OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I think Steve Blum as Makuta would be awesome. I loved hearing Amon's voice, it sounded so twisted and evil yet had this very calm and smooth nature to it.

If Makuta has different voices depending on whether he's wearing the Mask of Control and Ultimate Power, Mark Hamill for Makuta wearing the MoUP please! Because Joker, as well  as his talent of being Joker disguised as the Fire Lord without the Fire Nation suspecting it at any given point.

Wait is this an Avatar reference? I heard Mr. Luke Skywalker played the joker in the Batman TV series, though didn't believe it at first. Though which Fire Lord did he play?

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think Steve Blum as Makuta would be awesome. I loved hearing Amon's voice, it sounded so twisted and evil yet had this very calm and smooth nature to it.

If Makuta has different voices depending on whether he's wearing the Mask of Control and Ultimate Power, Mark Hamill for Makuta wearing the MoUP please! Because Joker, as well  as his talent of being Joker disguised as the Fire Lord without the Fire Nation suspecting it at any given point.

Wait is this an Avatar reference? I heard Mr. Luke Skywalker played the joker in the Batman TV series, though didn't believe it at first. Though which Fire Lord did he play?

Mark Hamill did all of the voice acting for the Joker in Batman: TAS, the Justice League episodes he was in, that one Batman Beyond Joker movie AND the Arkham game series. Most people who like Batman past the casual extent see him as the definitive Joker, and Kevin Conroy (has voiced Batman in most animated media, as well as the Arkham series since the late 90's) as the definitive Batman. Mark Hamill voiced Fire Lord Ozai. 

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Steve Blum as Pohatu

Don't know

Steve Blum is an extremely prolific voice actor.  You might know him as Amon from The Legend of Korra.  Or a number of other things.  He voices a lot of growly characters, but for Pohatu I was thinking somewhere around his voice for JP from Digimon Frontier.

These questions always seem to be met with lists of either celebrities or big screen actors.  Casting the most famous person isn't always the best option, especially when there are hundreds of voice actors who could most likely do a much better job.

You're kidding, right? Steve Blum cannot hold a candle to someone like Liam Neeson or Jennifer Lawrence. I'd rather have someone famous voice one of the Toa than some nobody voice actor. 

I had a good laugh at that.

Good voice actors are good voice actors, regardless of how well their name is known. Granted, I will give you that Liam Neeson has a very distinct and recognizable voice. Having him as a voice would be less on his merits as a voice actor and more on the distinct voice he has. Jennifer Lawrence is a wonderful actress, but her voice is notably less distinct. Her talents and acting range lie better with live action, where she has the full range of her face, body language, and voice, instead of straight up voice acting.

That being said, notable voice actors are very good at what they do, which is convey character, action and tone through their voice alone (sometimes multiple voices within the same show). Which is also why I had to laugh when you said that Steve Blum couldn't "hold a candle" to Liam Neeson or Jennifer Lawrence. He's a very specific type of actor, the same as they are. Both could probably not hold up in theater either. Different environment entirely.

Edited by Kahi
  • Upvote 2

Steve Blum as Pohatu, Fred Tatasciore as Onua, Jennifer Lawrence as Gali, Chris Evans as Kopaka, Robert Downey Jr. as Lewa, and Peter Cullen as Tahu.

Don't know, don't know, sounds OK, know but not feeling it for him, ohgawdplzno, and can't place.

I think it should be (in the same order) Chris Pratt, Scott Bakula, Emma Stone, Liam Neeson, Charlie Day and Zachary Levi.

I have RDJ as Lewa because of personality, lol. Peter Cullen is the voice of Optimus Prime. So here's a new version....

Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Zoe Saldana, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nolan North, Peter Cullen.

Vin Diesel? As the big wise guy? No. Just... no. You want an action hero as Onua? My vote goes to Danny Trejo. He's the only guy who doesn't fit the wise guy archetype that I'd like as Onua (though the accent might be a little thick.)

Zoe Saldana? She's the green chick in Guardians of the Galaxy, right? Nah... She's too... not Gali.

Ahnald Swazzenegger? Da Turminatah? Ahs Kopaka? Ha. Ha. Ha. You funny.

Nolan North as Lewa? Okay... I like Charlie Day more, but I suppose we can substitute Benny's SPACESHIP! for the Space Core's proclamation of SPACE! SPACE! SSSPPPAAACCCEEE! if we so desired.

And Optimus Prime as Tahu? To be honest, I've always seen Tahu as more the awkward hero, an unlikely hero, the underdog. Having Optimus Prime voice him... uh... Ok... 

I forgot to mention the Protectors. Of course, the Protector of Fire must be Morgan Freeman, the PoW could be Meryl Streep, the PoA could be Nolan North, the PoI might work with Garry Chalk (Colonel Chekov from SG-1 and Optimus Prime from... whereever he voiced Optimus Prime), the PoS could be... um... that guy... and the PoE could be Patrick Stewart.

If they wanted Ekimu in the film, perhaps Michael Dorn could voice him like he did Mata Nui, and Makuta could be played by Cliff Simon (Baal.)

You dunno Steve Blum, but he voiced Starscream in Transformers Prime and Tank Dempsey in CoD WaW Nazi Zombies, CoD Black Ops Zombies, and CoD: BO2 Zombies. Nolan North voiced Smokescreen from Transformers Prime, Nathan Drake from Uncharted, and Edward Richtofen from CoD Zombies. Fred Tatasciore voiced Nikolai and Dr Maxis from CoD Zombies, as well as Tuma from TLR. Steve Blum actually fits Kopaka, now that I think of his Dempsey voice. Kate Beckinsale might be a good fit for Gali. David Kaye as Tahu, perhaps? Peter Cullen for Onua, Nolan North as Pohatu, Chris Pratt as Lewa. How does that sound?

