Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I think imbuing a non-Hunger Rahkshi with the ability to absorb energy through its hands would be ridiculously complicated (and that's ignoring the possibility that it might be vetoed for allowing Rahkshi who aren't Vorahk to have Vorahk-like abilities.) The easiest, if somewhat distasteful, way I can think to do it would be to take the food absorber things out of a Matoran's corpse and somehow integrate them into a Rahkshi suit. Even that, though, would probably require extensive knowledge of both the Rahkshi and Matoran nervous and digestive systems, probably beyond the scope of knowledge for anyone in the school except Palma.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

You all just killed my dreams of a batcave-esque base of operations hidden on Nynrah. :(

Now I need to wonder if I could do the same with Malebrache..

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

You don't need a hidden base in Malebranche. There's plenty of good hiding places already.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So much travel time...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's not that hard to find, really. Just do what the rebels did: follow the river.

EDIT: And Ninja'd. Being stuck on mobile sucks.

Though perhaps even that knowledge isn't exactly easily attained.

Well, everyone who went on the Hide and Teach assignment - plus anyone else they might have told - would know that Malebrache is inland, and has a river.

It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together - there's a river, and it heads inland. Common sense would suggest that it might lead to Malebranche, or at least connect to another body of water that does.

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Come to think of it, you wouldn't even need to bother with assumptions like that if you knew the name of the river closest to Corpus and had read the pamphlets from the assignment (or, again, knew someone who had), which specifically mentioned that the Eidolon flowed through Malebranche.

Or, failing that, there's always the Library.

IC: Lucid / Lucid's Cave

Lucid sighed with sadness, and... pity. "But that's part of the problem," she said wistfully. "A lot of people - like you, even - are good people at heart. But they don't think about what that means, because it's easier not to... easier just to believe in the values they're given, rather than finding their own. And then when the test comes and they need to make a choice, they only know of one to choose - the one that they've always been taught, the same old ways of reciprocated bloodshed and violence, the same sad tale that rings mournfully down the through the ages again and again."

This pretty much sums up the entire game of what's happening. Rahkshi fighting for their own beliefs... Or following the footsteps the old Rahkshi took. I need to pay much more attention to Lucid...
  • Upvote 1

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

OoC: Any way you guys can think of that I could weld or mold the plate?

As a Kurahk with no forging equipment, and minimal prior knowledge of the art of metalworking? Probably not right now, anyways. If you want to be realistic about it, I'd say take the plate with you and then read up on metalworking in the Library, then do the actual forging in the Gym, where you can have lava and tools and such.

• Upvote 1

IC: Aka'Ri

Aka'Ri realized that no vendors existed inside this cave. It silently cursed itself, and started looking around for armor for the spider. It picked up a decent sized armor plate, it looked around for a way to mold it.

OoC: Any way you guys can think of that I could weld or mold the plate?

You don't have to. Just bump into Sidonas and notice the metalworking tools in his bag.

Or just think up a forge in the gym.

Speaking of, anyone think there might be a chance that a forge would still be standing in P-o-T-W? Or is pretty much everything obliterated?

EDIT: Ninja'd. Curse you John/Sergei, curse you.

Edited by Kovika

Or, failing that, there's always the Library.

Xara actually gathered up all of the maps to Malebranche she could find in the library ages ago. 

Well, I was going to write about 15 paragraphs explaining how Sido found his way to Malebranche over several days worth of posts, but never mind.

Xara actually gathered up all of the maps to Malebranche she could find in the library ages ago. 

She took every single map of Nynrah? Pretty much any map of the mainland could be used to find Malebranche, and it seems unlikely (and a tad unfair, honestly) she would have taken every one, given how many there probably were between however many atlases, geography textbooks, etc. the Library is supposed to hold.

And even if she did, that was as you say ages ago, and I'm pretty sure Suvak once mentioned that the Library takes student requests. Given that maps of Nynrah are likely to be in fairly high demand among the student body, I imagine by now more would have been brought in.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

All the ones she could find in the space of about one paragraph. 

So yeah, I think it would be rather unlikely that she even got close to finding them all. 

Sido has been mentioned before as not being a very good navigator, but not a terrible one. Probably just going to copy a map of Nynrah onto a certain handy Codex.

For some reason I just thought about Fang making a remark about Sidonas' navigation skills when he meets up with the rest of the rebels in Malebrache. Navigation insults for Click anyone?

Well, keep in mind that even if Sidonas does manage to make it to Malebranche on your own, he isn't even guaranteed to meet up with Fang or the rest of the rebellion at all, or at least not very easily. It's a big city to go searching through, and they're all going to be doing our best to remain inconspicuous and largely out of sight.

Also, for the record, Kovinth totally has an atlas, it's in his bio. :P

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Well, keep in mind that even if Sidonas does manage to make it to Malebranche on your own, he isn't even guaranteed to meet up with Fang or the rest of the rebellion at all, or at least not very easily. It's a big city to go searching through, and they're all going to be doing our best to remain inconspicuous and largely out of sight.

Sod it, I'm still going to be thinking of all possible insults.

Name: Spezia

Variation: Plant Control

Level: 2

Appearance: A light green with lines of white running around her limbs. Occaisonally wears a ridiculous chef's hat.

Gear: Spezia has three bags. In one bag, she has various spices, from cinnamon to oregano to basil, with salt, sugar, and pepper in it as well. In another bag, she has seeds which she plants, uses her powers on it, and harvests the materials she needs. In her final bag, she has a variety of knives, a meat tenderizer, a peeler, a cheese grater, and a stirring spoon. All these bags are labelled. She also has a chef's hat.

Personality: Spezia can come across as rude to most people, and believes that she is the most important in any room. She is quite bossy, and makes sure her brother, Strurin, never forgets who is in charge. Despite this, Spezia can make a meal out of almost anything edible. She uses the gym to cook, from thinking up the tables to the furnaces she uses to cook. She is disgusted by the Refectory slop, just like Strurin.

Bio: Bio: Spezia was created by a Makuta who was into the finer arts, and as such, passed on her skills to her children. This Makuta was part of a small group of Makuta who respected these arts, and this particular Makuta was into cooking. She taught Spezia and her brother how to use their skills to cook, and then sent them to Corpus to pass on this art.

Approved

Name: Strurin

Variation: Rahi Control

Appearance: Standard Pink for Rahi Control Rahks, But Has Padded feet to Dull Footsteps.

Gear: A Bow, a Quiver of arrows, Rope(For Traps), and a few Pots and Pans he keeps in his Dorm.

Personality: Strurin is generally calm and patient, even around his sister, although she can test his patience. He respects the lives of the animals, taking only what they need. - is skilled in trapping, and can identify any Rahi. Like his sister, SpeziaStrurin is disgusted by the Refectory slop.

Bio: Strurin was created by a Makuta who was into the finer arts, and as such, passed on her skills to her children. This Makuta was part of a small group of Makuta who respected these arts, and this particular Makuta was into cooking. She taught Strurin and his sister how to use their skills to cook, and then sent them to Corpus to pass on this art. 

Also approved

I'm not sure if there's a misunderstanding here, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case. There are no vendors in the Cauldron. It's just a big room full of random weapons, paint, food, and metal scraps. And I doubt there would be any Rahkshi-sized armor pieces, so it would probably have to be customized.

I just had an idea: What if someone decides to set up a sort of base of operations in those caves? I know it seems kind of pointless, but just think of how it could be used..

It wouldn't be pointless, it would be self-defeating. The Cauldron is used as a smuggling point because of its relative anonymity and inconvenient location. Trying to set up shop there, especially by a Rahkshi, is just going to scare off those who would normally bring in the supplies

7AOYGDJ.jpg

It only recently occurred to me - who are the smugglers who use the Cauldron? Despite how often people go there, the smugglers have never appeared IC. And if their stuff keeps getting taken, why do they keep using it? 

Passing Ghosts and other such dealers and manufacturers. They keep using it because they don't have any other recourse. if they were any kind of legitimate enterprise with money and means then they'd get their stuff shipped properly. Instead its various low-scale operations by those not too high on the smuggling/piracy/shipping ladder. This is, for the record, the reason you're not going to find any fantastic weaponry in the Cauldron despite it being next to Ghost central, all the really good stuff is going by different channels

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I think imbuing a non-Hunger Rahkshi with the ability to absorb energy through its hands would be ridiculously complicated (and that's ignoring the possibility that it might be vetoed for allowing Rahkshi who aren't Vorahk to have Vorahk-like abilities.) The easiest, if somewhat distasteful, way I can think to do it would be to take the food absorber things out of a Matoran's corpse and somehow integrate them into a Rahkshi suit. Even that, though, would probably require extensive knowledge of both the Rahkshi and Matoran nervous and digestive systems, probably beyond the scope of knowledge for anyone in the school except Palma.

Time to go rip off a matoran's fingers and gut them. And consult Pakma after extensive studying in the library. Also, anyone open for interaction? I got a new character I want to use.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

For the record, Liuth, you're unlikely to succeed in that endeavour. Matoran don't have a special chip or organ that lets them feed by energy absorption, they just can. Way they were built. I'd look at it from the other direction if I were you, see what makes things like the Metru Nui Feeding Point or Vuata Maca trees capable of bestowing that energy when things like Kanoka apparently aren't

Edited by Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Passing Ghosts and other such dealers and manufacturers. They keep using it because they don't have any other recourse. if they were any kind of legitimate enterprise with money and means then they'd get their stuff shipped properly. Instead its various low-scale operations by those not too high on the smuggling/piracy/shipping ladder. This is, for the record, the reason you're not going to find any fantastic weaponry in the Cauldron despite it being next to Ghost central, all the really good stuff is going by different channels

And then that stuff is gonna start disappearing, you know, since everyone else already has

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Instead its various low-scale operations by those not too high on the smuggling/piracy/shipping ladder. 

Must be pretty low indeed, considering that all they ever seem to be smuggling is paint and scrap metal. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

It doesn't matter. I think everyone's pretty much accepted that Vaalku makes literally no sense at all; we just ignore his inane mutterings, or dismiss them as the ramblings of a madman. 

• Upvote 1

When exactly did Omega and Vaalku hate each other?

Omega flew with Vaalku and Fang to Nyhrah.

Omega fought Caoutchouc in a chess match to make sure Vaalku didn't get his hide whipped off him.

The only time they ever came to blows was when Vaalku kicked his head. Vaalku has a lot to thank Omega for.

He snkciered

I... I don't even know what i did there.

Edited by Ghidora131

No problem. Glad to have you back.

EDIT:

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom pretended to ignore the interloper for a moment, loading another stone into his sling and preparing to fling it toward one of his targets. At the last moment, though, he spun on his heel and sent the missile speeding toward her midsection. A bit predictable, perhaps, but he was just testing the waters at this point.

One piece of advice- DON'T scratch Rain's paint. Edited by Akai Zaza

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

Instead its various low-scale operations by those not too high on the smuggling/piracy/shipping ladder. 

Must be pretty low indeed, considering that all they ever seem to be smuggling is paint and scrap metal. 

Well you gotta do something with all the scrap metal. It can't all be turned into great works. And that paint ain't gonna shift itself now is it?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well you gotta do something with all the scrap metal. It can't all be turned into great works. And that paint ain't gonna shift itself now is it?

Clockwork found a blowtorch in there once. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi