Jam by Palm and myself.

IC: Le-Koro - Outside Kongu's Office

"Who are you here to see?" the more formidable looking guard asked.

"I seek Akiri Kongu," the toa explained. "I'm... an old friend of the late turaga."

After sending for the Akiri, the guard returned. Kongu stood on the other side of the gate as it opened. He stepped outside, his Kahu Ka following right behind him, squawking every so often as she walked, "I am told you knew the Turaga."

"Kongu," the toa said with a small bow in respect to the captain's newfound status. "I did. Matau and I were associates of sorts. But, akiri... I was not expecting you to come and meet me like this."

Kongu nodded, "I usually prefer to be out with my people in the village readily available, but work has kept me to a desk far more often than I would have liked," he gave a soft smile, "I never figured out quite how the Turaga had done it himself," Kongu finished, giving a small chuckle as his smile grew.

"I see. That is quite kind of you," the toa said with a nod. "Matau would be proud of the leader you have become." He gestured broadly towards the village. "It has been many years since I've come here. Perhapsssssss... you can show me the new wonders while we speak? I have many questions."

Kongu nodded to the guards, as Ka cooed, "Gladly," he turned to ruffle Ka's head feathers, "If I may ask you of your name..?" Kongu looked expectantly to the Toa as he was about to walk.

The hero gave his name to Kongu quite willingly, and Kongu understood it but for some reason could not remember the name after it was given -- the name was like a slippery fish that escaped from his grasp regardless how much effort was made to contain it. It was of no fault of Kongu's, though.

"I notice you have constructed chutes. How do they operate? or are they simply slides?" the visitor asked to continue the conversation.

Kongu began to walk, giving a click so Ka would follow, "Our friends in Onu-Koro have become rather intuitive," he said with a sly smile to the hero, gesturing to a nearby station, "They use some form of air compression," he paused, looking to them for a while longer, "Onu-Koronian engineers have become something of another kind in the passing months. It is technology like this that will never cease to remind me of what creative power the people of Mata-Nui possess."

The visitor smiled politely. "Whenua always seems blessed with the most innovative people. No discredit to your own, of course, but Mata Nui grants everyone their own strengths."

"I would not argue with that," Kongu said happily, "We are all brilliant in our own way - each village - but as far as technology prowess goes, Onu-Koro is unmatched. They have done much for the people of this island in recent days. Even if their reasoning has been almost entirely economic."

He paused to look at the hero, "Have you been to Onu-Koro recently? They are simply bursting with innovations."

"I have not," the visitor said, then took note of Kongu's change of posture -- it was off. "You mean..."

"What was the last village you visited?" Kongu asked softly.

The visitor remained quiet and did not respond. He finally nodded slowly and deeply, finally coming to terms with what Kongu was inferring. "Who are the other akiri?"

"Jaller of Ta-Koro, Hahli of Ga-Koro, Hewkii of Po-Koro, Nuparu of Onu-Koro, and Ko-Koro's used to be Matoro," he paused, the demeanor becoming one of much seriousness, "Matoro was many things in addition to Akiri, until last night."

The visitor quietly reflected on the sullen news and stared into a void for a while. The turaga were more than just village elders, more than his friends, they were his associates. They hadn't worked together for hundreds of years but... that changed nothing.

"What happened to Matoro?" he asked.

"He was killed. For what reason or by who, I do not know," Kongu looked down, realizing he had not really had the chance to mourn for his friend yet, "I know very little about Ko-Koro as it stands today. The village is on lock-down, and I am unsure if my presence at its gates would be welcomed, as much as I would like to offer whatever help I can."

"Tell me more. Has the Toa defeated the Makuta? Was he behind the turaga's murders? And" -- most importantly for him -- "is the Chronicler still active?"

"Makuta is gone," Kongu paused, "We don't know what the true nature of the Turaga's murders are, and no," the Akiri of Air looked at the hero expectantly, "Takua the Chronicler died even longer ago."

His expression loomed over is face, "Just how long have you been gone, friend?"

"........................................... Too long, apparently," the visitor muttered in an aghast tone. "It seems as though something terrible has come upon the island, even without the Makuta." But there was one last spark of hope: "Does The Massif still exist? And Antrim?" he asked, hoping for the best despite the despairing trend.

"Yes, it does," Kongu nodded, "And as far as I am aware Antrim is well."

The mysterious visitor breathed an obvious sigh of relief. Perhaps, he wondered, this was why he was brought to Mata Nui? Perhaps by the Great Spirit's will he was transported to the island to help fix what was so obviously wrong? Anything was possible under the power of the Lord...

"Then there is still hope. This is goooood news and I must travel there as soon as I can. Please, Kongu, accept my mostest sinceriest gratitude for your help here. But before I leave you with your charge, did Matau ever, say, tell you about the Gatekeepers?" he asked in a hushed tone in the akiri's ear.

Kongu shook his head.

"Well then," the visitor said. "Who am I to defy his wishes. Akiri," he said with a reverent bow, "may Mata Nui's will and graces shine upon you and protect you."

Kongu frowned, but then smiled, "I wish the same upon you friend," he stretched out his hand to shake, "I hope you find what you seek."

"I will. The question is if I will find enough," the visitor enigmatically stated before confidently striding back to the elevator.

Ooc: Mysterious Visitor to Ko-Wahi, the Massif.

IC: Drome

Really made me wonder sometimes, how Kadon could act so high and mighty all of the time, despite the fact that he really didn't give off any signs of intelligence. He was complaining about what it was that made a jungle a jungle. If he didn't like them so much, why did we somehow always end up back here after something crazy happened?

Kadon even tried to mock me with his comments on my own mockery... what? That jungle comment insult was mine, and he hadn't even turned it around at all, if anything he had just added onto his own insultedness. "Just digging yourself deeper, eh? I was using sarcasm on my jungle being like a jungle comment, you just sarcastically replied to a sarcastic reply with virtually the same meaning. I believe that means I win this battle of sarcasm."

"Doesn't matter, I can handle the jungle, and the other Koro are no different. I can deal with them all... and not get all whiny like a certain musty berry that I know."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I stared at Drome, futilely attempting to make sense of his twisted logic. I couldn't. "Don't hurt yourself, Drome," I muttered. "And I never said I couldn't handle the jungle! I just don't like it. Anyway, you never answered my question. Do you want to go to Le-Koro or somewhere else?"

I swear, I sometimes can't figure out why I even bother with Drome.

IC (Cael)

Joske was alive.

Joske was alive.

That was all she needed to hear. The pit in her stomach dissolved, and, for the first time in what seemed like an eternity, she breathed freely. The air had never tasted so sweet.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Joske is alive.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

But Utu was still dead.

Even though the Toa of Ice was a murderer and a dangerous criminal, Cael hadn't wanted him to die. Joske had seen goodness in him, the possibility of redemption, and that one glimpse had been enough to send him against Echelon and all his power. His dying now felt wrong- he had been meant to live. It wasn't right.

Her mind, clouded with grief till now, was suddenly alive. She had seen the corpse; she knew he was dead. But she hadn't let that stop her before. She had brought Joske back from the brink of death, and he, in turn, had rescued her from beyond the grave. She couldn't just give up. Not this time.

Breathe in.

The answer hovered behind her eyelids, tantalizingly close, yet just out of reach. She could feel it; she could taste it. There was a way. There had to be a way.

Breathe out.

Her eyes snapped open, golden irises widening as she realized a possibility that she'd been blind to before. Utu had been suffocated; his brain had shut down due to lack of oxygen. But even if his heart stopped and his lungs ceased to work, he could still be revived. Time was the enemy: if resuscitation came too late, his brain would be too damaged to bring him out of a coma. Ten minutes was the point of no return.

How long had it been?

Throwing open the door, the Toa of Water began to run. She flew down the hospital corridor as though her feet had wings, as though, for a moment, she wore Joske's Kakama. Her breath came quickly; her mind raced, and she hardly managed to read the sign over the door before she crashed through the doors into the morgue.

