Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Lufon Vance - Ihu Highway.

"Agreed," I went to an open channel. "This is Vance. Requesting permission to halt the convoy, over." 

Stopping the convoy was risky, but I had a feeling we were sitting ducks either way. 

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Inn)

I tapped my EDD. "I'm a De-Matoran, being quiet is a skill of mine."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Just waiting for Sil, now. 

IC: Oblitus -- Vingt (Inn).

"So, are you interested, or not?" I asked the merc. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kain - Treize (Prison)

"Thirty-five percent, huh? Eh, I've had worse jobs," the Ta-Matoran said as he leaned against the wall. "Throw in a few bottles of whiskey and a couple cartons of smokes on top of that, and I'm sold."

He waited for the Vortixx to leave, lowering his voice before continuing.

"You do know that the "one artifact per person" rule only really applies to what we decide to report we discovered, right?"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Cell). 

I looked down at the Ta-Matoran; he'd spoken what I was already thinking. "I'm starting to think we might be able to get along after all..." 

"My lips are sealed if yours are," Kain replied to his cellmate. "In my experience, loyalty only buys you one thing; an early grave. The only real people you can trust are the ones that everyone else deems untrustworthy."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I slouched back beside Zekev, prodding his shoulder to check that he was still alive and hadn't killed himself out of frustration or boredom. "I don't trust you, nor do I expect you to trust me." I told the Matoran, "But, to put your mind at ease, I'll point out that I've got nothing to gain from telling them anything." 

Sonia... that smug face of hers, the self-assured smile... If I ever got the chance, I would happily kill her where she stood. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"Fine by me. Feeling's mutual."

Kain looked up at the ceiling.

"Now," he said, mostly to himself. "What to do with the other fifty-nine minutes...?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Cor saeva - Treize (Cell).

"Let's play the who-can-stay-quiet-the-longest game?" I suggested through gritted teeth, "Zekev's winning so far." 

• Upvote 2

IC: Zekev - Treize Cell #227

I started snoring. Loudly. Really loudly. Cor elbowed me but I dodged it.

I opened one eye.

"What? I have a condition.

OOC: What role is Mokeron's in the Vengeful Inferno.

IC: Vaxel - Old Relentless

In the back if the venerable old tank, a Matoran in blue and white silently operated the radio and took notes on a tablet.

IC: Cor Seava - Treize (Cell #227)

"Just checking that you're still alive," I said with a shrug.

OOC: Mokoran is the navigator. He also shares control of the front-mounted fixed heavy disk launcher. 

IC: Mokeron

Mokeron frowned as he looked over the map affixed in front of him. They were too near to Vingt to be attacked.

Something was up.

IC: Zekev

"Nah, I'm good. Wait, did you just show me concern? What did they do to you?

"That was a joke. Thanks."

Edited by Tenth Norik
  • Upvote 1

IC: Cor Seava - Treize (Cell #227).

"You're welcome," I grumbled, "next time I won't bother." 

I sat there awkwardly next to him, shuffling uncomfortably on the bench. "So.... what do we do while we wait?" 

IC: Horic

Horic took his leave of Golu and went out to find the others. He had barely taken ten steps when he found Wekan outside. The Navigator was buying some fruit.

"Good to see you, Wekan. Golu needs us to assemble for something important."

IC: Zekev

"Sleep. I have a feeling we'll need it."

Edited by Tenth Norik

GM

Sonia was no fool, their cell was under surveillance. She could her their plotting and scheming, their greed and base nature. It made no difference to her. The fact that these prisoners sounded exactly like the politicians of Treize was enough to make her burst out laughing. It was almost ridiculous how everyone thought of this as some child's treasure game!

Of course, they didn't know what she knew, hadn't spoken with whom she had spoken with and hadn't seen what she had seen. So, how could they know?

Still, their naivete was worth a cheap laugh. Her watch read thirty minutes as having passed, she would return soon and get them signed up and shipped off to Logan.

Ertrunken's southern coast was the lowest and warmest area of Nomansland, this meant the region was host to violent weather. Tropic storms and cyclones raged through the area on bi-yearly cycles, like destructive pendulums in some great piece of clockwork. But, the weather was not what made the region so infamously hostile. The toxic waters were the reason for it's reputation, tens of thousands of years of runoff and pollution from the old world had already turned the reefs toxic long ago, the calamity that destroyed Ertrunken merely worsened matters. Rain carried black, poisoned ash down river and to the sea. The water of the reefs and small bays was dyed deep and dark blue and were especially heavy and saturated. Many things were buoyant in the thick waters, even some metals.

Even then, the waters were not entirely lifeless.

Small ripples broke the water, followed by waves and frothing mounds of foam. The submarine object gained clarity as it approached the surface, culminating in a great snout breaking the air, taking a huge breath before diving. It moved, serpent-like through the toxic waters. Making it's way towards the coast of a small island.

On the island stood a castle, it was given the codename "Burial" by the people of the east. It's walls and towers were old and crumbling, it had been old when what was now ancient had been newly born. Tucked away in isolation, the old inhabitants of Ertrunken had wisely given it a wide berth. Sailors and merchants had believed passing by was bad luck, that it was a haunted ruin and beasts prowled the waters around it.

Stay away they would say.

Of course, all of the tall tales had been spun by not-so-tall tellers long since dead. Now, people would see the castle as little more than an ugly ruin jutting from an uglier island. Turgid and unimpressive compared to Ertrunken or Motara's great buildings, reaching out and up as they did and threatening the skies.

The beast crawled from the waters on the rocky shore, body emerging from the water at a lazy pace. Great snout came first, teeth as large and sharp as scimitars filled it's maw, glinting in the sun as it yawned. It's body was long and thickly muscled, a single leg would dwarf standard Exo-suits, it's body and tail were as long as two heavy armor parked end to end. Scales as hard as steel and bristles like shards of glass covered it. The beast shook the water from itself, ponderously working it's way up the shore to it's preferred nesting area, a small stand of bushes smashed flat. Lined with chunks of bones and weapons and padded by all manners of arranged fluff and debris. It curled up to sleep, eyes closed and heart slowing.

A large sound came from the water, prompting the beast to open one great eye. It observed the bay and saw it's two brothers. One sinking back into the water after a failed pounce of some sort.

Still hunting.

It was official.

The shipwreck was most definitely strange. Stranger than any Grunbeld had seen. Crew cabins, abovedeck. All had been clear until they reached the hold. Inside they had found... Well, it reminded him of the traveling circuses books sometimes referred to. Great cages sat empty, presumably they had housed great animals as fur, droppings and other such evidence could be found. It's captain had finally been found in, you guessed it, the captain's room. What remained of him was rather gruesome, stuck in a locker not half as big as the average skakdi. His body has shrunken, folded up and dried out. Despite being rotten out and hollow, his eyes held the distinct look of madness.

No other crew had been found, every small space and cubbyhole had been searched, turning up little and less.

Cause of the wreck was officially listed as "pilot(s) incapacitated"

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Hmm, where to find Grunbeld...Golutaka considered to himself. Well, the big Skakdi was fond of getting into the middle of things rather than being stuck behind a desk, so possibly best to start somewhere like the impound yard. Fitting into the trademaster's jurisdiction and could generally be relied upon to have an argument going on between the Neuf bureaucrats and whoever had just had their goods locked away which Grunbeld could be relied on to wade into, especially if it turned into a brawl. Alright, impound yard it was

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Derkahn (Near Neuf)

Gamma decides to come with us and Ikira asks us to buy some oil. I nod to her in response and climb outside, where I see one of the Exo-suits parked nearby. Its pilot, a Ta-Matoran, is greeting the Commander while Gamma and I get down on the ground. Apparently his name is Kaleva. I notice that he has a sword, and by that I mean a proper sword, not a butter knife. They're not very common these days, what with everyone using guns, so it's interesting to see that he has one. I think of my pistol, but then remember that I don't have it anymore; all of my military equipmet was taken away when I got kicked out of the army. I need to get a new one sooner or later.

My attention (naturally) shifts to the Exo-suit. It's lightly built, has the same colour scheme as its pilot and has an elemental gun and a shield attached to the left arm. I also notice some device in the right arm and thrusters in its legs. I wouldn't be surprised if this Kaleva prefers hit-and-run tactics, judging by the design of the Armor. If he joins us, I think that he will be an efficient scout and flanker. Even better if he's familiar with Nomansland. I think Commander should let this guy tag along with us. Unless he's an .

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Wekan - Neuf

"Is that so?" I said, turning to the familiar matoran. It was Horic, a Fe-Matoran. He was the Onslaught's loader. Considering all the rumours that had been floating around about Nomansland, if Golu wanted us to gather for something important, it probably had something to do with that. Well, it was about time. "Let's not keep him waiting then." I told the Fe-Matoran, as I finished putting away my purchases.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Arktinen (Jatikko/Near Neuf)

As Gamma, Zeleran and Derkahn leave, I casually load one of our last few shells into the coilgun, and, getting into my gunner's seat, turn the turret round and angle the coilgun so as to send a shell flying at high speed towards the newest exosuit that's joined us. When Ikira looks at me funnily, with a smile, I say "Just in case."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Ikira - Jatikko

Ikira shook her head and rolled her eyes. "You truly are a fool sometimes. Not only would that anger the idiot who owns the suit, but it would anger Neuf as well. Terminating the suits - preferably with their pilots in them - is something we will have to do at some point if we wish to keep anything that we find in Nomansland. That said... betraying them is also better done in Nomansland, where there are no laws or watchful eyes to catch us."

With a shrug, she sat back, adjusting her mechanical arms before speaking again. "Don't end this expedition before it has even begun, or I shall be forced to end you. Or, to be more specific, end the Jatikko - tearing a heavy armor apart would be far more fun."

"Considering how useless Zeleran has been with negotiations as of late, having a new leader might not be a bad idea regardless," Ikira replied, rotating one of the gears in her mechanical arm slowly to inspect for rust. "If such a new leader were to be chosen, at least the rest of us are also not quite so... physically imposing. But I believe that it might be prudent, perhaps, to simply claim the exo-suit for ourselves, rather than destroy it."

A small grin appeared on Ikira's face - something that was very rare. "The fool did leave his exo-suit unattended...."

IC: Sora - Jatikko

At the mention of "Lord Zel", a chuckle came from the direction of the radio.

It couldn't have been Sora though. Sora never smiled, much less laughed.

Right?

... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

... ... No?

... ... ... In that case, whoa.

Anyways.

Ark and Ikira's discussion of a possible coup and what do do with the exosuit didn't concern her. As such, she just sat by herself, whistling some annoying song as she inspected her weapons.

IC: Arktinen (Jatikko/Near Neuf)

"If we were forced to choose a new leader, it would have to be meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of course," I say light-heartedly. "I can't say I think it'd be a good idea to steal that exo though... And what's this, Sora laughing? Wow. The world must be coming to an end."

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

"Let's just imagine for a moment, hypothetically, that I do steal the exo-suit," Ikira said thoughtfully, "and immediately head out to Nomansland to wait for the rest of you. What happens? Do you turn that poor Ta-Matoran away and simply meet up with me, or would I have to kill him?"

GM

Silat's personal armor was near the back of the convoy, he was a strong believer in the military doctrine, "stay the karz off the front lines." Typically commanding operations in the field from his heavy armor Takemikazuchi. It was quite the feat of engineering, the main chassis was that of a standard Vingt heavy armor, equipped with a heavy coilgun, disc launcher, coaxial elemental cannon and Rau. On it's top, behind the coilgun's enclosure was a Fikou model armor, curled up and tucked into the lower tank's chassis. Inside, Silat enjoyed the added protection of a Crast that provided rebounding shields. The fikou could disengage to provide additional firepower or escape.

The lower crew picked up on Vance's message, relaying it to Silat.

He considered for a moment, the vortixx was an old hand, but had seen his share of ghosts over the years. Silat found him overly cautious at times, flipping on his radio he replied.

"For what reason do we need to stop this convoy?"

...but close to it

"Derkahn would be able to," Ikira noted. "Perhaps I shall."

She turned towards Sora, who had, for the most part, remained silent through the exchange. "Sora - opinion. Shall I make an acquisition for the crew and make life a little more exciting, or will we be sitting here bored until the others return?"

IC: Kaleva - Neuf

I nodded to the tall being. "Sure thing."

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

"In case you missed it, we just got ambushed by enemy Fikou, sir," I barked into the radio, "and now they've vanished. We're sitting ducks out here. We need to regroup, find a defensible position, and come up with a plan." 

GM

Down the hallway, Cor Saeva, Zekev and Kain could hear the cell block's door open, followed by footsteps. Heralding Sonia's return.

"Have you decided?

Silat's voice crackled over the convoy's main channel.

"All vehicles, halt! Assume defensive positions and watch your flanks!"

A message for Legion and The Vengeful Inferno came through on their sets only. "Convoy is halted. Vance, take the merc with you to do a quick recon sweep. Get back to me with a sitrep as quickly as possible. Time is money."

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

"Thank you, sir." I said gratefully, before patching through to Legion. "You're more mobile; take point again, we'll bring up the rear." 

I was really starting to hate Sonia's smug face. "Fine. We'll help you."