One Toa everybody always seemed to like, but you didnt...

BioniCro

Okay, come clear. No reason to lie. We all had ours. Everybody who I ever talked to, had that one original Toa they just didnt like and were like "how can you like that guy?". 

So... For me it was always Tahu. I always felt he was forced leader in the lore and his figures always looked kinda avarage to me. Like his personality didnt really click with me and he just wasnt good enough to be poster boy for Toa. Like Onua and Gali were wise, Lewa and Pohatu were morale boosters, Kopaka was a loner and Tahu... Well, Tahu was proud and arrogant. Never liked him and I am not ashamed to admit he is the Toa I am looking forward the least in 2015 (though I am happy to see him back). 

• Upvote 1

I was never a huge fan of Matoro, to be honest. Other than that... I don't think I ever particularly disliked any Toa. In the later years certain Toa had designs that I wasn't a fan of (Gali Mistika, Onua Mistika, Matoro Mahri, Hewkii Mahri....), but story wise it was just Matoro I didn't really like.

Tahu and Matoro I liked less than the others - kinda felt they were boring. :P Except for lava surfing and saving the universe...but I didn't feel any special connection to Matoro or anything, so I just was "whatevers" about him sacrificing himself.

I also got that vibe from Takanuva in later years - boringness. He faded after his movie appearance pretty badly. 

• Upvote 1

I love Tahu, but yeah, I'd hate to actually have to hang out with him, I can't stand the bossy alpha male types.

So I guess you just love his figures right?

They just love Tahu for his body XD

Well hey, he's pretty hot after all.

• Upvote 3

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

Takanuva. 

I feel like he was pretty much a big hyped up character with little climax. Sure, he did some behind-the-scenes important stuff, but he just never took off for me like I imagined he should have back in 2003.

Honestly though, I wish with everything in me he would've stayed Takua, the Chronicler. It's like when he became Takanuva, his entire personality changed. He was pretty much an ADD Tohunga that liked to travel. He just never had it together, and he's the only character like that in the story. I grew attached to him as Takua, mostly because of MNOG and the other flash animations. 

Then that was shot to when he became the Toa of Light.

He didn't even really fit in with the rest of the Toa Mata!

• Upvote 2

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

Tahu. Lewa was my favourite, so it kept annoying me that Tahu always got the spotlight, which led to an irrational longstanding dislike of the red sets/characters. I mean, how dare they focus on the most popular, bestselling one and not the one I like? Ridiculous!

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Mataverse Kopaka. People say he would have been the best Toa to lead the Toa Mata, and I completely disagree. In 2001 at least, he had serious trust issues and was allergic to cooperation. I also find none of his three masks to be visually appealing. Tahu, despite his faults, was at least decisive and motivated.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Matoro, Tahu, Kopaka.

I liked Matoro as a Matoran. Ever since he went Inika he was just very meh.

Honestly, the Toa Nuva too. Since federation if fear I cared little for what the Toa were doing, ans save this, do that, don't kill him blah blah blah.

I became interested more in characters like Brutaka, Roodaka, TSO, the Barraki, like where is their story, what are their real motives, ehat happened to them?? And yeah. The Toa ended up just kind of... Being there... At least that's how I feel. The exception to this would be Jaller amd Takanuva. That duo is my favorite, sad we couldn't see them working together like 2 old cop buddies. Then one of them dies in the end. Yeah... That would be a story alright. ;)

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

All of the Toa Mata are kind of this to me. I don't dislike them at all, I think they're alright, but a lot of people seem to just love them. I'm guessing my ambivalence stems from only getting into Bionicle in 2004, so I never had any real childhood attachment to their characters. (in stark contrast, I probably like the Metru as a whole a lot more than most people) In retrospect, they were fine, but never had too much depth in the original years, and their Nuva forms were hideous. So...yeah.

AXKP5KC.png

Honestly, Nokama. Not entirely sure if she's anyone's favorite Toa, but it still stands. Coming up with personalities for the original six was easy - they directly reflect their element. That said, I appreciate the effort involved in trying to make the Metru very different from the Mata in many ways. But to me, Nokama is too similar to Gali. I like Gali - don't get me wrong - but Nokama just seems a little too much like a clone to be interesting.

Gali. Because she was given the same old "the female is the wise, caring one" personality. She just seemed lacking. But the thing is, because all Ga-beings were female, you couldn't really have a hot-headed water Toa or anything like that because it didn't match the element.

Gali. Because she was given the same old "the female is the wise, caring one" personality. She just seemed lacking. But the thing is, because all Ga-beings were female, you couldn't really have a hot-headed water Toa or anything like that because it didn't match the element.

I don't think personalities have to match elements. I wouldn't think it out of the ordinary if they made a brash Ga-character.

Lesovikk. I never understood why he had such a huge following and was always mentioned in any thread involving your favorite Toa or your perfect team or whatever. He was pretty cool but I didn't really think he was anything incredible other than the recolored pieces his set gave his. After a while I obviously got kinda sick of seeing him everywhere.

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Pohatu seemed to always tell the bad jokes, have the least creative use of his powers, and did the least(in my biased opinion). The Mahri except Matoro seemed to lose or barely win their fights. They had poor designs and they just didn't seem like the bold matoran they were in 2001/2003.

What do I write here?

Someone, say something funny so you can be remembered for posterity.

They had poor designs and they just didn't seem like the bold matoran they were in 2001/2003.

Ah, yes. We all know that 8 pieces totally makes for a bold set. 

Anyway, I do not care for either Kopaka and Tahu one bit. They're both idiots, and for some reason are the leader and deputy. 

Makes total sense, right? Let's get the two least intelligent Toa to become ones making all of the decisions. Nothing could go wrong! 

bZpOwEr

Out of the original toa Mata? Well... I do like them all in some shape or form, but I always felt that Kopaka's coldness was never justified except that it fit his stereotype. Though in a way that was the biggest problem with the original toa Mata for me in general. But hey, I still love them all.

I love all teams of Toa even if I don't own them, but Onua never really clicked with me. I guess it's because the whole strong silent type characterization never appealed to me. I dig his 2015 version, though and will pick him up with the other Toa.

...Get it? Dig? Because he digs...

Sorry.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing