Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

@Mangz: May Riaril rest in peace... That was shaping up to be an...interesting romance before I left...-Mef
I'm still sas that one ended. It was certainly better written than most of the other ones that have occurred with my characters.And it turned Krayz into a dark, brooding, berserker. There's that too.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hey, I've managed to only have two characters in relationships. That's gotta be an accomplishment. Never mind that one of them got married. That's irrelevant. :P
I only have one char in a relationship, except it's not even a ful relationship. :P That's an accomplishment.
Pssh, you see the number of characters I have, not one of them, not a single one has been in a romantic relationship of any kind.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I'm still freaking out about the whole Auron thing.But aside from that, I'm gonna be starting a new group of Toa. I'll be updating it later about what's it about.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Mef: Hmm...Alright, bro. I'll give Suzasomething her little date. But it'll be a different kind of romance. Namely, depressing, slow-moving, and very, very unpredictable.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Alright we get it some people hate the romance, some people love it.The point is it can be done good and it can be done badly. I like seeing the romance shatter characters actually, that's why I'm using them. Depressing stories are the best stories.So what would be some of things Alrin would need to check in on in Ko-Wahi? Cause right now he's just gathering his men.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Mef:Hmm...Alright, bro. I'll give Suzasomething her little date. But it'll be a different kind of romance.Namely, depressing, slow-moving, and very, very unpredictable.
"You called?""I think he did."-DorianxNaara

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I for one like happy endings. Tragedies are overdone. It has to end at least somewhat happy anyway.
I'd argue the opposite of that second sentence.Well, yeah. It's rare my chars have completely depressing endings. But YMMV on if some endings are or aren't, and even if there's some happiness-'Was it worth all that?' is a question I think people should ask for most of mine.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I'm just saying that for endings, the beginning and middle of plots can be depressing for all I care. I'm just not satisfied if it's one of those 'nobody wins' kind of endings. Heck, I'd even go for the bad guy winning if he was the only one who could. If everyone just dies like it's Hamlet or something then I'm just like....why did I bother with this in the first place?

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Ga-Wahi and ask them to read Tarkis's ICs: the dude portrays rather accurately the promiscuity that can make a good ambiguous character great, and reading the posts is a real treat.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I'm just saying that for endings, the beginning and middle of plots can be depressing for all I care. I'm just not satisfied if it's one of those 'nobody wins' kind of endings. Heck, I'd even go for the bad guy winning if he was the only one who could. If everyone just dies like it's Hamlet or something then I'm just like....why did I bother with this in the first place?
I'm just saying that happy endings can also be said to be 'overdone'. It's kinda subjective. Besides which, there are an awful lot of happy endings out there in traditional stories as well as modern ones.As for not bothering with it in the first place: Just because the ending doesn't allow for any victory besides death's doesn't mean that it's bad. I'd argue that such an ending can be done well. It's tragic, yes, but it could easily be turned into a comedy via satire or just as easily make for a very good bittersweet or tragic stop to a story that satisfies. Who says people need to live for an ending to be happy...Who says that people must win for it to be not worth your read in the first place? Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Well, anything can be overdone, and I have to admit happy endings get overdone too. I'm just saying tragic endings seem to happen a lot in this rpg. As for people living or dying, I have to agree that you can have a happy ending even if people die, but it's only happy is there is somebody left for it to be happy for, even it's not the main characters.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

[7/17/2012 10:46:53 PM] bzdurden: Naona and Dehkaz will happen someday.[7/17/2012 10:47:03 PM] Hubertus: No it will not.[7/17/2012 10:47:16 PM] bzdurden: It's going to, someday. xD[7/17/2012 10:48:03 PM] Hubertus: It won''t.[7/17/2012 10:48:07 PM] Hubertus: Because I can't write romance.
This is relevant to the current discussion I believe.So everyone, follow in my footsteps! Do lots and lots of ship-teasing, but go nowhere romantic!

I know this is a little late, but I wanted to point out something.Shade/Rockosis was the customer who got that nunchuck-ejecting sword. I actually PM'ed Tuck about it before he left. He gave full permission, although he said it could not be created by a normal toa-being. He suggested finding it in a quest, or having a Skakdi or Vortixx build it.and how did date discussion become one-night-stand discussion? It's getting a little off-topic.-GB

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

I for one like the in between happy endings and tragedies the best.Tuara x Angelus.Unreachable goals are a special kind of sadness.
Oh, Angel. </3Why do you always go for the girls that get you killed?-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME