BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Virse – Arena

She froze as a terrifying screech echoed through the arena. Was that...

She reeled and threw up a burst of sand in a panic as the molten protodermis poured down on her. Then... something interesting happened. Instead of searing liquid melting her instantly, it splashed around her. Searing her armor, of course, but it was better than being dead. She hesitantly looked up to find her sand had turned to a heat-resistant glass shield. She grinned as she turned to search for her attacker.

There, the tall one with the gun pointed right above her. With few options at such a range, she sent a concentrated sandstorm spiraling towards him (Sudrec).

IC: Thaera – Arena

Fortunately, Io was more astute than he was. A frantic hum rang through the air, begging him to get moving. They had captured invisible Rahi before. They were always the most dangerous. Thaera threw himself over just as he heard a crack, and a bullet whizzed past. He only caught a glimpse of his assailant running off, but he quickly gave chase, loosing Io from its container. The Avohkah leapt out and streaked off in the same direction, fast as lightning was wont to travel.

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

She nearly scoffed at that. There were plenty she could name off the top of her head, and perhaps this shield gave her just enough comfort to do so. "Well, a good one to start off with is humility. I've learned the hard way that I'm not some great deity, but you never got that chance, your Royal Brakas. You probably had everyone kissing your feet back home before you dragged us all here." She paused for a breath.

IC: Arkrax - Arena

Arkrax slowly landed within the control booth, apparently unspotted as of yet. Before he could observe the controls, he caught sight of a rather inconspicuous Matoran (Oinez) trying to hide within.

He gently reached out a hand. "Are you ~ afraid?"

IC: Mistress - Arena

The mongrel was approaching her again. Mistress whirled to bring her pistol to bear. She nearly snarled right back. "What do you want? Go find your master, mutt."

Edited by Click

IC Kat: I shrugged, as I took twwo steps to the left. 

"You look the part of someone who would look down on people like me. Old habits, I suppose."

My eyes narrowed, the light of the furnaces glowing warmly off of my armor.

"Only connection I've got with this guy is that we met a little while ago in the Training sector."

My necklace clinked as I took a single step forward.

"What I really don't like, though, is that you think I'm the sort of gal to just kill anyone who's weaker than me. Cause lemme tell ya, if that were the case, the world would be a lot emptier."

IC: Snarl - Arena.

He whimpered sadly, taking another step closer in order to firmly put Dajik in range of his calming aura. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Dayeth - Arena. 

"You make a lot of assumptions, Rahkshi," Dayeth said tiredly, "but here is a fact: this arena is a place of us to slaughter each other for someone else's amusement. Sooner or later, we're probably all going to die. It's up to you to decide which of us, and when." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Ezezko - Labyrinth

You sighed, looks like he buggered off. The way ahead seemed clear enough. 「What do you make of all that?\」

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

I shrug. "He told us nothing that we don't

already know. It doesn't take a scientist

to see that we are only here because

the Queen does what she will. I don't believe

I have your trust, and neither have you mine.

Our team exists because we're likely to

succeed, and nothing else. Now, on we go."

GM IC: ALBRECHT + EZEZKO

As the two fighters continued on, they would find a Rahkshi with dull gray armor blocking their path; the Rahkshi was seated, hovering in mid-air, and did not appear to notice their arrival. If anything, the Rahkshi looked like it was meditating.

We pause before a sight I've never seen

before: a Rahkshi seated in the air.

Its eyes are blank, its posture calm. I frown;

I grip my love and my defense and, soft

as any breeze, I reach to touch its mind.

Edited by Eyru
  • Upvote 1

IC: Xara - Arena. 

Seeing the fireball splashing across the catwalk, I took to the air - Man, I've missed flying! - and flew over the dragon (A.D), sending twin lances of crackling lightning dancing towards its torso. 

IC(A.D.): A.D. cursed as the Rahkshi unexpectedly took flight. He already was prepared for the electricity, though, and made a leap to another catwalk, scrambling up as the lances hit solid metal below. Thank goodness for metal catwalks. He risked blasting a stream of fire over the catwalk at the Rahkshi, already expecting that it would do no good. His wings unfurled... 

She nearly scoffed at that. There were plenty she could name off the top of her head, and perhaps this shield gave her just enough comfort to do so. "Well, a good one to start off with is humility. I've learned the hard way that I'm not some great deity, but you never got that chance, your Royal Brakas. You probably had everyone kissing your feet back home before you dragged us all here." She paused for a breath.