The morticians looked up, surprised at her entrance, but she paid them no mind. Utu's corpse was prominently displayed on a steel table, still as stone, cold as ice. His white body was marred by streaks and pools of purple that leaked from the pulsing Mark etched into his arm. He was somehow magnificent, even in death.

Except, he wasn't dead.

As the healer watched, a tiny puff of vapour appeared over the Toa's cold lips.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Utu was alive.

IC:

Head under a pillow, hole in the chest, and the dark heart on the sleeve beating away softly. The heart began to rise.

Our Darling might have been resilient beyond most Darling, but he was not truly invincible. Death seeks the darling wherever he walks, footprints leaving behind prints of pain and anguish, like a Child. A child without a Mother to care for it and feed it. Pitiful, or at least somewhat touching, if not at least slightly disturbing or off putting. It certainly was not a comforting thing.

But more importantly, mortality was at hand and it is the directive of a child to protect its darling if the pair lack a mother.

So as the darling had laid without air, with his head under a tarp, with a hole in his chest, and a dark heart on his sleeve beating away softly, we woke him up.

A painful gasp for air erupted as my eyes opened wide, my chest suddenly expanding as it had just been deflated. My heart hurt and my lungs felt worn down, as though they had been gripped and manipulated to work by invisible hands. It ####### hurt a lot.

I groaned internally, feeling rather unaware of myself, partially because I only felt pain, spiking up as a breathed and each time my heart beat. Not to mention, I had no idea where I was. My eyes were open, but I couldn’t see anything other than a white wash. It was like a blank canvas, ready to be painted on, ready for vibrant ribbons of color to stretch across the surface in any way I knew how. So clean, I could do anything with it, regardless of what had come before.

Or if your outlook was different you could say it was the frozen wasteland that was Ko-Wahi where dreams go to freeze to death in a fetal position with peanut butter smeared across its face. Why peanut butter? Well, I’ve always associated peanut butter with failure and/or self-deprecation. That and alfalfa; popular with the vegetarians. Oh, little side note here, ###### pretentious dickweeds that think they can tell me whether or not I should eat certain food that I may or may not enjoy. Don’t tell me what to do, I don’t care what they had to kill for me to eat bacon.

Sorry I felt like that had been weighing down on me for a while and I really needed to get it off my chest.

I also realized I couldn’t move. Which, honestly, hurt a lot more than the organ pounding and splitting face-ache (haha splitting get it) over the mask snapping Dorian gave me when he smothered me to sleep. Or death? Whatever, it’s just semantics really. Details that isn’t truly important to me. Point is, I had woken up in the morgue. That was the important lesson of the day. My pride died with my last life on that bed. I came to that realization almost immediately after taking a couple deep breaths. It had died and Dorian had taken it from me; and I could never ever get it back.

I was a vegetable.

Powerless, without strength or the capacity to communicate. But I was still living. And that is something nobody, and I mean nobody will ever take away from me.

That would be good enough for me, at least for a while. I had very little left, but at least it was something. I had a beating heart and a lot of time to think to myself.

Not that it mattered. I couldn’t remember a lot of things.

There were gaps. Crevices in my memory, stretching across the plain that was my mind: Digging deep into the darkness, void of substance and even air. It was choking the life out of my past, drowning it to death before dragging it deeper into nothingness. For the most part I had retained my experiences that nothing was radically different. But there were some important things missing. But, I suppose all in all I was still who I really am at the core.

I was still Utu Kotore, the son of a giant, a giant in his own right, and the most tenacious, stubborn, and angry mother ###### that ever walked the face of this god forsaken island.

Edited by turntechGodhead

| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ooc: Jam with Veef.

Ic:

Stannis was relieved that he didn't have to fight with fire all over again -- or at least right away. "I do," he said simply. The answer would not be a simple one, though. Agni was possibly the most determined and steadfast member of the team; he would demand to know what Joske was doing. Everyone else was content to know Joske was alive and not harmed, but Agni, Stannis anticipated, would be different.

"We should discuss this privately, Agni. This hall is no place for a conversation of this nature."

"Agreed." I said, turning away from the door reluctantly. Shadddix was still in there. But I had to put that on hold for now. If the kid was smart he'd not go anywhere. I doubted he would, with Cael and Tuara around. But if he decided to run off...well, I would decide on that when the time came. For now though...

"So. Where to?"

Stannis considered the options. He couldn't have anybody listen in on what he had to say; if news of Joske's actual location leaked in any way it would spread. Agni was a professional; he was different. Still, the hospital wasn't really occupied with much more than the team members. "This way," he said and led Agni to an unused ward.

Once they were in, he asked, "Before I go any further... do you know how my mask operates?"

I pulled the door close behind me after checking around a second time for potential eavesdroppers, then turned to Stannis. "Nothing beyond what rumours carried and Joske told me after you defeated Makuta. Heard that Kanohi played a big part in it - but beyond that I know little else about it. I count that as a good thing...it would be a shame if that sort of information became common knowledge."

I shrugged slightly. "But I have a feeling you're about to tell me."

Stannis nodded. "Its power is vast. In short, it allows me to meddle with reality itself by swapping things from this world with... another one, called the Legend. Whatever I summon or send away is replaced by a direct equivalent. It was with this power that I banished the Makuta, but its use is too great for me to handle and the nature of its swapping eludes me, specifically to understand what took the dark ones' place for us all. I utilized this mask to send Joske Nimil on a new mission: To explore the Legend."

Pause. Rewind; I replay the words in my head. I still sounds as inredible as the first time, but every word is true. "I can't say I am happy that you sent Joske alone."

"You doubt he can handle it?"

"I have the utmost confidence in his abilities, but he is also my friend and if he is exploring wherever you sent Makuta off to, knowing he is on his own is not the most comforting thought." I let out a deep breah. "I was not expecting the mask to hold that kind of power...then again, after witnessing your entry into the keeping place, it should not surprise me as much as it does. Do you know who returned from the legend in Joske's stead yet?"

"No, I do not, but I intend to find out soon enough. The nature of the mask only enables it to replace whatever with the equivalent, which means whoever came unto this world for Joske's place is as great a friend of Mata Nui as Joske is.

"But on the subject of his mission... I sent Joske in alone because he is the only one, the -only- man, I feel I can trust with that directive. Capability and power have only a fraction to do with my reasonings. I sent him in because he has spirit and faith, and whatever darkness dwells in the Legend can only be dealt with by someone as pure as Joske, but Joske is not alone; everything else exists there, too. He only has to explore that realm, not conquer it.

"I hope you understand that what I did was for everybody's benefit; understanding the nature of our threats is important for us to be able to combat them. Even now, Joske is saving us all once again."

"It wouldn't be the first time." I sighed again, this time more resigned. "Very well. If this is what must be done to understand what we are up against, even now after the darkness has been banished, then it must be done. As much as I dislike the situation, you are right: If there is anybody who can do it this way, it's him."

"In any case, we can not do much to directly help him from here anyway...speaking of which, how much of this do the others know yet? You've said much to convince me, but you didn't mention Cael, Tuara or any of the team yet. I take it you have spoken to them?"

"I have, each individually as with you, though none know the true nature of his mission; all only know as much as they need to be at peace with the current situation. Cael knows I sent him on one; Tuara knows he is alive; and Dorian much the same as Cael. But /Dorian/ was a special case..."

"Oh? How so?"

"Before I ushered Joske into the Legend, he gave me the flamberge to pass on to the young Shaddix. Now, I know what Dorian did and I am not here to handle it, but you should know that Joske passed a part of his mantle to Dorian because he sees something great in him. And as the Wanderer, I concur with Joske's observation. You must understand this was according to his wishes."

There it was again, that angry fire in my chest. I tried to keep it under control. There was no reason to snap at Stannis. But my tone still got notably more sour. "Joske wanted Utu alive. He wanted to save him. You think he would have passed on the sword if he'd known about this?"

Stannis sighed long and deep.

