10 Year Anniversary

Mesonak

From what I understand, July 1st of this year was BIONICLE's 10th anniversary (at least, for America; Europe may have hadthe sets released slightly earlier). Due to BZPower being down and the rest of the fan community... forgetting, it largely went un-noticed by the fanbase and Lego. To commemorate it my own way, several friends of mine along with myself released the first trailer for our fan-made movie BioCraft: Chronicles on July 1st, as a tribute of sorts to the reason we're all here today. My question is this; what, if anything, did you do to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the BIONICLE sets, be it the American anniversary or the European anniversary, which has already long past?-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I really didn't know it was the official anniversary. But I guess my nostalgic feelings at the moment, and constant appreciation through RPGs, posts, and comedies are suffice to commemorate such a celebration. Maybe I'll get back into MoCing in honor of it? Bionicle: The Energy Never Dies!

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I didn't even know that was the date. However, I'll MOC for it. Sorta like a late birthday present.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Slightly earlier? We got them back in January of the same year :P But nah, I didn't do anything. I've only just rekindled my Bionicle interest - and even then, it's mostly built on nostalgia for me - so I didn't care enough at the beginning of the year to do anything about it.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I can't believe I didn't know that was Bionicle's anniversary :(

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I was aware of the 10th anniversary of Bionicle, even when the site was down. Although I must've forgotten the date it went out, I happened to celebrate it during the summer instead.What did I did?I might not remember what I did over the summer but I played with my Bionicle sets again, watched the Bionicle movies again, played my PS2 copy (while at a friend's house; my PS2 broke during the summer) and Gameboy Advance copy of Bionicle Heroes, and did a Bionicle meme on deviantArt (Yes, I was on there while the site was down...), and wander around in my Bionicle nostalgia. :happydance: Yep yep. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

All journey's must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. There will be challenges to face and enemies to fight, but I know you will overcome. All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides. Be well, be strong, care for this world and for each other. Farewell. ~ Mata Nui

wearewaiting.gif

I didn't know that it was the official starting date. However, I did remember the day I got my first BIONICLE set, Turaga Matau, since it was the first day of school. So, on the first day of my college year, I brought Turaga Matau with me to my apartment, and he's been there all year so far, standing on my desk! Other than that, nothing particularly out of the ordinary. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

I recall being slightly disappointed BZP wasn't around for the 10th anniversary, but I didn't do anything particularly special - but considering the only set I still have is an Onua Nuva sans his mask and a gear, there wasn't much I could do.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

• 2 weeks later...

I was unaware of the date. But now that you mention it, after I get done with some stuff that I'm busy with, I'll probably dig up the ol' bin o' parts and make some MOCs for old times' sake.

To be honest, I don't really care when the US got them, they were released in 2000 first, period. I don't know if July 1st 2001 is correct for America anyway; I have some friends from the States who say they got their first sets around March, it seems pretty unwise to pin an exact month on it, let alone a day.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

bzp_banner.jpg

July 1st 2001? I got my first set April 2001!

I got my first Bionicle sets (Gali, Onua and Pohatu) on the 1st of March, 2001 - my sixth birthday.As for a celebration of Bionicle's ten-year anniversary, well, as a lot of people said, it's more of a whole-year thing. And I've been celebrating it by starting playing the BZPRPG reboot in January, and carrying on whenever BZP's been up. I've also made a new sprite kit, DSS.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png