OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Hey does anyone know if "3-5 working days" accounts for the day I ordered the sets?

Depends how early on the day, but I would count it out. Normally it's business days though, so if you order then today, it won't count anyway.

I've just ordered all the sets of the Lego Website so I should get them this week.

Good for you, and I ordered them around 4ish. 

It's time to move on.

I called the Northeastern Target in Anchorage to see if they had them. The clerk swore up and down they had Tahu, Pohatu, and Kopaka, but when she read the box for the third time she saw that they were all Protectors and that they don't get new shipments until next week. 

Before that she literally went down to the floor and said that yes, they had them. I was all set to put them on a 24 hour reserve when she said she had misread the box.

Why can't people learn to read? She was trying to pronounce the names when all I told her to do was just check if it said 'Master' or 'Protector.' It really wasn't that hard.

Now I have to wait until Monday to call again and ask.

• Upvote 1

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Has anyone else had a minor problem with Kopaka's shoulder joints? For me they feel slightly loose compared to Onua's. When Kopakas posed and standing still they're fine and the arms stay in place, and they're even fine when I rotate the gears at slow speeds; but when I move his arms fast with the gear system they start moving around. Maybe its just the axel-hole ball joint that's the problem, if I recall correctly those pieces have historically been a little bit of a looser fit than normal ball joints.

Edited by hiddenderek

Has anyone else had a minor problem with Kopaka's shoulder joints? For me they feel slightly loose compared to Onua's. When Kopakas posed and standing still they're fine and the arms stay in place, and they're even fine when I rotate the gears at slow speeds; but when I move his arms fast with the gear system they start moving around. Maybe its just the axel-hole ball joint that's the problem, if I recall correctly those pieces have historically been a little bit of a looser fit than normal ball joints.

Not yet, but I'll keep an eye out for that issue.

Hey does anyone know if "3-5 working days" accounts for the day I ordered the sets?

Depends how early on the day, but I would count it out. Normally it's business days though, so if you order then today, it won't count anyway.

I've just ordered all the sets of the Lego Website so I should get them this week.

I doubt it would count then, but Sundays usually don't anyway. Definately not on lego. So you should get them Wednesday or Friday.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I doubt it would count then, but Sundays usually don't anyway. Definately not on lego. So you should get them Wednesday or Friday.

I ordered them around 4ish last Friday.

It's time to move on.

I really wish FedEx shipped on Sundays. I ordered my sets on Friday, and they're already 50% here, there's a large chance I'll get them a day or two early.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

If I remember Onua's instructions correctly, he has friction extenders on his arms, which should be why his are tighter; friction extenders work like the pistons in later Bionicle titan sets. :)

VBWj75sh.png

If I remember Onua's instructions correctly, he has friction extenders on his arms, which should be why his are tighter, friction extenders work like the pistons in later Bionicle titan sets. :)

Are friction extenders these? 98613.gifOnua doesn't have those. And the looseness is on both arms right out of the box with Kopaka so it would be very strange for both to be messed up if theres some kind of problem with the pieces.

Edited by hiddenderek

If I remember Onua's instructions correctly, he has friction extenders on his arms, which should be why his are tighter, friction extenders work like the pistons in later Bionicle titan sets. :)

Are friction extenders these? 98613.gifOnua doesn't have those. And the looseness is on both arms right out of the box with Kopaka so it would be very strange for both to be messed up if theres some kind of problem with the pieces.

Onua does have those friction pieces on his arms. They may blend in with the grey knee/elbow joint, but they're there.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Onua should have those. They're in his instructions (page 17, step 22). Did you accidentally use them someplace else int he build? But anyway, I think another factor might be that Onua's shoulders are not attached perpendicular to the axle of rotation — they're at a 45-degree angle from it, so inertia won't affect them quite as much as the other Toa's.

Onua should have those. They're in his instructions (page 17, step 22). Did you accidentally use them someplace else int he build? But anyway, I think another factor might be that Onua's shoulders are not attached perpendicular to the axle of rotation — they're at a 45-degree angle from it, so inertia won't affect them quite as much as the other Toa's.

Oh yeah, I forgot to put those on lol. Whoops, just added them. Yeah that would make sense too.

CALLING ALL LEGO SHOP-A-HOLLICS

Okay so I'm a little worried. 

I havent ordered from LEGO shop @ Home in absolutely ages, but I recently made an order on there (Sunday), and when i click on order status it says "please contact customer services"

I cant work out if it means one of two things.

1. I just means that if I want to find where my orders at I need to contact customer services, but there is nothing wrong with it.

2. Something is wrong with my order and I need to contact customer services to find out what it is.

Anyone with experience ordering from this site, please get back to me.

Thanks 

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

CALLING ALL LEGO SHOP-A-HOLLICS

Okay so I'm a little worried. 

I havent ordered from LEGO shop @ Home in absolutely ages, but I recently made an order on there (Sunday), and when i click on order status it says "please contact customer services"

I cant work out if it means one of two things.

1. I just means that if I want to find where my orders at I need to contact customer services, but there is nothing wrong with it.

2. Something is wrong with my order and I need to contact customer services to find out what it is.

Anyone with experience ordering from this site, please get back to me.

Thanks 

I got the same message. Were you signed in as a member on the site, or did you purchase them as a guest? I purchased them as a guest, so I was assuming that might be why I was getting the error. 

So my remaining Toa from Walmart.com just arrived in my state a couple days earlier that expected. Hopefully they ship my stuff to my building tomorrow!

It better not be one of the cheap-o, tracking glitches...

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Can you make the boxes flat if you open both ends?

If I remember Onua's instructions correctly, he has friction extenders on his arms, which should be why his are tighter; friction extenders work like the pistons in later Bionicle titan sets. :)

What makes them different from regular sockets?

Never had them in hand, but I'd assume they'd give a tighter connection.

They have a rubber insert molded into them, similar to these parts from the 2004–2007 BIONICLE titan sets, which gives them much more friction than an ordinary ball cup would have.
  • Upvote 2

Who here has Gali?

I do! She's one of the six sets I reviewed for The New Elementary!

Did you have a question about her design? Or are you just wondering about her availability in stores (since she was one of the last to show up)? I can't really answer the latter question since I got the set mailed to me by the LEGO Group. But I have seen a lot of posts on twitter, DeviantArt, etc. from people who were able to find her in stores.

She's my favorite Toa (Alongside Hahli) and I can't seem to find her anywhere in Alaska. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I have some questions:

1. Are any of her parts loose? Like her mask?

2. How detailed is her chest compared to the other Toa?

3. Can she stand with those fins on her feet?

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

They have a rubber insert molded into them, similar to these parts from the 2004–2007 BIONICLE titan sets, which gives them much more friction than an ordinary ball cup would have.

I would love to those those old pieces coming back somewhere in the future :)

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

She's my favorite Toa (Alongside Hahli) and I can't seem to find her anywhere in Alaska. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I have some questions:

1. Are any of her parts loose? Like her mask?

2. How detailed is her chest compared to the other Toa?

3. Can she stand with those fins on her feet?

1. Not really, from my experience, although her Battle Mode weapon being so heavy means her right arm is greatly affected by inertia when swinging it. Fortunately, the weight of her weapon doesn't seriously influence her ability to hold a pose, because she has not one but two friction pins geared to her torso: one in front of her torso beam and one behind.

As for her mask, it's one of the tighter connections among the Toa I have (Gali, Kopaka, and Lewa), but not as tight as a Skull Spider. You do have to be a bit careful about how her shoulder armor is positioned so that it doesn't knock her mask off when you use the gear function, but there are plenty of positions you can have it in where that's no trouble at all, so it's not a huge problem.

2. Her chest plate is definitely the most detailed one of the three Toa I have. It features a wavy blue pattern in the lower left and right corners, and features three asymmetrical silver vents and an asymmetrical pattern using both Bright Yellow and metallic blue. The metallic blue zigzags on the lower portion of the chest pattern resemble cascading waves.

3. Yes, she stands just fine with or without her fins.

Who here has Gali?

Once my package from lego arrives I should have her.

I should be getting my Gali today, but FedEx keeps saying my package is 'at destination sort facility' since yesterday.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I don't see the big deal with leghead, hes tiny compared to the toa.

No, he's actually not. He's as long, nearly as wide, and half as tall as an average Toa like Gali is tall.

[ much better. -Makaru ]

You didn't have to delete the whole paragraph. To phrase things a little kinder, please quit with the thoughtless and provocative posts, Salvus, not to mention the name-calling. I'd like to think you're better than that. You don't see other people calling sets and building systems names just to upset other people.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 4

I don't see the big deal with leghead, hes tiny compared to the toa.

No, he's actually not. He's as long, nearly as wide, and half as tall as an average Toa like Gali is tall.

[ much better. -Makaru ]

You didn't have to delete the whole paragraph. To phrase things a little kinder, please quit with the thoughtless and provocative posts, Salvus, not to mention the name-calling. I'd like to think you're better than that. You don't see other people calling sets and building systems names just to upset other people.

I think he's still bitter about Hero Factory "killing" Bionicle, then skinning it and wearing the skin five years later.

Oh, that's not how I feel... but it seems to be how he feels. I'm surprised by how many people seem to think scrapping this building system and bringing back the "real"  Bionicle system is easy, let alone possible.

• Upvote 3

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Am I the only one who thinks of the facehuggers from the Alien series when I see the Skull Spiders? It's like a fusion of facehuggers and Krana...in spider form. Did Alien, the Bohrok saga, and Eight Legged Freaks all have a baby?  :lol:

I've got Gali btw! Have all sets...Protectors of fire, ice, and water are lined up in that order from left to right...and Tahu, Kopaka, and Gali are lined up in that order, from left to right. Not only does it look patriotic as intended, but it also looks good and flows well.  :flagusa:

I noticed the new sets came in at work, I'll have to pick up -some- of them. Onua and Tahu look pretty boss.

I was wondering, is this a reboot of the series? Or does this somehow connect to the original timeline? The web series thing really seems like it could go either way.

Here we go again.

Who here has Gali?

Once my package from lego arrives I should have her.

I should be getting my Gali today, but FedEx keeps saying my package is 'at destination sort facility' since yesterday.

Probably because Sunday isn't a postal day.

The status hasn't changed all day. I wouldn't be surprised if my stuff won't come until Wednesday, the expected arrival date.

te0FrhT.jpg