GM IC: THE QUEEN + KOPEN

Humility? The venom spewing forth from the Queen's mind was thick like sludge over the telepathic connection. You have no idea what I have been through! My entire species is DEAD! I am - 

She broke off suddenly as realization hit her. The Queen turned away, shaking her head.

Humility made too much sense - this maze was designed to challenge them, maybe even break them. Whoever it was that had labelled them as trespassers, they were a powerful psionics user - and it made sense that they would try to break her, as the most powerful psionics user of the quest. The Queen frowned.

I am clearly above all fighters, she said, the telepathic words sounding quiet within Kopen's head, as if whispered. It is the nature of my position, as an organizer of the tournament. I have spent so many years building my powers that I begin to lose count. I have beings such as the Enforcer at my command, obeying my every whim. I can reach out and snap the threads holding your mind together without a second thought. I know all of this. It is fact. If this means I do not have humility... and this is what keeps me from continuing on... how do I learn it? How do I learn humility? I cannot make myself forget a lifetime of experience. 

The Queen sighed, sounding frustrated and confused.

GM IC: ALBRECHT + EZEZKO

Albrecht was unimpeded as he reached out to the Rahkshi; rather than any sort of defense, there merely seemed to be... empty space. All that could be sensed was a sort of warm, welcoming feeling, as thought the Rahkshi was happy to see them.

I dropped out of the air, landing on the catwalk as the fireball soared by overhead. I saw the dragon (A.D) unfurling its wings and hurled a jagged bolt of electricity right at its chest. The beats was fast, but not fast enough....

Edited by Locus

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: The Puppetmaster - Arena.

"And who, or what, are you?" the voice came to Kalatin now, the Puppetmaster having sensed the presence of another physic. This one's mind was strange, though, different to anything he'd encountered before. 

IC(Kalatin): Someone who doesn't appreciate manipulation much. Kalatin thought back. Or Great Beings, for that matter. Combining them together is what my enemies used to do. I don't appreciate either following me here. 

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

He'd had a great nap, but he was back in the arena. It was hot here. Daedalus wanted to avoid fighting again, so he started going down. He climbed down something--nearly fell off, too--and then jumped to a lower walkway. He didn't immediately see anyone this low down, at least not near him, so he kept his eyes up and around.

Now, you know those times when you are totally not expecting to touch something and you do? It can be a harsh touch or a soft one, but either way, your reaction is the same. You jerk and/or jump and/or shout something unintelligible. Well, that's what happened to Daedalus.

His body jerked violently upon contact with something that he couldn't see and he jumped, spun, and shouted, pouring roaring sonic power into the utterance. The trained ear might even here the strange, nonsensical words laced in: "FOOSEROEDAH!"

IC: Von Worten (Queen's Quest)

I stared at Nocton for several long moments, confused. I did not doubt that this golden being was controlling Nocton, so my confusion had nothing to do with that. I should note, at this point, that I probably should have feared greatly for my life at that particular moment, but my mind was heavily occupied by the question.

How does one answer such a question? I could say something about how boring it would be for him to kill me in such a way--play off his (possibly existent) pride--but he would no doubt expect such a response, and to be honest, I'm not convinced that it is as likely to work in real life as it is in the many tales I have read. I could also try to say something funny or condescending, but I doubted this being had anything akin to a sense of humor, and I was certainly in no position to condescend.

I looked back at the golden being (was his name really Teelah? I'm... not sure where I got that name) through the thinning trees.

Because there would be no reason for you to show yourself here and force my companion to do kill me. To be honest, I'm not really even sure why you have deigned to speak to me. Or bothered. You appear to be quite powerful. Engaging in such petty methods of killing those lesser than you is both ridiculous and unbecoming. There's no reason for you to make a show of power--you have already done an apt job of that.

So if we are going to chat, let me ask you a question: Why engage in such unnecessary acts as using another to kill me when you could easily do it yourself? Is it because you can't kill me yourself, or are you really that petty and pathetic that you must try to impress me in my last few moments by showing you don't have to stoop so low as to kill me yourself.

Now, I fell it beneficial to you readers to inform you that my tone was not derisive or condescending. My mental tone was sincere and truly curious, I was simply incapable of showing tact in the situation.

OOC: Daedalus attacking Skorm, Von Worten speaking bravely (or utterly stupidly) to the gold being.

• Upvote 1

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Dayeth didn't respond - her axe was already sweeping down towards Kat's legs. 

The ashes scattered over the catwalk were pulled into the air, swirling about before reforming into the Puppetmaster. "How did you know I was a Great Being?" He spoke out loud now; this creature (Kalatin) had piqued his curiosity. 

Edited by Locus

Kale Ironshaper- Central Spire

IC: A nearby opening to a balcony allowed Kale a view out of the central spire and of the general arena. It was not hard to pick out several of the fights, lighting and fire crossed paths as they shot back and forth. The reports of weapons fire echoing across the vast arena. Most of the combat seemed to be taking place away from where he was, a fact that the Av-Toa had no problems with.

There was one being in particular that caught his eye though. Down below and making his way towards the central spire was the Spirit Toa he had spoken to earlier. He had seemed pleasant enough and would make a fine ally if his words had been true.

A swirl of lights formed in front of Uri, hovering there there for a second before turning into a hologram of Kale. Raising it's hand in greeting words began to form in front of it.

"Greetings Uri. As you can probably tell from the projection I am the Toa of Light you met earlier, sorry for falling asleep like that. I am currently on a balcony in the spire in front of you. If you would meet up with me I believe we could form a rather effective team. Look for the flashing light."

Up on the balcony Kale started flashing what amounted to a small spotlight down at the other Toa.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: TIme to rush this.

IC: Kuro/Great Furnace

So a giant furnace. This may not bode well. I decided to wander the rails, waiting and watching and listening for anything. The heat was distracting though and my Kraata was sweating beneath my armor.

IC: Prose/Great Furnace

I need to find an ally...otherwise I was screwed. I pulled out my shovel and walked through the arena.

IC: Maglev/Great Furnace

This place seemed very familiar to me...I would have to find out this place later. But the heat posed a problem to my ice abilities. I guess I'm handicapped for the time being.

IC: Dreidel/Great Furnace

"Talk about hot feet!"

But there was no time to sweat, so I began skating away in search of an opponent.

IC: Aeolin(Cyde)/Great Furnace

~Provide my your powers, Cyde.~

He turned my feet into cyclones and I began flying around.

Now where is my first opponent?

IC: Linear/Great Furnace

Hmm...

I melded into 2D mode and walked along the shadows of the railing. I would pop out to attack my opponents by surprise.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

I dropped out of the air, landing on the catwalk as the fireball soared by overhead. I saw the dragon (A.D) unfurling its wings and hurled a jagged bolt of electricity right at its chest. The beats was fast, but not fast enough....

IC(A.D.): There was no space to dodge, so A.D. just blasted fire right at the lightning bolt, and allowed himself to fall backward off the catwalk, turning in a great amount of strength so his wings were upright. He was much lower than Xara now...and if his chest was badly burned by lightning, he wasn't paying attention. 

The ashes scattered over the catwalk were pulled into the air, swirling about before reforming into the Puppetmaster. "How did you know I was a Great Being?" He spoke out loud now; this creature (Kalatin) had piqued his curiosity. 

IC(Kalatin): "I read minds." Kalatin said in his normal voice. "Your petty thoughts are open to me."

IC - Seven:

Seven growled in frustration, the guttural sound filling the air around him and transmitting his mood far better than any words might. "Why do you run, little pest?" he muttered, his speaking voice barely audible over the din filling the arena around him. "It won't do anything anyways..." Now, a large problem with the placement of the platform in between Feltzer and Seven was that Feltzer's weapon was still on the other side of the wall, while it was still being pulled back to Feltzer. Seven had a solution for that.

He jammed his knork into the catwalk, the sharp prongs forcing their way into the metal of the catwalk beneath him, around the cleaver, effectively stopping it in its movement. Then he quickly ran forwards, jumping up atop the wall - only to land on the ground, as the platform disappeared, revealing an on-their-back Feltzer.

"Found you!" he cried, glaring madly down at Feltzer, before pouncing from atop the wall down onto his just-arising target, clawed hands outstretched to grab Feltzer by the arms as Seven tackled him.

OOC: Seven, attacking Feltzer. Also, before you argue about the platform disappearing, Feltzer's profile does say that the platforms only last as long as he's standing on them.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

Before she could get another word in, the sheer venom in the Queen's thoughts sending her staggering back. Her whole species... dead?

When she did speak, the biting tone and caustic remarks were gone. "It's... not really something you decide on all at once. I lost my friends, my home, my sight... I wandered completely alone and didn't exactly have an easy time of it. And... I learned. And it was only then that I really got better.

"Now... with all respect due, if losing everyone isn't enough... I don't know what is. For all your power, they all got wiped out by... whatever it was. There's always something better, and right now, that might just be the... being we're about to see."

IC: Mistress - Arena

Her aggression began to melt away as the... hound approached. Though it was probably flea-ridden, filthy (though clean would be even worse), and untrained... it had approached her first with no intent to harm. She tentatively reached out a hand to scratch its head, making no mistake in being ready to turn her fingers to daggers if it tried anything.

She sighed in resignation. "You're not much in the way of allies... but I suppose you'll do... for now. Watch my back."

Dayeth didn't respond - her axe was already sweeping down towards Kat's legs. 

IC Kat:

Oh please. Lazily, my staff swirled around catching the axe just under the blade. A step to the right, and a pull, yanking on the Axe to pull it out of her hand, and bringing the bladed staff down upon her now exposed head.

IC Tirkah:

He managed to sip into an over hanging building, maybe a control station as his camoflauge reasserted itself. He pressed up against a corner, waiting with baited breath.

"Nice try, but if you'd been probing my thoughts I would've felt it," like all psionics users, the Puppetmaster monitored his mind for intrusions, so he knew that the gelatinous being (Kalatin) had to be lying to him, "want to change your story?" 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Dayeth had spent a large part of her life around Rahkshi. Working with them, training with them, commanding them. She was no stranger to their staff-fighting tactics. So when Kat attempted to yank the axe out of her hand, she pulled right back, keeping the staff trapped in place. 

As she did, she sent Dark Fire rippling from the blade in the hopes of damaging her foe's weapon and feet. And even if that didn't work, it would still at least temporarily ice over the floor. 

Edited by Locus

IC - Artorre (Great Furnace):

He slammed open the doors to the food court...

Eagerly grabbed a tray...

Piled it high with food...

Raised a bite to his lips...

And promptly disappeared. It took him several moments to register the heat change, but when he did, he grinned. This almost makes up for interrupting my lunch, he thought. Home field advantage is a go!

He didn't recognize the exact layout of this place-- it was rather a bit bigger than he remembered. Still, it reminded him of his days working in the Great Furnace as a Matoran. Those were certainly the days.

Setting off down a walkway, he began to look for any of the friends he had made between rounds.

IC - Shixahl (Great Furnace):

The Glatorian experienced brief shock as he was teleported into the arena. What is this? He wondered. It was hotter than the Bara Magnan desert he had wandered for so long. It was worse than anything he'd ever felt before. Is there any water around here? I need to stay hydrated.

He surveyed the area. He could see several groups fighting in the distance, and made a mental note to avoid those. Even if death wasn't permanent here, staying alive was his priority. Reaching into his coat, he tightly gripped the handle of a knife, and began to walk towards an empty area that would provide him with decent cover.

IC - Ardian (Great Furnace):

Grimacing, the Av-Toa looked around. He hadn't gotten to refill his power before the round started, so he decided to prioritize locating his allies. Beginning to walk around the perimeter of a circle with roughly three quarters of the radius of the Great Furnace - he was avoiding the center at all costs - he searched for the figures of his companions.

IC - Okavaung (Great Furnace):

With a sharp intake of breath, the frost dragon found himself in the arena. Heat, he thought. I hate heat.

He looked around his platform. The walkways were all too... narrow for him. This reminded him of those filthy Glatorian cities, except hotter.

Diving off of his platform, he began to fly under the walkways of the arena. It was slightly closer to the magma, and hotter as a result, but he could at least evade detection better, this way.

IC - Lierdon (Great Furnace):

The Skakdi was positively gleeful as he found himself in the arena. There were so many ways to trick and trap people in this place that, if it weren't for the scorching heat, he'd want it for a second home. Assuming prison could be called his first home, anyway.

Seeing a hulking beast occupied with chasing down a smaller combatant relatively nearby, he crouched down to hide himself, and began to examine the buckets of magma nearest to them. Were there any ways to tip them? Were there any that were close enough to their walkway to pour on it? These were the questions he asked himself as he made his inspection.

OOC:

Lierdon perched near Seven, everyone else open for interaction.

Seeing a hulking beast occupied with chasing down a smaller combatant relatively nearby, he began to examine the buckets of magma around them. Were there any ways to tip them? Were there any that were close enough to their walkway to pour on it? These were the questions he asked himself as he made his inspection.

Answers to these questions would be appreciated.

IC: Yoko

From up above, Yoko watched the activities of the Energy Hound, as it seemed to be interacting with some sort of Toa...

Why isn't he attacking her? This is free-for-all...

IC: Sudrec

The sand-colored being remains, surrounded by glass. The shot didn't work.

The joy turns to rage. A kill denied, a point withheld, the beauty of destruction snatched away from him -

A burst of sand hurtling towards him. Eyes widen to the size of the sun. Hands frantically reaching for vest. Armor activating as hardlight plates surround his body. A horrid noise as the bloiwng sand scrapes against the hardlight.

Heart beating faster than the footsteps of a Rock Steed. A face, distorted with rage, eyes locked onto the figure of the enemy. Body, covered in energy armor, fighting through the blowing sand. Hands, beinign the gun to bear once more. Feet, dashing to the right, attempting to strafe the enemy to from a distance and escape the sand. Eyes, looking down the sights. Finger, pulling the trigger -

Voice, whispering:

"Die."

"Sudrec orders you to die."

OOC: Yoko monitoring Snarl and Mistress, Sudrec attacking Virse.

IC: With a sigh, the Host turned back to me and smiled.

"Where was I?"

I did my best smarmy eyebrow raise, like all the cool kids do when confronting authority and wanting to look ~bad~.

Then promptly slipped back into being all business. Seeing as he was literally the Host of this Tournament, I was far from dumb enough to go and ###### him off.

"Pretty sure you called me here for some sort of job, sir."

------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Alright, round three!

He might not be fully healed, or even reccomendably healed, but for Karz's sake, Damaka would be 0-3 no longer!

"Let's ro--"

CREEEEEEEEEAK

"!"

His luck was nothing if not consistent. Only quick reflexes saved him from a plummet and an uncertain end.

Not good.

------------------------------------------------------

IC: The Prince of Light, however, took a far different approach.

Restricting the fighters to catwalks, eh?

A feral smirk.

Easy pickings.

Blue garb and gold mask took flight, searching for his first fly-by victim at high speed.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

Ic Kat:

Hoo, boy, that's a nice chill, there. But Rahkshi staves are made of tough stuff. Solid protosteel, baby. 

I switched my staff to my left hand, pulling it back to lock her axe against the flame shaped blades of my staff.I pivoted to the left, snapping a wicked side kick out to catch her in the head.

IC: Thaera – Arena

The only way to go was into a control room of sorts. That is, unless his assailant had leapt from the walkway.

Io, having found nothing in its attack, sedately crept back into the cage, but Thaera didn't lock it yet. Cornered Rahi were always the most dangerous. Instead, he reached his staff into the room, and released Io once more. The Avohkah whipped around the room, searching for anything in the doorway. It wouldn't do to have his enemy attack him right off the bat.

IC: Virse – Arena

But as the sand blast fell away, her foe's sights fell on... nothing. The glass shield crumbled as sand stopped pouring into it, and molten protodermis spilled across the walkway.

Meanwhile, an inconspicuous trail of sand crept towards the armored figure...

• Upvote 1

Karz.... this Rahkshi was a lot more resourceful than any she'd encountered before now. The foot caught her around the head, sending her staggering backwards. Too dazed to stop herself, she reached the edge of the narrow catwalk and fell backwards over the low railing.

Her fall was short, but unpleasant. 

With a violent hiss, her body vanished into the bubbling cauldron of molten protodermis below. 

OOC: Dayeth KO'd by Kat. 

IC Tirkah:

It was only by a millibio that The avokah missed him in it's search. It took all he had not to start running right then and there. The control room was spacious, there were desks and instrument panels.

He kept to the corner, hoping beyond hope that his assailant would either move on, or move past him, allowing him to slip out undetected.

IC: Sudrec

Target has disappeared.

No sign of where they may have gone.

Way forward blocked.

Best to fall back.

Heartbeat slowing. Face relaxing. Feet backing away. One last, sustained pull of the trigger, the point of the gun traveling in a sweeping motion. 6 seconds of cool down time needed.

Body turns around. Feet break into a run. Still active armor should provide some protection against any backstabs.

Nothing more to be gained here.

... Opportunity lost.

Others will come...

OOC: Sudrec attempting to break off engagement with the apparently disappeared Virse (according to his knowledge).

Feltzer

Felzer knew that at best, he would have at least seconds before the platform disappeared.

He removed the grapple from his wrist dock as soon as he got up and jumped off the catwalk.

Instead of summoning his platform to save himself, he dived at the lava, as he called it.

"I RATHER BURN THAN BE INVOLVED IN VORE!"

The last thing he felt was not the extreme pain of burning, but the satisfaction of not being eaten at all.

Felzer, KO'ed(ish) by Seven.

Edited by ineverlikedfelt
  • Upvote 4

IC - Aclaraung:

As Elly broke off and started running off, Aclaraung broke off as well. There were more immediate enemies, ones he knew would cause him more problems in the immediate future, and the Rahkshi of lightning was one of those. He snapped back around as quickly as possible, but instead of running after Xara, he executed his attack differently. He focused on the Rahkshi's ankle, before grabbing it and attempting to yank it away with his telekinesis, hoping to catch Xara enough off-guard that she might not plant herself enough to resist it...

And would instead plummet to the molten protodermis below.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC(A.D.): The dragon beat its wings, speeding his way underneath a catwalk. His chest hurt, every breath was painful - but it was good to be alive. So good. 

"Nice try, but if you'd been probing my thoughts I would've felt it," like all psionics users, the Puppetmaster monitored his mind for intrusions, so he knew that the gelatinous being (Kalatin) had to be lying to him, "want to change your story?" 

IC(Kalatin): "I don't have to defend my statements to you." Kalatin snapped. "I don't need to probe to sense mental communication with someone I was listening in on." As he did so, the gelatin let go of the tentacles holding him up, letting himself drop down on the catwalk. I know what your kind are like. Mental powers and a sense of superiority - it was a good guess, and I wouldn't have minded beating you otherwise anyway. 

IC(Ismekne): Somewhere else, the Ga-Toa ran off the catwalk onto another one, heading where she thought Vagust might have gone. 

OOC: Ismekne open for interaction.

Edited by fishers64

I moved to throw myself out of the way of the oncoming fireball when an unseen hand snagged at my ankle, causing me to pitch forwards over the railing. I switched to flight mode as I fell, feeling the heat of the fireball ripping past overhead and knowing it would be nothing compared to the heat of the molten pit far below. 

My target (A.D) was still below me, so I exited flight mode and dropped down the last few bio, sending arcs of electricity from my blades as I pointed them downwards, intending to stab the dragon as I landed on it. 

He'd put up with being coddled and treated like a household pet while he'd been outside the arena, but now that he was here in the heat and smoke and flame, he was ready to fight. 

He opened his mouth as if to yawn, then spat a bolt of energy at Dajik's waist. 

Now he knew the creature was lying to him. No psychic was powerful enough to listen in on the mental conversations of others without their presence being noticed. "You've got guts, creature," he growled, drawing his rifle, "I think I'll dissect you and see them for myself." 

Edited by Locus

IC: Mistress - Arena

There was no time to dodge, but she would have her revenge. She was not as trusting as the mutt might have believed.

As her waist became fixated by a thousand needles, she shrieked out, "Why, you little...!" With a flash of her mask, her reaching fingers became daggers, slicing down towards the mutt's head as she fell. The smoke field began to dissipate as her concentration waned.

IC: Thaera - Arena

Io hummed back a negatory, and Thaera cast his eyes around him. A Rahi couldn't form strategies, and would have taken the best hiding place to lash out from. But he didn't make the mistake of believing his foe to be a Rahi. Could the being be waiting just behind him? Or below? Or had he really fled into this obvious location to hide? Invisibility made things difficult sometimes.

He retracted his claw and innocently turned to leave... before whipping it around in a circle to catch a potential ambush. But the claw met nothing but air. His foe could still be lingering on the edges of the walkway, waiting to get a better shot. Perhaps it was time to set a trap of his own.

Io hummed to him as the pair took in their surroundings. Walkways. The Control Room. A rickety stairway. Instead of taking any of these more obvious courses, Thaera leapt right up onto the railing and quickly scrambled up to the roof of the control room with the aid of his claw. If his assailant believed him to be gone, so be it. If he followed him, then Io could easily dispatch someone from the high ground.

Thaera settled low on the roof, out of sight of all but the keenest and highest observers. Waiting was his game.

IC: Virse - Arena

The many grains of sand that were Virse desperately clung to the edge of the walkway. She couldn't afford to lose so much as a single grain to the metal grating. And that made progress slow. Especially compared to the rapid pace at which the armored being retreated. Virse clumped herself back together and waited for the being to pass from sight.

