Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

What if it's Pewku?She's named. She's been around for a while, and I can imagine Orkham brought her with him to Spherus Magna following the reconstruction. It was never said if she was "created by Mata Nui" or not, but disguising oneself as something as insignificant as a crab would seem ideal for a covert operation such as this.*Hong Kong Phooey face*

It's highly likely that Makuta created her, and the GB is male.
Just a quick note- there's no proof that the GB's in-universe body is either male or female. Though Greg knew from the beginning that the GB was male, he still considered Helryx as a possible identity of the GB's alter ego, even though she was female. He didn't abandon the idea because she was female, but because she was a strong character.

It's worth pointing out that all the people Greg said he considered were humanoid sapient characters, not Rahi. I consider Rahi essentially ruled out.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Who the heck said toa had to get involved in the universe? i mean come on why can't there be a toa who just decides to resume their life as if nothing happened.

It's possible, but as I said, it would make the GB stick out like a sore thumb. Both evil and good groups would want such a Toa to join their groups. Good ones would make the pitch that basically with great power comes great responsibility, and evil ones would make the pitch "you're evil 'cuz you said no to the good guys." If you said no to the bad guys you might make yourself a target as suspected competition, if no to the good guys, earn yourself close scrutiny.It would be smarter to be someone with no great power, thus no great responsibility, or so I think.For such a Toa to keep their freedom, I think they'd have to live like a hermit, far from anybody's watchful eye, not continue living their lives. Also it's arguable that destiny would not allow such a person to become a Toa if they weren't going to do what was needed.
well yes but also mind you the matoran that had the capability to become toa already had their destiny set. it's like well parenthood you may do all u can to lead your children down the right path and heck maybe they even would stay on that path for awhile but they can diverge from that path at anytime.it's the same thing mata-nui gave their person the destiny and heck maybe they even were the greatest choice at the beginning but something may have happened or they decided to become lazy. heck prime examples could be Nidhiki and tuyet

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

There's a few thing i'd wonder about our friend Velika the murderer.Did this great being at some point take control over the original mind of a matoran who had that name?.... or did he sneak there as himself with Velika as a chosen name into the giant robot when it's trip started?What weapons or energies is he using when attacking, i doubt carving tools are deadly but here my guess is that he has some sort of telekinesis/energy based attack that isn't used by toa...exists outside from matoran knowledge. ?What's his motive.... does he kill for the fun of it to observe the results or does he believe that the victims must die so the universe is in balance according to his perspective?

Edited by .-:Kopaka Nuva:-.

qs3135.jpg

There's a few thing i'd wonder about our friend Velika the murderer.Did this great being at some point take control over the original mind of a matoran who had that name?.... or did he sneak there as himself with Velika as a chosen name into the giant robot when it's trip started?What weapons or energies is he using when attacking, i doubt carving tools are deadly but here my guess is that he has some sort of telekinesis/energy based attack that isn't used by toa...exists outside from matoran knowledge. ?What's his motive.... does he kill for the fun of it to observe the results or does he believe that the victims must die so the universe is in balance according to his perspective?

We don't know that the GB is the murderer.One option Greg gave was for the GB to be stored as a mind and then when a being was made later, to inhabit that body, and yes, it appears that it's just the GB in a body. If the storing option wasn't used, then I'd guess the GB did something like shapeshifting and sneaking in. But we don't know.Whether or not he's the murderer, I read Greg's hints as saying he's definately not doing his "what Orde thought was evil" for fun. He thinks it's the right thing to do.And being a GB, it makes sense they'd know better than their creations what that is, which is why I tend to think he wasn't the murderer, unless he really did know that letting villains like TK live would be bad in the long run or something. :shrugs: Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

And being a GB, it makes sense they'd know better than their creations what that is, which is why I tend to think he wasn't the murderer, unless he really did know that letting villains like TK live would be bad in the long run or something.

I have to say that i do not feel Tren Krom is evil and is certainly not a villain contrary to what you say bonesiii. In my opinion he actually is a semi good character especially after what he did in the core processor, yes he may have tricked lewa but he needed to to help and as far as we know he only really killed one person and that was carapar but carapar was about to strike him. And i'm pretty darn sure that if you once powered a huge robot then was replaced by a "Great Spirit" and then stuck to a island you would be very very bitter, but despite all that he still helped the one who replaced him, which i think gives him a major boost in good guy points. Well that is all i have to say.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, I was under the impression he was stuck to the island in the first place because he had turned bad, but maybe I misremembered. :P

Also, Tren Krom can be ruled out because he hadn't been able to really observe the universe; he only learned what had happened in the recent span of years from probing Lariska's mind.~B~

Edited by Ballom

Also, Tren Krom can be ruled out because he hadn't been able to really observe the universe; he only learned what had happened in the recent span of years from probing Lariska's mind.~B~

That's not why we were talking about TK, but rather about whether the GB is the murderer. TK was killed by the murderer, so whether he "deserved" being killed is relevant. And it does appear from a quick scan of his BS01 page that I was mistaken; the GBs imprisoned him there just because, not due to deserving it. Probably because they didn't know sapience had been achieved, so they thought they were just putting away a tool. And that could be more evidence for the murderer being the GB, but could also be evidence against, since Angonce seemed to immediately realize they shouldn't be killed (in general anyways). Mayhaps it comes down to whether the GB (who already doesn't act like the others by going into disguise) cares about them gaining sapience or not.Still, point stands that we don't know the GB is the murderer.

Well, I was under the impression he was stuck to the island in the first place because he had turned bad, but maybe I misremembered. :P

i searched and found a reference to it on biosector and here it is

Despite his previous anger against the Great Beings, he felt no extreme animosity toward them, and instead felt obligated to save the universe he had once been in charge of.

this is directly from his page on biosector and is under the teridax's reign part.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

That's not why we were talking about TK, but rather about whether the GB is the murderer. TK was killed by the murderer, so whether he "deserved" being killed is relevant.
Whoops! Saw this discussion of Tren Krom and somehow leaped to the conclusion you guys were discussing him possibly having been the GB. My bad; guess I should give more than a glance to all of the posts here.~B~

If the GB were the murderer, what would be the point in killing all of the powerful people he helped to create? Shouldn't people like Tren Krom be left to help organize the new system on SM? Unless he thought they might try to seize power for themselves...as has been said before, we don't know if the GB's intentions were actually evil or just appeared that way.Just bouncing it around.

I shall be saying this with a sigh

somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by

and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost, The Road Less Traveled

Well, Ahkmou's mind was wiped out too in 2004. :P

Didn't he remember things because he was one of the matoran that was lost in the protodermis sea, and Teridax retrieved him?Or is that incorrect?If so, I do like the idea of it being Ahkmou. Whether it makes sense or not.

Didn't he remember things because he was one of the matoran that was lost in the protodermis sea, and Teridax retrieved him?Or is that incorrect?If so, I do like the idea of it being Ahkmou. Whether it makes sense or not.
He forgot, but Teridax woke him up and fed him his version of history.

Did anyone say Axonn yet? Sorry I don't have any info to offer, as I haven't done anything related to Bionicle in two years.

No, Axonn is ruled out for the main reason that he has also meddled in the MU, and has been a very good guy character since his introduction. So, he's ruled out.~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

If the GB were the murderer, what would be the point in killing all of the powerful people he helped to create? Shouldn't people like Tren Krom be left to help organize the new system on SM? Unless he thought they might try to seize power for themselves...as has been said before, we don't know if the GB's intentions were actually evil or just appeared that way.Just bouncing it around.

For the same reason they created Marendar; to kill anything that may pose a threat to others with its power. Edited by Ice the Great

Did anyone say Axonn yet? Sorry I don't have any info to offer, as I haven't done anything related to Bionicle in two years.

No, Axonn is ruled out for the main reason that he has also meddled in the MU, and has been a very good guy character since his introduction. So, he's ruled out.~Tobi
Plus he's in the mad GB's fortress, and it was confirmed no one in there was the GB.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I wonder if this GB was a character that makes us go "oh...it was him" or "Seriously, it was him all along!? I never would have guessed!" I think Greg will probably make it more the latter, or at least I would prefer the latter.Anyway, if he is pursuing that, then I would pull up the character sheet and do some process of elimination work, then choose the character who would give the most shock value if one found out. That would be my guess, and it is based on speculation.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some theories again. I know some pepople on this topic (including me) think that GB can be a Dark Hunter. Quite a good guess. Especially considering the facts that some DH are very mysterious and powerful. My personal theory about who of DH can be theGB (altough i don't know if someone sayed it before) can be :1. Dweller. Why? Dweller has the ability to reach out and scan the minds of others, gathering information from hundreds of minds for his reports. He can take this further, to drive them insane with nightmares, or to screen himself from the minds of others. As stated in BS01.2. Vanisher. Reason?Vanisher is independent, powerful and insubordinate, so much so that he was accused of being a double agent for the Brotherhood of Makuta.Vanisher has the power to open intradimensional gates through which he can walk, traveling great distances in the blink of an eye, and appearing to vanish to the observer. He cannot, however, use these gates to travel to other dimensions. He also has the power to open dimensional fluctuations in order to trap energy attacks. He can keep these for as long as he wishes, and then release the energy contained. Many times he has defeated enemies with nothing but their own power.Yeah. I think it may be some of these two. What you think?

I don't think the GB is Ahkmou. I remember hearing that Ahkmou was originally going to be a toa of shadow in 2008. Somehow I don't think a GB would let himself be shadow-leeched like that. Not to mention he's been mind-wiped.Not sure if this has been mentioned but Reidak? Greg hasn't ruled out any of the Piraka, and Reidak seems to be the one who has the least developed personality. Of the 6, he seems to only be bent on following orders. Hakann, Thok, and Avak all sought rebellion, while Vezok has pretty much been ruled out. This leaves Reidak, the silent one who defended Zaktan during the first piraka rebellion in Dark Destiny.

Just some theories again. I know some pepople on this topic (including me) think that GB can be a Dark Hunter. Quite a good guess. Especially considering the facts that some DH are very mysterious and powerful. My personal theory about who of DH can be theGB (altough i don't know if someone sayed it before) can be :1. Dweller. Why? Dweller has the ability to reach out and scan the minds of others, gathering information from hundreds of minds for his reports. He can take this further, to drive them insane with nightmares, or to screen himself from the minds of others. As stated in BS01.2. Vanisher. Reason?Vanisher is independent, powerful and insubordinate, so much so that he was accused of being a double agent for the Brotherhood of Makuta.Vanisher has the power to open intradimensional gates through which he can walk, traveling great distances in the blink of an eye, and appearing to vanish to the observer. He cannot, however, use these gates to travel to other dimensions. He also has the power to open dimensional fluctuations in order to trap energy attacks. He can keep these for as long as he wishes, and then release the energy contained. Many times he has defeated enemies with nothing but their own power.Yeah. I think it may be some of these two. What you think?

Raph, I think you might be onto something here. Of course, we'll never know if we never get back in touch with Greg. (Yes, I know I've been gone for a long time. I've been busy with life.)

- Fivrik

you know i hav eto say i have been saying it could have been a dark hunter since the begining, Although i personnally think it is Darkness. And i have repeatedly commented how it could be him and have made several points that support my theory that Darkness is the GB. Also i notice several problems with the idea of it being Dweller
  • [*]Dweller was captured by the Order of Mata-Nui[*]He has interfered with events in the matoran universe

but it could always be him. you never know.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

One of the main problems with it being a Dark Hunter (which has probably already been mentioned before) is that in order to have become a Dark Hunter one must have caught the attention of the Shadowed One, which is probably not very easy. I doubt that the Shadowed One would allow anyone to join the Dark Hunters if they hadn't interfered with events taking place in the Matoran Universe (even if it was something minor like thievery, as was the case with Hakann and Vezok, although what they were stealing was of great importance). Even if the Shadowed One allowed someone to join without having first proven themselves, he would probably only do so if he saw great potential in the recruit, in which case they would be of such an obviously evil persona that they would no doubt be willing to interfere with Matoran Universe events, unlike the Great Being.

I don't think the GB is Ahkmou. I remember hearing that Ahkmou was originally going to be a toa of shadow in 2008. Somehow I don't think a GB would let himself be shadow-leeched like that. Not to mention he's been mind-wiped.Not sure if this has been mentioned but Reidak? Greg hasn't ruled out any of the Piraka, and Reidak seems to be the one who has the least developed personality. Of the 6, he seems to only be bent on following orders. Hakann, Thok, and Avak all sought rebellion, while Vezok has pretty much been ruled out. This leaves Reidak, the silent one who defended Zaktan during the first piraka rebellion in Dark Destiny.

Correct that Ahkmou is ruled out by the mindwipe, just like Kapura.Reidak might work if villains are possible, but again, I think it's pretty clear they are ruled out. Reidak specifically certainly caused all kinds of damage, and all six Piraka tried to steal the Ignika for profit. Hardly fits the GB. :P

Correct that Ahkmou is ruled out by the mindwipe, just like Kapura.Reidak might work if villains are possible, but again, I think it's pretty clear they are ruled out. Reidak specifically certainly caused all kinds of damage, and all six Piraka tried to steal the Ignika for profit. Hardly fits the GB. :P
Ah, but he does most of that damage working as a team, and he, of all the Piraka, did not seem as personal bent on taking the mask. Remember that if the great being is the murderer, as many have theorized, then the GB is someone "who nobody ever suspected". Reidak seems to fit rather well, as he is generally ignored out of the six Piraka. However, you make the good point of the mask of life search. I just remembered that Reidak attempted to betray the rest of the Piraka in one of the chambers, indicating a personal desire for the mask. That would be unlikely if he was a Great Being.That said, if we are going by the "murderer" angle, then that opens up other options. Piruk would be one. His status as a scout would make sense, given that under this theory he would have been used to hiding himself and collecting information. I don't really suspect OoMN members, as they would have to have been thoroughly vetted, much like Dark Hunters.

Ah, but he does most of that damage working as a team, and he, of all the Piraka, did not seem as personal bent on taking the mask. Remember that if the great being is the murderer, as many have theorized, then the GB is someone "who nobody ever suspected".

What do you mean? Prior to Greg starting the 'contest' we had no reason to suspect anyone was a GB, and after it, Greg said at least one person did guess it. I dunno if Reidak was suggested or not which is the only reason I'm not certain he isn't. :P But if you're saying he wasn't suspected in that topic then he is ruled out.My apologies in advance if I've completely misunderstood you. :P

Ah, but he does most of that damage working as a team, and he, of all the Piraka, did not seem as personal bent on taking the mask.

Perhaps. But if that team would have actually succeeded, what could he have done? It seems problematic. If he betrayed the Piraka and gave it to the Inika, not only would he be involved, he'd be majorly risking blowing his cover or at least putting himself at great risk.Are you suggesting he might have subtly sabotaged the team along the way explaining why they didn't get it? Well, noted about the personal desire to get the mask. I don't recall that. And the gold-being fusion is problematic too, but yeah, just for sake of discussion? :)Piruk might work too, for the same reasons Velika and the like seem to. :)

Ahkmou's pod was not rescued by the toa, but Teridax in a way. Teridax has been using Ahkmou, so he put him in a dud.
  • [*]Im guessing Hydraxon. He's a meany, cold, single-minded, and sadistic. But he got killed.Second guess: Brutaka: again, adistic meany. but he got corrupted.Third guess: nuju

Edited by man774

GB canidates:Tuyet: Well sure she's malicious and insane, but she also COULD be a rouge GB. That would make an interesting serial. She maybe lost faith in the other GB's and their beliefs and went insane trying to make an empire for herself.Tyrant: Well, he was a Dark Hunter, until he was betrayed. Maybe TSO some how FOUND out he was a GB, and on purposely abandon him when maybe Tyrant tried to disband the Dark Hunters by challenging TSO's power. Also how would he survive when he went under the Silver Sea? Perhaps he is a GB after all.~Gravity

Ahkmou's pod was not rescued by the toa, but Teridax in a way. Teridax has been using Ahkmou, so he put him in a dud.
What do you mean? Are you saying that Ahkmou's pod didn't work? Because we know it did; his mind was wiped. Teridax wanted all the Matoran's minds wiped so he could do what he did with Ahkmou, which was tell him his version of history when he woke up. :)

What do you mean? Are you saying that Ahkmou's pod didn't work? Because we know it did; his mind was wiped. Teridax wanted all the Matoran's minds wiped so he could do what he did with Ahkmou, which was tell him his version of history when he woke up. :)
I think Teridax told Ahkmou basically everything though didn't he? The only made up history was the bit where he said the Toa Metru abandoned him, when really it was an accident.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I think Teridax told Ahkmou basically everything though didn't he? The only made up history was the bit where he said the Toa Metru abandoned him, when really it was an accident.

This is about the GB's secret identity. Teridax couldn't have known Ahkmou was the GB, so couldn't have told him so if his mind was wiped. That rules Ahkmou out for the same reason as Kapura and the rest of the Metruans. Unless we wanna really stretch things and say TerryMac could have known and that would be enough, but I highly doubt it. :P Edited by bonesiii

I think that Velika is Greg's favorite Matoran for a reason.Possibly because he's not actually a Po-Matoran, but a Great Being that speaks in riddles in a Po-Matoran's skin. And a murderer too! :P

Edited by Outler

~Malakyr~