Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

So what do you think makes you 'win' or 'lose' a fight?I think it depends on your own or the other players intelligence and creativity.If you are more knowledgeable and can apply that in more creative ways, you'll win.But then of course, of your opponent has a low intelligence.... :( I don't think you can win.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

If anyone has news to be posted (whether IC or announcements), please send them to me. Any estimate on how much time has passed in Pala-Koro? I'd do a Mata Nui Daily segment on that, but I don't know if any reporter would be awake right now and if they were, would they have had the time to write up a headline and post it...Yes, I'm trying to have Mata Nui Daily be IC-based so that people who read it can safely assume that their characters will know about the corresponding events.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Well, people waiting for the concert would notice some strange lights and explosions coming from the jungle around Pala-Koro. I used that excuse for one of my characters in Le-Koro to travel to Pala-Koro and watch the battle.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

So what do you think makes you 'win' or 'lose' a fight?I think it depends on your own or the other players intelligence and creativity.If you are more knowledgeable and can apply that in more creative ways, you'll win.But then of course, of your opponent has a low intelligence.... :( I don't think you can win.
Most fights are pre-calculated, that is, the opposite sides of the conflict already determine who will win, and they play towards that goal. Sometimes they just bat themselves around a bit before deciding who would logically win later. Overall, in order for there to be a clear winner in a fight, it needs to be decided. In other circumstances, the character played most creatively wins. The fine line between creativity and downright out-of-your-butt moves is then developed and conflicts arise; that's what happened between us yesterday, which was a foul on my part. But most of the time battles have no actual winner, just a few blows and no real finishing strike (or one that works, anyway).

In my experience, I personally have never pre-calculated the end of a fight. I find that it makes things a bit less fun, when you already know who is going to win. I prefer playing my best, and seeing how I do.But for the most part, yes. The player that plays the most creatively usually wins. Granted, that doesn't mean the player that uses the most convoluted, power-centered moves. :P That means the player who takes the best advantage of the opportunities given to them, and play the most cleverly.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

In my experience, I personally have never pre-calculated the end of a fight. I find that it makes things a bit less fun, when you already know who is going to win. I prefer playing my best, and seeing how I do.But for the most part, yes. The player that plays the most creatively usually wins. Granted, that doesn't mean the player that uses the most convoluted, power-centered moves. :P That means the player who takes the best advantage of the opportunities given to them, and play the most cleverly.
I agree with All of this. For the part I bolded, as an extra example; it's like watching a movie when you already know the special twist at the end. Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

What is this holding back you speak of?/Blatant lies. I always hold back. ALWAYS.
I dunno. I don't think you could have held back in Treize v. Galvatroth.
I was actually. I didn't get the chance to bring out my other plans.
..... This terrifies me.More than a little, actually. Because that implies you had plans in place. That might have worked.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

My chars tend to hold back (possible exception being doomie). I don't believe any one of them has yet seen reason or the circumstances to go all out. Even poor, powerless Sulov has yet to totally maximize his capabilities.And I always have plans.Always.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

If you go into a fight wanting a winner, then the fight should be coordinated beforehand, in my opinion. If it's a "just cuz" fight, then things can and should be a little less predictable. The only issue is that fights without pre-planned victors are more likely to lead to rule-breaking or arguments -- not to mention they tend to demand more time and energy as opposed to just planning the whole thing without having to deal with many surprises.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

My chars tend to hold back (possible exception being doomie). I don't believe any one of them has yet seen reason or the circumstances to go all out. Even poor, powerless Sulov has yet to totally maximize his capabilities.And I always have plans.Always.
Even poor, powerless Sulov has yet to totally maximize his capabilities.
poor, powerless Sulov
That was a funny joke.

I'm not really feeling well today so I might not be on for awhile. PM me if I miss anything.On the note of holding back and precalculating, unles my character's personality calls for it, I don't. And for precalculating, I rarely do that either; I just try to win no matter what. Even in fights where the plot calls for me to lose (Zharuk vs the whole Maasi), I still try to win. Might be an ego thing. This can sometimes be counterproductive (psyzhran vs 5 of the daedra, jomar vs pae, etc)

It is not technically an sutohit, but it does fall into another questionable area.It has been explicitly stated that the destruction of another player's foreign tech is forbidden without permission. I cannot recall with certainty if that extends to weapons in general, but a case could be made that it does.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

I'm okay with the destruction of Kythera's weapon, as there was no logical way for me to get her out of that situation. (She didn't know that would happen, etc.)However, I remember one of the Staff stating that like anything else belonging to a character, weapons can not be auto-hitted unless the other RP actually chooses their weapon to be hit. I believe it also applies for ripping a weapon out of their grasp, etc.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'm okay with the destruction of Kythera's weapon, as there was no logical way for me to get her out of that situation. (She didn't know that would happen, etc.)However, I remember one of the Staff stating that like anything else belonging to a character, weapons can not be auto-hitted unless the other RP actually chooses their weapon to be hit. I believe it also applies for ripping a weapon out of their grasp, etc.
Basically, yes. They did say that you aren't allowed to destroy a character's possessions without that character's permission, so if you think about it, destroying the weapon did count as an autohit, power of Hiemalis's sword or no.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Personally, if I were playing Hiemalis in that situation, I would have written that the dagger was frozen, and whacked hard enough for it to shatter, but not write down the shattering (DUN DUN DUn) so it would be open-ended.
And that is what you are supposed to do.Instead of "The weapon was frozen, and and shattered with a single hit" what should have been written was something like "The temperature of Kythera's weapon started to drop, dangerously so, to the point that a single hit would shatter it. Hiemalis swung his sword, knowing Kythera would likely try to block it."However, one must also consider that EW's style consists largely of autohits and half autohits. It does not excuse it when he does autohit, but many of his better fights occur when both sides autohit to a degree.

fK5oqYf.jpg

I don't quite get how his sword can supercool and destroy any weapons without either A: Suffering some effects itself, or B: Requiring Hiemalis to exert his element to do so.If it was anything staff approved, I wouldn't care as much, but I don't see anything saying it is, so meh.But yeah, while a lot of the fights are better when both autohit to a degree, what happens when one side autohits more than the other, or if one opponent refuses to autohit? What happens then? Style differences like that could lead to a lot of problems popping up, y'know.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I don't quite get how his sword can supercool and destroy any weapons without either A: Suffering some effects itself, or B: Requiring Hiemalis to exert his element to do so.If it was anything staff approved, I wouldn't care as much, but I don't see anything saying it is, so meh.But yeah, while a lot of the fights are better when both autohit to a degree, what happens when one side autohits more than the other, or if one opponent refuses to autohit? What happens then? Style differences like that could lead to a lot of problems popping up, y'know.
I never said it excused the auto-hitting tendency. I was just pointing out that it is definitely something that affects the circumstances.Anyway. We're all sort of beating a dead horse at this point. Gravity has said he's okay with it, and that pretty much resolves the problem. Any problems that people have regarding EW, Hiemalis, the sword or anything else should be PM'd to the player in question at this point.

fK5oqYf.jpg

If any autohit whatsoever is to happen, it should be agreed upon beforehand. Anything else is bad form in my book and should be incessantly complained about OOC (preferably in PM) until the issue has been resolved. At that point the battle may continue.

I don't think we need to define a limit specifically, but I do think people should keep in mind that there is a limit to how much you can do with your element in a few seconds of melee combat.

Edited by Katuko

Lol, look what happened when I was gone.I would never have pulled that trick on the guns, but the dagger -- come on, guys, it's a /dagger/. There are many just like it all over the island, even in the village itself. There is literally nothing special about it, it's destruction is not something to cry about. I understand the limits, I know the complications of the action, but I also am reasonable with how I do it. Had I destroyed one of Kythera's pistols I would have been in the wrong, but this is just trivial. Don't cry over spilled milk, guys.The ability to shatter weapons by contact was established in the character profile as an effect of the toa tool. That's right, toa tool, not just random weapon. It's completely legitimate.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Lol, look what happened when I was gone.I would never have pulled that trick on the guns, but the dagger -- come on, guys, it's a /dagger/. There are many just like it all over the island, even in the village itself. There is literally nothing special about it, it's destruction is not something to cry about. I understand the limits, I know the complications of the action, but I also am reasonable with how I do it. Had I destroyed one of Kythera's pistols I would have been in the wrong, but this is just trivial. Don't cry over spilled milk, guys.The ability to shatter weapons by contact was established in the character profile as an effect of the toa tool. That's right, toa tool, not just random weapon. It's completely legitimate.
Cool story, bro.Needs more realism.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Cool story, bro.Needs more realism.- Vorex
Wut?