With a whirl of sand, a Toa stood once more upon the walkway. Her sword still rested at the ready in her hand.

She didn't quite have the range needed to face the being with its strange weapon... that was so much like a relic. She needed to find her allies. Virse spun on a heel and walked off in the opposite direction, hoping for better luck. This time, she would be more prepared.

He darted forwards, jagged talons slicing out at his falling opponent's chest and throat. Trails of pain ripped across his cheek and neck as Dajik's falling hand sliced across his skin, but it didn't stop him from continuing onwards with his lunge. 

I moved to throw myself out of the way of the oncoming fireball when an unseen hand snagged at my ankle, causing me to pitch forwards over the railing. I switched to flight mode as I fell, feeling the heat of the fireball ripping past overhead and knowing it would be nothing compared to the heat of the molten pit far below. 

My target (A.D) was still below me, so I exited flight mode and dropped down the last few bio, sending arcs of electricity from my blades as I pointed them downwards, intending to stab the dragon as I landed on it.

IC(A.D.): A.D.'s wings pumped furiously as he sensed the Rahkshi following him. Desperate, he flew upwards near-vertically as rapidly as he could, landing on another catwalk. The arcs of electricity must have hit below him, but that didn't matter, as his chest was a collection of burns and raw flesh. He wasn't going to be flying again for awhile. Was there a medic in here somewhere? 

Now he knew the creature was lying to him. No psychic was powerful enough to listen in on the mental conversations of others without their presence being noticed. "You've got guts, creature," he growled, drawing his rifle, "I think I'll dissect you and see them for myself." 

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin simply tried to used his telekinesis to push the rifle away from him. He put some thrust into the attack, hoping to turn the enemy toward the railing.

He felt the telekinetic push against his weapon and pushed right back with his own telekinesis, holding the rifle in place. "Nice try," his voice carried the barest hint of menace with it, "now it's my turn." 

He pulled the trigger, sending a bolt of hardlight flashing towards Kalatin's centre of mass.

IC(Kalatin): The gelatin rolled to the left, but the hardlight cut a fissure through some of his gelatinous mass. He flattened himself against the catwalk, trying to make himself a harder target. At the same time, two of his tentacles tried to curl around the Puppetmaster's foot, and several more readied themselves on his form, ready for an attack. 

IC: Naona (MC) ~ Arena

Heat. Sweltering heat. He could feel it in the air, the ripples of the currents rising from the molten protodermis beneath the walkway. A single misstep, a loss of concentration ... and Naona would fall to his demise, another victim of the mighty Furnace's flows. It was not a sight he had ever witnessed; in comparison to the small forges of his home, the pride of Ta-Metru was truly awe-inspiring and epic in scale. But it was not the time to admire his surroundings. While a distasteful prospect, it was his duty now to fight against others trapped in this tournament. And he would perform it to the best of his ability.

He did wish that the battlefield was less hectic. The chaos was absolutely impossible to decipher.

IC: Naona (Kid) ~ Arena

Heat. Sweltering heat. She could feel it in the air, the ripples of the currents rising from the ... (was it lava?) lava beneath the walkway. A simple misstep, a loss of concentration ... and Naona would fall to her death, another victim of the titanic facility that surrounded her. It was frightening; never before in her life had she ever encountered such a place - it was as if the Mangai Volcano itself had dared to erupt, its divine rage concentrated into a world of steel and unending fire. The searing summer sun of the Motara Desert, her home and cherished protectee, could not even compare to a fraction of her new world's heat. Her armour was boiling, and she could feel the rhythm of her heartstone rapidly increase in tempo. How could she fight here? How could she even raise a hand against another, when the pressure was so overwhelming?

How could she?

• Upvote 1

He saw the tentacle coming and stepping calmly backwards, taking aim once more. He fired again, sending a second dart of hardlight searing through the air towards Kalatin's flattened form. Sitting still had been a very bad idea....

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin saw him go back; the gelatin crept forward, unleashing a mass of tentacles at the side of the Puppetmaster's skull. Another hardlight bolt cut a small hole near the first. The tentacles were designed to spread out when they hit. Hopefully that would be a nasty surprise. 

It was hard for him to miss the tentacles sweeping from the side towards his skull, but very easy for him to make them miss him. He dropped down on one knee, letting the tentacles sweep past overhead while he fired a third shot at the monstrosity.