Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Kaleva - Neuf Plains

Well, this wasn't going terribly well so far. The armour wasn't stopping. Still, I don't want to lose this opportunity if I don't have to, so I started following the other exo-suit, keeping pace with the tank.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC Carth/Neuf plains

The radio crackled to life, and a faintly staticked, "Hello?" Came through.

I about giggled with joy, this was just so exciting!

I quickly grabbed the headset, and put the mic in front of me.

"Hello, there!" I said cheerfully.

"Heard you folks are freelancers, mind if I tag along?"

IC: Kaleva - Neuf Plains

Ugh, is anything even happening anymore? At this rate, might as well go bac-- my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of voices up ahead. The guy in front must've gotten through!

Brimming with excitement, I channeled by elemental power into Jäger's thrusters, giving my exo a burst of speed. When I stopped, I was walking right beside the other suit now.

"Hey!" I shouted to the other exo's driver, "If you're talking to that armour, could you tell them that I want in too if they're headed for Nomansland?"

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC Zelcram:

Zelcram waited in the VIngt barracks. Few people were near him, mostly because he was assuming his best insanity persona and nobody really wanted to be near.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Derkahn (In Neuf territory)

The commander and Arktinen returned, and it seems like we're good to go. Neufers are cowards, so I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, their reaction to an unidentified Exo-suit appearing was hilarious, they reacted like it was a full-scale ambush. Ha! True soldiers come from Seize.. and arrogant officers as well, unfortunately. Anyways, time to move on: I start up the engine once more and the steel beast begins to move.

After a while, two Exo-suits approach us, and our 'illustrious' leader orders Sora to establish contact with them. They don't seem to be part of Neuf military, thankfully. A question then arises in my mind, and I decide to release it. "Commander, should I stop or at least slow down? They seem to be following us"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Zeleran/Near Neuf)

"Just what we were looking for." Zeleran replied to Sora, absent-mindedly speaking for the rest of the crew. "If their exo-suit is well...er suited to scouting, they should be fine. First however, investigate their allegiances in relation to the States."

Despite the fact that Carth could probably hear him anyway, the Commander insisted on the message being relayed through Sora first.

Turning to the one he thought of as "Driver" or "Mechanic", he replied: "No, keep moving. If they cannot keep up, they are obviously not fit for the role."

Finally, Zeleran heard Kavela's voice filtering scratchily through the old speaker.

"Hmmm." the Steltian said in what he hoped was a dramatic voice. "It seems the other one is headed the same way as us," he continued, in case the other crew members lacked ears.

"Convenient"

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC Carth/ Neuf

That was a weird question, but I thought little of it.

"Born and raised right here in Neuf! Been to seize maybe once or twice, but I've been to Nomans tons of times!"

That reminded me.

"If you folks are headed out that way, I know most of the area around here!"

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize.

"Run?" I said in disbelief. "Run where?" I didn't particularly feel like getting shot in the back today.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

Haraki's sword entered the Vortixx's neck, her momentum carrying it out through the other side. Undeterred, the Vortixx leaned forward, sending the Ko-Matoran tumbling to the ground. The sword was still protruding gruesomely from it's neck as it grabbed Haraki. One clawed hand on her throat, the other around her leg. If the girl struggled it would rip her in half. The zombie carried her over to Stiehl, the skakdi wore an amused expression.

"Are you ready to negotiate?"

The guards still held Zekev and Cor Saeva at gunpoint, the surly fe-matoran gestured at the ground. "Drop yer weapons and we won't be hurtin' you!"

"I wouldn't give out a contact's name so easily, Oblitus. A messenger is already en route to him. If he chooses to accept the offer, he'll find and talk to you. Personally, whether or not he shares his name is up to him. These kind of people have to maintain a high degree of secrecy involving their practice."

He led the De-Matoran back into the shop proper, their private discussion was over. "If you need lodgings, the inn next door is nice and quiet. You won't be harassed by guards or curious travelers. It's patrons are typically your sort of people."

In Blackrock's auditorium, Commander Silat and his second in command Ubik took the stage. Silat brought to mind a scavenging predator. The kind of man that had no qualms taking advantage of the dead or dying, he was too weak to strike at someone directly and he knew it. Preferring to eliminate his targets through more nefarious means. Ubik was stout, rotund and mean looking. Aside from being one of Silat's brutes, promoted after his coup, little was known about the Commandant. He kept to himself, leaving the day to day running of Blackrock to a cadre of secretaries and lower ranked officers.

A microphone had been placed at the front of the platform, powered by a de-matoran with an EDD backstage. It carried Silat's voice through the large room.

"As you all may know. A map detailing objects of great power in the west has surfaced. It took time, but our scholars and scientists have confirmed it's legitimacy. It features seven landmarks spread throughout Nomansland, along with brief descriptions of said landmarks."

Behind him, two matoran rushed to the opposite ends of the stage, tugging on ropes to unfurl a great tapestry. It was the treasure map in it's entirety.

LPqd8FQ.jpg

The audience began to murmur, speaking in low tones as conversation spread. The west was practically full of treasures! Most of them had never been there and assumed it was little more than a flat desert, occasional ruins sprouting from the shifting sands.

"Some details about these landmarks were also translated, the official notes are as follows." Silat brought out a thick binder, it's size contrasted with the very brief descriptions he was about to give. Those close enough to see the notes might recognize that some things were not discussed.

"Ascension is a military research facility from the old times. It is built under the Ihu Mountains and extends very deep. It's far end might reach as far as Treize territory. Burial is described as an anti-army weapon, held in an old castle built on the toxic reefs to the south of Ertrunken. Information regarding Circadian's nature is classified. It's location is a clocktower in the northern Motara region. Dragon is under Ertrunken, within it's large subway network. It is held in a military barrack of some sort. We believe it to be a cache of weapons or armor. Equalizer is on the far west coast, further info was untranslatable. Gate is in the direct center of Motara's ancient city. Further information is classified. Pharos is a ruin, it was apparently very old, even to the pre-great war scholars. It is on the peninsula marked as "Inselstein." Prior to the discovery of this map, this location was a complete unknown. Very little is known, even now."

Another smaller map was unfurled, it overlaid roads and routes over the previous one.

"We have already constructed a safe highway through the center of the Ihu Mountain range. Teams A, B and C will travel together towards the west end of the Ihu range. At which point A will break off to investigate Ascension. B will be traveling to Ertrunken to investigate first Dragon and than Burial. C will travel to the north to investigate the others. They will regroup in central Motara to tackle the remaining two areas."

He surveyed the crowd, they were still listening with rapt attention. The level of planning seemed quite high, what could get in their way?"

"Your team assignments will be distributed after this briefing. Know this, any leaks will be treated as high treason and carry a punishment of death for both you and any found as co-conspirators. Does anyone have further questions?"

In Neuf, a rain slicked matoran pushed open the door to an inn, he was as nondescript as the building. He ordered a drink, conversed with the regulars and disappeared as quickly as he had appeared. This happened in several such taverns and inns. Entry, brief conversations and exit. Whispers about what he carried spread quickly. A completed treasure map.

...but close to it

IC: Ikira - Jatikko

Her eyes narrowed as Carth explained his Neuf origins. Judging by his attitude thus far, he had never even attempted to give their typical lifestyle a try or even appreciated the lessons and experiences gained from it. She would have to... 'interrogate' him later.

IC Haraki:

Well, darn. 

It was a long shot, and it had a pretty good chance of getting her killed, but... it was worth a shot. That sword was positioned in such a way that a good push would send it swinging out of her assailant's neck and into the Skakdi's cranium. It would be really messy, but it'd be really, really fun just to see the look on his smug face as the life faded from his body. She thanked the gods that the Vortixx had chosen not to grab her arms, though if the Vortixx let go, Haraki would probably fall on her behind, if she wasn't prepared to shift her weight.

Of course, there was the chance she'd miss the Skakdi. At least she'd be able to escape.

Of course, she might fail, and that'd end up with her being... she hoped she wouldn't fail.

Here goes. Three... two...

"One."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks Auditorium).

"Do we have any indication of what kind of potential threats we may be facing during this mission?" I asked gruffly. "I don't like fighting blind." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Inn).

"Thank you," I said gratefully, getting to my feet. I left the armour and books on the table for him to keep; I had no use for them. Leaving the shop, I ventured into the inn and booked myself an upstairs room, before settling in to wait for my unknown contact. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat/ Auditorium

I nodded as Lufon asked the first question I'd had, then spoke up after he did, "Any special gear we should plan on bringing for terrain? And are any of the facilities accessible by Exos?"

A few other Exo pilots murmured in agreement. We were a special bunch. Our machines were our companions as much as our weapons.

Separating an Exo and her pilot brought them both down, even if only a little.

I was a rare exception. Much as I didn't like being out of Legion, I was more than capable of fighting outside the old girl.

But I'd prefer not to if I could help it.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt - Ingrayv's Dwelling)

"Irene, goodnight..."

I lean back in my wooden rocker outside my home, flicking an eye over to The Rosteimer. Still there. Still ugly. Still mine.

"Irene, goodnight..."

The words fall flatly from my lips. No tune. No melody.

"Goodnight, Irene..."

Ugly.

"Goodnight, Irene..."

Like me.

"I'll see you in my dreeeeaaaams."

I croak out the last word and then stop abruptly. I lift a cigarette to my lips, snap my fingers to create a flame, and light it. I inhale. Tastes bad, feels bad. But it's a part of me. Always has been, always will be.

I exhale--maybe "sigh" is a better word--and let my eyes drift casually, unconcernedly across the street. Most of the nearby homes are better kept than mine, but I don't mind. Appearance means nothing to me. Most people mean nothing to me. Especially on the job.

Job. Haven't had one in the past week. But I've got a feeling. Something's coming my way. I just have to wait for it.

"Sometimes I live in the country..."

• Upvote 2

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

OOC: I thought that Zekev hit the Matoran in the bar with his shield...

IC: Kain - Treize (Gate)

The Ta-Matoran suddenly slapped himself upside the head, realising that there was no use in waiting over by the gate if he didn't know what armor the pair were riding in first. He headed off towards the public tank hanger, since he doubted that they started producing Exo-Suits for Skakdi and Vortixx, mumbling curses along the way.

He must have been drunker than he thought.

Kain kept moving, stifiling a laugh as he soon located the pair and the guards surrounding them in the streets and on the rooftops above.

This was starting to get interesting...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Golutaka, currently off-duty from the Onslaught, was frequenting one of his favoured taverns. He liked it because the thick wood walls kept the noise of outside from getting in without echoing too much, he liked it because they served thick chowder in crusty bread trenchers, he liked it because the drink they served filled him with a tangy glow, and he liked it because you could generally rely on no spontaneous fights breaking out. And tonight he happened to like it a little bit more. Because tonight there happened to be some rumours going round. So Golutaka sat there, with his drink and his soup and taking measured sips of each, listening in to everything he could...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Inn).

"Oh, so that's what it does..." I stumbled into a wall, dazed by suddenly being transported from one side of the room to the other. It would take a bit of practice to get used to this teleportation thingy, it seemed. But the handgun; that had been easy to figure out. 

Now I just had to wait for Vert's mysterious contact to show up...

"They're going to shoot us if we don't cooperate," I hissed at Zekev, "I, for one, would like to not get killed today..." I unbuckled by weapons harness, dropping my blunderbusses, machete and Volot-Lutu launcher onto the ground. "Shoot him, not me!" I called to the guards. 

"Please shoot him," I nodded towards Zekev. 

IC: Zekev

Now was the chance!

I launched impact vision at the nearest two guards (directly at their most, ahem, sensitive parts) before ripping my gun out and shooting a third one.

I didn't care if they got hit or not. Three down-

"Run run!" I held up my shield to block any incoming arrows and shoved Cor towards the garage. I hoped she picked up her weapons.[/color]