Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

So, what's this I hear about someone breaking every rule in the book to make sure their pet sue comes out on top of a fight against an entire faction?Because really, that's just sad.
RAZ. Man, I missed ya.Yeah. There's been quite a bit of debate about the events surrounding a few characters. Accusations of modding and autohits abound, and well, the last page or two offers a few of the details. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Auto-hits? Like we haven't seen that before. Same goes for godmodding.But I really am interested as to how radiant cold from a blade can somehow rearrange the molecular structure of metal to an apparently crystalline pattern, suddenly making said sword brittle.

Edited by Raz: Lord of Going Fast

helo frens

Auto-hits? Like we haven't seen that before. Same goes for godmodding.But I really am interested as to how radiant cold from a blade can somehow rearrange the molecular structure of metal to an apparently crystalline pattern, suddenly making said sword brittle.
But metals are crystalline. That's why they're naturally brittle, most of the time, which is why we have heat treating processes to make them a bit more ductile-and even then, the molecules are still naturally arranged in a crystalline fashion.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

In regards to the "freezing + smashing metal" debate...In the first BIONICLE comic (Tale of the Toa), Kopaka froze a large boulder instantly and then proceeded to smash it into fragments. I am well aware that the Toa we play are not as powerful as the First Toa, but that doesn't mean the things they did are impossible for our characters. If someone wants to freeze an object and then smash it, I see nothing wrong with that, as long as the size (and temperature) of the object in question is taken into consideration, as well as the amount of time and EE the task will require.Kopaka froze a boulder the size of his body, and he did it instantly, making it fragile enough to smash with a single blow of his sword. I can say with reasonable certainty that none of our characters could do that. However, I think they could do it if they invested a good amount of EE, and did it over a period of time rather than in an instant. The time and EE needed would vary depending on the physical qualities of the object. A dagger is much smaller than a boulder, after all.Regardless, it is possible to freeze something and then shatter it, and to do it fairly quickly. We are playing with an odd mix of BIONICLE abd real world physics, and the rules of the BIONICLE universe clearly state that this sort of thing is very much possible.

Hey guys, I'm back.Regarding the noob discussion, I feel like the moment you can RP with no grammatical mistakes, auto-hits and stupid things in a fight, and describe more than required (Unlike Hubert's 1-liners), you are no longer a noob.That, and you make your enemy win fights by auto-hitting.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The discussion on EW's weapon has ended. Hours ago. Please stop bringing it up. Thank you. As for noobishness, JL, no one here is not a newb if your standards were to hold for all. Spelling and grammar mistakes happen in even the "greatest" posts. I guess that's the nature of the game. Personally, I feel a newb is a player who thinks a fight is won or lost, or that the entire purpose of the game is TO fight. There are so many possibilities this game has to offer, and a fight is simply character development.

So uh hey guys I feel like I should bring up the fact that Kughz here actually knows what he's doing and his posts are thoroughly enjoyable to read and I was literally acting out my character's part as he wrote it because I could totally see it happening, and that really doesn't happen often.Also he's awesome to coordinate posts and characters with and oh man this is just working so wellAlso JI1223 X, we're actually advancing on Slate in Le-Wahi right now. May want to look into that.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

LOLI wasn't lecturing. My excuses if it seemed as such...Also, I personally prefer the comedic reference of noobs as "newbs", since it brings to mind a small repitlian creature hacking away madly at a keyboard without a proper concept of the English language. teehee. :P I mean this in full comedy. I am not dissing anyone.EDIT:OMG!!! WOW, thanks Kakaru!!! That means so much... Um.. *blushes*...

Edited by Kughii

Kughii, do you know how many people you can affect by your so called 'Comedy'?Each day, hundreds of thousands of under 12 kids on Xbox Live and PSN cuss, shout, swear and use derogatory terms at older players because of the noob and newb misconception! This is a very serious case! Many parents are forced to give boring life lessons to their kids as a consequence! People's futures, ruined!nDid you know that? Gosh!Also, Kakuru (?), I know. I might've missed a post, though. Checking.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

HAHAAH... Woops. Who knew I was a stand up comedian... I will continue to use Newb, if only to fuel more heart to heart discussions between parents and children in the most turbulent times of a child's life.yes, but we're advancing onto Slate even MORE... Your turn. We'll wait for a reply. Please, pour your full soul into its completion. Sincerely,Kughii

A newbie is only a newbie if they think of themselves as a newbie. Once you reach a certain point in your rping career, you realize that you aren't a rookie learning the ropes anymore, and that you've earned at least some respect among your fellow players. It's probably mostly a mental thing. The barrier has never been very well-defined.I mean, look at me. I've been here since the last reboot, I'm nowhere close to a new member, but I'm not well known or anything, so I consider myself to be a resident of the limbo between being a newbie and being an actual experienced member of the rpg.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Also, I personally prefer the comedic reference of noobs as "newbs", since it brings to mind a small repitlian creature hacking away madly at a keyboard without a proper concept of the English language.
92524534-keyboard-newt-photos-com.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=B53F616F4B95E553D237B4F814C3F1E82AFA74F91897693225D67A9AAC06E65AE30A760B0D811297Apparently you really can find anything on the internet.Here's the thing, guys: To me, RPGs have always been about improvisation, creating plans to get from point A to B and then meeting up with others along the way and having your plans go awry. If everything you want to do happens perfectly you're just phasewalking through a much richer world. There's a certain indescribable sense of thrill at accidentally brushing shoulders with a brute and walking off into the jungle with crunched armour and spending the next couple days in a makeshift lean-to trying to boil medicine out of poisonous flora instead of lazing about in a library in Ga-Wahi like you intended. This is why I play my characters weak now. I let them get hit in combat and I try to get myself into unexpectedly awful situations so I can work out creative solutions around my disabilities.Let your characters get hurt. Let them break an arm or lose a sword. Let them fail to pull off their sick counter-attack move and see what happens. Your fight may get harder. You might end up with some permanent damage. But that's how a character develops, what makes them yours. You may have to play out a character with a crippling limp or absolute loss of sight, but that's what makes them unique. You'll be proud that there's a story behind them and not just a predetermined, untouchable profile.The day you can play with another member who will accept fair hit in turn (as you should as well) is the day you can consider yourself no longer an amateur, and I guarantee that your game will be deeper and richer for it. Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Those are some great points, Kakaru. However, I'm afraid that I'm already too old and jaded to advance to such a level of brilliance like that. I had bad experiences with the combat here, so I've basically given up on doing pvp stuff. That being said, I'll probably try it again some day. Maybe I'll manage to write Yasurek succeeding at something without divine intervention screwing it up. Maybe I'll be able to lift my personal rule banning myself from ever interacting with magnetism and iron toa. Those are my hopes anyway.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

I've been new here for the past three months.And I'm still a noob.
I've been here a year and a week. I'm still a noob.
Gravity has been here for a year. He still claims that he's a noob.
No, he's been here around 10 months. Not a full year.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Please, Kughii. Before you lecture people about noobs, learn the difference between noob and newb.And no, I didnt mean in ever post, I meant being capable of no writing errors.
Except no one, ever, is capable of that.And, yeah, pretty sure Kughz knows what he's talking about. Try to actually listen to his points before you knock him for his term usage, please?-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND