Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Yeah I'm gonna try to make another character.

Name: Jodohnn

Variation: (EDIT) Elasticity

Level: 2

Gear: Jodohnn has a small metal spade and a rocket jumper. The rocket jumper is a device that enables him to perform highly skilled rocket jumps in order to quickly move about an area. Jodohnn wears a belt with two pouches in the back. They both contain parts of refined metal.

<>ROCKET JUMPER DETAILS<>

The rocket jumper, as I stated above, is a rocket launcher-like device that can send the user skyward. Jodohnn's rocket jumper fires a pulse of gravitational energy that bursts when it hits a solid object. It looks somewhat like a purple football made of energy. When the pulse hits a target, it detonates and blasts the user away like they've been hit by an explosion. However, THE BLAST IS TOTALLY HARMLESS. The rocket jumper's creator did this on purpose to make the rocket jumper only usable as a tool and not a weapon. Anyone who is hit by the blast besides the one using the device will not be hurt in any way, nor will they be pushed away. To perform a basic rocket jump, Jodohnn would walk forward and jump, and then quickly point the jumper at his heels, fire, and then quickly turn back towards the direction he wants to go. It is possible for him to just point at his feet and fire, but this is less effective. By detonating the pulse at his heels while jumping forwards, the blast propels him further than if he'd just shot down. Also, by crouching in midair, he can jump further because of less air resistance. There are several specialized techniques Jodohnn can do with his jumper. One of these is the self-explanatory pogo jump. To do this, he simply walks forward and continuously fires at the ground, the blasts keeping him aloft. As device uses energy and not rockets, he doesn't need to reload and can effectively pogo jump forever. He can pogo over sharp rocks, other Rahkshi and up walls. The wall jump is another technique he can do. By performing a normal rocket jump towards a wall, then firing slightly below where he would hit the wall, he can bounce off the walls to reach higher places. If he needed to, he could jump from wall to wall to escape if he got stuck in a deep pit. Chain jumping is a simple technique that is useful for going far places really fast. He can transition from pogo jumping to normal jumping or wall jumping to pogo and use his momentum to keep going. This is a bit more complicated, as it involves incredible timing and precise angles. Jodohnn is a pro, so this is no problem for him. By quickly transitioning from a pogo jump to a normal forwards jump, he can go far and fast and gain more speed the further he jumps. He can skim across water and up ramps if he gains enough speed. If he does a normal chain jump, he does several normal jumps in succession to gain speed and distance. This can require shooting the pulse very early, as he will be moving very fast. 

[More details- When he rocket jumps, he has very good reflexes and can rocket jump away from anything that obstructs his path. The rocket jumper is useless over water, as the pulse will just go down to the bottom. It isn't much help high in the sky, either, because there is nothing to jump off of. Also, he knows that he could seriously hurt others and himself when moving too fast and will always rocket jump off of another if he is about to crash. This is one of the few time he cares about the safety of others. His elasticity makes him think he's a bit tougher than he really is, and although it does give him protection from falling or crashing at high speeds, he can still be injured.

Appearance: Average sized with normal colors, Jodohnn doesn't stand out much. Apart from being built tougher than average and standing more upright, he is a very generic looking Rahkshi. 

Personality: Jodohnn is a daredevil. He lives for thrills and always wants to take the most exciting path through life. He has little regard for his own safety, or that of others, knowing that he can solve most problems by rocket jumping away from them or use his Elasticity powers to weather them out. Slow to anger, this Rahkshi is the "YOLO swag" adrenaline junkie of the school.

Bio: Jodohnn cannot fly. He's known this all his life, but it no longer bothers him. He was created by a Makuta obsessed with gravity and its uses. She was rather reclusive and it was said her entire home was weightless. Perhaps the crazy gravitational fields are what led to his lack of flight, but nonetheless his Makuta saw this as opportunity for a test. She quickly discovered he was one of the new breed after seeing his proficiency with her recently invented rocket jumper. This Makuta was known for her various strange gravity-based weapons and tools. The jumper was built to act as a tool for the many races of the MU who couldn't fly. As Makuta and Rahkshi can normally fly, it was rather convenient that he couldn't fly and needed a substitute. Jodohnn is extremely skilled with his device, capable of using it to perform rocket jumps to traverse any terrain quickly Eventually, his introverted Makuta shipped him off to Corpus Rahkshi upon realizing she wasn't a teacher, and wanted to get back to work on her gravity studies. Jodohnn arrived at Corpus Rahkshi, and for the first time in his life he thought he felt unease. 

Something else I forgot to mention... Jodohnn is obsessed with hats.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

OOC: You can't really move your hand much if you have a hand tightly grabbing it. And Radriarch's hand is pretty large so that limits her wrist range even further.

Except your posts specified that Radriarch had grabbed her wrist, not her actual hand. And you'd be surprised how far someone can force their wrist to move, even when it's caught in someone's else's grip, especially when the wrist and hand in question are entirely mechanical, and therefore not limited by the usual constraints such as pain. 

Plus, if Radriarch's hands are so big, Geuua wouldn't even really have to move her hand all that much in the first place, in order for the blades of the buzzsaw to reach some part of him or another. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: You can't really move your hand much if you have a hand tightly grabbing it. And Radriarch's hand is pretty large so that limits her wrist range even further.

Except your posts specified that Radriarch had grabbed her wrist, not her actual hand. And you'd be surprised how far someone can force their wrist to move, even when it's caught in someone's else's grip, especially when the wrist and hand in question are entirely mechanical, and therefore not limited by the usual constraints such as pain. 

Plus, if Radriarch's hands are so big, Geuua wouldn't even really have to move her hand all that much in the first place, in order for the blades of the buzzsaw to reach some part of him or another. 

Hmm. I meant to specify grabbing the wrist in my OOC comment. I had a more detailed explanation but I accidentally refreshed the page and didn't type the whole explanation. But try it yourself, if somebody is grabbing your wrist really tightly it's pretty hard to move it and your hand. That's why Radriarch grabbed that part in the first place. Also I don't think pain is the limiting factor here. It's pretty much the fact if a really large hand is holding the part that's trying to move. And really tightly holding it preventing it from moving. Also I tried grabbing Arctic's wrist and asked him to try to move it as an experiment and he could barely tilt it either. Even if a mechanical limb was being held firmly in place by a greater force, it wouldn't move. Also I assume the buzzsaw looks like this? Terrible illustration of buzzsaw and Radriarch's arm

Yep, I did my research before writing that post. :P

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze
  • Upvote 1

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

I wouldn't have had Geuua make that move if I didn't think it would accomplish anything, so allow me a moment to explain why I thought Geuua's counter would've been successful. 

Now, since he had both hands directed downwards at the time of Geuua's attack, Radriarch would've had to reach up and catch her wrist from below in order to perform his grab. After getting a friend to help me test this out with a few different oversized gardening gloves and oven mitts to try to emulate Radriach's gorilla fists, I arrived at the conclusion that not only does Geuua have quite an advantage in terms of strength and leverage in this position, but no matter how big your hand is, which hand you use, or how tight you squeeze, that particular hold still allows the victim's wrist a decent degree of motion. 

This is especially the case when one takes into account the fact that both his hand and her wrist are encased in a thickened layer of metal - her heavy plate armour and his cestuses - significantly restricting how much force Radriarch is actually going to be able to exert, and that every part of his hand that's in contact with her is slowly dissolving due to her powers, meaning his grip isn't going to be all that firm in the first place. Furthermore, since the buzzsaw would have roughly the same diameter and orientation as her buckler did, and that Radriarch's arm is going to be much wider and bulkier than mine were in the picture, Geuua wouldn't even have to angle her wrist all that far for the blades of the saw to reach him. 

If I've failed to take something into account here, or screwed up my logic somewhere, feel free to point it out. If not, I'd kindly request you edit your post to something that doesn't involve totally no-selling my counter without adequate justification. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy
  • Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah I believe this misunderstanding has occurred because we believe radriarch is holding hifferent places. Picture of arm: http://i.imgur.com/sODYtEbh.jpg. I assumed holding the wrist meant holding exactly on the wrist area which would mean the center of the hand would be on the wrist (red circle on image) , preventing most motion, while your picture shows the hand holding mostly of the lower arm and holding the wrist near the upper portion of the hand (green circle on picture). Either way, I'll edit the post once I get to a computer.

In human anatomy, the wrist is variously defined as 1) the carpus or carpal bones, the complex of eight bones forming the proximal skeletal segment of the hand; (2) the wrist joint or radiocarpal joint, the joint between the radius[/url] and the carpus; and (3) the anatomical region surrounding the carpus including the distal parts of the bones of the forearm and the proximal parts of the metacarpus or five metacarpal bones and the series of joints between these bones, thus referred to as wrist joints. This region also includes the carpal tunnel, the anatomical snuff box, the flexor retinaculum, and the extensor retinaculum.

I hope this clears things up.

Edited the post. Also quick question. Would A buzz saw be able to get through the limited invulnerability? You guys said blunt force and aiming for the joints worked but I don't know if a saw would be blunt force.

Also Alex have you responded as Percy or did I just miss your post?

Edit: Found the post

Would A buzz saw be able to get through the limited invulnerability? You guys said blunt force and aiming for the joints worked but I don't know if a saw would be blunt force.

Well, at level two LI gives the skin metal-like qualities, and given that certain types of buzzsaws are made for cutting metal, and that metalworking is Geuua's hobby, it's pretty safe to assume that's the type of saw she'd be using.

However, metalworking saws require the thing being cut to be fixed in place, which isn't really the case here, so the saw blade would probably just be skittering around the place generating a whole lot of heat while sparks fly everywhere. 

But it doesn't really matter, because in all honesty, Geuua was mostly relying on the psychological factor of "oh-my-karz-a-jagged-spinny-thing's-moving-towards-my-arm!" in using the saw to try to make Radriarch let go. 

Be like Tahu and FEEL THE POWER!!!

"I've been exploring some different topics lately, but I'm hoping to get my hands on some transuniversal theory."

I can't help but wonder what kinds of ridiculously obscure theoretical texts a rahkshi would have to trawl through in order to stumble across a concept like this one... 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

"I've been exploring some different topics lately, but I'm hoping to get my hands on some transuniversal theory."

I can't help but wonder what kinds of ridiculously obscure theoretical texts a rahkshi would have to trawl through in order to stumble across a concept like this one... 

Granted. But there's more to it than that. Slif has his own motivations for exploring the topic. ;)

I'm sure those who dare to doubt will soon be taught the error of their ways. :evilbiggrin: 

I'm sure those who dare to doubt will soon be taught the error of their ways. :evilbiggrin:

Um... Doubt might...

Is there ever going to be an official announcement of the prefects? Just so the rest of the school knows they were really chosen by Icarax and all that?

Why announce? A watched pot doesn't boil. So don'tet the pot know it's being watched.

I really hope that's an expression.

In all honesty, i think it would be wiser to announce it; then people would actually be afraid as opposed to not caring. Also this really ruins the training with anyone else because people will get worried if they scratch them they'll shout "FOUL" and have them beheaded.

Keep in mind, however, these Rahks are not just a bunch of pansies. We have a brutal murderer, two brutes, a Rahkshi with unfailing loyalty to the Makuta, and a sadistic, cruel being. Plus, the lowest level is still a level higher than most. I'm positive none of them would be cowardly enough to simply have a Rahk executed merely because they were losing. No, the majority of the Rahks would fear the prefects themselves, not their authority.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

This is meant as a hindrance. It's literally coming alongside his mouth, which means he's gonna ave a hard time talking properly. The most he could ever do is try to drool directly on his opponents.

Loss of limbs was also intended as a hindrance. Can't help but notice it hasn't hindered Vaalku all that much.

Sorry Ghidora, fact of the matter is I don't trust you with that drooling thing. Fountain remains not approved

Quick question. Seeing that shredder claws are able to slice almost everything, what is its affects on limited invulnerabilty rahksh

About the same as a very sharp sword, which is to say probably not much

Yeah I'm gonna try to make another character.

Name: Jodohnn

Variation: Limited Invulnerability

Level: 2

Gear: Jodohnn has a small metal spade and a rocket jumper. The rocket jumper is a device that enables him to perform highly skilled rocket jumps in order to quickly move about an area. It looks like a rocket launcher with orange and white stripes painted onto it. It fires a burst of gravitational energy that detonates on contact with a solid surface, blasting the user away from it at high speed. It basically works like the rocket jumper from Team Fortress 2. Like the rocket jumper from TF2, this one is not a weapon and the blasts it fires are harmless. Jodohnn wears a belt with two pouches in the back. They both contain parts of refined metal.

Appearance: Average sized with normal colors, Jodohnn doesn't stand out much. Apart from being built tougher than average and standing more upright, he is a very generic looking Rahkshi. 

Personality: Jodohnn is a daredevil. He lives for thrills and always wants to take the most exciting path through life. He has little regard for his own safety, or that of others, knowing that he can solve most problems by rocket jumping away from them or use his Limited Invulnerability powers to weather them out. Slow to anger, this Rahkshi is the "YOLO swag" adrenaline junkie of the school.

Bio: Jodohnn cannot fly. He's known this all his life, but it no longer bothers him. He was created by a Makuta obsessed with gravity and its uses. She was rather reclusive and it was said her entire home was weightless. Perhaps the crazy gravitational fields are what led to his lack of flight, but nonetheless his Makuta saw this as opportunity for a test. She quickly discovered he was one of the new breed after seeing his proficiency with her recently invented rocket jumper. As Makuta and Rahkshi can normally fly, it was rather convenient that he couldn't fly and needed a substitute. Jodohnn is extremely skilled with his device, capable of using it to perform rocket jumps to traverse any terrain quickly. (He's got skill at the same level of the good TF2 youtubers in case you need reference to what he can do.) Eventually, his introverted Makuta shipped him off to Corpus Rahkshi upon realizing she wasn't a teacher, and wanted to get back to work on her gravity studies. Jodohnn arrived at Corpus Rahkshi, and for the first time in his life he thought he felt unease. 

Something else I forgot to mention... Jodohnn is obsessed with hats.

Can you describe the jumper and the jumping without resorting to referencing real world things? Its partly personal preference and partly that saying "oh just go to youtube" seems a way of getting out of thinking to describe your character

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Rocket jumping is a technique found in several video games, and is an integral part of TF2. Naturally, people made all sorts of crazy tricks and moves to do while rocket jumping. However, shooting a rocket at your feet to send yourself soaring is not easy and hurts a lot. Hence, the rocket jumper was born. This rocket launcher does absolutely no damage to anyone, but still blasts the user into the air like it the normal launcher does. I thought to myself, hey it would be cool to have a rocket-jumping Rahkshi in Corpus Rahkshi. He'd have to use the rocket jumper though, because an actual rocket launcher is very dangerous and you can't actually rocket jump with it. I Bionicle-ifed it a bit, but I suppose more details couldn't hurt.

By pointing his rocket jumper at his feet and firing the gravitational blast at the right time and angle, Jodohnn can perform lots of high level tricks to maneuver through open spaces quickly and easily. Closed hallways and small rooms are not easy to rocket jump in, although he is able to blast at the walls in a zig-zag formation to propel himself somewhat faster, at the risk of crashing into the ceiling or floor. (That's why he has LI) In open spaces like outdoors, he has a lot more power. A single jump can only blast you up so high, so he can blast off of walls to keep his momentum going, redirect himself, or travel further. Also, he can "pogo" off of the ground to avoid crash-landing and also keep his speed up. By angling himself a certain way, he can skim the ground and use his momentum to blast off of ramps. Even if a distance is too big too cross with a single jump, he can use combination jumps to blast off of any piece of solid ground or wall. The ocean is certainly his biggest weakness because there is little space to rocket jump on and he sinks like a rock. Some indoor areas, like the gym, would be very useful in practicing his unique skill. Jodohnn would literally bounce off of the walls, and possibly ceiling, to land in a certain place or way. 

I hope this describes his tool better.

Oh- I don't have a way of explaining it, but his rocket jumper can't hurt anything, and only blasts away the person who pulls the trigger. 

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015