Hero Factory Set You Found Awesome

Aedai Rivin

Okay, I'm not going to lie- The new Hero Factory building system cannot be truly enjoyed until you've bought a larger set. Preferably Scorpio. He is the best Titan set, as: 1. Costs $5 less than the other two Titans2. Contains practically no pins or needles.3. Comprised almost entirely of bone and shell pieces.4. LIME5.This Piece. (actually don't have a picture of said piece, but it's the one that is almost a Vahki thigh piece but has a ball in the middle. Part ID = 4614227) Now, although red is the most useful color, the fact that this set comes with SIX of these makes the set great. So what Hero Factory set did you find to be AWESOME? Rivin

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Waspix. Unlike many LEGO sets, he has parts in large quantities. Often individual special parts will be limited to around one or two, maybe three on a larger set (well, they used to anyway). Waspix has at least five of each limb piece included, a bunch of shells, and four of the beautiful Ben 10 hands.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I have to Agree on Scorpio. I love the new system, and I love having a massive variety of it's parts, hence my love for this set. I also loved how it double up some of the parts from Drilldozer! (I hate having odd numbers of parts)

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well, I think that the Furno Bike was extremely well designed, but Fangz, Waspix, and Raw-Jaw were all pretty cool―especially in play value and build style. I'm stuck between those.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Waspix. Unlike many LEGO sets, he has parts in large quantities. Often individual special parts will be limited to around one or two, maybe three on a larger set (well, they used to anyway). Waspix has at least five of each limb piece included, a bunch of shells, and four of the beautiful Ben 10 hands.

I agree, Waspix is a great set. Tempted to ask for another for Christmas since the parts are so useful. Rivin

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Waspix, Scorpio, Witch Doctor, and Dropship. Great pieces in all of them, IMHO.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I really like'd the 2.0's in general, with Evo being the least favorite(I just can't quite cope with the purple for some reason). Also I LOVED the Stormer sets throughout the course of HF, and I have the 1.0 and 3.0 versions (sadly when I went to buy the 2.0 version he wasn't there :P). Despite my original thoughts, Rocka slowly became pretty cool in my opinion for some reason; I guess I really liked the gold, but I I ever get him in 3.0, I'd customize him to be better.

Stringer 3.0, Rocka XL, and Doc.Stringer is just awesome with that bear claw of his and the colors. I enjoy the Fire Lord build, and I feel RXL fixes some flaws (aside from the shoulders which I had to modify). And Doc is just awesome. Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

• 3 weeks later...

Even though I don't have any HF sets, I must admit Breez 2.0 looks kinda cool. Also, Evo 2.0 looks cool also.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... From what I have, Rotor is definitely the coolest looking set. As far as play value goes, I need to go with Drilldozer or the heroes. Witch Doctor was good, but had an odd leg build... I don't have Scorpio yet, as the price is shooting up on him, but he's definitely one that I'd want. My favorite hero would have to be Nex. I really love the orange color scheme. It seems that the 3.0 colors are a bit brighter than that of the 2.0s. I can't get over the bright orange on Nex 3.0.@Bambi - I would definitely get Witch Doctor if you're a MOCer, as it has so many useful parts. But otherwise, Scorpio is probably pretty good; I don't have him myself, but I'm definitely getting that next. I also need to say Rotor, because he's just that awesome. Fire Lord is good, but has some problems with arm articulation. Von Nebula is kind of short, but overall a nice character. I personally don't suggest Rocka XL, because, as far as play value goes, he has a few flaws; claw pieces fall off way too easily, articulation in arms is meh, pieces on feet fall off pretty easily.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

Meltdown will always be my favorite HF set.Mainly because:

• [*]Yellow Metru legs[*]Mask-like face[*]Trans green bucket-thingies[*]Cool dual color Mahri tubes[*]Black thornax launcher meteor blaster[*]Pincers and a tentacle ("I'm like Carapar and Kalmah combined!")[*]Yellow Metru legs[*]Makes my think of a crazy doctor villian evil guy.

Although Nitroblast comes in close second.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

If you're talking about the set I found awesome in general, Witch Doctor all the way. His design, parts, general aesthetic, is leaps and bounds over the other sets of the line, minus a few qualms with how his technic is implemented. My personal favorite "normal-sized" titan would have to be Rotor from the original wave. Outstanding color scheme, design, parts selection, everything was good in that set.My favorite set from the line thus far that isn't a titan? Rocka or Thornraxx, both from the upcoming Breakout line.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Okay, the one that I had the least expectations for and ended up surprising me with its awesome was Furno 3.0. At the time I bought it, everyone was incredibly cynical about it and labelled it the worst of the jungle six. But upon building, I was amazed with how cool that helmet was and how the whole overall design worked. At first, I thought I wouldn't like the lack of thigh armour, but in the end it just made it look so much better. And the wing attachment things really gave the set a more bird-like appearance and made the whole thing just look 15% cooler. (No, I'm not going to say it)Although, the overall most awesome set is Witch Doctor. The purely incredible and innovative leg design is so original that I can't help but love it, as well as the brand new shoulder design. Sure, he doesn't shrug, but he swings his arms in ways it's impossible for any other set to do so, and for that reason I adore him. That's probably the reason I dislike Black Phantom more than I should, because he ignores such creativity in exchange for the typical, boring Fire Lord build.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I have really liked the Furno sets. Yes, all of them. I was a wee bit disappointed in the 2.0 version, but it kinda grew on me. Furno 1.0 just had the look about him, and I loved the weapon and using it as a dual-bladed-firesword as well as a gun. I have yet to procure the Furno Bike or 3.0 (not to mention 4.0...Series 4? Breakout Furno? What are we calling this new wave?) but I really loved the designs from all the pictures.

Edited by King Joe

I love that Nex is orange and a commo guy, why because I'm a commo guy in the US Army and our colors are orange and silver.

Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Wow, so many varied recommendations... I started to total them up but it was coming to a lot of 4s, 5s, and 6s. Looks like Waspix, Toxic Reapa, Witch Doctor, and Scorpio (oh, and Rotor) are the leading villain sets. Not gonna bother with the Heros, we all know Recon is the favorite there! :D Just kidding. Sorta.I will say, I haven't bought a Hero Factory set yet [Haven't bought a system set since... geez. Before hand pieces? How long ago was that? (getting a little old for this stuff)], but Recon and the new Rocka are rock'n my short list. Now if Recon would add that sweet looking hex energy shield piece to Recon... Anyway.

Formerly Toa Nuva of Time, or Timedude16, or TheSnackist. I missed BZPRPG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like Thornraxx. A really awesome set IMO, especially because he doesn't use the typical torso. And two of those useful pieces. I also found Meltdown awesome. Probably the best 'canister' sized villain of 2010.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.