Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Dormirahk

"If I were actually higher than a level 2 I might be able to put them to sleep without any hassle, but as it is, I can barely make anyone drowsy. And most of the time, it's like my powers are pointed at myself more than anyone else." Dorm yawned expressively, almost as if it were to prove their point (but it was just because they're really, really tired)

IC: Gaever / Gaever's Dorm

Done with her repairs, Gaever lay down in bed and closed her eyes, hoping she could somehow get some sleep but suspecting this would be largely impossible. The Matoran she had killed would follow her when she lay down to dream... they would follow her to the grave, and beyond.

Slowly, she drifted into nightmare...

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: Yes, let's say our characters reached their destinations.

IC (As Ipartsa): ", we both missed a good fight, didn't we, Beat?" Ipartsa said with a sigh as she watched Palma get everyone under control. "Oh well, this is an infirmary and I guess the school nurse doesn't want an extra workload.

IC (As Feka): "Here's my room." Said the rahkshi of sonics as he opened the door. Various trinkets and objects decorated his room. There was a poster of a Fe-Matoran Kohlii team, his closet was used as a rack for the various Kanohi he owned. A golden Rau sat on the top shelf while two silver kanohi rested on the middle shelf, consisting of two Haus. On the bottom shelf, three bronze kanohi occupied the space. From the left to the right, there was a mask of fusion, strength and an Akaku. "I'm proud of this mask display, it represents the matoran virtues on the bottom shelf, the kanohi on the middle shelf are the symbols used for the great spirit they rever and the mask on my top shelf. It's the mask of translation, which represents my desire to learn the matoran language."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Flabbergaster

Flabbergaster jolted back when he heard the whoosh of Palma's staff. After regaining his composition, he glared downwards at Rider before turning back to Drift.

"Come on. We've done enough here." He slumped the cloak of Umbra next to Vlad before heading out the doorway.

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

"You make a good point...provided the headmaster is as philosophically adept as yourself. In my experience, Makuta in general gravitate toward disciplines that are more, shall we say, immediately tangible."

IC--Beat--Infirmary

"No kidding." There was an atmosphere of barely diffused tension hanging in the air, but Beat was too tired to worry much about it.

IC--Footwork--Feka's Dorm

"That's...actually pretty fascinating." And it was, but it was also making Footwork start to wonder whether Feka was really doing this in the name of increased efficiency, or just because he wanted to be a Matoran...

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Malebranche. They had made it.

IC: Era - Skies.

"Are we there yet?" 

IC Phogen: "Perhaps you two would be interested in a sort of... Lets say, association? For the purposes of mutual protection, teamwork during and not during assignments, that sort of thing."

IC: Sliver - Causeway.

"A tempting offer...." I considered it for a few moments, "...but I've being able to cope on my own for most of my time here. How can we be sure you aren't just trying to get us to protect you?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lucid / Halls

"Then the apparent long-term benefits of better food will pale in comparison to the most immediately tangible aspect of all, cost, no? And clearly slop will cost less than an shared garden," Lucid replied sadly. "I admire your desire to bring change. But sadly... the Makuta will not. They only want soldiers, not philosophers or gardeners..." She sighed wistfully.

IC: Jayar / Skies

Malebranche at last.

Yet even with their arrival here, the journey was far from over...

Jayar descended a little, staying close to Hoto as she slowly declined. "Hey, don't start heading down without us yet. We've got to keep together," he told her gently.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

Down below, the river was turning to a series of locks carrying ships upwards. A plume of smoke filled the sky, billowing from a volcano that commanded the horizon. Malebranche. They had made it.

Fang drifted back to Kat and whispered, "What's the plan?"

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Hoto smelled Malebranche long before she caught a glimpse of it. The sulfuric smoke was almost as familiar to her as the Refectory slop. She couldn't wait to land, to feel solid ground under her feet, to see again. Her path began to drift down below the others, following that smell towards safety... hopefully.

IC Kat:

Fang's words snapped me out of my thoughts. Go time, it seemed. 

"Alright..... I want you, Cao, and Xara to get everyone somewhere safe for the moment. Keep out of sight. Era and I will go talk to this Grossh, see if he can provide us shelter. I want you guys to come up with a contingency."

IC Phogen: "The pleasure is all mine." Indeed, it was. These two showed promise. "Say, I have been gone for awhile, and my old gang of allies and comrades seems to have dissipated. Perhaps you two would be interested in a sort of... Lets say, association? For the purposes of mutual protection, teamwork during and not during assignments, that sort of thing."

IC Grim: 

"Perhaps an arrangement could be made, however, I would advise against appearing as a group. Such could be used against us. As well, My companion makes a good point. Other than a few matoran and some sonic abilities, what do you have to offer us?"

IC: Xara - Skies.

"Warehouse district?" I suggested, "Plenty of good hiding places down there." 

"Oh..." we were there. That was awkward. "Hey Hoto, have you still got that Medallion Grossh gave us?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Fang lowered his voice with a brief glance to the others. "You can't keep going like this. We're here now. Let someone else visit the city."

Hoto blinked and turned back towards Jayar's voice. "Of c-course... sorry," she muttered. Her flight leveled off next to his.

She dug into her armor in response to Era's question and pulled out the golden medallion. "It's here. D-did... you want it?"

IC: Rain - Infirmary

The Infirmary was falling into silence again. Hopefully that meant Palma was getting back to work. "Palma!" Rain groaned into her pillow again.

IC Phogen: "I offer you an advantage over your foes. Think of it as pooling our collective resources, rather than some sort of unprofessional bodyguard arrangement. I'm sure you have enemies, and that facing them down with a level four sonic rahkshi at your side would be preferable to meeting them alone. Besides..." The derahk grins. "...what do you have to lose by the arrangement? I'm offering my services for nothing more than reciprocity, erring generously, of course, in your favor."

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Fang lowered his voice with a brief glance to the others. "You can't keep going like this. We're here now. Let someone else visit the city."

She dug into her armor in response to Era's question and pulled out the golden medallion. "It's here. D-did... you want it?"

IC : Era - Skies.

"Well, it might help," I shrugged, "In case Grossh isn't there or something, that should still be useful." 

IC Phogen: "I'm sure you have enemies, and that facing them down with a level four sonic rahkshi at your side would be preferable to meeting them alone."

IC: Sliver - Causeway.

I thought about that for a few moments, "It's funny, but I don't think I actually do have any enemies..." I smiled at the memory, "...the only foe I had here went and killed himself on Visorak."

"Thanks." I tucked it into my satchel.

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

"I suppose your analysis of the situation is fairly accurate," he said, unsure why he found himself quite so disappointed as he was. This girl's outlook, he decided, was somewhat infectious. Not necessarily a bad thing, but he would have to be careful not to get drawn in to an excessive degree.

IC: Sidonas - Cauldron

Sidonas kept silent and didn't respond. He was thinking about asking Mar'jik a few more questions, perhaps he might find out the Rahk's thoughts on rebellion if he chose the right words.

Might be useful to find a few Rahks who won't drag me to Tridax if I mention my thoughts on Makuta. Fang doesn't seem to quick to trust me, which is understandable considering I stole from him, so I probably won't be getting information from him anytime soon.

Sidonas spoke up after some time in silence.

"So, I heard Tridax called all of us to attend something. You know what that was about?"

IC Mar'jik:

Mar'jik laughed humorlessly. "Most likely a cover for something. In any case, his story was a funeral. Like someone like him would care.", Mar'jik said, approaching the waterfall.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"You don't have to be that someone. I just don't want..." Fang awkwardly cut himself off.

IC Kat:

"I know.... I just.... need to do this. Once we're safe, I'll be able to relax."

IC Phogen: "I offer you an advantage over your foes. Think of it as pooling our collective resources, rather than some sort of unprofessional bodyguard arrangement. I'm sure you have enemies, and that facing them down with a level four sonic rahkshi at your side would be preferable to meeting them alone. Besides..." The derahk grins. "...what do you have to lose by the arrangement? I'm offering my services for nothing more than reciprocity, erring generously, of course, in your favor."

IC Grim:

"My only enemies are those who would oppose our Dark Masters, The Makuta. All else is of... little concern to me." Grim frowned. "You are... unusually ambitious in nature, Phogen. From Which Makuta do you spawn?"

IC: Drift

Drift looked up, finally glad that this show of idiocy was over. She'd have to give more respect to Palma from now on.

In response to Flabbergaster's words, Drift simply flashed him a grim smile. "I'm not going anywhere."

IC: Silver

Yeah, right. He'd stall for a moment, then flip out and try to kill Silv-

Before he'd even finished thinking, a bright white disc of ionized air was already sparking its way towards [Helix]'s neck.

OOC: This is almost definitely a kill shot. Helix has pretty much no way of escaping it or counter-reacting in time.

Edited by Aerixx

IC (As Ipartsa): "I'll wait outside for you."

IC (As Feka): "It truly is, they have such a different culture and way of life to us." Feka replied with a smile before kneeling down to grab his toolbox from under his bed. "Us Rahkshi have no spirit to worship, but the Matoran take their religion extremely seriously and whereas we are soldiers destined to kill and destroy, the Matoran take control of their lives and create wonderful objects like the kanohi I have on display." Said the sonic rahkshi as he opened the lock and picked out the blowtorch, shutting the lid and locking it up before returning it to its spot. "Ready to go to the gym when you are, Footwork. Why are you named that anyway?"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

"Yes, of course," Fang sighed. He looked back up to her and asked pointedly, "But will we ever be truly safe? We're on the run from Makuta. We're in an unfamiliar city. The other Rahkshi just destroyed Phantom-On-The-Water. Safety was a luxury we lost when we came to that school. You can't go on and on until every threat is gone."

IC: Tear - Causeway to Library

"...can't rest... c-can't... sleep..."

The teal Rahkshi burst through the doors in sad shape. His once intricate armor was coated in scars and scratches. Branches and leaves were caught in his spines. One hand applied pressure to a wounded shoulder. He limped on legs that should have stopped long ago.

But still he pressed on through the stony corridors of Corpus Rahkshi. His eyes never lifted to acknowledge another Rahkshi. 

"Sick room..." he muttered as he passed the Infimary. "Cafeteria... Cells."

A long hallway lined with doors, all sealed on their occupants. He wasn't going there. Not again.

At last, he found his sanctuary. The one silent room in all the school. "Library." He paused to consider the grand doors for a moment before passing inside. He wandered through the shelves, his eyes not registering the many, many titles around him. Then, he could take it no more. His legs fell out from under him, and Tear was unconscious before he hit the ground.

She awoke soon after. Her wide, frantic eyes took in every unfamiliar detail around her. "W-where... am I?" she stammered, emotion already threatening to overcome her. "H-hello... a-anyone?!" 

Tear winced and snatched at her shoulder. "Ow," she groaned. "W-what... why d-do I... hurt? W-why am I... so... sleepy?" Her words were punctuated with a yawn, and she struggled to keep her eyes open. But she couldn't sleep yet. Her quivering hands reached for her Kraata case and pulled out a ragged and filthy stuffed creature. It was still there. She didn't know what she would do if it wasn't.

With Hapaka in hand, Tear curled up in a corner and allowed sleep to overtake her. The questions would have to wait.

OOC: Tear open to interaction.

• Upvote 1

IC: Xara - Nynrah.

"Hey Kat?" I moved closer to her and Fang, "You've led us this far, and we all appreciate it... but you don't have to do everything on your own. If you try to carry the whole karzing world on your shoulders, it's going to crush you." I tried to sound confident, but I wasn't certain if my words were true or not. We were nothing alike; did I even really know what I was talking about? 

"I spent my whole life - however short a time that's been - chasing one goal. And when I reached it, I realised just how stupid and petty a goal it was, and how important the things I already had were," I sighed, thinking back to Glass, "And I left all of that behind for a chance of finding a better life, with you lot." 

I was rambling, probably, but if I wanted these rahks to trust me, I had to be honest with them - and myself. "I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that everyone had to give things up to be here. We're all committed to this cause, and we've come too far to turn back now. You don't have to do all of this by yourself."

• Upvote 1

IC: Jayar / Skies

"It's fine," Jayar told Hoto, in response to her standard unnecessary apology.

At this point he would have dropped back to Kat and suggested that either himself, Hoto, or both of them were sent along to see Grossh as well. But it seemed she was currently being spoken to by both Xara and Fang, and he didn't want to interrupt that with a third voice. At least, not yet. He would wait for a more suitable opportunity to present his ideas.

IC: Sidonas - Cauldron

"A funeral?" Sidonas scoffed. "Like Tridax actually cares about the dead?"

Well, knows about how little Tridax values Rahkshi, but what are his thoughts on the Makuta as a whole? Perhaps I might know once I'm in my suit.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

"Yes... sadly so," Lucid murmured.

Then she perked up somewhat, and spoke more optimistically. "But don't let it get you down. We have been given the gift of free will; no longer are we tied to the whims of our fathers. The beauty of the world is ours to revel in. We do not need to be given a garden, for each can choose to grow their own. And, indeed, this is truly the greater way."

IC Mar'jik:

"Highly unlikely, especially considering that that was where I was captured. Hang on, here comes the waterfall." Mar'jik said, before flying through the waterfall and entering teh Cauldron. "Okay, where's your suit?"

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC--Beat--Infirmary

"Thanks," Beat whispered, looking around at the nearby patients. There was an unconscious white and gold Rahk, another who seemed to have been strangled to within an inch of her life, a looming black figure next to her bed who was just recognizable as a Rahkshi underneath all the tentacles, and a camo-patterned guy who seemed to be the cause of the recent disturbance, judging from the way Palma was lecturing him. Quite the motley crew.

"Oh...I dance," Footwork replied, tapping out a simple rhythm with one foot by way of demonstration. "Just a hobby, but I'm reasonably good at it."

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

Sepulchral was about to reply when a hideous thought slithered across the surface of his mind like a swimming snake.

She would never think to babble on about freedom if she had been at the village, it hissed. It is hardly as if becoming self-aware is sufficient to stand against the will of the Makuta. And the knowledge of what you have done, and may yet continue to do at their orders, only makes it worse.

He brushed the poisonous thought away and forced a smile back onto his faceplate. "Indeed," he managed, not sure if he was addressing her or himself.

"Yes, of course," Fang sighed. He looked back up to her and asked pointedly, "But will we ever be truly safe? We're on the run from Makuta. We're in an unfamiliar city. The other Rahkshi just destroyed Phantom-On-The-Water. Safety was a luxury we lost when we came to that school. You can't go on and on until every threat is gone."

IC: Xara - Nynrah.

"Hey Kat?" I moved closer to her and Fang, "You've led us this far, and we all appreciate it... but you don't have to do everything on your own. If you try to carry the whole karzing world on your shoulders, it's going to crush you." I tried to sound confident, but I wasn't certain if my words were true or not. We were nothing alike; did I even really know what I was talking about? 

"I spent my whole life - however short a time that's been - chasing one goal. And when I reached it, I realised just how stupid and petty a goal it was, and how important the things I already had were," I sighed, thinking back to Glass, "And I left all of that behind for a chance of finding a better life, with you lot." 

I was rambling, probably, but if I wanted these rahks to trust me, I had to be honest with them - and myself. "I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that everyone had to give things up to be here. We're all committed to this cause, and we've come too far to turn back now. You don't have to do all of this by yourself."

IC Kat:

They had a point. Both of them did. But this step was critical. I couldn't leave the meeting up to chance.I sighed heavily, "Look, I get it, really I do. And you're both right. I can't carry the whole thing alone. But this is important. Once..... once we have somewhere to stay.... I'll......"

I struggled to say it. Could I really ease up? I wasn't sure. 

"I'll feel a lot better once we're there..." I finished weakly. I grimaced.

IC Caoutchouc / Nynrah

He had closed in on the leading trio in time to hear the, well, not quite an argument, but a disagreement.

"You all heard her, she's got her mind set on this, discussing the matter isn't gonna change much." He almost added a with her or you ought to know that by now or some little quip regarding Kat's bullheadedness, but he thought better of it. Instead, he decided to initiate the landing and put the matter behind them, dipping out of the higher clouds and coming down in a slow and peaceful descent towards the Warehouse District. He had been practicing a new technique on the flight here, an application of elasticity to his eyes to catch more light and bend it in ways that greatly improved his vision, he'd picked a suitable clear square to land in from several kio away.

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

Fang raised an eyebrow. Kat didn't sound ready to represent them. But arguing was going nowhere and just keeping them in harm's way. The sooner they could get into Grossh's, the better. He nodded slowly. "Very well. Go and do what you must. Just know... we're here if you need us."

He turned to follow Cao downwards.

Hoto clicked her faceplates again and glimpsed someone descending. She wasted no time in plummeting after them at a reckless speed. She had to reach the ground.

IC: Jayar / Skies over Malebranche

Rather than following Hoto's reckless dive with words of caution, despite his instinct to do so, Jayar made his way back to Kat now.

"It might be helpful in the meeting with Grossh if either Hoto or I, or both of us, came along," he suggested. "He already knows us - he brought us here just recently to see him. The presence of a familiar face might increase his willingness to assist."

Something about this guy seemed off. He had shifted from nervousness to excitement, and now to... regret? Lucid couldn't tell exactly what or why, not quite, but at the very least she could tell his smile was forced.

"Are you feeling okay?" she asked, a little concerned.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC: Xara - Malebranche. 

Sighing, I turned to follow Cao and the others.

IC: Era - Malebranche. 

"Should we get going, then?" I asked, since it was abundantly clear that Kat wasn't going to back down. 

IC--Beat--Infirmary

"Thanks," Beat whispered, looking around at the nearby patients. There was an unconscious white and gold Rahk, another who seemed to have been strangled to within an inch of her life, a looming black figure next to her bed who was just recognizable as a Rahkshi underneath all the tentacles, and a camo-patterned guy who seemed to be the cause of the recent disturbance, judging from the way Palma was lecturing him. Quite the motley crew.

"Oh...I dance," Footwork replied, tapping out a simple rhythm with one foot by way of demonstration. "Just a hobby, but I'm reasonably good at it."

IC (As Ipartsa): "We have a rahkshi posing as a toa of light, someone who got choked out, a rahkshi impersonating Trem Krom and a rahkshi trying to use camouflage. This school is a collection of freaks, isn't it?"

IC (As Feka): "I've never seen any other species do this and rahkshi wouldn't have dance trackers. Who taught you this?" The rahkshi asked before leaving the room. "Ready to return to the gym and see if we can cut out protodermis without it retracting into the floor?"

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

IC Caoutchouc / Warehouse District

Who had the idea to build a city over a heart of fire? Doesn't anyone realize that the smoke would get in their eyes? Going from the clear skies to the smoky street has him coughing and squinting his eyes. So much for visual clarity. It's difficult to make out the others as they head for the ground.

...but close to it

IC: Illusive - Gym.

Controlling Matoran was hard. Figuring out the limitations of their bodies, gauging their approximate strength, measuring their speed and testing their agility. It was both interesting and time-consuming. 

During the battle, it'd been easy. I'd just stood the dozen Matoran in a line and made them all move in sync, shooting, walking, hitting. Several had been injured in the battle, so I'd killed them and taken their infected masks for later use. Now, with half the number of Matoran, I was trying to make them all act individually, while moving around myself - and it was giving me one karz of a headache. 

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Library.

Why are we doing this again? I hate reading.

It's good for our hand eye coordination.

But it's so boring. 

Too bad. 

IC: Exxan - Forest.

I slumped against a tree, stifling a yawn. Phogen had seemingly abandoned me - sadly, it didn't surprise me - and I was on my own once more. I hadn't slept in two days, not since being buried on Visorak, and I was exhausted from the trip here. 

I had been hoping to find someone who could help me find somewhere to lay low for a while, but since the rebels had left, and Phogen had ditched me, it seemed I'd just have to settle for the foot of this tree.

It could be worse...

OOC: Illusive and Glaciem Ignis open for interaction. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

IC: Shock- Library to Halls

"Gah! Barrier!" Kicking said barrier out of the way, Shock then ran out, looking wildly for Blade. There! "Go go go!" He then broke into a full in sprint.

IC: Draco- Refectory

Strolling into the Refectory, Draco grabbed his slop, before going to sit down.

IC: Malattia- Library

Malattia finally arrived at the library. Grabbing a book, she sat down at a table, before they realized who they were sitting with- a two headed being. Well that was different. "Hello there." They said to Glaciem Ignis.

OOC: Draco OFI.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg