Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

For those of us in the Matoran group, if we are indeed stumbling upon the Temple of Creation, shouldn't we wait till Tuck comes back before interacting with it? We don't want to potray it incorrectly after all.

Possibly... when we find it, it's not like we're getting in or anything... it requires 4 specific charms to get in, and I'm pretty sure we have none of those.
We also don't know if the temples are in the same locations as in MNOG II, so there is that.But I hope they are, or this whole side quest I'm doing is pointless :P

Well, I have an army (loads of NPC and all) with fourteen players as leading members. I was kidding about competition- I'm sure the squad members would be powerful allies.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Still, whoever frees the island gets all the glory.*Pokes the two groups with a stick, trying to provoke a fight* :P

Ya, except that Snelly has the clue from Ko-wahi, and knows about the clue from Le-wahi... you're gonna have to share that glory son... :P

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Well, I have an army (loads of NPC and all) with fourteen players as leading members. I was kidding about competition- I'm sure the squad members would be powerful allies.

You have an NPC army? I thought NPCs were limited to short/independent interactions only and not made to be permanent followers?

Still, whoever frees the island gets all the glory.*Pokes the two groups with a stick, trying to provoke a fight* :P

That is true. My character's ambition is actually to seize control once Makuta is gone, so... :lol:When it comes to the clues and the temples... that's not the quest we're on. We're just going to march in and take some land. The group will probably get to hear about them soon enough, though, and then we'll see.

Anyone have any groups/ teams in need of someone/open for interaction.

Join usssss... :D Edited by Katuko

Attention, Island Liberation Squad: I have updated my blog post with the new "character cards".Mef Man/Ledzel: I'm not done spriting the trench coat and hat for your character. Clothing is hard. :lol: Also, a question: should the gray shoulder pads be outside or inside the coat once I add it?Thomas Hunter/Conteriam: I jury-rigged a sprite based on your profile MOC. I hope it's close enough. I know your character hasn't formally joined the team yet, but I was on a roll and decided to make a sprite card for you anyways. :)

The plates can go inside the trench coat. By the way, these guys are looking awesome! You're doing a great job on them!-Mef Man

Island Liberation Squad? Looks like I have competition. ;)

Competition? If it's liberty you want, you would fight alongside us, at least until Makuta has been vanquished. :lol: If not, you still haven't really got any opposition, since we're heading into Makuta-infested regions and not looking for specific players (yet).Tell me your current plan of action so I can compare. :)

Mata Nui help you guys if the pirates ever decide to team up...I've got a crew of eleven, all individual PCs (admittedly, some of them are inactive and about to be kicked). Perhaps some day there will be a Brethren Court in Xa-Koro :POh, and my learned colleague Katuko is correct. NPCs are limited to passing meetings, certainly not as recurring characters.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ya, except that Snelly has the clue from Ko-wahi, and knows about the clue from Le-wahi... you're gonna have to share that glory son... :P
Oh no, don't get me wrong; Salamander has absolutely no interest in personal glory.

Lacertus

My team currently consists of 6 confirmed members, 1 as-good-as-confirmed, and 1 that's a bit fuzzy. He'll either be thrown to the Takea sharks, taken to the mainland and ditched, or join us. Probably the latter, but you never know. :lol:We definitely need more people if we are to come out on top, though.'Cuz I don't wanna rule the world alonenone of us can make it on our own...(Madrihk may have to corrupt everyone to the path of evil and then slaughter everyone who disagrees with his PC army, but to do it on his own? Nah, won't work.)

Edited by Katuko

Certainly not recurring, they'd consist of twenty or thirty NPCs each time they appeared, and then always different people. If it comes down to it I'll just do what Kalama does.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Certainly not recurring, they'd consist of twenty or thirty NPCs each time they appeared, and then always different people. If it comes down to it I'll just do what Kalama does.

Kalama's Marines are now, due to Tuck's good grace, all PCs (and those that aren't are official NPCs, I believe). If I may quote:

Non-Player Characters (NPC's) are legal to use in your posts. However, recurring NPC's such as personal bodyguards, armies, servants, etc. are not allowed.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

As I said (and emphasized) they wouldn't be recurring, rather different ones. That's what I mean, if I need to, I'll make them minor PCs. I'll ask the others to do the same.As hard as it apparently is to believe, I'm not stupid.I've read the rules. I've thought this through.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

As I said (and emphasized) they wouldn't be recurring, rather different ones. That's what I mean, if I need to, I'll make them minor PCs. I'll ask the others to do the same.As hard as it apparently is to believe, I'm not stupid.I've read the rules. I've thought this through.

I'm sure you're not, and I'm sure you have. But I think Tuck will see this as you just wriggling to get around the rules. Whatever happens, you'll have to ask his permission or it's likely he will get out the smiting finger.

