Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Era - Terrain Crawler.

Level four sonic powers were great. I'd finally figured out how to filter out the background noise of everyone else's discussions, and had been listening for a while now to the interesting conversation going on between Kat and Fang, who were later joined by two Rahkshi I didn't know. 

But out of the entire conversation, a few things in particular had stuck with me: Omega and Exxan both had sisters, Fang and Kat were planning to leave the school, and Fang wanted to leave Exxan behind. 

I didn't know what to do about any of it, so I kept what I'd learned to myself for now.

IC: Exxan - Terrain Crawler. 

Finally, we were leaving. I'd had enough of sitting around watching Fang shout about me when he thought I wasn't paying attention. I just wanted to get this trip - and the assignment itself - over and done with. 

IC: Sliver - Terrain Crawler. 

Let the games begin....

IC: Illusive - Causeway.

I watched the Crawler leave and turned away, striding back into the school. It was time to end this, once and for all. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sanu-Terrain Crawler

As the Terrain Crawler jerked to life, he(And everyone else) Got Shook around a bit. and He was on the floor, working to Create a Brass Knuckle, it was almost Complete, when his Tool Flew out of his hands, "Ugh." He muttered as he Stood up, a bit wobbly, and Slowly walked over to pick it up. he Got it and Returned to his work.

IC: Shadow-Terrain Crawler

When was the last time you felt like someone was hunting you?

Shadows Still Feeling it. He was still pondering on why she didn't attack, and why she just Turned away. Perhaps Shes over it? I can't be Sure of my Safety until I either Somehow Graduate, or Shes dead... I Just hope its the Quicker Option....

OOC: Both Are Still open for interaction

Edited by Dragon11603

IC: Lucid / Causeway to Courtyard

Lucid reentered the school and made her way to the Courtyard. "Hello?" she called out, before asking a Porter, "Hey, Metal, when's the talent show?" Unsurprisingly, at least to everyone but her, the Porter did not respond.

OOC: Lucid open to interaction.

IC: Shark / Terrain Crawler

The glories of a small enclosed space. If you just listened, you could hear most everything. Especially when Fang was shouting.

IC: Jayar / Causeway to Refectory

Jayar watched the Terrain Crawler sink into the depths until it was no longer visible, and then some, before turning back towards the school.

What now?

He followed the few others who had declined the trip back through the imposing doors. With so many student gone it was strangely quiet. Somehow the noise that remained seemed louder for it.

It occurred to him that he was really hungry. It had been, what, before Sontiri since he'd last eaten? Jayar entered the near-empty Refectory, grabbed some gruel - ugh - and randomly chose a table to sit down and eat at.

OOC: Jayar open to interaction.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Fang - Crawler

He leaned in conspiratorially to give his reply. "She told me she didn't know the details. Didn't you want to know what Omega had been doing while you were... away? She wants to know the whole story before bringing it back to her Makuta, and perhaps dealing what justice Exxan deserves."Unless I get to him first.

IC: Alpha/Crawler

"Makes sense....and now that I think about, you should tell me the story of Omega and why he died. Of course, I know the reason since you said that earlier, but I just want to know his story...since it seemed like you knew him better than I."

Fang glanced around the small compartment. It seemed like they would have enough time. It was most likely further than Malebranche had been.

He leaned in eagerly to begin the tale. "I... didn't know Omega well at first. He had... allied himself with Phogen, a devious plotter of a Rahkshi who had also earned my enmity. She had... disappeared before you arrived, but her brief time here was full of many events that are still echoed through the halls.

"But perhaps the best place to begin would be the Naming Day Assignment. I had been... overseeing an injured Rahkshi after the last assignment, and did not arrive with the others. When I decided to learn for myself what was going on, I was... shocked. Matoran were running panicked through the streets. Rahkshi were tearing the town apart. I couldn't stand by and watch. Unfortunately, the Rahkshi I confronted happened to be the Twins, and Exxan joined us. It was three against one, and they were all well-trained. Needless to say, they... defeated me.

"I... swore revenge and tried to gather a group to assault Exxan, but... it all fell apart. Exxan had heard of its formation, and feared further action against him. He met with Phogen to propose a... meeting of sorts. Omega had... misunderstood his attentions, and could not stand by while I was surrounded and defeated once more. He came to warn me, and I was... prepared for their attacks. Fortunately, it was not necessary, though Omega's courage in standing against them did not go unnoticed. 

"After that event, he always believed himself to be a traitor to those that had sheltered him. But Exxan and Phogen had never cared for him. They treated him as mere muscle, good for nothing but smacking around those that oppose them. Still, he felt he had failed them. I attempted to boost his spirits with a trip to Nynrah, but surely you heard of that small adventure. Before I could recover, he had gone to defend his honor. He believed the only course of action available to him was to face Exxan, and... he lost. I... I never had the chance to stop him."

IC: Rain - Crawler

Rain sat back carefully so as to avoid scratching her paint and let out a sigh of contentment. They were on their way.

IC: Root - Crawler

He had scarcely enough time to locate a seat before the vehicle jerked into motion. Root was unheroically sent sprawling in the narrow passage. He carefully picked himself up and jumped to the seat the moment he had regained his footing.

He remained in some humbly thoughtful pose, blankly staring at the floor beneath him. The words spoken by Lucid and his own plants had seared themselves on his mind. But how could he do such a thing? Surely, to do so would hamper his own combat effectiveness! And of all times, Lucid's vision had come before a dangerous quest.

But he resolved he would care for his own. 'Twas the heroic thing to do.

IC: Tube - Library

Tube followed closely behind Whak until they couldn't contain their curiosity any longer. "Where are we going?" they asked.

IC: Hoto - Hallways

The door to the washroom slowly creaked open, and Hoto carefully stepped out. Her armor was clean and dry, but for now, there was no one to see it. Not even her.

She stopped at the end of the hallway. Its expanse ran far in front of her, continuing on and on beyond the range of her "vision". It would be perfect.

She took a deep breath, and started putting one foot in front of the other. Her pace was a mere crawl, but it quickly increased with each step. She was running, faster than she ever had. Her reflexes were near perfect, allowing her enough time to quickly skid around each corner. Her armor rang like an entire swarm of Porters, echoing back to her nearly too fast to process. The few Rahkshi in the halls, once only viewed in jittery motion, now flowed smoothly from place to place. It was even easier to avoid them when she was moving quickly. It wasn't sight, but it was far better than what she was used to.

Having clickers attached to her joints had an interesting effect. Sitting quietly, she was blind again. Running was more than a means of conveyance to her. Motion was more than just progress. It was vision. Running was clarity.

And she could use a little clarity right now.

IC: Jayar / Refectory to Hallways

Jayar finished his meal in absent silence and returned his tray, then left the Refectory, headed for the Gym. He wasn't on the assignment, but he could still better his combat skills. If he could find anyone to spar, that was. If not, it could never hurt to get some exercise in.

And... that was the one place he could be absolutely certain he wouldn't run into Hoto. Not that he didn't want to... but... well, he didn't want to. She had asked to be left alone... he couldn't violate that request, lest he hurt her once more. And he couldn't bear to face her rejection again. He would stay away, until she or destiny declared otherwise.

But in the quiet, empty halls, a sound came declaring that perhaps destiny had chosen for them to meet sooner. A wash of noise, from the straight hallway that intersected the one he was in. There was no mistaking it. It was so much like the moment just before they had collided before...

..except that instead of putting himself right into Hoto's path, Jayar stopped and just stood there, watching her fly by with impossible speed. He did not speak, nor move, nor hide. If she saw him... fine. If not... maybe equally fine.

IC: Vlad / Infirmary to Courtyard

At last, Vlad rose from the Infirmary bed. He was feeling somewhat better now, at least, physically. Inside he was screaming at himself.

You tried it again. You FOOL! Will you ever learn to control yourself?

Hah, no.

"Come on, Ivan," he said sadly to his Ice Bat, who was hanging from the ceiling above him. Ivan unfurled his wings at Vlad's voice. "Let us go unt see if zer talent show ist still goink to happen."

The Ice Bat released himself from the ceiling and followed Vlad into the halls, and then the Courtyard. "Hello," said Vlad to [the people there.] Ivan gave a friendly squeak.

OOC: Just who is in the Courtyard now, anyways? I've lost track.

IC: Melody-Courtyard

"H-h-hello."  Melody replied to the newcomer.  Maybe there would be enough people to do the talent show anyway?

IC: Booger-Infirmary

Booger had fallen asleep and was snoring loudly.  He reached for his club in his sleep only to find it wasn't there.  He woke up, groggily asking, "Wha?  Where is Ol' Crusty?"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

OOC: What's the status of Toxin and Revenge?

IC: Alpha/Crawler

As the crawler started to move, I listened to tales of Fang. It was interesting to hear about this...sad tale.

"My brother wouldn't have gone to such extremities if I was here...."

IC: Bullseye/Courtyard

My thoughts about the performances were interrupted with the appearance of Vlad. Friendly as I was, I wasn't all that happy to see him, before Toxin left with Revenge he told me about Vlad's weird...eccentricity. But I didn't want to be angry with him.

"Ah Vlad! Great to see you. I heard about what happened to Toxin. You didn't touch him did you?"

IC Kat:

I absent-mindlessly fidgeted with the fang necklace, still mulling over what had been said.

That Other Rahkshi..... Was a manipulator. That much was clear. What Makuta denied strength? Or even guile? My own Makuta would have bee pleased at Exxan's actions, if disappointed that he'd had to resort to such brutal methods.

It didn't make sense. Why now? I stared, mild animosity clear in my eyes.

Fang had a problem. A big one.

I snapped my gaze to him, "You only listen when it's something you want to hear, Fang. And it's gonna get you in trouble, you know that?"

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Tube looked around to try to locate the source of the noise. "Are they in trouble?" the asked frantically.

"I would hope so," he sighed to Alpha.

Kat's sudden analysis caused him to flinch. "What is that supposed to mean?" he asked in a low growl.

IC: Hoto - Hallways

There were so few Rahkshi in the halls now, with everyone off on the assignment. Her vision was clear enough to pick up a few details she wouldn't have previously. Her focus jumped from Rahkshi to Rahkshi, enjoying each new piece of the picture. It was better than wondering about...

Jayar. She would know his profile anywhere. He flashed by her in a side passage, not speaking, not moving. She suddenly felt self-conscious. Should she stop? Could she bear to be in his presence after... all of that?

No, she decided. She had to know first. She gave no outward sign of noticing him as she raced past, though she hated herself for leaving him. Just running past would hurt, she knew. But so would stopping to talk to him. It was impossible to avoid. But... she still needed time to decide.

Her pace picked up, though she still didn't know where she was going. She had no destination in mind, only a journey, though her feet seemed determined to whisk her away somewhere. She slammed into the doors, throwing them open as she burst outside. The Causeway was empty and silent beyond the rush of waves. But she didn't stop there.

She was halfway across the pillars before she realized where she was going. It was as if the spirit of Sontiri was guiding her along the path she could almost remember. The forms she "saw" merged with memories of color, and for a moment, it was almost as if she could see the dull greyish brown of the ground under her feet, the white-capped waves far below, the dark sky that had sheltered them from the searching gaze of the Matoran. But as soon as the feeling had come, it faded, leaving her in blindness and confusion. Not yet, Sontiri seemed to whisper.

Tube looked up curiously at the bound Rahk, more like a Matoran regarding a strange insect than one offering pity. Were those... vines?

"Should we... help him?" Tube asked slowly.

"She doesn't have plans!" he burst out, his voice steadily raising once more. "Sliver is here to learn about Exxan and punish him accordingly! I want to see him meet justice! What is the crime in working together to achieve the same goal?!"

He had made a fool of himself believing Exxan was spying on him. He wasn't going to make the same mistake, seeing plans where there were none.

Edited by Click

IC: Silver - Crawler

My thoughts had wandered off to other worlds, but I was instantly self-aware again as I thought I heard someone say my name. I was about to turn around when one of the arguing Rahkshi roared, spurring me to reach for my staff.

"Hey, tone it down a bit, will ya?" The words escaped my faceplate without conscious thought.

Edited by Aerixx: Gukko Lord

Tube snickered a little. A hero called Root? And he beat this guy? Obviously, he was not good enough to be a new master. Maybe they could just leave him.

Ic: Fang - Crawler

He fell silent and drooped in his seat under Kat's wrath. Even without her powers, it was terrifying. Even more so for how infrequently it occurred.

It's not for myself, he repeated to try to convince himself.

"What about Alpha?" he mumbled. "What about you? He has no regard for others..."

Edited by Click

IC: Vorzorak-Crawler

The Arguing of other rahkshi was bothering him, disrupting him reading his notes he took on Visorak, when he Heard Another Rahkshi tell them to Quiet down

"Someone had to speak up eventually." He muttered. He wanted his Staff back so he Could Bonk them in the Head for being so loud.

IC: Sanurahk-Crawler

Sanurahk was still Sitting on the Floor... Building from the Materials He Made out of that Staff he Found on the Gym Floor... He Tried on the Brass knuckle He Just Finished, it was a bit loose, A bit Loose is Better than too Tight to get on. Sanu Realized he Had plenty of time, So he Decided to Start Putting 'SANU' On the Knuckles of the Weapon

Edited by Dragon11603

"They can hear you back at Corpus!" I shouted across the Crawler to Kat and Fang. "Can you two tone it down a bit?"

My ears hurt after Kat's angered, all-caps outburst.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I..." he tried to begin, but there was no good way to respond to that. "What about Omega?"

No, that was a bad response too. He cringed, bracing himself for Kat's reaction.

"I'm no hero!" Tube spat. "Villains are much more fun. They get cake."

IC: Shark / Crawler

Wonderful. Shark put on an annoyed face, as though the argument was irritating him, but in reality he was enjoying it immensely. If assignments were meant to be educational, this one was succeeding. Invaluable information was just being given away. Beautiful.

IC: Jayar / Hallway

Jayar watched Hoto recede into the hallway, headed - where? - anywhere, it was away from him.

He remained frozen for another moment. He had made his decision: if she didn't want to talk, he would leave her be. They would meet again, when destiny allowed...

Just like destiny had allowed Phantom to nearly kill Kat? And allowed Hoto to have amnesia?

No. Destiny could go to Karz before he had forsaken Hoto. He raced into the hallway after her, but he was no Dodge Rahkshi, and it was harder to run with great speed for him than it was for Hoto. Through the hallways he ran, following the echoes - slowly growing more distant - of Hoto's clickers to the doors of the school, just swinging closed. He threw them open in time to see Hoto racing down the Causeway, towards Nynrah. The island which held the memories of Sontiri's fight with Phantom. Where Matoran sat in wait, to spring a lethal trap on Rahkshi intruders.

Like the lone Rahkshi of Dodge.

"Hoto! Wait!" he called out after her. Was he even doing the right thing? "I've got to talk to you!"

IC Kat:

I gazed evenly, almost sadly at my partner.

"He's gone, Fang. Laid to rest. It's time to move on from that. I'm not asking you to forgive."

My eyes lot with a familiar fire.

"You wanna beat the Karz out of him, fine, save it for the assignment. But if I find out that you killed him, or left him in a position to be killed, I will hold you accountable."

IC: A voice sounded out over the compartment's speaker system. The students had been expecting the gruff tones of Suvak, it had been he who had led the last task and introduced this one after all, but were instead greeted by the voice of Tridax, deep and liquid smooth, but with an unexpected sharpness. A bucket of molten chocolate with razor blades hidden inside. 

"There will now be a short demonstration on the perils of Visorak."

Holographic displays lit up at various spots in the carriage, illuminated depictions of the island of Visorak that slowly rotated in mid-air. 

"The game will be held in the currently highlighted area of the island." A circle of dark red surrounded a peninsula in the south-east, "It is currently not in use as territory by any of the three hordes that occupy the island. These hordes are of the Boggarak, Keelerak and Oohnorak species. Their hunting grounds are being highlighted so you can avoid them at all costs."

True enough, sections of the map became singled out, colour-coded blocks depicting where the swarms were known to congregate and seek food.

"Stay away from the Visorak and the only threats you face are each other. When we reach the landing point you will be divided into two teams, each team having a flag and an area in which it is located. These are now being indicated on the map, and information on each location will follow."

The black, blue and green rectangles of terror disappeared and were replaced by a pair of dots to indicate the home base for each team.

"The base for Team Backstab, in blue, is in the village of Farsholt. The last refuge of the native species before the Visorak assumed complete control, it now lies largely in ruin and disrepair. Built onto a protruding rock promontory it features an old lighthouse that doubled as a keep, the surrounding housing buildings, and a small wall that would close it off from the mainland were it not breached and broken in many places. The Base for Team Doublecross is in the Starnhorn range, a serious of hills and valleys created by glacial flows. It features a great number of treacherous paths and narrow choke-points, along with a great number of places to hide.

"There are four ways to reach one base from the other: land, air, coast, and a fourth you won't know of. The first three each have their own dangers ranging from the powerful sea currents should you attempt swimming, to dangerous terrain in the jungles, to Venom Flyers watching the skies. The fourth route is the Low Way, a tunnel dug during the Visorak's initial conquest of the island to try and bypass the defences around Farsholt. While it has one main branch, that reaches the village via Starnhorn, and can be accessed by either, it has numerous offshoots that were used to bring in supplies or reinforcements. The tunnels are a labyrinth and will be complicated to navigate."

As a helpful insight into the rough path of the Low Way, the map changed once again, now showing an approximation of the Way's main branch.

"Lastly to note, for now, is the area this Terrain Crawler will be beaching in. This area will be considered a neutral zone, and Suvak will be remaining on board to ensure that rule is maintained. If any student is injured they may come here to have wounds repaired before returning the fight. But be warned, the Crawler's capacity for repair is not nearly the equivalent to Palma. Its systems were designed more for maintenance than medical emergencies and it will be unable to help with, for example, broken limbs. Bear that in mind if you're feeling suicidal."

Another map change, this one removing the bases to make it clear where the Crawler could be found

"If you need any reminders of the information I have just given you, the maps are designed to react to touch, and can be interacted with by tapping the feature you wish to remind yourself of."

At this point every item of interest Tridax had mentioned renewed its place on the map, the lights that formed them pulsing slightly.

"We are nearing our destination. Be ready."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Sanu-Crawler

"Those Holograms are amazing!" He Said, before returning to his Brass Knuckle, "Man, we are almost there, And I'm on "N", Better Speed it up"...

OOC: Sanu Open to interaction

IC: Shadow-Crawler

Shadow already decided he would be last off the Vehicle, It would make it so the Painter couldn't Sneak up Behind him

IC: Vorzorak-Crawler

Vorzorak was Happy that the Boggorak was on the northern part of the island, when they were on the Southern Part of the Island, he Didn't Like the idea of them attacking for Some reason... Oohnorak Can Mimic people, Not as bad as Dehydration or Acid.

Edited by Dragon11603

IC: Shark / Terrain Crawler

Shark listened to Tridax' every word, carefully memorizing every bit of information. Visorak, treacherous paths with places to hide, limited medical support? It was everything he could have hoped for, and then some.

To Silver, he said, "Sounds treacherous. We better stick together and be careful, eh?"

Backstab and Doublecross? Those weren't exactly comforting names. I had a bad feeling about this....

IC: Sliver - Terrain Crawler.

"Who is on which team?" I asked, looking over the maps.

Great... Another assignment that required me to see something in order to know what the heck was going on. 

IC - Crawler

Caoutchouc was having the same doubts as Exxan. He was near enough to the vacuumrahk to voice his concerns. "Look, I'm not taking sides in the whole, 'you vs Fang' issue. But if you, me and him are teamed together, I'll keep an eye out for you. He is acting needlessly aggressive right now and that could lead to everyone getting hurt, not just you or him."

...but close to it

"No offence," I turned to Caoutchouc, "but letting other people fight my battles is what made Fang hate me in the first place. I'll deal with him myself, if he forces me to." I just hoped it wouldn't come to that.