OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Announcement vid for the BIONICLE Battle for the Mask of Power App

[Vid Wall]

Cool! Is it available? Is it only for Ipad, or will it be available for Iphone too?

Here's the Itunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/lego-bionicle-mask-creation/id944892554?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

"Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus." 

It hasn't shown up on the US app store, but it has on the New Zealand app store, presumably because it's already January 1 in NZ. So it should be available in other countries once the New Year arrives. :)

The gameplay looks simple enough, although it's a bit repetitive and not quite as story-driven as my dream BIONICLE game. In the very least it should be easy enough for a non-gamer like me to jump into. I can't tell if there's no story component or if the people demonstrating the gameplay in that video are just skipping things like cutscenes or introduction text. In any case, perhaps the LEGO Elves theme's app might finally deliver the LEGO-branded point-and-click adventure game experience that I've been waiting so many years for!

I like that there's some simple character customization. It's not a necessity from a storytelling perspective, but there are a lot of people who would feel let down by a LEGO game that didn't allow for any building or creativity, so that helps the game to satisfy those people's expectations.

well i went to every store i could go to and none have them, but my friend lives in a smaller town and his target has all of the sets there so on my way back from there im going to try to swing by there and get lewa. Good luck to all of you who haven't gotten any yet and i hope you find your's soon ;)

• Upvote 1

Pink squids are royalty.

i kind of made this when i was bored hope you guys like it

didn't you know!?!

meme96abeebfddc6ac4a.jpg

Yes yes, "look Salvus is here to bash us and be a jerk face!" Please just don't, ok? I've gotten enough of that for a while.

Anyway, something that's been bugging me is the apparent shortness of the story, if the Toa have already gotten their golden masks, then what are they going to do until the next wave of sets come out, just smoosh spiders? In G1, the mask collecting aspect of the story was spread out over the course of the whole year, now the TOA land and the protectors just kinda shrug and go "the gold Hau is in that lava flow."

Anyway, something that's been bugging me is the apparent shortness of the story, if the Toa have already gotten their golden masks, then what are they going to do until the next wave of sets come out, just smoosh spiders? In G1, the mask collecting aspect of the story was spread out over the course of the whole year, now the TOA land and the protectors just kinda shrug and go "the gold Hau is in that lava flow."

In G1, 2001 had only a single wave, so the second wave was the Bohrok's. I think that G2 will go the same route: Collect masks whilst fighting enemies, then fight new enemies.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

In G1, 2001 had only a single wave, so the second wave was the Bohrok's. I think that G2 will go the same route: Collect masks whilst fighting enemies, then fight new enemies.

Yes, but if the Toa already got their masks, what do the collect til summer?

Yes, but if the Toa already got their masks, what do the collect til summer?

They don't collect anything. They fight the Skull Spiders and their Lord.

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Technically, the actual episodes haven't shown the Toa getting their golden masks yet. It's just the Toa's character videos that have shown that. It's the same way that there's stuff in some of the LEGO Ninjago teaser videos that hasn't actually happened in the actual story yet.

Considering that the next episode is titled "The Protectors Fight Back" and the Protectors don't appear at all in the Toa's character videos, I think we still have at least one episode to go before the Toa reach any of their golden masks.

Technically, the actual episodes haven't shown the Toa getting their golden masks yet. It's just the Toa's character videos that have shown that. It's the same way that there's stuff in some of the LEGO Ninjago teaser videos that hasn't actually happened in the actual story yet.Considering that the next episode is titled "The Protectors Fight Back" and the Protectors don't appear at all in the Toa's character videos, I think we still have at least one episode to go before the Toa reach any of their golden masks.

I don't like Ninjago (surprise surprise), so I was unaware of any parallels in promotions. Oops.

Technically, the actual episodes haven't shown the Toa getting their golden masks yet. It's just the Toa's character videos that have shown that. It's the same way that there's stuff in some of the LEGO Ninjago teaser videos that hasn't actually happened in the actual story yet.

Considering that the next episode is titled "The Protectors Fight Back" and the Protectors don't appear at all in the Toa's character videos, I think we still have at least one episode to go before the Toa reach any of their golden masks.

Also, even after they get their masks there's plenty of things to do simply by having the characters interact and whatnot. And they still have to search for Ekimu apparently, which may lead directly to the conflict in the second half of the year.

AXKP5KC.png

This promo shows the Toa Mahri arriving and finding the Mask of Life within two minutes, but it's not like the 2007 story just ended there.

The masks aren't the only goal, and the fact that an abbreviated promotional movie showed the Toa getting them doesn't mean the entire year's story is over and done.  It's not as if we didn't know it was going to happen; the sets themselves even include the gold masks.

• Upvote 6

OpAXNpl.jpg

Also, even after they get their masks there's plenty of things to do simply by having the characters interact and whatnot. And they still have to search for Ekimu apparently, which may lead directly to the conflict in the second half of the year.

Agreed with this. I'm certain that after the Toa have learned to make use of their powers and reached their golden masks, their next big challenge will be learning to work together as a team. A lot of their flaws seem custom-tailored to creating teamwork challenges that can be overcome without reducing the characters' uniqueness. Instead of just "outgrowing" their weaknesses like many of the G1 Toa did, the new Toa may have to learn to tolearte each other's weaknesses, and to help each other through them.

I certainly hope that's the direction that the story takes things, because as a person with learning disabilities it means a lot more to me for the characters to have real life challenges that require them to become a support network for one another than for their only flaws to be childish attitude problems that disappear as soon as they can stop bickering.

• Upvote 8

Agreed with this. I'm certain that after the Toa have learned to make use of their powers and reached their golden masks, their next big challenge will be learning to work together as a team. A lot of their flaws seem custom-tailored to creating teamwork challenges that can be overcome without reducing the characters' uniqueness. Instead of just "outgrowing" their weaknesses like many of the G1 Toa did, the new Toa may have to learn to tolearte each other's weaknesses, and to help each other through them.

I certainly hope that's the direction that the story takes things, because as a person with learning disabilities it means a lot more to me for the characters to have real life challenges that require them to become a support network for one another than for their only flaws to be childish attitude problems that disappear as soon as they can stop bickering.

I would like to see an episode with no Toa in it, but just the Protectors. 

cringe

Next episode title is "the Protectors fight back" so hopefully :)

• Upvote 1

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Next episode title is "the Protectors fight back" so hopefully :)

They better use their elemental powers in awesome ways.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I like discounts...

Well who doesn't? :P

Announcement vid for the BIONICLE Battle for the Mask of Power App

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzYEC9rXp0

Interesting, the narrator says that the Mask of Creation was used to unleash the army of Skull Spiders

Gameplay video here:

I guess the Skull Spider Army was created by the Mask of Creation, then? (That, or the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders was created by the MoCr.)

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

OMG guys, I just found the pictures for the 2015 Bionicle summer sets, they are just so amazing

Edit: Clever, but contains leaked info nonetheless. Sorry!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 5

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Are Gali and Onua still not being found at Target? I'd like to pick them up tomorrow if I can.

OMG guys, I just found the pictures for the 2015 Bionicle summer sets, they are just so amazing

I realize that's a joke, but it does have leaked names so you should remove it.

IetTsFQ.png

Are Gali and Onua still not being found at Target? I'd like to pick them up tomorrow if I can.

Despite the efforts of the best intelligence agencies across the globe, Gali and Onua have yet to be spotted at any Target stores across the United States. The elusive pair have been spotted at Toys R Us stores, but even there sightings are rare.

• Upvote 3

Despite the efforts of the best intelligence agencies across the globe, Gali and Onua have yet to be spotted at any Target stores across the United States. The elusive pair have been spotted at Toys R Us stores, but even there sightings are rare.

That's too bad, guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday when Target restocks.

IetTsFQ.png

Tomorrow's going to be a different story.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Joke? What are you talking, no, no, no, they are 100% real

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This makes me really want (despite the 1 in 1 million probability) G2 Bohrok! Also the app looks like what I would expect, hopefully the android version will be available soon. I still really hope we get a proper TT games Bionicle video game. Maybe we might actually get a game like the other LEGO games. With the most recent ones having freeroam and side quests, we could have an explorable Okoto with side quests to help Protectors!

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

It's January 1st 2015, WHERE ARE THE BONKLES! I can't find them on amazon or the official lego shop!

Well, the sets are already out in physical Lego shops, so the Lego website should be updated fairly soon. But if you're that impatient, then http://m.thehut.com/elysium.search?search=bionicle .

Sadly I can't buy from that site (my mother refuses to use her credit card on anything but amazon). 

It's time to move on.

It's January 1st 2015, WHERE ARE THE BONKLES! I can't find them on amazon or the official lego shop!

Well, the sets are already out in physical Lego shops, so the Lego website should be updated fairly soon. But if you're that impatient, then http://m.thehut.com/elysium.search?search=bionicle .

Sadly I can't buy from that site (my mother refuses to use her credit card on anything but amazon).
Ouch, the distrust :/
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Aanchir about the story moving too fast. As well as this, I think it's important to take into consideration that we haven't actually seen any of the toa next to each other, interact, or fighting side-by-side. Like Mr. Buttlass said, the interactions and relationships between the toa is a big deal that should take a bunch of time to develop and show.

Woah, really? Huh... I know a fair amount of people with that. I have autism, myself. Sorry to derail things this way, but I have to wonder what you must think of certain characters of mine (Namely, Silva).

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

They're on Amazon, just search Bionicle 2015, they'll come up. May have to scroll some because only 4 will show up at the top, but they have 'em. Protectors are listed too from what I can see.

That's the American version of amazon, I actually have found them on amazon UK (although they are scatted among other bionicle and HF products) and the issue with them is that when you look at the page it says "Usually dispatches within 3 to 5 weeks" let's hope that's a mistake that will be corrected soon. 

It's time to move on.