Best Combiner

Taipu1

It takes skill to make a model from a limited selection of parts, I've always respected the Lego designers particularly for some of the extremely good combiners they've come out with over the years. So which do you think is the best?EDIT: Decided a quick addition needed to be made. As it's about models made from limited parts, combiner isn't necessarily the best word. I meant to include alternate models as well, such as the alternate exo-toa and sets like the Master Builder kit, although I don't know there's been any other set quite like that.I'd say that Vezon and Kardas is very much ahead of the field, but I've always liked Makuta-Nui. Also I was impressed by the bohrok kaita, as I was astounded they actually managed to make anything good out of the bohrok, which contained a lot of unusual pieces not suited to larger sets.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Vezon and Kardas.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Kardas Dragon was an awesome combiner and a legitimate set. The three titans actually worked to create it, and though I never built him (all three of its constituent sets have never even been cannibalized for parts), it was an impressive combiner.The '01 Rahi combiners were awesome as well. People seem to forget them, as they were more alternate models than combiners, but I really liked them.All of the other combiners that I can think of have lame builds, bad colors, or just plain suck.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I really liked all of the combination models (I hate the term "combiners") from 2007 and 2008, just in terms of being innovative creatures that really inspired me artistically. Sure, they were fairly ugly in real life, and some parts of them were somewhat fragile. But I can't bring myself to hate them when I look back at my drawings of the Manutri, the Pit War Tortoise, the Zyglak (admittedly one of my weaker drawings, but which still pays testament to the cohesive design of the original model), and that one 2008 combination from the Brickmaster magazine which I can't seem to find on my Brickshelf and whose name escapes me.All in all, though, I really liked the combination models from all years. They strove for different sorts of design, but they all tended to have a high level of ingenuity (well, with the exception of some of the awful Piraka combi models like the Protodax).

The Brutaka/Axonn/Vezon combo. The Kardas Dragon was the best combiner, to be honest.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

The Nui-Jaga Kewa combiner was quite awesome, in fact until recently I had it in that form instead of the originals for a long time, it was such a great set!And Ultimate Dume was pretty cool too, not to mention it had the added twist of being an in-story combination of the sets it was made of, which nothing since the Kaita/Nui have ever done.And the original Mata Kaita were good for their time.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

well probably the original Katia was the best! I only got to build the one with Lewa's nuva's mask tho. :( but alot of them are pretty good, botar(long time to build it tho!), Vezon and Kardas looked pretty beast, but i never got to building it. Toa Jovan looks pretty cool too(2006 was one nostalgic year for me). Lots to name tho. I think its pretty much 2006 and below that are the best!

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

vvezon an kardas wwere absolutely brilliant an the borohk kaita wwere pretty good toothe wweird bahrag spider fins wwere quite neat

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

Vezon and Kardas of course.Hmm, Ultimate Dume also looked pretty neat, same with the Bohrok Kaita. Takutanuva looks too much like the original Makuta though.

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, now that I think about it, the Shadowed One and Irnakk combiners were pretty cool as well.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Voporak, while not being the most aesthetically appealing combination model, was certainly interesting and almost looked like an actual set (except for the color scheme). I never built Kardas, but that also certainly seems like it was possibly the best. The Kralhi and other Vahki-related combiners also look very nice, although again I've never seen them in person.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

No one mentioned the Kaita Nuva? Wairuha Nuva ranks WAY up there for me (looked bulky, could be a bit customized). However, can't say the same about Akamai Nuva... Hated the model, took it apart as soon as I could. I didn't own any other combiners, but I was impressed with Ultimate Dume (sometimes wish I could flip that head and add the mask of shadows) and Kardas (Fenrakk on steroids. LOL).

It's been a short while since I immersed myself back into the world of Bionicle... particularly BZPower. I was surprised to find I couldn't post there. So I raged, then I found...

THE NEW BZPOWER BOARDS?! OMG WAT.

Yes, I was surprised. Miss BBCode, but... this is a nice change. Gonna miss the old forums, even though I NEVER posted on them.

In other news: Darth Revan FTW, Mario is da bomb, Pokemon rocks, Jurassic Park is awesome, Angry Birds is glorious, Bionicle... Is inexplicably awesomely, gloriously, da rocking bomb. FTW.

That's all I have to say.