Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Oh darlings, I simply adore shipping!...anyway.Does anypony have any favorite pony music videos (PMVs)?Hoofloose and DJ Amaya's remix of Winter Wrap Up are some of my favorites.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the new episode. Gotta admit, I sorta enjoy watching shippers scream in agony whenever a ship gets sunk. *Grabs popcorn and gets ready for the entertainment*

Now THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUTThat's about as much fun as watching Twi-hards defending the Twilight books. (No, not Twilight's books, the SERIES.)

It's been so long since I've been on a forum site, I forgot how to Banner.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Although, I think an equal amount of Chris Hemsworth will fix it.

The best ship is FRIENDship! *B'ricked*Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the new episode. Gotta admit, I sorta enjoy watching shippers scream in agony whenever a ship gets sunk. *Grabs popcorn and gets ready for the entertainment*

I laughed so hard at this.Yeah. I think I already gave my opinion on shipping. I don't mind it, but I personally don't ship characters.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Don't get me wrong. I ship plenty... in other series. I don't really ship in Ponies. It just... doesn't feel right. It's still entertaining to watch other fans rage over sunk ships, though. :3

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

I don't really ship in Ponies. It just... doesn't feel right.

Yeah, it is a bit weird to Ship Ponies... They just don't fit in the boxes right.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Yeah, it is a bit weird to Ship Ponies... They just don't fit in the boxes right.
And you have to make the airholes just the right size. To small, and they'll suffocate. To big, and they'll fall out! :o

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

And you have to make the airholes just the right size. To small, and they'll suffocate. To big, and they'll fall out! :o
Exactly! Someone knows my problems now!

Oh darlings, I simply adore shipping!...anyway.Does anypony have any favorite pony music videos (PMVs)?Hoofloose and DJ Amaya's remix of Winter Wrap Up are some of my favorites.

Pretty much anything by PinkiePieSwear I like, though specificly Sunshine and Celery Stalks.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Speaking of which, anyone else read Shipping and Handling?

Nah, but I've read "Fixing Miss Smartypants".Uhh... It was a little bit awkward.

Pretty much anything by PinkiePieSwear I like, though specifically Sunshine and Celery Stalks.
*specificallyAnd yes, totally this. Along with General Mumble (Poowis), d.notive, and... JackleApp. (Plus a bunch more, probably)As for my favorite PMV... I dunno, I don't think I've seen too many of them yet. The songs themselves are epic enough. :P-Skar

Haven't heard of those first two... Gonna hafta check them out!

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

things

more things
Shipping as in relationshipping as in realtionship speculating.Also like I said pony ships don't need dignity.
i very much dislike you.and let this end at that, because this topic is not about arguing over fanfiction types.
Yeah that's cool. Honestly I don't really care about your opinion on that, because whether you like me or not is irrelevant to this topic, but yeah, that's fine by me either way. :]I didn't say a single word about fanfiction, though.

The best ship is FRIENDship! *B'ricked*Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the new episode. Gotta admit, I sorta enjoy watching shippers scream in delight whenever a ship gets sunk. *Grabs popcorn and gets ready for the entertainment*

FTFYAnyways, I don't really read fanfiction of any kind, nor do I ship ponies in any manner that can be regarded as even remotely serious. I think I've said this before. (Not that anybody cares)

AXKP5KC.png

For PMVs and music in general, I would recommend PinkiePieSwear, Notacleverpony, Voodoopony, Jackleapp, Derpy Hooves, and Sogreatandpowerful.Also, if you're interested in vocal artists, you should totally check out Ilysabeth (she does a lot of pony-related song parodies and covers).EDIT: On the subject of shipping, I prefer to avoid it unless the author is especially talented or the shipping elements stay mostly in the background; Shipping and Handling, The Sweetie Chronicles: Fragments, and The Steadfast Sky are good examples of this.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the new episode. Gotta admit, I sorta enjoy watching shippers scream in agony whenever a ship gets sunk. *Grabs popcorn and gets ready for the entertainment*

heck yes. *brohoof*

things

more things
Shipping as in relationshipping as in realtionship speculating.Also like I said pony ships don't need dignity.
i very much dislike you.and let this end at that, because this topic is not about arguing over fanfiction types.
Yeah that's cool. Honestly I don't really care about your opinion on that, because whether you like me or not is irrelevant to this topic, but yeah, that's fine by me either way. :]I didn't say a single word about fanfiction, though.
shipping is a type of fanfiction.

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

heck yes. *brohoof*

things

more things
shipping is a type of fanfiction.
Shipping can mean more than just fanfiction. Saying "I think these characters have good chemistry" counts as shipping. You don't have to write or read fics portraying that ship to ship characters. Personally, I don't do much shipping of ponies, particularly not the mane six. But that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to this sure-to-be-shippy episode.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I only ship canon pairs. By which I mean Flutterdash.

This is one guy who knows what's up.(I agree with every word)
you, sir, have most angered me. as such, i challenge you to a CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!...what just happened to the post i made a few seconds ago?ok, something was wierd just then...never mind. Edited by Elder_Hau_of_Fire

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

Whilst on the subject of shipping:I don't actively ship, but I do approve of a few fan-shippings. Such as Flutterdash and Lyra/Bon-bon.On another side note, I don't ship Tavi and Scratch. But I do imagine them as friends.

Edited by Eeko
jlovfkk.jpg

On another side note, I don't ship Tavi and Scratch. But I do imagine them as friends.

How did this even become a viable ship anyways. It's like, the fandom saw two cool-looking, musically-themed characters with no relation to each other that only appeared for a few seconds each and decided they must be in lesbians?? At least Heartstrings/Bon-Bon makes a little sense.But hey shippers are weird that way. I guess.

AXKP5KC.png

On another side note, I don't ship Tavi and Scratch. But I do imagine them as friends.

How did this even become a viable ship anyways. It's like, the fandom saw two cool-looking, musically-themed characters with no relation to each other that only appeared for a few seconds each and decided they must be in lesbians?? At least Heartstrings/Bon-Bon makes a little sense.But hey shippers are weird that way. I guess.
I believe the main reason behind it, other than the music, is the apparent differences between the two.With Tavi being a classy pony, and Scratch being... well... Scratch.
jlovfkk.jpg

Blaaaarg, I really liked those new messenger bags up on welovefine, but they sold out and vanished before I could decide which one I wanted. Here's hoping they restock that style of bag soon, because I really like it, I just wasn't sold on any of the prints. I was leaning towards the Fluttershy one, but her eyes looked... wrong.Also having trouble deciding which tee to get when I have bonus cash. Thinking it's between Sweetie Bell Meh and Rainbow Dash Radicalness.It's a dilemma, because I love Sweetie Bell, but I also love the word "rad."

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Opposing personalities make for interesting and often adorable ships.read: Flutterdash

Personally I was never fan of the "opposites attract" type shipping. Sometimes I think the two characters' conflicting personalities would make a relationship impossible. This is why I don't like Twixie or Raridash and the like (admittedly I don't have a position on the Octavia and DJ P0N-3 ship mainly because they've gotten so little screen time we don't know much about their character). I personally think Appledash is a more plausible ship. Besides everybody knows if you want to make anything adorable, you just add Fluttershy am I right?Edit: To be fair I've never shipped ponies or any characters for that matter. I don't think I could ship character A and character B if my life depended on it. But I've way more unlikely ships in my experience (i.e. Draco Malfoy and Hermonie [yuck!] and I'm looking for a HarryxVoldemort fic). When it comes to gifts I use priority flat rate boxes if it fits it ships :P. Edited by muharax makuta of insanity

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Just watched the new episode. It was enjoyable.

Biggest surprise right near the beginning was Derpy mentioned by name, and given a speaking role. How radical! But of course I'm sure it won't upset too many people. :PThe plot of the episode seemed quite reasonable. It might seem a bit far-fetched for Applejack to be portrayed as so dishonest, but in fact I think it reflects a somewhat misguided attempt at being honest by attempting to keep a promise she had made (to provide money to fix town hall) instead of making excuses for why she couldn't.The I Love Lucy reference was of course hilarious, especially as rather than just a scene-for-scene replication it was made to fit the context of the episode (in this case, a way of showing Applejack's frustration by having her run faster and faster without paying attention to her surroundings).Anyone pick up on any other references in the episode?

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Spoiler: Derpy hooves is ditsy doos cannon name now and she got lines!!!!!!!! Epic!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

That episode was perfect. Especially Pinkie's babbling.

Opposing personalities make for interesting and often adorable ships.read: Flutterdash

Personally I was never fan of the "opposites attract" type shipping. Sometimes I think the two characters' conflicting personalities would make a relationship impossible. This is why I don't like Twixie or Raridash and the like (admittedly I don't have a position on the Octavia and DJ P0N-3 ship mainly because they've gotten so little screen time we don't know much about their character). I personally think Appledash is a more plausible ship. Besides everybody knows if you want to make anything adorable, you just add Fluttershy am I right?
It depends greatly on how the two view each other, though. Dash and Fluttershy's differences don't seem to push the other away at all and play off each other well. Plus it's established canon. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg