To Those Who Don't Want Bionicle Back...

Makuta_of_Oz

To be honest a year ago, I was on the side of wanting Bionicle back, but I think I've moved on, and if it did come back, I would only follow the story, which is still around anyway. The sets I wouldn't be fussed, as they would probably follow the constructions of the more recent Bionicle sets, and Hero Factory, and it's just too simple for my liking.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I'm to the point of apathy on whatever LEGO decides to call their main buildable figure line. If BIONICLE did come back, it would look like Hero Factory. It would have that style of building. Would the BIONICLE purists of this forum react harshly to that? Let's face it - LEGO has moved on from the pre-molded joints-and-torsos Impulse sets and the canister builds of the Inika that defined the last few years of BIONICLE. That age is over. That being said, I'd probably buy all of them because I'd just have to be that completist again.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Personally I would like to see Bionicle brought back, however, my reaction to its return would depend on what it was when it came back. If it was just some random clobbered together globbery gook with the name "Bionicle" at the top of the sets, then I would probably just facepalm. However, if it turned into a worthy re-boot of Bionicle, then I would probably shell out some cash :P. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

"Wow Lego how could you cut off Hero Factory like that? It had such a great story you should keep making sets since the story is continuing!" And then I would realize that my argument made no business sense and move to a third-world country where I can be set for life with the change in my car's cupholder.

kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: ImaGonnaGetYou

If the story was cheesy (which is always a possibility, especially when you have such a large story with so much going on): I'd cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of eternity, even after I died. If the story was good: I'd buy the new versions of the original Toa, seeing as they can't leave them alone Yes, it's all about the story, not the sets, at this point for me in Bionicle. I'd rather them just continue making comics/graphic novels than actual sets.

6244916474_c93fd6d552.jpg

6251674125_b0dbed809a.jpg

6252203236_c35c6ab8f3.jpg

I am a BZPower member, no? That means I like Bionicle.

... No it doesn't.-Dovydas
Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dovydas, you're right. There are so many BZP members who no longer like Bionicle that that statement is basically as false as you get these days. -Heat

Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dovydas, you're right. There are so many BZP members who no longer like Bionicle that that statement is basically as false as you get these days. -Heat
Et tu Brute? :P

I was talking about the old BZPower, back when Bionicle was still going. Besides, this WAS a Bionicle fan site originally, and one of the reasons I joined it. Now, it's not as valid sense more and more people are joining for other reasons, but still, I think it makes perfect sense to say so. Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I probably wouldn't care. Caring would mean spending tons of money. I've moved on from spending tons of money on children's construction toys. I might eventually take a look at what the story is, though, but I wouldn't take much interest in it.EDIT@Zakitano: Yeah, I'd probably laugh too.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

There would be the initial happiness, but then a slow horror would dawn on me as I realise what's about to happen. The Inika build was one of the signature builds of Bionicle, and Lego would never return to that now, so it would be with the new Hero Factory system. The set designers have been getting used to guns and all that stuff, so gone will be the swords, and everything would have to be kid-friendly now, and the STORY would be atrocious. Lego can't bring back Bionicle with the old story, there's too much background to go into. Everything would have to be completely new. No, I really don't want to say it, but Bionicle is gone. I hate having to accept it, but if it returned, it would never be recognisable. Instead of getting Bionicle back, the best we can hope for is something that is like Bionicle, but not actually our beloved line.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I'd be more concerned about the set quality than the theme name. As far as I'm concerned, the best years of Bionicle were finished with long before it ended, so I wasn't too troubled to see it go. It would be cool for it to come back, but even if it did, I'm sure it wouldn't compare to what I think Bionicle was, so I'd probably be disappointed anyway. :P (And then I'd go buy the sets...) :music:

I'd be surprised that they renamed Hero Factory. :P Seriously, though, I would really think more about the sets themselves than I would think about what the line happened to be named. If the sets were any good for building/posing/MOCing with, I would buy at least a few. ~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."