Fave 01' Toa?

Plague

Fave Toa  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tahu. Tahu is basically the face of Bionicle itself.

Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Lewa, though funnily enough the only set I still have (that I can find, at least) is Onua.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Kopaka, he was the first Toa I encountered and the one I enjoy the most.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I love the 2001 Toa. Between the heavy layers of nostalgia I'm hit with every time I see them and the enormous depth of their characters, the variety between each one of them that made them unique, lord, I love all six of them. Yet, when I looked at the poll, there wasn't any question about it. Kopaka. One of the most complex characters in the whole storyline, Kopaka changes in some ways but in other ways really doesn't. He doesn't show his emotions at all, although he more than feels them. He's a loner, one that knows he has to have the assistance of the others to truly succeed, but he doesn't like it. He's not faking it either, he really does mostly want to be alone. His relationships with the other characters are unique too, particularly Tahu. As Tahu develops to cool his head, and become a more mature leader, Kopaka doesn't really change at all. He learns to tolerate the company of the others, he admits to himself that he values Pohatu as his closest friend, but does he ever really change in his attitude? Not really. I think there's a lot to be said for a character like that, with such a consistency. Not to mention, he's by far the coolest. I mean, the sword and shield thing is awesome, and he's the Toa of Ice and all, and them Muaka fight scenes man. :P

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Pohatu's the one, suckas; second to none!Until he joins the fight, dogg, it hasn't begun!He's got the power of stone but a heart of goldAnd a jovial temperament one-hundredfoldHe's great in a battle and he's best as a friendHe's the one upon which you can always depend!When times are rough, he keeps his spirits highAlways willing to help; what a first-rate guy!!

Edited by McSmeag
bring back "an cool dude"

Gali. Not just because she was a female set, but she was the first female character in Bionicle, and I suppose female characters weren't very popular with LEGO action figures back then, it seems. I got Gali Mata (rough estimate) about a year ago, and she is, although simplistic, a cool set. ^^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

For me, it was a tie between Tahu and Kopaka, but I went with Tahu. Not only was he one of the first Bionicle sets I got, he is also one of my favorite characters in Bionicle cannon. That is why he got my vote.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Lewa. His design had a nice contrast, yet good symmetry, unique weapon, and a beautiful color scheme. Also, I loved how he was overly ambitious at first, but later became something of a conflicted half-Bohrok. It was such a shame when those details got scrapped in '03.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]