Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Kat: after several hours, I awoke. My body rested and my mind alert. And my stomach growling. But that could wait.

Gathering the metal from my cupboard, I streaked down the hall, passing the library and Refactory on my way out the door to head out to the Causeway. I hoped the main village was okay, and wasn't too wary of my presence to do business with me.

OOC: Kat is open for interaction for a little while before she heads out.

IC: Burst

"I swear, the craziest stuff always happens in the library."

Burst decided not to bother Fang, for the time being. He went to one of the shelves, picked up a book on how leveling works, and began to read it.

OOC: open for interaction

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Poly: "no one is truly untouchable." I say grimly. "Influence and charm only go so far. Personal strength is what carries us in this world."

~you wouldn't know anything about that. fool.~

I know more than you know, psychopath.

~you flatter me~

IC

"The problem is his proximity to those he has charmed or influenced."

My ever-present chessboard comes into play. The black king in the defensive "castle" position with his rook, knight and bishop flanking him. "Even if he were weak, Exxan packs himself into a tight defensive formation at all times. The only way to best him would be to catch him alone. Not an easy task in a faculty as insular as ours."

"Even if we ignore his stronger lieutenants, he has a myriad of pawns between us and him. They might go down easily, but even one escaping can sound the alarm."

His gut twisted in revulsion, was he about to... Truly... Suggest this?

"...what you n-... WHAT you need to do is, is... Play his and Phogen's game. Play it and play it better than them. The game of alliances, subtle words and subtler dealings."

...but close to it

IC: Raptor

"You realize you're gonna start doing the same thing right now if you don't calm down? Look at what you're talking about. You're saying you wish you had died. I can easily make that wish come true. I could murder you, helpless right now if that's what you want. But I trust you've come to your senses just enough to know that deep down, you want to live. I you start screaming again, I'll make sure my arrow goes straight to the Kraata inside you. So snap out of it!"

OOC: This is the most emotion Raptor has shown so far... character development? Or foreshadowing?

Edited by Gukko Lord

IC: Dodge-256

"Right." Dodge nodded. "I guess I'll report him to the authorities then." Exxan had a point. If they did anything to make Fang look in the right, the situation would become worse.

There was also the matter of the "Wraith" but Exxan wasn't really the one to talk to about that.

"Oh, right. Congratulations on your leveling up. Heard it from some people in the halls."

... maybe he was the person to talk to though.

"Sorry for being log winded, but did anybody try to snipe you during the Naming Day assignment?"

IC Phogen

Yet when Omega awoke, Phogen was no longer in the room. But he would know where to find her. It was where she typically was. Causing discord among her enemies, trying to bring lost ones into the fold, and reading.

As such, it would not have been too much of a surprise that she had been keeping silent vigil over the library, listening in on various convorsations, deeply invested in a world geography book that had some interesting notes on the motion of the islands throughout the ages. When on piqued her intrest, she had moved her seat to listen, silently gliding above the bookshelves, keeping low and unnoticed.

From above Poly, Fang, and the shining crusader, her voice cooed out to the conspirators below. "And you truely think you can play the game better than I?" Her leg dangled idly over the edge of one of the tall bookselves as she laid on her chest, flipping through maps of the ages.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Poly: I look up to the Rahkshi lazily glancing over some maps. They definitely had a certain air about them. Not that I cared.

~you are the only strong one~

Not very consistent, are you.

"At the end of the day, if I'm stronger, and faster, than I can kill those in my way. All else has no meaning to me."

~excellent~

IC: Exxan. 

"Now that I think about it..." Exxan mused, "...someone did take a shot at me while I was fighting Fang. I was in a narrow alleyway, and it looked like they must have been firing from a fair distance, so they missed completely, but I still don't understand why they would do that, or who it might have been. Why do you ask?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Omega

"Even if I did I wouldn't say. I'm presuming she is already mad at me as it is. As for me... I am Omega. I was jealous of Exxan and his levelling up. So I tried to plot against him. Snakey found me and ratted me out. I panicked and became more and more insane. Then... well you know the rest." Omega said. He ripped the arrow out of his head. It hurt but he didn't give a at this point.

IC Poly: I look up to the Rahkshi lazily glancing over some maps. They definitely had a certain air about them. Not that I cared.

~you are the only strong one~

Not very consistent, are you.

"At the end of the day, if I'm stronger, and faster, than I can kill those in my way. All else has no meaning to me."

~excellent~

IC Phogen

Ah, so many of these musclehead types. They were becoming a source of mirth and sport for her, when they were not driving him up a wall. Not bothering to look up, she drolly rolled back "You might want to go down the Phantom-on-the-Water and have some glasses made. Your nearsightedness seems like a potent weakness." Licking a finger, she tuned a page to a map detailing Metru Nui as it was a millennia ago.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Raptor nodded quickly, then promptly exited the infirmary.

"Can ya keep an eye on him, Revenge?" He moved down the hallway, his mind roaring. If Phogen was really as powerful as everyone said, it'd be at the library, where Fang, Phogen's enemy, would be. If not...

Raptor walked into the library, seeing exactly what he'd expected.

IC: Squid

On his way to Exxan's dorm, Squid saw that Exxan was not in his dorm. He was talking with another Rahkshi. Squid walked over and crossed his arms.

" Hello Exxan. I was in the library, and I ran into multiple Rahkshi who disliked you. Fang told me you just attacked him. And several other Rahkshi who were friends with him recognized you as the "book killer." Is this true? You attacked another Rahkshi- your equal- and removed a piece of his armor in the fight? And that you knocked a bookshelf on some Rahkshi besides your target and assassin during the assassination assignment? I'm beginning to rethink our friendship. You need to shape up and learn respect for your peers. Oh and you might want to watch out for the others, they see you and Phogen as some evil force to be eliminated and you have bodygaurds and stuff. Their plans of dealing with you aren't nearly as diplomatic. Speaking of which, you should disband your/Phogens group, because there will always be opposition to any group."

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Phogen

Yet when Omega awoke, Phogen was no longer in the room. But he would know where to find her. It was where she typically was. Causing discord among her enemies, trying to bring lost ones into the fold, and reading.

As such, it would not have been too much of a surprise that she had been keeping silent vigil over the library, listening in on various convorsations, deeply invested in a world geography book that had some interesting notes on the motion of the islands throughout the ages. When on piqued her intrest, she had moved her seat to listen, silently gliding above the bookshelves, keeping low and unnoticed.

From above Poly, Fang, and the shining crusader, her voice cooed out to the conspirators below. "And you truely think you can play the game better than I?" Her leg dangled idly over the edge of one of the tall bookselves as she laid on her chest, flipping through maps of the ages.

IC

"I do not plan to, I'm merely warning some of our juniors as to the stupidity of their plans." I turn to face Phogen, "I saw your tactics in the last assignment. Much as I dislike it, our ways of thinking seem to align in the oddest capacities. If you're both heads and tails on one side of the coin, I would be the other side."

Brushing off one of my favored martial arts book, I begin to read.

"As such, I have no plans to oppose you actively or passively for the time being. Bizarrely enough, I have developed a modicum of respect and understanding for your ways."

...but close to it

IC Phogen

The Rahk gave a small nod and wave to the newcomer. The smile was indescribably warm and pleasant, and the wave a motion that came out of calm rather than any inkling in of superiority. He was confidently arched atop a bookshelf, reading an atlas with some supplementary maps and a notebook. There was a bit of charisma in the way he held himself. He called quietly to Raptor "Ah, hello. I hope Omega is doing fine? He has potential, and it would be a sore wound to me if such a simple and pure Rahk was permanently damaged, let alone the fondness I have for his company." There was sincerity there, but also a razor edge of pragmatism.

IC Poly: "don't mistake my drive for idiocy. In any case, what are you here for? Looking for more troops for your little 'army'?"

~KILL-~

Shut up.

IC Phogen

"I am looking for allies and spotting who wishes to make an enemy of me, if that is what you mean. Calling it an army implies brutishness and hierarchy. I would like to think we are more fine tuned and equitable than that."

IC Phogen

IC

"I do not plan to, I'm merely warning some of our juniors as to the stupidity of their plans." I turn to face Phogen, "I saw your tactics in the last assignment. Much as I dislike it, our ways of thinking seem to align in the oddest capacities. If you're both heads and tails on one side of the coin, I would be the other side."

Brushing off one of my favored martial arts book, I begin to read.

"As such, I have no plans to oppose you actively or passively for the time being. Bizarrely enough, I have developed a modicum of respect and understanding for your ways."

"How enlightened of you. I must reserve judgement until I see more of your results, but I admit I have grown a degree of respect for you as well. I hope it grows."

OOC: Squid said so many incorrect things that it actually astounds me. The rumour mill in this school is insane. 

IC: Exxan.

"Okay..." Exxan looked from Dodge to Squid. "First off, this Wraith sounds pretty dangerous if she blew your leg off." he said to Dodge. "Secondly," he turned to Squid, "while you were off killing those trees, (which I'm very thankful for, by the way), Fang attacked The Twins and I. He was outnumbered, I gave him several chances to back off, and he refused. We acted solely in self-defence. Thirdly, the only person I killed with books - not a bookshelf - was Caoutchouc, who was my assassin. That was also self-defence. In fact, now that I think about it, the only Rahkshi I have ever attacked was actually you, and unlike Caoutchouc and Fang, you didn't take it personally, which I'm also thankful for."

He sighed disappointedly, "However, if you're going to listen to every hot-headed, rumour-spitting, revenge-driven, spiteful idiot you run into, instead of just asking me outright about these things yourself, then I might have to "rethink our friendship" as well. Don't you see what's going on here? I'm level three now. They're jealous, and worried, and afraid, because now I'm a threat. They're scared of me, and of Phogen, and of you as well. We have to stick together, now more than ever before."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Sorry for getting all this hype and then logging off all day. :P Christmas shopping, and the like.

IC: Fang

Fang ignored the conversation going on around him, trying to block out everything. Yes, he was hotheaded. Yes, there were better ways. No, he couldn't "beat Phogen at her own game." She was the one who represented everything wrong with this school. All the scheming, all the backstabbing...

Speak of the devil. Only Phogen could earn a cold glare from Fang before he turned back to his book. He absentmindedly ran his hand over the curved blade. The blade he had planned to...

"No." He said in a low voice, almost too low for the others to hear. He couldn't take this. Them arguing over him like he was some kind of... exhibit. He stood up, still carrying the sword, and walked to the door. He paused with a hand on the doorframe, waiting to hear any kind of exclamation, any kind of question, any kind of insult, anything that would tell him he wasn't just invisible.

IC: Hoto

Hoto smiled in gratitude at Phogen. No, she couldn't be just a schemer, not someone who would stop just for a blind Rahkshi. Whoever this Omega was, they were crazy for trying to betray him. Her question was answered by a mad Rahkshi bursting out of the school. She turned, ready to fight, unwilling to try, but it was all ended with the sickening sound of an arrow piercing their headplate. As the crowd thinned, Hoto stood in shock outside. It was all coming so fast, she could barely keep up. But she knew one thing: She wanted to be on Phogen's side against whoever would try to hurt her. 

The others had already moved along, with Phogen helping to carry the mad traitor inside. Hoto followed after, but was quickly lost in the crowd. By the time she got to the infirmary, she couldn't detect the Rahkshi of Sonics anywhere. She decided to try the Refectory, and ran inside.

OOC: Hoto open to interaction.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

Raptor grinned.

"If by 'doing fine' you mean injected with a possibly fatal poison, then he's doing great." he said casually. "Isn't that what traitors like him deserve?"

OOC: ...

IC Phogen

Phogen looked down at Raptor, a disbelieving eyebrow raised, and his smile vanishing into a serious frown. "Not if one wishes to avoid unwanted attention from the administration, or may judge such acts as a result of madness rather than unchecked ambition. Madness can be directed, and Omega does not strike me as bright enough to have the capacity for the guile you describe." There was sincerity, but now something else. Like a venom, he was testing, scientifically introducing Raptor to stimuli and gauging his response.

Phogen leaned sideways on the bookshelf, taking up a casual, and mildly provocative pose. She leaned her head on her hand, propping it up. She cooed, disappointed "Leaving so soon, my shining knight?"