BIONICLE Mafia XXII: Karneval der Toten

Burnmad

The problem with your logic is that I bolded that text. There's also the fact that both of the people we're waiting on have posted in the thread since the first scene, and both of them had clearly read said scene, with one acknowledging the rule and outright neglecting to adhere to it. What's more, I've specifically addressed both of these people two, three times.

So no, there's not really any excuse for missing the voting deadline; should they fail to vote in the next 7 hours, 33 minutes, their slots will probably go to one of the people that missed signups.

*Snaps fingers*

The problem with your logic is that I bolded that text. There's also the fact that both of the people we're waiting on have posted in the thread since the first scene, and both of them had clearly read said scene, with one acknowledging the rule and outright neglecting to adhere to it. What's more, I've specifically addressed both of these people two, three times.

So no, there's not really any excuse for missing the voting deadline; should they fail to vote in the next 7 hours, 33 minutes, their slots will probably go to one of the people that missed signups.

*Snaps fingers*

There's no problem with his logic. It really ought to be in the first post as well. Same goes for the other rules that have come out of nowhere. (No double hangs, No voting outside of suspect lists, Infinite Switches...)

And don't tell us we should know the rules. At this point I barely trust the Medic to heal, the Detective to investigate, or the Turaga to have power votes.

• Upvote 3

Wait we have to participate now?

That's never been how I play Mafia.

I only participate when I feel needed.

Participation means voting. Participation will be mandatory in this game.

While you may not abstain or null, you may do as Taka and Blade have done, and vote someone far behind in votes.

After all, today is pretty much just a test of the mandatory voting system, anyway. Consider it a roll call.

*Snaps fingers*

Sorry I haven't posted yet. 

For the record I'll abstain. 

The issue currently is that it's performance weekend for the Musical I'm running tech in, so my time is stretched pretty thin. After this week things will finally clear up for me. 

• Upvote 1

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

There's no problem with his logic. It really ought to be in the first post as well. Same goes for the other rules that have come out of nowhere. (No double hangs, No voting outside of suspect lists, Infinite Switches...)

And don't tell us we should know the rules. At this point I barely trust the Medic to heal, the Detective to investigate, or the Turaga to have power votes.

I should also add that Arsene was none too pleased at learning of the mandatory voting-rule. Obviously, one can't please everyone, especially in regards to twists, but I don't think that this constitutes one. Seeing as it was mentioned before, in other topics, it could have been in the OP. As for the lack of rules, well, I'd say that since neither most of the players nor Sumiki have complained about it, Burnmad has carte blanche. It's like Ehk's death in the second phase of XIX. I didn't like Voltex arbitrarily punishing players' forgetfulness, but I was the only one to openly complain. Thus, Ehks bit the dust, but he had already held his peace.

The issue currently is that it's performance weekend for the Musical I'm running tech in, so my time is stretched pretty thin. After this week things will finally clear up for me. 

I don't think Burnmad is allowing abstention. I'm afraid the closest thing to it is to vote for someone with very few votes.

Performance weekend FTW!

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Wait we have to participate now?

That's never been how I play Mafia.

I only participate when I feel needed.

Participation means voting. Participation will be mandatory in this game.

While you may not abstain or null, you may do as Taka and Blade have done, and vote someone far behind in votes.

After all, today is pretty much just a test of the mandatory voting system, anyway. Consider it a roll call.

*Snaps fingers*

I'll attribute your decision to do something which, in the very post you quoted, I stated you can't, to the lack of time you mentioned. I'll automatically cast your vote for whoever has the fewest, which, as I write this post, I believe to be Chro.

Quisoves, have you been in contact with Arsene? Because unless he lacks access to his computer, for which I'd give him a free pass, I'd rather expect him to vote after it was made explicitly clear to him that doing so is mandatory.

As for putting rules in the OP, it should come as no surprise to anyone that this game has yet to actually start. I was kind of planning on waiting to add rules and such until then, since they wouldn't make sense at present. I didn't so much hope as I did expect the game to run without a hitch until then. =P

*Snaps fingers*

Quisoves, have you been in contact with Arsene? Because unless he lacks access to his computer, for which I'd give him a free pass, I'd rather expect him to vote after it was made explicitly clear to him that doing so is mandatory.

I have been in contact with, and am also a player in his Role-To-Dodge game over in OTC. As for access to a computer on his part, it's hard to say. He knows of the rule, as of yesterday, but he has stated that he tends to be gone on weekends, which apparently entails a lack of access to a computer. I'd say it's your call.

gZsNWyr.png

Can I withhold my vote and stay alive? I don't know who to vote for and it doesn't seem necessary since everyone else is piling on one person.

Not strictly. However, you can vote for the person with the least amount of votes (currently Blade, I think.)

gZsNWyr.png

The problem with your logic is that I bolded that text. [...]

True, but I actually managed to completely miss out on the text at the end of the scene, and only voted because you actually stated in that one tally post that you still need 3 people to vote. It is possible to overlook things, even (or especially) in bold text.

[...]

As for putting rules in the OP, it should come as no surprise to anyone that this game has yet to actually start. I was kind of planning on waiting to add rules and such until then, since they wouldn't make sense at present. I didn't so much hope as I did expect the game to run without a hitch until then. =P

*Snaps fingers*

May I then request that you maybe add the rules to the first post as soon as they become relevant, so that we have some sort of 'compendium'/reference instead of having to search through pages of posts to find out what exactly the rule stated? :3

It would certainly become helpful once this game exceeds 4 pages (aka in the near future.)

Edited by Schroedinger's Visorak
  • Upvote 3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Tag Null

The town shifted uneasily, uncertain of who to lynch. Some said that, surely, Pulse must have committed the crime. Others were insistent that the spine-eating Xaeraz was the culprit. Yet others, though a minority, considered the remaining suspects to be more likely. When the medical examiner came out with the fact that no pieces of the victim's spine were found to be missing, the balance of the mob shifted, with the majority casting their votes onto Pulse. When voting closed, they closed in upon the unfortunate Matoran, seizing him and hauling him bodily to the gallows. Despite his protests and struggling, he could not escape the clutches of the bloodthirsty Villagers, who tied the noose around his neck, and let him drop to his death.

Pulse, Villager, Lynched.

Suddenly, a shout rang out from the edge of the crowd.

"My

Lord! What

Murderous

Lads you are!"

Everyone turned to gaze upon the newcomer who had the audacity to interfere with their ill-advised lynching. They were shocked to see standing there none other than Makuta Luroka. His clothing was in tatters, and both it and his flesh were scorched. More importantly, standing on each side of him were two people the Village recognized all to well: Tyler and Pulse. While the former seemed more ambivalent, the latter was quite shocked. "I thought I was... being lynched?" He said. The Villagers, too shocked to speak, did not say that they had been similarly confused.

"You were lynched," explained Luroka. "You're fine now. You're just a bit more dead."

"D-dead?" Pulse stammered, doubled over from the revelation.

"Yes, dead. On the bright side, this lynching was accidental. The voting was actually an election to public office, and you won!"

"...I don't think that's--" Burnmad piped up, but was quickly interrupted.

"It's true. Check your clipboard. It's in there. Somewhere."

Burnmad, occupied with poring over a sizable clipboard, ceased interrupting.

"Anyway, Pulse," Luroka continued, "There's no law here that says dead people can't hold public office, so you still have the job."

"There are no laws that say anything about there being public offices in the first place..."

"Yes there are! You just didn't look hard enough. Trust me on this, I went to law school."

There were several moments of silence. Quisoves Pugnat was the first person to finally speak up.

"Exactly what are you doing here, Luroka?"

"Taking over," he responded shortly. "This game's horribly mismanaged."

"W-what?"

"I mean, you saw the night scene, right? The suspect list didn't even have one of you guys in it."

"What!" Quisoves shouted again.

"Come on, don't act like you aren't Mafia. You're Quisoves! We all knew you were guilty the moment you signed up.

The Mafioso stared blankly at Luroka.

"So, like I said, the suspect list sucked. So I'm getting rid of them."

The crowd let out a collective "Huh?"

"Oh, and while I'm here, I brought Tyler back. Poor guy thought he was getting off that easily? Haha, nope."

Tyler sighed. It seemed he'd have to deal with those notifications, after all.

"Anyway, Pulse. You're a... Judge, now, I think? I dunno, figure it out."

Makuta Luroka turned back to the crowd. "As for the rest of you guys, I've shuffled the roles. Don't worry, Mafia. You guys still have roles. Everyone does!"

At that, Luroka disappeared, leaving Tyler and Pulse behind, along with a very confused Village.

Burnmad continued to flip through his clipboard, oblivious to what had occurred since he had begun the task.

NEW ROLES:

Village (11)

-Potoo:

Kills one person every night.

-Siren:
Can choose to kill a person during the day, by saying a predetermined word to that person.

-Chronicler:
The Chronicler targets one person, and anonymously reveals to the entire village who they targeted that night.

-Astrologer:

Attempts to predict the actions of every other role each night. Each successful prediction increases the odds of changing those actions which were predicted incorrectly.

-Necromancer:

As long as the Necromancer lives, dead players may continue to post in the thread, and otherwise communicate with other players. Additionally, may perform the action of one deceased player each night.

-Agent:

Can anonymously contact Mafia-sided or neutral roles, through the host.

-Doctor:

Protects one person from death that night. Cannot target self.

-Detective:

Determines the alignment of one person each night.

-Turaga:

Vote counts for double during the day.

-The First of the Dead:

Retains ability to vote. Can temporarily suppress the soul of a dead person each night, preventing them from communicating with other players the next day.

-The Judge: When a player is being lynched, guesses at their guilt and acts accordingly. If the Judge determines a player to be innocent, they will still be lynched, but will become a ghost. If the Judge determines a player to be guilty, that player will be lynched, and their soul will be permanently suppressed, preventing them from communicating with other players.

Mafia (6)

-Tren Krom:

As long as Tren Krom lives, deaths will be extra-gruesome.

-Hex:

Every night, curses 6 people with 6 words that are over 6 letters in length. When one of those people says one of those words, they will have a 1/6 chance of dying during the day scene. The curse deactivates once someone is killed by it.

-Abductor:

Kidnaps one person each night, preventing them from performing their night action.

-Spy:

Can anonymously contact Mafia-sided or neutral roles, through the host. Appears to be innocent when investigated.

-Recorder:

Listens in on the PM conversation of their target. Is not part of the initial Mafia PM.

-Ghost:

Appears to be innocent when killed or lynched. Is not part of the initial Mafia PM.

Neutral (8: These roles count towards the village's numbers, but only win by satisfying their unique conditions; if the Mafia is eliminated before then, they lose, unless their goal is survival)

-Fool:

Wins by being lynched.

-Pyro:

Chooses three targets each night: One for their flamethrower, one for their shotgun and one for their axe. Wins by killing the village. Or everyone.

-Forger:

Chooses three people at night, who will have a vote taken from or added to their count during the following day. Wins by surviving until the end.

-Protector:

Chooses someone to protect at night. If that person is to be killed, the Protector dies, instead, while also taking out their killer. Wins by successfully protecting someone who goes on to win.

-Feuders x2:

These two try to have each other lynched. They know who each other are. They can't win if the other is killed at night.

-Misanthropic Linchpin:

Doesn't do anything. Goals unknown.

-Ringleader:

Actions and goal unknown.

The first post has been updated with rules and such.

Roles will be sent out shortly.

/Waits to realize that he inevitably forgot something of the utmost importance

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 5

EDIT: Burn you ninja :c

Burn's Explanation of the Chronicler on steam:

RahkshiGuurahk/QuantumMetalBrick: -Chronicler:
The Chronicler targets one person, and anonymously reveals to the entire village who they targeted that night.
RahkshiGuurahk/QuantumMetalBrick: wot
Burnmad: That was kind of poorly written
RahkshiGuurahk/QuantumMetalBrick: yeah
Burnmad: The Chronicler shows the target of the Chronicler's target =P
RahkshiGuurahk/QuantumMetalBrick: ah
Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I'm sorry that sending out roughly 20 PMs isn't as quick as you hoped

At least Portal will feel my pain ;n;

*Snaps fingers*

Burnmad, you're talking to me

Between By the Numbers 1 + 2 and The Voltex Constant, I don't even want to count how many PMs I've had to keep track of at once. I know your pain.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry that sending out roughly 20 PMs isn't as quick as you hoped

At least Portal will feel my pain ;n;

*Snaps fingers*

Burnmad, you're talking to me

Between By the Numbers 1 + 2 and The Voltex Constant, I don't even want to count how many PMs I've had to keep track of at once. I know your pain.

Oh true

Well

Quit complaining then :V

*Snaps fingers*

I'm the Judge?

Congratulations, people! You have picked one of the worst people for the job. Now, pay me widgets or I declare you all guilty and therefore suppressed and unable to comment on things once you actually die. Or, if you are guilty, I can 'misplace' the evidence for a small fee.

Now, I humbly request that Zakaro, Portalfig, Voltex, Luroka, RG and Quisoves to form tomorrow's jury, whenever tomorrow comes. When the scene is posted, I, as judge, pre-emptively order your verdicts on the innocence and guiltiness of the inevitable suspects who are suspected on the suspect list. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I'm the Judge?

Congratulations, people! You have picked one of the worst people for the job. Now, pay me widgets or I declare you all guilty and therefore suppressed and unable to comment on things once you actually die. Or, if you are guilty, I can 'misplace' the evidence for a small fee.

Now, I humbly request that Zakaro, Portalfig, Voltex, Luroka, RG and Quisoves to form tomorrow's jury, whenever tomorrow comes. When the scene is posted, I, as judge, pre-emptively order your verdicts on the innocence and guiltiness of the inevitable suspects who are suspected on the suspect list. 

so... are you just going to go with the popular vote of those players?? and assume that's the truth??

like i mean, everybody says that I lie, zakaro is 100% type 2, quisoves is always mafia, and anybody who trusts luroka is a fool

this is literally a recipe for disaster

• Upvote 2

Precisely why I chose those people! A good range of personalities who are totally not biased in any way, you know? Excellent and reliable.

you've killed me.

nonsense

i want you to live, ehks

probably portalfig does too

so

that's 2/6

Intriguing. This has taken a turn for the better, and reminds me so much of a certain game I enjoy playing frequently.

Edited by Voxumo: Lord of Ice Picks

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.