Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Hoto - Library

Hoto was about to speak when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She instantly recognized the voice. "Era! How's the assignment going?" she asked. She was hoping someone had helped Era as Jayar was helping her.

IC: Tube - Hallways

Tube nodded and ran towards the doors as fast as a Rahkshi of Slow could go. They were going so quickly they nearly ran into a silver Rahk coming in. At first, they were surprised, but then their eyes narrowed in suspicion. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about a fire in the Library, would you?" Tube asked.

OOC: Nice to see you again, Akavakaku. :) Fang just got back from being smashed on Nynrah if you wanted to visit the Infirmary. 

IC: Era - Library.

"Oh yeah, I asked Exxan to write my answers down for me. Has Jayar been helping you out as well?" she sat down beside Hoto. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Yes. And then a mute Rahkshi sat next to me. We had an interesting... conversation... if you can call it that." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hoto laughed at the idea of it. "I can imagine that would be difficult. So, do you want to hear what I came up with?"

IC: Tube - Causeway

Tube was a little unsure of how to continue. "Well... no, not really. A stripy Rahk put it out, which was sad. I liked the fire. But it almost hit my master, so we need to find who did it, and light them on fire!"

• Upvote 1

"Ah, sure. Why not?" 

Well, Era had finished her assignment, what harm could it do? Hoto turned back to Jayar and took a deep breath. This one wouldn't be as easy as the other.

An exiled Steltian prince has been acquiring power for himself in a distant land, using misinformation and charm to win an increasing number of followers to his cause. You have been commissioned to eliminate him, but not only does he have an impressive array of powers of his own (both formidable telekinesis and a Rhotuka that will steal another’s power for himself), he is sure to surround himself with the most fanatical of his followers at all times. What steps would you take to remove him?

I will assume the prince has found a castle for the purpose of this assignment, as my strategy can be applied to any other structure with few modifications. Before I go in, I would need a small heat or laser-based cutting tool powerful enough to cut through the walls, but small enough to slip under my Kraata, and, if given the option, someone to paint my armor in a camouflage pattern for the stone. It will also work to conceal my power and give me an advantage of surprise. To get in, I could tell them I have details of an impending Brotherhood attack against the prince. As proof that I am against the Brotherhood, I could use my blindness, allegedly given as punishment for betrayal, and a minor poisoning from a plant on the way there. I would insist to be taken before the prince to deliver my message. From the "throne room," I would be able to analyze the materials and/or coverings of the walls using the resonance of my clicks. I would give him some story of a Brotherhood army on its way there consisting of many Rahkshi of Illusion or similar powers, but tell him I would give more details tomorrow. Whether they take me to a cell or a room, I will have a good idea of the layout of the castle, and I would take out any guards in the room as quietly as possible. Using the tool, I could cut through the walls of the chamber and outside, leading many of the guards away in pursuit. After leaving a confusing and winding trail through a nearby village or forest, I could retrace my steps back to the castle, find my way to the room, and follow my directional sense to approximately where the "throne room" would be. I could cut through the wall behind the inevitable throne, stab the cutting tool through the throne into the prince, killing him, and then escape out the same hole. As a Dodge Rahkshi, I should be able to run fast enough to evade pursuers or their projectiles.

Getting it written down left Hoto with a sick feeling inside, but she felt relieved, even confident, that her plan was getting to Suvak. Some of it would change based on the scenario, and she wasn't sure how much of it was really possible, but it seemed like a good plan based on what she knew.

IC: Exxan/Era - Library.

Exxan shrugged. "No idea what he looked like. Surely someone saw him? Work together and cooperate."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Era thought over Hoto's idea. "Not a bad idea. No one knows your skills better than you do. If you think you can pull it off, then it's a decent plan." She chuckled, "I especially like the part where you try to convince the guy that your blindness is a punishment from the Brotherhood. Clever." 

Blindness is not weakness...

IC: Jayar / The Library

Despite his arm's quiet protests at the exertion, Jayar finished his fourth essay of the day, just as Hoto had dictated. He rolled it up and handed it to Hoto, saying, "Here you go. It's a good plan, and I don't doubt you could carry it out." As she got up to go turn it in, he added, "Oh, and unneeded as it is, good luck."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Hoto gave a small, shy smile at the complements. "Thanks. I just hope I do well. I'm not much of a strategist."

She snatched up the other plan and, just because it felt right, gave Jayar a quick hug as she ran off towards Suvak. She didn't even realize it until she was giving Suvak her papers. She still had that shy smile as she returned. "Thanks, Jayar. I'm glad someone is willing to help out. When that's out of the way, do you want to get back to the gym for practice? Once you finish, of course."

IC: Punch / Counterpunch/Dorms

"I can't find him."

"Well then let me take control."

"Okay, but it'll be all for naught."

He took control and with a loud voice, he called out into the halls of the dorms.

"HEY, CHARRED GUY! WE KNOW YOU SET FIRE TO THE LIBRARY! Come out and maybe we can settle this peacefully."

OOC: By, "we," Punch/Counterpunch refers to themselves.

IC: Bullseye/Infirmary

"You could get that repaired on Nynrah...oh wait, not many of the Matoran like you guys do they."

He wondered about that. When he was selling his surplus of jerky, the Matoran didn't try to assimilate him.

"Was it because they were a lot more of us there then? Or was it because I was selling food and they were running low?...This makes no sense." 

He decided to form an experiment, the only risk would be death. But then again, he could bring his brothers, and Stronghold's apparent boxing student, Punch/Counterpunch... But first he needed to get his barbed arrow back from Mr. Wackypants over there,

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Era/Xara - Library.

Era wasn't exactly sure what had just happened; she couldn't see properly through the shouting and discussion caused by Exxan's impromptu manhunt, but from the giddy tone in Hoto's voice, she was sure the other blind Rahk was feeling nervous or shy about something. "Made a friend, did we?" Era asked Hoto. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xara had had enough of watching everyone bumble around over what to do. "I saw the guy, and saw which way they went," she stepped forward, "anyone who wants to come after him, follow me now!" She didn't give a karz about Exxan's plans for democracy; she just wanted to get even with the little coward who'd tried to set her aflame. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Chekquars (Courtyard ->Dorms)

The Darkness Rahkshi had to admit that the hunt was not going well. At the very least, the Refectory and Gym were clear, nearly no Rahks were in there anyway with the assignment occurring and as such it was quickly cleared. 

He had returned to the main Courtyard, as he said, and was about to review his notes when he heard a shout from one of the Dorm complexes. Something about how we knew the pyro was in there. Intrigued and interested, Chekquars slipped on a cloak of shadows and slipped into the room, noting how there was only one Rahkshi there that seemed to be the one who had spoke. 

Remaining unseen, the evil mastermind-to-be took out his bow and notched an arrow, blood-red eyes hidden in the natural shadows of the dormitory and scanning the room for movement.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC Vector:

"I'm going to go catch the firesetter"  Vector signed to Illusive, before running after Xara.

IC Shatter:

Shatter followed Xara.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Jayar / The Library

Jayar accepted Hoto's hug with surprise and happiness, tempered with a kind of nervousness.

It was at this point Jayar realized that he hadn't eaten all morning, and that he was at this point quite hungry. (The thought of the cafeteria lessened this somewhat but failed to quench it.) When Hoto returned and offered to train, he had to decline, saying, "I was going to go over to the Refectory for a meal... at least, as much of a meal as that slop is. Would you like to join me? You must be hungry too, after all that's happened this morning. And I'd like the chance to just... talk with you casually..." He found himself trailing off hopefully.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Illusive/Xara - Library.

Good luck, Illusive signed, remaining behind in the library.

"I'm leaving now!" Xara shouted to anyone who wanted to listen. Shatter and Vector joined her as she left through the library doors. Anyone else would have to catch up. Drawing one of her throwing knives, Xara started down the hallway in the direction she'd seen the offender run off in. 

IC Vector:

Vector drew his bow, and notched an arrow.

IC Shatter:

Shatter knew that he could not use his Hammer in close-range combat with allies. He would have to rely on hand-to-hand. One of his hands began to crackle with Fragmentation energy.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"I guess so," Hoto replied, brightly. She wasn't sure why Era sounded so smug about it.

At the mention of food, Hoto realized she was hungry. "I guess we were on our way to the Refectory when.... well, nevermind. Let's get something to eat." She ran off, just remembering to stay slow enough for them to keep up.

Hoto was walking a little slower this time, something for which Era was thankful. There was, once again, a lot of noise. Not as bad as last time, but still loud. Era navigated through the crowd and let out a sigh of relief when she finally stepped out into the hallway, her vision clearing. "Now..." she tried to get her bearings, "...the refectory is that way, right?" she pointed down one of the corridors. 

IC: Xara - Dorms. 

"In one of these rooms, you say?" Xara asked. "Well then," she turned to her companions, "let's start door-knocking." 

IC: Hoto - Hallways

Hoto stopped just outside the Library to see if they kept up and was relieved when Era and Jayar came out just behind her. She had to focus in on Era's hand to see exactly where she was pointing, but it looked like the right direction. "Yep! Looks like you're getting the hang of it! I guess I've been here long enough I've pretty much got the building layout memorized," she said, trying not to sound too proud. Her sense of direction was always fairly good; it had to be when you couldn't see landmarks.

IC Vector:

Confused, Vector turned to teh nearest door and rapped hard on it.

IC Shatter:

Shatter nearly facepalmed with his Shattering-charged hand, but stopped himself in time. He said to Vector, "Not what she meant. At all."

IC: Era - Outside Library.

"Thanks... I'm still learning my way around." 

IC: Xara - Dorms.

Xara took a deep breath, then let it out. "Shatter's right. That is not what I meant." She turned towards the nearest door, brought up her foot, and kicked it inwards. She took a step inside, checked behind the door, under the bed, in the cupboard, making sure that the room really was empty, before closing the door back behind her. Like the walls and floors, the door swiftly repaired itself, leaving no sign of any forced entry.

"That is what I meant. Now come on, let's find this ######." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC Vector:

Vector grinned. As a Rahkshi, he had a natural urge to destroy. Plus, the velocity of Xara's foot, the angle of the kick, the giving way of the doors, it was all such beautiful physics. He walked up to another door and kicked it, hard. It actually went in. Vector went in and imitated Xara's search, looking for any sign of a rahk who liked to burn stuff.

IC Shatter:

If Vector's grin was wide, Shatter's practically was ear-to-ear. He ran at a door and punched through it, releasing his built up shattering energy in his fist. The door cracked down the middle, and Shatter gave it another blow, destroying it. He went in and searched around.