Geisthaende, while I'll admit you have a point in that the army seems to be against the rules, several experienced RPers (including a CoT RPG judge and one or two vets) saw the introductory post for the army. As well, the whole idea was probably seen by Tuck and/or vets at one point or another on KNI's blog. Your point seems valid, but the fact that none of them have made a fuss about this makes it seems awfully like the idea is chill with the mods to me.-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Geisthaende, while I'll admit you have a point in that the army seems to be against the rules, several experienced RPers (including a CoT RPG judge and one or two vets) saw the introductory post for the army. As well, the whole idea was probably seen by Tuck and/or vets at one point or another on KNI's blog. Your point seems valid, but the fact that none of them have made a fuss about this makes it seems awfully like the idea is chill with the mods to me.-The Fearless Leader

Ah, I see. This was the first I'd really heard about it (I was out of Ga-Wahi on business :D) so I wasn't sure how much publicity it had got.And an army appears to be appearing in Le-Koro too, although I know as little about that as about this.Oh, I hope we end up with a war. Just so I can have Echelon say, "There is a war coming."

Dude, you kidding me?Of course there'll be a war. There's always at least one war per BZPRPG/NBZP Season (mainly guessing there, but I lurked a bit, I think I know). And if there isn't a war this time around...Well, then. Kuyre's Army won't be doing its job, now, will it? :devil: Plus, I love wars. And I have something like seven characters right now, with one more on the way. Suffice to say that I can do a lot to start one, if only for interactions, char dev., & fights during it.-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

A war would be fun. Perhaps several private armies/teams, the villages, and the followers of Makuta could join into the fray.I'm thinking of starting a Makuta-aligned resistance network. It would be leaderless, and serve to operate safehouses and supply drops. It would also distribute Makuta's announcements to said safehouses.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

For those of us in the Matoran group, if we are indeed stumbling upon the Temple of Creation, shouldn't we wait till Tuck comes back before interacting with it? We don't want to potray it incorrectly after all.

Um, just wondering did you get clue for the Po-Koro, cause that's where the Temple of Creation is, at least in canon.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

The temple of creation os kinda obivous compared to other temples (the other ones dont have a 50 ft. head marking the door :P)but we still cant do anything about it until tucky tells s what to do

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Um, just wondering did you get clue for the Po-Koro, cause that's where the Temple of Creation is, at least in canon.
I have no idea how we knew to search Po-Koro, but the others in the group do seem to know where we are going. Dece's just along for the ride.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Actually the main issue here is that, how did your group happen upon the Temple of Creation, did you group merely assume, did you gather the evidence? Regardless you have to wait for Tuck, too many people in this RPG are impatient.I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything, I just don't want to discover things, only for someone else to jump in and say "hey I found it first". That's not fun, and personally I find it disrespectful. In fact, it seems like some people are trying to turn this RPG into a competition. I just feel like I'm getting the run-around.I want to work with other people on this, but no one else has shown interest in searching Po-Wahi. Wasn't like I was hoarding it.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

it was some other guys idea. my char just happened to be with his group. but a giant head in the desert Is kinda obvious. but probably has been disregarded because nobody could enter and/or break the door.and we are just travelers, so this probably wont do much, just because we are seeing new things

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Actually the main issue here is that, how did your group happen upon the Temple of Creation, did you group merely assume, did you gather the evidence? Regardless you have to wait for Tuck, too many people in this RPG are impatient.I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything, I just don't want to discover things, only for someone else to jump in and say "hey I found it first". That's not fun, and personally I find it disrespectful. In fact, it seems like some people are trying to turn this RPG into a competition. I just feel like I'm getting the run-around.I want to work with other people on this, but no one else has shown interest in searching Po-Wahi. Wasn't like I was hoarding it.

Ya, I agree, I was the only one who looked for clues in Ko-wahi, and I've had my character willing share that with a trusted few, of course, my character is trying to keep Makuta followers from obtaining said info, but otherwise he's okay with sharing it. His goal is to stop Makuta at all cost, it's not a competition.And there is a slumber party in a Le-koro inn, if something interesting doesn't happen soon there WILL be a pillow fight. :P Edited by Snelly

And, well, the Neutral Party was the only one to ask two Turaga for clues. Sure, Vakama was being an old Coot, but we got clues out of Nokama and Macku. And now we made it to the Temple. Just took a week.

I'm fairly certain that going to any of the temples right now is a bad idea, Turaga Matau told my group that we need all the clues from all the temples or something first, of course you're characters don't know that... Matoro told my character he'd most likely die if he went to the temple of spirit without solving the riddle....so, I hope that doesn't happen to you... XD

I have no idea how we knew to search Po-Koro, but the others in the group do seem to know where we are going. Dece's just along for the ride.
Same here... it wans't my idea to look there... blame Atiel :P but don't literally blame him...

Bah! Who needs charms? Just smash your way in! No, I do not encourage that. However, I find it hard to believe that a Toa would have any difficulty breaking into any of the temples.

It would be too hard smashing your way in... but even a Toa might have some difficulty... the door might be very, very thick, after all...