OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Russian sites don't work in the U.S.

And I'm not making an account for it.

Edited by Minty Green

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Nice find, but could some of you plz post this on Youtube? I tried to watch it but after like 2 seconds the video always skipped to the main site where it wanted me to register. I had to keep going back to the video and manualy set it on the time where it stopped just to watch another 2 seconds after which I have to repeat the whole proces again, ROFL -_-

IhDIrLK.jpg

Nice find, but could some of you plz post this on Youtube? I tried to watch it but after like 2 seconds the video always skipped to the main site where it wanted me to register. I had to keep going back to the video and manualy set it on the time where it stopped just to watch another 2 seconds after which I have to repeat the whole proces again, ROFL -_-
If no one do it before me, I'll upload it on YouTube this evening, when I will be at home.

Later:

Oops, it is already on YouTube: http://youtu.be/OTWT-refRCg

Edited by ...The Chosen One...
  • Upvote 3

UPD2: I see smth like coliseum in this video.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that the ancient Arena Skull Slicer dwells in takes cues from the design of the Coliseum in LoMN and WoS. This is looking pretty neat, I'm glad that the series is continuing to take liberties with the designs of the characters (even if it means we'll get a miss for every few hits, hi Kulta)

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

There is a difference between low-quality Russian and HQ English video: At 0:15 Russian video Ekimu appears.

Haha, you're right. Someone messed up when they were cutting together the trailer from the episodes. So we know now that that scene is from the final confrontation, the barrage of lasers Kulta is blocking come from Ekimu's hammer. And they switched Ekimu's eye color from blue to green to match the set.

one of the clips appears to show some Toa being separated from the others. perhaps this is the in-story justification for Tahu and Gali not having drained masks; theyre off somewhere else while the others have their masks stolen.

Dunno, they're separated by large set/small set, instead of Tahu and Gali being separated from the group. I think it will just happen that Tahu and Gali are the only ones not to have their masks swiped, but who knows.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Has anyone noticed that in the final scene (where Kopaka activates his shield) Lewa is missing?

At the end of the Winter run, he's up standing on a structure while the other Toa travel along the ground. So presumably, the Skull Warriors appear and Kopaka throws up the shield for the Toa immediately surrounding him, while Lewa flies in to confront them/around to dodge the lasers or something like that.

I have yet to hear the audio for the promo, but I kind of like the design they chose for Kulta in the animations. It makes him look a little different in comparison to Skull Warrior, especially with the chin. The only thing I don't like is how the horns look. I hope it's just the angle, because for the Toa...

...it could be rabbit season.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Maybe we have not yet seen Skull Scorpio in any of the promos, is because he does not exist

Yet.

Kulta uses the Mask of Creation, that which disgusts him the most, to create scorpion abominations of the fallen warriors he has revived.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Has anyone else noted that the trailer has Pohatu throwing a gigantic boulder and utterly obliterating the stone gate with it? Pohatu is awesome, is what I'm saying.

• Upvote 2

one of the clips appears to show some Toa being separated from the others. perhaps this is the in-story justification for Tahu and Gali not having drained masks; theyre off somewhere else while the others have their masks stolen.

Lewa might be in the end the only Toa with a drained mask in the storyline, since we know from the trailer that Slicer has captured his mask. About Onua, Pohatu and Kopaka we don't know yet since there was so far no reliably cannon source that would indicate their masks being stolen. The drained masks in the sets and the set comics might very well be non cannon, intended merely to give people an inspiration of how to play with the sets. But the absence of proof is in no way proof of absence, so their masks might very well be captured - they might and they might not, I think we just don't know yet enough to come to any conclusions as to what will happen, otheer than what was shown in the trailer. The only thing I know is that the late 2015 storyline will be epic :)

IhDIrLK.jpg

This preview trailer has me really excited for the upcoming Bionicle episodes! Kuita looks really cool, as do the other Skull Villains. Though I wasn't expecting to see Skull Slicer wearing the Mask of Jungle. Maybe this means that the other stolen masks will be worn by those who stole them later on the story. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Lewa might be in the end the only Toa with a drained mask in the storyline, since we know from the trailer that Slicer has captured his mask. About Onua, Pohatu and Kopaka we don't know yet since there was so far no reliably cannon source that would indicate their masks being stolen. The drained masks in the sets and the set comics might very well be non cannon, intended merely to give people an inspiration of how to play with the sets. But the absence of proof is in no way proof of absence, so their masks might very well be captured - they might and they might not, I think we just don't know yet enough to come to any conclusions as to what will happen, otheer than what was shown in the trailer. The only thing I know is that the late 2015 storyline will be epic :)

Chill. It's a thirty-second trailer for a bunch of minute-and-a-half animations. It was hardly going to show every captured mask. I think it's a safe assumption that all the drained masks will be stolen, if for no other reason than that the story exists to promote the sets, so it makes more sense to promote all the drained masks than just one. Besides, it would be utterly boring to only weaken one Toa as compared to weakening two thirds of the team. If they want to hype up the tension, that's probably going to be the direction they take it.

• Upvote 6

EKIMU'S EYES ARE DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER TIME HE'S BEEN SHOWN THIS MUST BE MAKUTA POSING AS EKIMU.

Or maybe... CHILD FIRE VILLAGER REALIZED THAT HE KNOW'S WHO HE IS AND THAT HE WAS ALWAYS DIFFERENT AND SO HE PUT ON EKIMU'S MASK AND BECAME THE NEW MASK MAKER. ALL OF THIS CONFIRMED, TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO LEARN ABOUT THE TIME MAKUTA BECAME TAHU.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 4

Maybe we have not yet seen Skull Grinder in any of the promos, is because he does not exist.

Plot twist: That isn't Kulta in the trailer, that's his brother

The author of the journals!

...or not.

I laughed at that reference more than I should've. :P

Kulta was away, buying Spiffy's Guide to Being Adequately Funky on Three Betamax Tapes. After that, he will a funktastic force to be reckoned with. 

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

EKIMU'S EYES ARE DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER TIME HE'S BEEN SHOWN THIS MUST BE MAKUTA POSING AS EKIMU.

Or maybe... CHILD FIRE VILLAGER REALIZED THAT HE KNOW'S WHO HE IS AND THAT HE WAS ALWAYS DIFFERENT AND SO HE PUT ON EKIMU'S MASK AND BECAME THE NEW MASK MAKER. ALL OF THIS CONFIRMED, TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO LEARN ABOUT THE TIME MAKUTA BECAME TAHU.

WHEN MATORO WAS WALKING ON THE ICEY MOUNTAINS HE FOUND THE PIRAKA WITH THE LIFE KANOKA DISK THEN THEY LAUNCHED IT TO MATORO AND HE CHANGED IN THE GREAT ICE

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is going to be epic. That is all.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Nice, I can't wait for the full fledged videos. Kulta... looks a bit strange but the rest are great. He has a big chin and bunny ears, but kinda puts me in mind of Emperor Zurg. Basher looks very intimidating, I like it. I totally dig the Coliseum call back for the arena. 

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

qgR6G5S.jpg

Hmm..

Dark (and possibly underground) cave, pile of rocks (some of these look like the pillars from the arena), purple energy followed by an explosion...

Three theories:

-Makuta at the end of the last episode reawakens.

-skull basher awakens ( doesn't make sense if we consider 0:19 - 0:20 as his resurrection in the trailer).

-Onua.

I don't think it could be onua (why would he be glowing? I don't think we're going to see the toa's next forms so early.), so maybe it's Makuta reawakening as a 2016 teaser.

• Upvote 1

SH0Gxlo.png

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm wondering if maybe Kulta and crew aren't actually related to Makuta at all, and they just end up accidentally waking him in their quest for the masks. You know, sort of a "lesser baddie ends up waking the Ultimate Villain" deal.

Either that or he's just working for Makuta this whole time and he intentionally wakes him, but idk. I kind of like the idea of main Bionicle antagonists that aren't controlled by Makuta for a change.

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm wondering if maybe Kulta and crew aren't actually related to Makuta at all, and they just end up accidentally waking him in their quest for the masks. You know, sort of a "lesser baddie ends up waking the Ultimate Villain" deal.

Either that or he's just working for Makuta this whole time and he intentionally wakes him, but idk. I kind of like the idea of main Bionicle antagonists that aren't controlled by Makuta for a change.

Or how about "Makuta created Kulta to revive him, but Kulta isn't aware that his own motivations were engineered to achieve that"? That could maybe be an interesting plot.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Or how about "Makuta created Kulta to revive him, but Kulta isn't aware that his own motivations were engineered to achieve that"? That could maybe be an interesting plot.

Or Maybe he was Close to Makuta, but when Makuta died, Kulta began to Practice Necromancy, but by the time he perfected the spell to bring things back to life, he didn't have enough time left to find Makuta, and bring him back, so he used his own skills on himself, to make him so that he didn't die, only thing is, he still decayed, and now, since he was expending his energy on his spell to keep himself alive, he couldn't reawaken Makuta, so he needed the MoC to have enough energy, and when the Toa got in the way, he rose an army of the dead to protect him whilst he looked for Makuta's Body.

Chill. It's a thirty-second trailer for a bunch of minute-and-a-half animations. It was hardly going to show every captured mask. I think it's a safe assumption that all the drained masks will be stolen, if for no other reason than that the story exists to promote the sets, so it makes more sense to promote all the drained masks than just one. Besides, it would be utterly boring to only weaken one Toa as compared to weakening two thirds of the team. If they want to hype up the tension, that's probably going to be the direction they take it.

I didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way so I apologize if my post gave a bad impression. I deeply respect your opinion and was only trying to bring in my 2 cents on what the story might be :)

It is just my opinion that we don't know enough as of this moment to come to any conclusions outside of what we saw in the trailer, but again, that's just my opinion that might be right, but might also be wrong. I can't wait until we see the first episode released, the hype is on :)

IhDIrLK.jpg