"Utu's death is a complication I had no desire to address to the team," he explained. "But since it did happen and I am the messenger, I have convinced myself that I should help assuage this situation. The truth that I feel is that the action was unfair and robbed the team of its shed blood and tears, but I believe the action was justifiable /from a certain point of view./ Dorian believed his actions were moral and a favour for a man he called a friend. You don't have to agree with it, you just have to be able to accept that Destiny is a fickle thing and adapt.

"And 'adapting' right now means carrying on Joske's good work. He's not here right now, but Joske set out to fix Mata Nui and shed light where there was none before and the legacy continues. I am certain that given time all things will be proven to be good."

"You are asking me to overlook the murder of a man in custody? I know what is done is done and we can not bring back the dead, but that is asking a lot. Too much in fact to just hope time will prove it a good deed in the future."

"I'm asking you to overlook nothing," Stannis corrected. "I only ask you to be wise and consider all points of view, even those you have no love for, and move on. Utu is dead but the mission is far from over, so for now all I can say is that Joske would have you and the others follow Dorian and help him become truly great. Joske saw in him greatness and desires that it be cultured. And, in time, things will become clear. I am certain that while Utu's death was not planned of appreciated by any of you, it was according to His divine will. Destiny oft works in mysterious ways.""

"Follow Dorian?"I asked. I took a step back and crossed my arms. Stannis may be called a prophet, but I've never subscribed to the idea of faith without questioning. "No. No, we won't follow." I said, with determination. "We will go along with him. Guide him where can and most importantly keep an eye on him, but we will not follow. What happened with Utu is bad enough, but you saw the state he's in right now. A few days ago he was scratching himself bloody and when we moved against Echelon and his ilk he almost got himself killed. And from what I have heard that was not the first time. That's a risk I can not take right now."

"That," I said, looking the Toa of stone in the eyes, "just wouldn't be wise. Especially because this is not the first time I've taken care of a mixed team. You said it yourself: This mission is far from over and it is too important right now to afford long delays. The people who murdered the Turaga are still at large and Echelon managed to slip away. And we need to continue to uncover their dark webs and connections until these murderers are caught and before they can execute their grand schemes."

"But to do that we need to be a proper team. As much as I value your insight and Joske's optimism, we're not there yet, the fight with Echelon proved as much. So we will have to figure things out on the move."

"Go where Dorian wanders and Destiny will show you the way, as she has with me and my team," Stannis simply explained. "Joske learned that lesson already, and if you subscribe to his legacy you should do the same.

"In Joske's absence and Dorian's haphazardness, I have offered my services to the team. If there is ever any use for my presence, in war or peace, tell Cael to summon me and I will come when I can.

"May Mata Nui's grace shine upon you and keep you safe," Stannis said before he opened the door and left the room to allow Agni to think.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Kunitu

Kunitu walked the streets of Le aimlessly.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Colx (Le-Koro)

Colx was humming innociously as he also walked through the streets of Le-Koro. His mind was one something entirely different, though, his face buried behind a piece of paper (and given the average size of a Skakdi's face, that's quite an acheivement) that currently held his undivided attention.

And so he promptly bumped into someone.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ooc: Jam with Palm again.

Ic: After his talk with Agni, Stannis prepared to speak to the other remaining toa of fire in the team -- save Merror, but nobody was sure where he was. If Agni's temperament could be described as fiery, Tuara's could only be defined as volcanic. The former Pa-Matoran was not looking forward to the conversation. At all..

He found the fiery toa of fire slumping her way down the tree-city's streets towards the inner city, steadily marching away from the place of healing like an impotent soldier from a lost battle. Stannis' long legs and swift gait allowed him to easily catch up once he caught sight of her and he came up on her clearly unexpectedly. "Tuara," he said to catch her attention, "stop."

Tuara planted a heel into the ground to stop herself. The little shock of the sudden blunt contact with the ground made her body ###### a little: Even the way she had decided to stop moving had an attitude. With a slight sigh she turned, eyes up at the Toa Maru. She readjusted her grip on her belt and didn't speak. Instead, her mouth hung curtly open.

One look at Tuara told him all he knew: She was on fire. He could feel why, too. How else would someone like her feel if the person she cared for had seemingly forsaken everything worked up to that point for and murdered someone in cold blood, betraying everybody in the process? He could only imagine the rage burning in her, a sort of rage he had learned to control centuries ago but was still reminded about from time to time.

