OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

For those asking about the US release date, it was to my knowledge that the summer wave is officially released August 1st as it has been for some years. I can't remember if that's official or just the recommended date for stores to begin putting them on shelves. It's what I've followed since around 2005.

Granted, they tend to be put out a little early, normally by Toysrus. I'm just glad it's a lot harder for them to jack up prices now that they aren't the only store to carry anything. That's probably the worst thing about TRU in general.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

That is why I'm not reading anything past the first six page preview listed on the front page of BZP. I don't want to know what happens in the book until I get it. :P

That's fair. I'm personally glad to have read these samples as they have improved my opinion on 2015's story as a whole, and also alleviated the doubt I had about the content and writing. But it does feel a little wrong to know how it all ends so early.

Regardless, I think fans will be pleased. I like the approach they are going for - keep it simple for the web content, but really delve into it with the books. A lot more people are going to access the web content over the books, so I doubt there will be complaints about complexity from the majority of casual fans. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Just out of curiousity I checked amazon.de to see if they used the same preview as the US, then I checked .ca, and then I checked .co.uk, and then I got too lazy to check any other domains for amazon, but they all used the same preview, so I'm a bit more skeptical to the leak, but I'm staying hopeful.

The initial 6-page preview should be the same for everyone. But, if you log into amazon, you unlock random excerpts from the rest of the book. These are (probably?) unique to each person. Others have mentioned getting the fight against LOSS or something from the beginning of the summer story. I got some stuff with Pohatu arriving at the region of stone and Kopaka forgetting he has a scope on his face. That someone got an Onua and Korgot-focused preview is entirely believable. 

I can understand being cautious and everything, but sometimes it's unwarranted. There's nothing to indicate it's not a legitimate screencap, and Dina posted a complete page so that should really be that.

Oh that explains it! I saw the other screencaps of previews so yeah, I definitely believe it now. It's kind of funny, I was specifically assuming that PoE was female after not having been referred to by a gendered pronoun and it turned out to be true!

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Man, it's really hard to avoid reading any more of those previews, I want to wait until I get the books, but it's pretty neat that Korgot is female. I totally wouldn't have pegged the PoE to be female. Also, anyone else in the US getting the Skull Villain's tv commercial while watching youtube videos? Because it happened to me and the sets aren't out for another 2 weeks or so.

EDIT: Also, how about that glorious new alphabet! Man, I am so relieved we are getting some real world building now. Also, presumably Bingzak is a member of the Jungle Tribe, correct? It seems that way considering he knew a shortcut through the jungle. Which means that him mentioning most of his tribe was taken over by Skull Spiders... that's a throwback to when Le-Koro was taken overtaken and mind controlled by Krana! I just now put that together, awesome I hope we get more throwbacks like that.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Now I look at people who said Bionicle wouldn't give characters names or create an alphabet for Okoto, and I just laugh.

Yeah we were wrong but this is the first time lego have left out important information such as character names till mid-way through the year so who knew what was gonna happen. Also are the protectors names gonna be featured on the website at some point? 

• Upvote 3

It's time to move on.

Couple musings I've had: 

I looked back on the animations with the mindset that Korgot is a woman. Whether the decision was made before or after the episodes were animated, she's definitely got a little bit of characterization already. The Protector of Earth is all tough looking, but she really is sort of a scaredy-cat. She's the only one of the six who's shaking when approached by Skull Spiders, and she jumps up all startled when Onua slams his hammer down.  :P

Also, the book makes it clear that the Protectors Ekimu whispered the prophecy to are ANCIENT and the current Protectors are their descendants. I'm going to guess they're never going to tell us the names or genders of any of the ancient Protectors... Which is actually kind of brilliant because the animations would suggest they look the same as the current ones.

You'd prefer the PoW to be female? Pretend the one up on your shelf is the ancient one and no one can prove you wrong. Same goes for the people who aren't sure about Korgot. Maybe the ancient PoE was male? Who knows?  ;)
  • Upvote 2

she jumps up all startled when Onua slams his hammer down.

Pretty sure that's supposed to be the result of the shockwave from the hammer.

I read it as part surprise, but mostly the result of the shockwave Onua produced. Say the PoS flinched, but the shockwave threw her in the air.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Question for people who display their sets: Do you usually pose them 'in action', or just your standard 'military pose'?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I have Kopaka, Lewa & Gali standing still, but I originally had Lewa & Gali fighting their skull spiders. I had to shift them into a standing pose to make room for Kopaka. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

It's confirmed now.

Edited by Minty Green
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

In the same way a sock is the guy with its hand in it making weird gestures.

• Upvote 3

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That's kind of too bad. I was hoping that Kulta would be his own character, simply being influenced by Makuta, similar to Roodaka and Zaktan. Instead, he's basically another Dume and Maxilos.

Oh well. At least we have a Makuta set, in a sense. Still, if Skull Grinder ended up being Makuta anyway, then why did they even reveal the host's name as Kulta? Unless there was supposed to be a mystery behind this, I'm not really sure.

• Upvote 1

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

That's kind of too bad. I was hoping that Kulta would be his own character, simply being influenced by Makuta, similar to Roodaka and Zaktan. Instead, he's basically another Dume and Maxilos.

Oh well. At least we have a Makuta set, in a sense. Still, if Skull Grinder ended up being Makuta anyway, then why did they even reveal the host's name as Kulta? Unless there was supposed to be a mystery behind this, I'm not really sure.

In my typically creative way, I was saying that if A controls B, that doesn't make B the same thing as A. I put my hand in a puppet to amuse a kid, the puppet isn't me. So it's very likely your hope is correct.

• Upvote 1

There is a part in book where Skull Grinder swings his staff and it shatters all the Toa's masks.

If that doesn't help confirm they're getting new masks, I dunno what does.

Edited by Minty Green
  • Upvote 5

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Question for people who display their sets: Do you usually pose them 'in action', or just your standard 'military pose'?

I tend to have mine in standard poses, but with how balanced the 2015 sets are I figure action poses would be a lot easier and more inventive now.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I prefer to pose them in some sort of action pose, because it looks a little dull if they're all stnding up straight in a line. But I may have to change that soon because of my diminishing shelf space.

Somewhere in the middle. I don't like them just standing there all stocky and boring, but on the other hand I don't have room for anything dramatic. Here's my current 2015 shelf set-up:

2015%20Shelf_zpsoyyvxjfx.jpg

• Upvote 2

My sets are always in standing poses. I don't normally pose them in action poses because I always end up picking them up and messing with them. lol

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

I have LoSS on the television, surrounded by Skull Spiders. The Toa stand on my desk, in a triangle formation. I plan to put Ekimu with the Toa and Kulta next to his pet bug, where they can leer at each other backed up by their allies.