Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

You might be on to something. :PAlso, it's completely possible to conjure "meteros" much like how Hiemalis conjured falling boulders of ice: By having your toa create the elemental structure in the air.
Well, there's your answer, Constructman. But you have to create the stuff in like the atmosphere to get the fiery effect.

Ah. Quick, everyone read up on them so we can defeat Hiemalis! /joke. Thanks for the explanation Magz. :)Again, when you see Hiemalis, run. You probably won't survive your encounter with him unless you're really good at fighting.
Not to say Hiemalis isn;t a valid threat, but almost every PC who has fought him has lived. Arguably, he killed Jaron. But that doesn't really count.He dealt out some damage in the hospital, yes. Injured some PCs, trashed the location. But the second was going to happen anyway. And all of the PCs survived that fight.Heck, whatever the reasons, Seventh Squadron survived facing him with only one "casualty". And Kol was kidnapped, rather than killed. And they were Matoran.Is Hiemalis a valid threat? Heck yes. He is rather well played, and his abilities are used in creative ways. But is he as much of an unstoppable force as people make him out to be? No.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Kray, you cray. Sit down, man, nobody likes you. :(
You're just saying that because Kray caused Hiemalis from being unstoppable to being a regular old PC. :P But yes, he is stoppable, but you have to be good at fighting to beat him. And you should use all the protosteel weapons at your disposal. :D Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

You know my rant about how I was unworthy to be in the Ancora?Well, I was wrong. It's just Eyru and EW who scare me due to the fact that they have the ability to turn a simple boring scenario into a five paragraph long block of text worthy of publishing
If you thought long and hard and tried hard you could probably pull that off, too. Anyone could if they put their mind to it.

Kray, you cray. Sit down, man, nobody likes you. :(
Not saying Hiemalis isn't a threat. He is. PC or no, he did take on a large group of characters and come out relatively unscathed.But, he isn't as unstoppable as people think. He isn't on the same level as Heuani, and Heuani was injured by some clever and creative RPing. Hiemalis is easier to hurt than Heuani. Hiemalis can be hurt.EDIT: And see, people like me. :P Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Tyler Durden scares me tooAnd yeah, I try, but it ends up becoming disorganized or redundant. The only way I can really bring out the insides of a character is if I have two of them interacting with each other, like Skaaraa and Genno.
You just need practice.I used to be horrible at decent posts. And when I say horrible, I mean I couldn't seem to get the words to flow from my brain to the page without it ending badly. But more recently, I started being able to write longer and better posts easier.Where you can, challenge yourself. Practice, and challenge yourself. Between those two things, you'll start to improve. Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

Okay, two things. One: what's and "other"Second: Constructman. Please stay right where you are.
Look at Mangz's post, bro:
The Others are a race of otherworldly beings in the ASoIaF series. They use necromancy and exude an aura of cold. Their language sounds like ice cracking. And their weapons can shatter stuff upon conta-...Sounds a fair bit like a certain hospital-destroying Ko-Toa we all know and love.

One: An other is a species from A song of ice and fireTwo: He isn't going anywhere; he's just having a little but of a character development moment with Genno. Sadly, conversations between characters are the only effective type of character development that I can do; internal monologues don't cut it.Also, you used the "roll with it" quote out of context. And SKaaraa's going to be yeling "One does not simply" memes soon because of this interruption.

Tyler Durden scares me tooAnd yeah, I try, but it ends up becoming disorganized or redundant. The only way I can really bring out the insides of a character is if I have two of them interacting with each other, like Skaaraa and Genno.
You just need practice.I used to be horrible at decent posts. And when I say horrible, I mean I couldn't seem to get the words to flow from my brain to the page without it ending badly. But more recently, I started being able to write longer and better posts easier.Where you can, challenge yourself. Practice, and challenge yourself. Between those two things, you'll start to improve.
Just don't do what I do, and try to compensate by making your posts super-flowery, and your prose super-purple.Anyway, I'm gonna be pretty inactive for the next four or five days, so I'm sorry if I'm inconveniencing anyone.

[ BZPRPG ]

One: An other is a species from A song of ice and fireTwo: He isn't going anywhere; he's just having a little but of a character development moment with Genno. Sadly, conversations between characters are the only effective type of character development that I can do; internal monologues don't cut it.Also, you used the "roll with it" quote out of context. And SKaaraa's going to be yeling "One does not simply" memes soon because of this interruption.
Excellent. I will look forward to a rebuttal on all those beautiful taunts.And I will have you know I do not love this said Ko-toa. This said Ko-toa got permission from the GM -- or was it a request from the GM, I forget the details --to destroy one of my personal projects. Sadly, I still have a chip of the hospital on my shoulders. Edited by Kughii

ONE DOES SPAWN CHARACTERS OUT OF NOWHERE AND ATTACK MINOR CHARACTERS WITH THEM.Also, of all the people you chose to pick a fight with, you chose me? I'm still kinda annoyed
Just attacking the big guns doesn't make much sense, now does it? Tactically, or with regards to playing.

fK5oqYf.jpg

ONE DOES SPAWN CHARACTERS OUT OF NOWHERE AND ATTACK MINOR CHARACTERS WITH THEM.Also, of all the people you chose to pick a fight with, you chose me? I'm still kinda annoyed
Just attacking the big guns doesn't make much sense, now does it? Tactically, or with regards to playing.
If you are annoyed about being "targeted", please send me a PM and we can work things out. This is called "roleplaying" in an interactive, sandbox setting. And yes <grammar fragment>, one CAN just spawn random characters and go after someone in this game. It's called character creation. It happens very often. In fact, I might argue it is the essence to most of the small profile, mass produced characters populating this world.

And I will have you know I do not love this said Ko-toa. This said Ko-toa got permission from the GM -- or was it a request from the GM, I forget the details --to destroy one of my personal projects. Sadly, I still have a chip of the hospital on my shoulders.
That hospital sucked and the drama-llama romance in it sucked. So it was well deserved, I thought. :P Honestly, you should be thanking me for my service. XP

...ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY SPAWN CHARACTERS OUT OF NOWHERE...
Most hypocritical statement of the year. XDIf I recall correctly, when one of your characters died in the pala-koro battle, you spawned 3 others that instanty joined the fight in his place.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I have made an executive decision. Consequently it only effects myself. However, I would love to see others do this as well:Remember this is not a game of win or lose, but a fabulous communal story. As such, arguments over pointless moments of delusion or brief forgetfulness of the rules seem mundane, even repungent. I will not partake in them. If I have a problem, I will communicate in a pm wit the specific player(s) involved. I just want to say I love all of you as players -- without all our characters this world would be nothing but a game board without its pieces. We are the sum of everyone's parts. That's why I love this game so much.

Edited by Kughii

Quick question: In the very start of the fights, do you guys hold back?
In the beginning of the fight, I will usually play a bit more cautiously, assuming my characters are skilled fighters. Or even have much practice fighting. I will play mostly on the defensive for a while to determine what tricks the opponent likes to use.And then I use them against them. :evilgrin:

fK5oqYf.jpg

The Mystix were creepy. I don't think we mentioned them because we completely forgot their names....despite them having been what, the first PC invasion force?
Actually, JL, the Mystix came back a while ago. You've just been gone for a long, long time. ;)
Vorex, which Mystix still live?
Zarnarax, Zaruthan, Aclaraung, Aru, those two Mystix Wotz has, maybe that one I repeatedly asked AuRon to get rid of.- Vorex
*Norathed. You also forgot Halnos.EDIT: Speaking of which, Kal, when are you going to have an Aclaraung post? I've been waiting for weeks (Maybe a month now o-o).
Is Norathed that dragon one that I never approved of and repeatedly said that you should either get rid of or contact me to negotiate? Because neither of those things seems to have happened... :sly:- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Against a 'good' character, do you hold back?
I rarely hold much back in a fight. Now, if it's a really tough battle, then I might pull a few tricks I might otherwise save for when I really need them. But otherwise, I don;t hold much back.

fK5oqYf.jpg