Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Ailun - Outside New Atero

"Come on then," Ailun says as he takes her by the hand. "Watch your head though..."

IC: Fifteen - Fe Hangar

As she finishes her checks and finds the Hawk in pristine condition, Fifteen looks up to find a small group of citizens gathering nearby, including the one who had questioned her and the guard she had served with. Not wanting to be caught up in... whatever it was, she slipped away back to the privacy of her own home.

IC: Sekra - New Atero (Parking District)

Sekra pulled out one of her war axes and got to sharpening it as she waited, though as it turned out, she didn't have to wait long. She had to choke off her chuckle as she watched their benefactor get tossed out on his grimy rear. Time for the show.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

She nodded, promptly throttling her head into an overhead pipe before even a second's passing. Rubbing her head, she followed Ailun's tugging on her arm.

IC: TV - Tesara

Tesara was known for being the most peaceable of places in the Great Barren, but even in places of great peace, pockets filled with long discarded things and ideas fester. Nestled in a vacant plot behind a well-populated building complex, there could be found a small gathering of trash and scrap. Certainly not enough to amount to a scrap-yard, but enough to call it a "scrap-y yard". Out of all the scrap, the least trash-worthy of it all would be the relatively small airship balancing precariously in the air. If you did happen to find this place, then you should be congratulated on your ability to find out-of-the-way and pointless things.

Then I'd tell you to butt out of whatever business you think you found here.

Somehow, I've had to tell off more than a few nosy neighbors that came wandering in from the streets. And still, as many as I've shooed away, just as many more arrive, looking for a place to do... whatever it is youth do for fun these days. I know for a fact that some of them followed me on my way back from the market, I've had to lose more than a few curious pairs of eyes in the alleyways.

At the moment, I was appreciating the peace of the Second Breath's interior. Flowers were beginning to bloom in Hydropod #17, a good sign of the development of more Bula fruits on their way. Those would do well in the market, all the Mata Nuians that frequented my stall were always delighted to see a fruit thought long to be extinct. Their eyes always dropped some when they saw the price of course, but a little haggling goes a long way for the both of us to get what we want. Of course, having the only supply of the fruit helps to keep a customer coming back. And if the Bula wasn't their favorite, there was always the Raro-Hua, Madu, Bamboo, or even those lightvines. Any little reminder of a home long lost sold well, and kept my work funded.

Speaking of which, I'd better get to the market soon. With the morning sun shining through the windows, it wouldn't be long until the market rush. I started gathering up supplies, picking my oldest, yet still fresh, fruits, before continuing on to newer batches. Best to sell what I've got left now before they spoil.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Rorohiko - Upper Levels, Fe

"Thanks," he said to Xaril. He then registered the presence of not one, but two other beings. One was the one who was sighing loudly to themselves earlier. They seemed angry now. He wondered why. To the border guard, he gave a sleepy smile in greeting.

OOC: The border guard he refers to is Karanta.

IC: Karanta - Iron Fist

Karanta nodded towards the Matoran who smiled at her. She had no idea who he was. None at all. But he seemed friendly enough...if not very odd looking.

She also didn't know who the other Matoran was. She felt no remorse ignoring the other, rude Matoran. Jeez, at least be polite when asking about what this trip is about, she thought to herself.

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

GM IC: Xaril - Upper Levels, Fe.

"Which this are you referring to?" He rose to his full height, glowering down at the other being, "And what gives you the right to speak to me in such a way?" 

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower, New Atero.

"Well, now that that's taken care of, I guess we can set off." He picked up a resplendent coat that had been draped from a nearby writing desk and pulled it on, "Unless there's something else you three felt the need to clarify?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Unfortunate connections?" He mused, "You mean like the one between your head and the rest of your body?" Honestly, who did this little upstart think he was? The Council's orders were to be accepted, not questioned, and certainly not criticised. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Rorohiko stared blankly at the upset being. Were they new? Perhaps they didn't know about the trips to Cliffside that happened every so often? They were rare, but always a big deal. He followed the guard into the ship. He said to the guard, "Hey, I'm Rorohiko. I do research and inventing. Always glad to have extra guards on these trips. I'm not exactly what you'd call a fighter. Got too many fragile parts for that."

~

IC: Armani - New Atero Tower

"It seems crystal clear to me, Your Spikiness!" Armani stood and cut another salute. "I will fetch my craft post-haste! What is our rendezvous point?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Ezezko - New Atero Tower

He quickly got to his feet and mimicked His Spikiness, donning a grungy old field jacket like a cheap Bickle ripoff.

A reflexive jiggle of his right arm, disguised as an adjustment of the garment revealed a deficit of weight, seems the bottle he'd stowed in an inner pocket was emptier of contents than he'd remembered.

The talky talky Skrall took care of the only question he'd have cared to ask, giving him extra time to contemplate how to actually pilot his ship as an ace pilot. Fake it til you (he) make (made) it?

Or something like that.

...but close to it

Rorohiko stared blankly at the upset being. Were they new? Perhaps they didn't know about the trips to Cliffside that happened every so often? They were rare, but always a big deal. He followed the guard into the ship. He said to the guard, "Hey, I'm Rorohiko. I do research and inventing. Always glad to have extra guards on these trips. I'm not exactly what you'd call a fighter. Got too many fragile parts for that."

IC: Karanta - The Iron Fist

Karanta smiled at Rorohiko. "Nice to meet you! Name's Karanta," she said, sticking her hand out. "And I guess I'm gonna be helping you stay safe, huh?"

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Rorohiko - Ship

He shook the extended hand. "Probably. I can be a bit of a liability. Shame that a lot of the things I need for my research can be found on expeditions like this. What brings you along, aside from helping to guard everyone?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

He shook the extended hand. "Probably. I can be a bit of a liability. Shame that a lot of the things I need for my research can be found on expeditions like this. What brings you along, aside from helping to guard everyone?"

"It's a way to get out of Fe for a bit. Always wanted to see the world, y'know?" She said as she shook Rorohiko's hand. "Even if it's not glamorous, it'll be different and exciting."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Armani - New Atero Tower

"It seems crystal clear to me, Your Spikiness!" Armani stood and cut another salute. "I will fetch my craft post-haste! What is our rendezvous point?"

"Just fly out to the area that was marked on the map," Hakkzan replied, adjusting his coat so that his spikes sat comfortably in the pre-cut holes, "Once my transport gets out there, the test will begin." 

IC: Erland

With nothing better to do, Erland followed Ailun and Threiaa to... Wherecer they were going.

IC: Skrall/Sutrox

"This is going to be exciting!"

His outward voice: a time of exuberant sincerity. His inner thoughts: as sarcastic as Solis Magna was hot. At Joe's summons, Skrall grabbed his generic weapon - apparently a gunblade along the lines of what that slaver Sahmad carried - and followed behind Serka as inconspicuously as he could.

GM IC: Slimy Joe/Bloat - Parking District, New Atero.

"Come on, buddy," Joe lurched to his feet and stumbled back towards the blue being, "Cant we talk 'bout this?" 

"No. I told you, I'm not helping you out anymore," the amphibious creature's voice was muffled by the breathing helmet encasing his head, "And you lot," he waved a steely claw in the direction of the rest of the group, "Whatever crazy scheme he's roped you into, do yourself a favour and back out now, before you wind up in over your heads."  

IC: Ailun - Outside New Atero (Moa)

"Careful!" he reiterated as they dove deeper into the airship, with even Ailun having to squirm through a few tight spaces before they found a ladder. "Crew's quarters are right up here! They're, uh... all open, so pick one you like."

She stood and brandished her axes. "Sorry fishface, but you've found yourself in the sad position between us and a heap of loot. Why don't you step aside before something unfortunate happens?"

IC Dessimus

He smiled bitterly. "I'm sorry, clearly your concerns and insecure ideals of trade are far too important for someone as insignificant and obstructive as myself, and I hope I won't offend your honor further..."

He spun on his heel and stalked off, wondering just how stupid some of the authorities here could get. Cliffside is 90% worthless trash, anyways. What's the point of arming potential threats?

IC Maldrakk - New Atero, tower, descending

Glancing at the map one more time, he moved closer to the door, unsure if His Spikiness wished for the party to descend first or...

Idiotic. Of course he wants us to descend first. He can't see potential threats if they're behind him.

He moved through the open door and proceeded down the stairs, looking for that common servant with so plain an appearance.

IC: Armani - New Atero

"Very well! I will see you there shortly!" She dropped her salute, and headed for the door, after the Skakdi. She paused by Branar and Stronius. She smiled brightly at them. "It's very nice to see you again, sirs! I look forward to guarding you both."

~

"Sure is," he replied. "Last time, I drifted off from the group for a minute and some random guy dangled me off one of the city's namesakes because I accidentally walked into him."

IC-Zavon (Tesara)

"Perfect." Zavon said, Tightening the last bolt on the Protosteel armour. "Now, time for a test run, methinks..."

With his final checks done, he hopped in the pilot seat, ready to take to the skies. Zavon started the main thrusters, pulled back on the throttle, and the twin engines burst into life. Smoothly and elegantly, the Sunset Rider left it's launchpad and soared off into the skies around Tesara.

Zavon took a sigh in exhilaration. He seemed to be much more focused in the air, despite his Element. He pondered changing his title to "Zavon the Oxymoronic" if he ever got high enough on the corporate ladder. Hypothetically, that is.

OOC

Zavon open for Interaction in the skies around Tesara.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

"Sure is," he replied. "Last time, I drifted off from the group for a minute and some random guy dangled me off one of the city's namesakes because I accidentally walked into him."

"That sounds...unfortunate. Might be smart to not wander too far this time, just in case you run into the same person."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

With Kathok momentarily distracted, Taurek's disc manages to strike one of Sunmaker's engines - the metal casing groans as the cold fatigues the metal and coats it in ice. "Piraka!" Kathok curses. Luckily, the disc doesn't seem to be high-level enough for its icy impact to penetrate the motor's inner workings to a significant degree. A smile returning to his barbed features, Kathok returns the attack with another volley, this time aiming for the pursuing rockoh's rider.

Kathok is also aware of Silvana's movements. If she has front facing weapons, which most jetrax do, he'll need to maneuver evasively quite quickly. Still, moving before the last moment will alert his other pursuer to the danger if he hasn't spotted it already, as well as simply causing the other two to follow him. Kathok, through the haze of adrenaline, is aware that he needs to get behind the other two ships for maximum effect. He'll try and do that when he gets a chance.

Kathok

"You know, this tower was one of the first structures ever built in New Atero." The two Skrall silently fell into step behind Hakkzan, conversing in hushed tones. If they noticed Armani's greeting over their own conversation and Hakkzan's boisterous narration, they gave no indication. "Like the outer walls, it was constructed entirely from material harvested from the shell of the Matoran Universe... before it was swallowed by the chasm, that is." 

The vague, undefined servant was waiting for them at the open door, glowering grumpily at the group. There was a gleeful glint in their eyes, though, as if excited at the prospect of finally seeing these strangers gone.

GM IC: Bloat - Parking District, New Atero. 

"Why don't I step aside?" He blubbered in disbelief, "Because it's my bloody ship. And you landlubbers can't pilot it." 

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Tesara Jail.

"Gremlins? The karz are you on about?" 

"Perhaps he's brain damaged?" The second guard suggested quietly.

"Hey, buddy?" The first guard banged his fist on the bars, "Are you brain damaged?"  

IC: Otho - Tesara Jail

Otho shook his head in annoyance. "No, I'm not brain damaged!"

He groaned and put his head against the bars. It was getting hard to talk with his headache, but he had to get out. "The Gremlins! When Makuta died, his evil didn't die with him! All that smoke and smog leaking out of the Chasm? That's the Gremlins; little leftovers of his evil that just damage equipment and ruin things! You gotta believe me!"

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Tesara Jail. 

"Is that true, sir?" 

"It absolutely isn't." 

"Oh. So what do we do?"

"I'm not sure. Hey you, crazy guy? Give us one good reason we should let you out of there." 

She didn't pay the lack of response any heed. They likely hadn't heard her. Besides that, a lot of male Skrall she had fought alongside were uncomfortable with the truth of her existence, and often did not know how to react to her magnificent visage. She descended the stairs.

"Very interesting!" she replied to Hakkzan. "It's a shame that the rest of the robot fell into the Chasm. Perhaps one day, we can attempt a recovery! There are some fearsome, fightable beasts within the pit as well. I have dealt with a few in my time!"

As they passed the being at the door, she said, "Thank you, citizen! Your efforts are appreciated."

~

"Mm. Maybe." He shrugged. "I don't have my work out while I walk there, which helps. I just try and stay within nudging distance of the guards."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Otho - Tesara Jail

Of course. More blind beings. They fail to see what's happening right in front of them. Whatever, that wasn't important. Otho needed to get to New Atero or bust.

"Listen, you should let me go because I am a great mechanic!" He pleaded. "I can help you!" 

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Tesara Jail. 

"Literally everyone says that," the higher ranking of the two grumbled, "And most of them don't mumble about gremlins." 

"Sir, perhaps we should just let him go," the second guard suggested, "Let him be someone else's problem."

"Hm, that's a brilliant idea. I'm so glad I thought of that." The first guard unlocked the door, gesturing grandly for Otho to leave, "Your stuff's in a pile over there. Don't let us catch you doing anything illegal again." 

"Mm. Maybe." He shrugged. "I don't have my work out while I walk there, which helps. I just try and stay within nudging distance of the guards."

IC: Karanta - Iron Fist

"Well, don't wander too far from me. I wonder if any other guards will come..." She muttered.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Peeling off her goggles one eye at a time, the sleep in her eyes was now fully visible.

"Just show me the best bed in the place, an'- uh, an' I'll take it."

IC: TV - Tesara

Mata Nui, the sun was bright. I got my fair share of sun in the ship, but it still surprised me how much stronger it felt with nothing between the two of us. The heat sure didn't help at all, that was certain.

Now that I had a cart full of Madu fruit, I was standing at the bottom of the ramp into the ship. The both of us started moving to the alleyway that led to the outside. I pushed it in front of me, careful not to bump or jostle it too much. Madu were temperamental, to say the least. But I knew how to handle them, and, more importantly, how to use them.

"Hopefully today doesn't come to that," I muttered as I left the shadow of the alley.

OOC: TV is OFI

IC: Taurek - In Pursuit

Even as I tried to dodge the blasts, I was unable to save myself completely.

One of the blasts hit the front of the vehicle, scorching the front and and blocking my view completely. The other blast burned the side of the vehicle. I could feel the vehicle beginning to slow.

In anger, I blindly shot out a few weaken disks, hoping to hit the enemy vehicle

Edited by QuIn

IC: Ezezko - New Atero Tower

Why did he have the feeling that this oft mentioned but never described servant had some sort of sinister plot relevance?

If others were talking he paid little attention, he hated discussions involving architecture and other people's accomplishments or good deeds or good times or really hearing anything other than, "here's your money," "remember so and so, they're dead," or maybe "I like you too." Except he hated that last one too. Interpersonal connection was salt and he a slimy slug.

As he stepped out the door so recently vacated by Big Red the Sandy sunlight hit him in the face like a thrown coffee mug, burning his eyes something fierce after the extensive time inside the gloomy tower.

...but close to it

IC: Ailun - Moa (Outside New Atero)

"Very well... captain." He grins as he leads her up the ladder to the grand Captain's Quarters... which really was just a room about twice as big as the others and an actual, albeit threadbare and lumpy, bed.

IC: Fifteen - Fe

As she returned to her home, Fifteen noticed the streets were abuzz with some sort of news. Everywhere she turned, someone was talking about "a grand expedition," "a rare opportunity," "Xaril himself," and "Cliffside." It suddenly clicked what that gathering in the Hangar was... around the Iron Fist, the most prestigious craft in all of Fe, and its pilot, Xaril himself.

Though she was officially off-duty and had planned to spend the evening tinkering with some odd mechanism or another, Fifteen turned back around the way she came. It was her duty to protect the interests of Fe, after all.

"Our mutual friend here," she gestured to Joe, "said you would be generous enough to loan it to us, so we intend to pilot it, with or without your help."

If Threiaa noticed Ailun's use of terms, she certainly didn't acknowledge it. Upon seeing the bed her eyes widened (as much as they could at the moment), and she unceremoniously walked up and fell face first into it. Yes, it was sort of lumpy, but the days Threiaa had a bed to sleep in were far and few between.

"Mffnoight." She mumbled past the mattress.

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

Kathok feels his nerves tighten, each a sharp line of exhilaration. He's prepared for the wild attack this time: the panicked spray of projectiles is combated with an unbridled corkscrew spin from Sunmaker. Kathok screams in ludicrous, chaotic elation while the world flips around him, once, twice, thrice. Despite his zeal, he has the perception to realise that a weakens disc has struck the back of his vehicle, no doubt making the metal more brittle and fatigued. In fact Kathok can feel a loss in power: one of the auxiliary thrusters must have been damaged, some of its jet exiting it in a less-than-linear fashion.

Kathok grabs the controls with savage brutality, returning the attack with yet another volley after a short intermission. He can't keep this up forever, but the danger is putting off annoyance or boredom.

Kathok

GM IC: Bloat - Parking District, New Atero. 

"That little weasel doesn't speak for me," Bloat grumbled back, angry bubbles momentarily filling the inside of his breathing helmet, "Everything he does ends in disaster, and I don't want any further part of it."

"One day, perhaps," Hakkzan agreed, smiling at the servant at the door before stepping out into the courtyard, "Alright, I'll see you all soon, out in the canyon. Good luck." 

GM IC: Silvana - Canyon.

Silvana kept her distance from the two combatants, content to let them fight it out for now. She could make out the dim shape of the canyon's far wall in the distance up ahead, still another ten minute's flight away, perhaps more at this current speed. If she could get away from this wide open area, she could probably find a way to lose these two in among the fissures and crevasses of the less stable plateaus up ahead. 

IC: Ailun - Moa (Outside New Atero)

He smiles and closes the door behind him as he leaves... and walks back into Erland. "Umm... did you want anything too?"

IC: Fifteen - Fe Hangar

She arrives back at the group she had seen, now much smaller as the others seemed to have moved on. She walks up to Xaril and snaps a crisp salute. "Guard Fifteen, reporting for duty," she says in a soft tone.

Another guard? Well, it was a better turnout than he'd been anticipating, and a welcome improvement on the weasel who'd stormed off whining a little earlier, "Welcome aboard," he got to his feet, "You're just in time." 

"Thank you, sir!"

She wondered about the experimental craft. It looked like at least one of her cohorts had caught on to Branar's statement about the ability of the ship, beyond its endurance. The ability itself wouldn't mean much for beings such as herself, but others, on the other hand...

She was glad that there were legal binds involved in not telling anyone. She would never dream of betraying her home like that, and no one capable of considering the consequences would do so besides that, but the assurance was nice. Though it did leave an odd feeling in her gut, that things were going to change if everything went to plan.

She shook it off. Well, New Atero was the best place for that technology, anyway. There wasn't much she could do about it if it wasn't. She saw the Skakdi was ahead of her, but the Matoran was beside her still. She said, "Are you all right, citizen? If the light bothers you so, I can stand alongside as we walk such that my mighty form shields the rays from your eyes."

~

"Thanks. I'll try." He took a seat and revealed his small device in his arm, immediately booting it up. "I'm not sure what Xaril's here for, but hopefully we'll be in Capstone most of the time. The stalls in there are usually good enough for finding scavenged parts."

• Upvote 1