Old: I have an army. 

New: We have a Hulk.

Oh, wait....wrong series...

Yes, we do need Cryoshell back, they've got a good sound.

I am sorry I just had to laugh at that.

Lord of Skull Spiders: I have an army of Skull Spiders.

Tahu: We have a hulk. *points to Onua*

:P  :P  :P

In the sets: Tahu is taller than Onua.

In the animation: Onua is tall enough to pick up both Tahu and Kopaka to break up a fight. 

Go figure.

• Upvote 2

Well we really only see them from an upper body view, it is possible that Onua did not pick them completely off the ground. Just enough to separate them.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Huh... Must have blinked during that frame of the clip. There goes my argument... :P

Onua.png

Well we really only see them from an upper body view, it is possible that Onua did not pick them completely off the ground. Just enough to separate them.

16192289199_f7e37a45f8_z.jpg

Can I just mention how great and emotive the poses were in that bit, and in general.

That Lewa. The body language is great.

• Upvote 4

AXKP5KC.png

This should become my next desktop wallpaper. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Can I just mention how great and emotive the poses were in that bit, and in general.

What does Gali's tell you?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

What does Gali's tell you?

"i'm standing this way so it's obvious i'm female and there's only one way women stand when at rest in fiction"

• Upvote 6

Lewa looks like he's been smokin' that bamboo if you get what I'm sayin'

Self MOC: Fren

How lewd

Bionicle Episodes 5 through 9 and the the stop motion videos have either been removed from Lego's Youtube channel or set to private. So I guess we should've enjoyed them while they were online. 

I think this also is proof that these episodes weren't suppose to be released this early. I have no doubt that they will be released later on in the year though. I assume this also applies to the stop motion videos, though I don't understand why they were taken down since they were non-canon and helped promote the set's powered up modes. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Sorry, I didn't know BZPower rules about such pictures (anyway it's already on internet).

Oh, silly leaker. This is not the place for such content. Sorry.

Talk for yourself, please.

How about I talk for everyone.

Leaked content is not to be posted or discussed anywhere on BZPower as per the request of The Lego Group.

Wanna know how we got all those exclusive looks at Bionicle, it's because we follow that rule. Cool? Cool.

• Upvote 6

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Sorry, I didn't know BZPower rules about such pictures (anyway it's already on internet).

Leaked content is not to be posted or discussed anywhere on BZPower as per the request of The Lego Group.

Wanna know how we got all those exclusive looks at Bionicle, it's because we follow that rule. Cool? Cool.

Fine, I already understood and wrote "sorry". Any problems now?

Good luck for talking for all in future.

Hey, let's not be disrespectful to our beloved Fuhrer! Er, I mean moderator...

So, I found a Bionicle 2015 t-shirt on eBay, but...it's not my size. Anyone seen any of them anywhere. They're black and have the Mask of Creation with the Bionicle logo beneath it.

Hey, let's not be disrespectful to our beloved Fuhrer! Er, I mean moderator...

I don't know how keeping back illegal images (not to mention for benefits from lego) somehow makes the mod team a dictatorship. 

It's time to move on.

Steve Blum as Pohatu

Don't know

Steve Blum is an extremely prolific voice actor.  You might know him as Amon from The Legend of Korra.  Or a number of other things.  He voices a lot of growly characters, but for Pohatu I was thinking somewhere around his voice for JP from Digimon Frontier.

These questions always seem to be met with lists of either celebrities or big screen actors.  Casting the most famous person isn't always the best option, especially when there are hundreds of voice actors who could most likely do a much better job.

You're kidding, right? Steve Blum cannot hold a candle to someone like Liam Neeson or Jennifer Lawrence. I'd rather have someone famous voice one of the Toa than some nobody voice actor. 

(Facepalm.)

Seriously, dude? Steve Blum is one of the best voice actors out there. Keep in mind, all forms of acting are different, so casting celebrities is seriously not the best option when looking at voice over roles. I don't mean to get worked up, but people calling him out as a nobody seems really insensitive... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD6rhRs4mNk (Here's a good example of his work. I think he'd be great voicing Makuta, or maybe Kopaka, even.)

Edited by Shadow Destroyer
  • Upvote 2

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

So, when do you guys think Episode 5 of Gen 2 Bionicle will be officially released by Lego? I know a lot of people have already seen it, but when do you hope it will be released again?

I'm personally hoping for it to be officially released sometime next month. I think that would be a reasonable time for it to be available for viewing again. (And Lego can released it in more languages as well. :P)

pc0lX6T.png

My alleged warcrimes aside, let's bring this back on topic thank you.

But what if bringing us back on topic is the war crime

in all seriousness though

What are everyone's thoughts on the possible trans-orange Hau polybag that has been announced?

The only thought I have about it is that I can get this really cool mask once this promotion comes to the states! :D I can't wait to personally see my Tahu wearing it.

Edited by The Master Sword

pc0lX6T.png

Should I keep the Trans-red Hau in its bag along with all the stuff that it comes with it, or take it out for display purposes?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Should I keep the Trans-red Hau in its bag along with all the stuff that it comes with it, or take it out for display purposes?

Just get 2, and then you'll be able to do both. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Just get 2, and then you'll be able to do both. :P

I just want one.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well, if you want to sell it down the line, keep it packaged.

If you want to build super cool creations or see how it looks on Tahu, then open it!