He signed, frustrated that things had taken such a negative turn. He believed he had done the right thing in sending Joske into the Legend, not that anyone knew about that besides himself, but somehow had overlooked the fact that everything the Wanderer did impacted those around him, and sometimes not very healthily. "So you spoke to Dorian already," he said with a sort of defeat in his tone; beaten to the punch. "What did he tell you?"

Tuara raised an eyebrow, the venom in her voice no thinner for the sake of speaking to a Maru, even the leader of the Maru, "Joske's alive," she shifted her weight, her right hip now sticking out a bit more.

Stannis nodded but remained otherwise stoic in direct contrast of Tuara's attitude. "And he would be here now if he could, but destiny has chosen a different path for him, at least for the while." He paused. "But that's not what irks you, is it? It's the fact that Joske's mission that he shared with all of you seems for naught."

Tuara shrugged, "You could use the term irked, although I might use other terms to describe it, I'd rather not because I'm in a public place right now," she crossed her arms, her form coming more into its own with the additional disconnect it created, "I'm irked because we all almost died for literally nothing."

"But you did not die in that scuffle," Stannis reminded her. "Nobody did. The aftermath is not what any of us expected, but it was not at the cost of another."

"I said almost died," Tuara looked to Stannis with a firm face. "Look, I don't understand what your deal is or how you factor into this or how Joske's alive or whatever, and honestly; I don't care," she breathed in, sharp and loud, "What I care about, is I just bled with a man on my back as I dragged him through a bog being chased by murderous Rahi while trying to fight for three people's lives because I finally put my trust in Joske that he knew what he was doing only so my boyfriend could smother Utu like a baby and erase literally everything we've worked towards in a matter of seconds," another breath, this one not so loud or as grating. She did however, point a finger at Stannis' chest, slowly leaning towards him as she continued, "I don't need you pulling some poetic dickery out of your rear end to make things seem better than they /really/ are; which is absolutely terrible, because Stannis, I didn't come all this way just to watch the man I care about the most betray what makes him the man I care about most because he thinks what he's done was fair or just."

Her eyes blazed with torch-flame as she dropped her pointing finger like a pendulum beside her, pulling out of her lean. She chewed down on her lip hard as the hand fell out of, and back into place; back and forth.

"Do you still hold loyalty to Joske? To what he believes in?" Stannis asked simply. Tuara's angry rant dissipated on his face like flames licking a stone statue before being deprived of fuel, leaving no lasting effect.

"I didn't come along because I thought Joske was right, I came along because I needed out of that village of fire," her voice had begun to calm again, "Me and Joske never really saw eye-to-eye, Stannis."

Her answer was... disappointing to Stannis. He had expected her to be wise enough to see something worthwhile in Joske and his mission, something ore than an excuse for different air. But still, she must have seen -something-, felt -something- that attracted her to follow Joske. Or was she sincere? Was Dorian's nascent salvation the only thing that drove her to follow Joske?

It seemed almost true. News of Joske's survival did not seen to phaze her at all, in deep contrast to what the others expressed from that word -- relief, joy, satisfaction. Tuara only felt unabated rage at Dorian. He could still feel it inside her despite her calming attitude.

"Despite what you say, you should know that before Joske and I parted ways he expressed his optimism for Dorian. Joske sees something great in that man, Tuara, and I do, too. While you and Joske have not always agreed on matters, and while Dorian seems to have betrayed you and himself with his latest action, you must look at things from a different point of view than your own.

"What did you see in Dorian up until now? Why did you fall for him?"

"I felt his pain and shared in his joy. I was given a glimpse into his past, where I saw what made him the man he is today," she slowed, as though in another realm, "Despite all that pain and hurt he felt, and all the darkness in his life, he still stood there in front of me," her eyes flickered away, lost in the trees of Le-Koro, "There was/ no hope for him/. But that's what gave me hope. He defied hopelessness because he chose to," Tuara looked back at Stannis, a sudden softness seemed to sneak by the flickering of her fire, "I never got a chance to see if Utu was hopeless like him."

She stammered, searching for the words at her feet, "I.. I still need Dorian," she said as her gaze found the words in Stannis' face, "Just because I'm with him, doesn't mean I have to think he's right."

"You're right," Stannis said gently, "you don't /have/ to think he's right. But so long as you are with him you will have to try to understand him, and you will always be surprised. I-I cannot vouch for him or endorse his action -- I never knew Utu, especially not as well as either of you did -- but... Tuara, I have seen into Dorian's soul and what I saw was good. His heart is sincere. He believes what he did was best for his 'friend.' Perhaps it was this spark, a courage to defy the rules, that Joske saw as his best virtue.

"But, and maybe and, despite your differences, he needs you, too."

"What are we going to do now Stannis?" Tuara slowed, "We've got one corpse, no Joske, and nothing left to show for our efforts. In fact, I don't even know where everybody went. Does everybody just go home now or what?"

"If you want directions I am the wrong person to ask them from," Stannis confessed with a stiff grin. "I haven't been dubbed 'the Wanderer' for nothing." He paused for several seconds and looked around as if trying to find something flitting around the pair as they stood in the street, a butterfly with answers or a magical hummingbird, then returned his intense gaze to Tuara.

"You have a legacy, Tuara, and sometimes that's all Destiny gives people like us to follow. Dorian's action aside, Joske anointed him to be the trailblazer -- that's why I gave him the sword. The others want to do what is right, what Joske showed them to do because they saw who Joske is. If you, or if any of the others, want to continue on the mission Joske shared with you, you should follow Dorian. Help him, assist him, go where he goes. And then... things, I feel, will become clearer."

Tuara mulled over this. She certainly trusted Dorian. Well, usually. But how could anybody properly be expected to follow the literally most unpredictable man she had ever met in her entire life? It certainly didn't seem sound. She'd go where the pair needed to go, but who's to say where that was going to be or who else might follow too. Not to mention, Dorian still technically belonged to the Ta-Koro Guard. Agni was still his handler.

Whatever.

"And what exactly was Joske's mission anyways?" Tuara asked, "Make friends with dangerous people? I don't understand what he was doing. I thought we were just trying to save Utu."

Stannis shook his head slightly. "Joske's mission was much greater than that -- his mission was to restore Light on Mata Nui one step at a time. Perhaps he felt that in trying to save Utu he was fixing a broken machine stuck on repeat. And who knows? Maybe this last operation was not the failure you think it has turned into."

Stannis looked around again, then regained his focus. "Look, Tuara... I don't know what form your journey will take from here but I believe that this was not all for nothing because I have faith in Destiny, and Destiny often works in mysterious ways.

"I may not be the best resource for guidance on the uncertain, but I feel a duty to help you and the others in this quest, whether by my wisdom or strength. If you ever have need of me, for any reason, talk to Cael -- she will know what to do," he offered. His purpose was twofold: Not only did he ensure that Tuara understood that Stannis was on their side, but it also made certain that Tuara, so long as she helped Dorian, would be with Cael at least, therefore keeping the two greatest advocates Dorian had still in existence near him. At least, that is what he hoped.

"May Mata Nui be with you as you are with Dorian, Tuara," he said and made his first smile in the conversation.

Tuara crossed her arms, biting down on her lip as she began to look around the village almost absentmindedly, "Yeah," she said, "I guess we'll figure something out."

The Toa of fire stopped, and looked back at Stannis, "Thanks. I guess," she turned and began to walk away.

"I know you will," Stannis prophetically emphasized as he watched Tuara walk away, then slowly turned to take another path for the city centre to meditate in the joy of the jungle's song.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Kunitu walked the streets of Le aimlessly.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Colx (Le-Koro)

Colx was humming innociously as he also walked through the streets of Le-Koro. His mind was one something entirely different, though, his face buried behind a piece of paper (and given the average size of a Skakdi's face, that's quite an acheivement) that currently held his undivided attention.

And so he promptly bumped into someone.

Kunitu staggered forwards, before whirling around and giving the other being a glare.

"Hey, be careful when you're walking around!"

OOC: That awkward moment when you don't pay attention to the topic and people do things without you...

IC: Arjun, while hanging around waiting for a decision to be made, knelt down to investigate the jungle floor. He had never been one for biology, but the bugs and plants where all very interesting. He wondered if there was any Matoran or Toa who knew how to use them all for medicinal, or aggressive, purposes. He mentally pictured himself shooting an arrow with a Cabola fruit attached. Wouldn't that be something?

Arjun turned around to check the status of the others... and found them gone. "Those... rebels!" He spat. "Could have at least said something." He turned to Alfon. "Come on, let's go catch up."

He hopped on Hashara and flew him back to the Koro, leaving him at the Rama station. "Sorry, Hashara. I know you don't like it here, but let's face it, you can't be out in public. You might kill someone." From there Arjun sprinted over the Bright-Starr Inn. That was where he suggested they go and, well, maybe that's where they went.

As he walked in the door, he fortunately saw Hasil and Atea preparing to get a booth. He walked up to them and waved.

"You can't ditch me that easily," he told them. "You two got a booth yet?"

BZPRPG

OOC: After-jam Agni reaction I didn't get to post last night.

IC:

I briefly thought about arguing the role of destiny with the leader of the Maru. The way he described it, all you had to do was follow the next-best relevant prophecy, star or whatever other sign you came across and everything would fall into place, no need to worry. I was going to believe that once somebody explained the me how the suffering Valria was going through was going to bring about a great good, how Mef's death had made sense in the grand scheme of things, how Dorian's life had gotten as twisted and messed up as it had. But I thought better of it. Arguing predetermination vs. forging your own destiny was almost literally arguing with rock. And one could probably get through to actual rock. So I kept quiet. Well, almost...

"Tell you what, " I said, as Stannis headed for the door. "I'll put my faith in your words and trust that this works out - and if destiny does play as much of a part as you say, then you can go ahead and trust me to do the right thing and make sure this adventure doesn't get Dorian, the others or anybody else killed."

"In Joske's absence and Dorian's haphazardness, I have offered my services to the team. If there is ever any use for my presence, in war or peace, tell Cael to summon me and I will come when I can.

"May Mata Nui's grace shine upon you and keep you safe," Stannis said before he opened the door and left the room to allow Agni to think.

I didn't stay for long though. The meeting had forced me to take a step back, emotionally and look at the situation from a different angle, even if I didn't like it. I'd had planned to confront Dorian. Now though, I wasn't sure that was the best course of action anymore. By now I had a pretty good guess about how he might react and could almost see the conversation play out in my mind. Poor Shaddix, only murdered a former companion to spare him suffering. No, please disregard the fact that the one suffering had brought just as much suffering to others and might have had more useful information; and so on and so forth. But I could also bet on Dorian knowing that tongue-lashing was coming. So it was time for a different approach.

I left the room and made my way back to where Valria had been. Turned out she had calmed down enough that I managed to convince her to come along and together we started searching the hospital for Cael. We found her at the entrance to the morgue, after asking around a few times and being told of the healer running downstairs a few minutes earlier. I was just about to ask her what had led her down here when I spotted the large body on one of the slabs. The sight shouldn't have been a surprise...except that Utu was breathing. If Stannis had been here right now he'd probably taken it as more proof of destiny. I chaulked it up to the Toa of ice being one resilient son of a Muaka. Whatever it was - it was the first good thing that had happened since we'd made it to the village of air.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Merror)

The sun was already getting low in the sky by the time Merror and Aerus trudged into the clearing at the foot of Le-Koro. The Ta-Toa gazed wearily up at the twinkling lights of the village high above. It had been a long walk, and he'd been too exhausted (in body and mind) to look for any trace of his fellows. He could only hope that he would find them here. Safe and well might be too much to ask.

He walked towards the elevator pod, giving a nod to the nearby guards. Before he stepped in, however, he changed his mind, and doubled back to approach them instead.

"Forcemen," he hailed them. "Has anything been seen of Joske and his companions?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png