Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

My sister knows, and actually likes the show herself. She's actually watched the show in front of Mom and Dad, but they don't mind because my sister...well, she's kind of nuts anyways.They don't know about me watching it though, and I'm not exactly keen on telling them. However, my sister keeps egging me on, and it's getting kind of annoying.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I hint at it frequently, but no one seems to catch on :PWhen I told everyone in the room that I was the greatest flyer in Cloudsdale they all looked at me like I was some kind of freak :lol:

Obviously they were appalled that you would pretend to be a better flyer than Rainbow Dash. Everyone know's she's the best flyer ever to come out of Cloudsdale. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, my six- and eight-year-old sisters got me into the show. And when I watch the show I'm either cooking or washing dishes while my sisters are specifically sitting before the television. But that's really the only time I ever watch television, anyway. So, to answer the question, I don't think anyone really knows how much I enjoy the show. But my elder brother and even my parents watch it sometimes. In fact, my father likes it more than my mom. It's a strange world I live in, ridden with magical ponies and magical robots and semi-magical people and magical half-bagels.Any thoughts or hopes re what the next season will bring? Do you expect something like "The Return of Harmony"?Personally I'd like to see an episode centering more around Spike and Rarity--or "Sparity," if that's the term. Moreover I'd very much like to see Daring Do return.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Nothing can beat Discord except for more Discord. Well, the Changelings cut it close, but seriously, Discord beats all. They've really given it all for openers and finales, so I'm excited how they'll top what we've seen so far.As for my parents and the show, they really like it. My dad's so much of a fan he got upset when he found out they changed Derpy in The Last Roundup (please don't start that discussion again).Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Yay, the conversation we seem to have every two pages. <_< My family doesn't know, I don't care to tell them, end of story.Anywho, I just discovered "Epic Wub Time" today. Very funny, yet also self-aware at the same time. ^_^ Of course, I can't imagine how many complaints they got just for making Vinyl's eyes magenta.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

There's an official one? The one I have always used was on an unmentionable art site (at least I think it is, so I'll leave it at that) But I do like the pony. He has a nice mane? Oh and the full version of "Love is in Bloom" is now up. Just listened to it, and I must say i was pretty good, if still a little shorter than I would've liked.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

My brothers (Akano: ToE and KopakaKurahk) are total nerds, geeks and goofballs. We dork out about a bunch of different stuff (voice actors, animation, Lego, etc).Our parents weren't really like that as kids, so they think we're just giant geeks (which we pretty much are. XP).

I am Akano, and I approve this post.

Gosh why do we have Bionicle voice actors in mlp?! I'm not mad, but this is illogical!!!!!!!! Nghgnghgnhn!!!!! *head explodes**sigh* sorry, though it's cool how we have Bionicle vas in this show!

The reason is because both productions happen to hire voice actors from Ocean Productions, so we get a lovely overlap of voices in both franchises. So, it is quite logical from that standpoint. :Pakanohi.png

Akano's Comics
BZP's resident "MOO" obsesser. My Blag.
"Quality trumps potential every single time. Why? Because all potential means is that you might become great. Quality means that you already are." -Kahinuva
We are the Order of Absolutely Crazy People. Sometimes, that's all it takes.
My stories: Inventor of Metru Nui, My Transformation, My Transformation Part II, Inventor of Metru Nui Rewritten
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

Pinkie Watches Paint DryHilarious fanfic.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, it's happy-making that DeLancie flat-out said that he did voice Discord.He could've lied or misheard the question, but hey, if it is, that's awesome.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Personally, if Discord returns I'd hope for it to be in a flashback. I don't want to see a repeat of Return of Harmony, where Discord is just released and sealed back up again after some mischief. Rather, it'd be interesting to get some of Celestia and Luna's backstory, which fans tend to speculate endlessly on. I'm thinking something like Cutie Mark Chronicles, where the princesses tell their story to the Mane Six and the Mane Six find a way to relate it to their own friendships.I don't know how well that would work as a season opener, though, particularly as a two-parter. But then again, we have no idea whether or not DeLancie's next voice role is in the season opener or not.

If Discord returns, I don't think that necessarily is indicative of a Return of Harmony rehash. I have enough faith in the writers' abilities to make a Discord return more interesting than a blatant, lazy recycling of that two-parter.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Naw, it's going to be the pilot of My Little Discord: Chaos is Magic.;)

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Naw, it's going to be the pilot of My Little Discord: Chaos is Magic.

THE. BEST. POSSIBLE. THING. Edited by Ballistic Jello Pickles

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

I'd love to see another epic Discord episode, but the way John De Lancie described it (something like "I went back in to do more voice work for another episode"), I'm almost wondering whether it might be more of a flashback voice role with only a few lines, rather than a major role. Nothing he said outright implies a full Discord-centric episode.Of course, at this point we have no clue, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.EDIT:

*Peeks in*I guess I'm a Pegasister?

Welcome to the herd! :D~ (A VTOAHMKEARH) Edited by Avohkah Tamer

My Little Discord, My Little DiscordAah, aah, aah, aah,My Little Discord!I used to wonder what chaos could be (My Little Discord)Until you all shared its madness with me!Cotton candySoapy roadsDay and nightScrewed up and weirdCrazy poniesIt's an easy featAnd chocolate rain makes it all complete, yeah!My Little Discord,Do you know you're all my very worst enemies?

19704_s.gif

Maybe he's not voicing Discord?

That's just what Discord would want us to think! :PIf he does voice Discord, then I agree a flashback episode would be cool. Perhaps an episode about the origins of the Elements of Harmony?But I wouldn't mind a new Discord adventure so long as it's original. Nor would I mind it if he were to voice a new character.On a side note, Tahu is best pony. [/blatantadvertising] Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I'd love to see another epic Discord episode, but the way John De Lancie described it (something like "I went back in to do more voice work for another episode"), I'm almost wondering whether it might be more of a flashback voice role with only a few lines, rather than a major role. Nothing he said outright implies a full Discord-centric episode.Of course, at this point we have no clue, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility.EDIT:

*Peeks in*I guess I'm a Pegasister?

Welcome to the herd! :biggrin:~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)
No indication of whether or not it's Discord, but I'm about 99% sure that he said somewhere it will be a significant role.
«Takuma Nuva»

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

As much as i love discord, it's too early for him to be release again, maybe it can be a flashback or an episode about Celestia's and Luna's past and how discord got into the picture and the elements.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Pinkie Watches Paint DryHilarious fanfic.

I read that one too, though I thought it was extremely out of character for Pinkie. Pinkie's a baker and bakers work with cake all the time. Sometimes you screw up and break a plate, or the cake collapses and you have to throw it out. There's a mentality in that line of work where "It's just a cake" or "no crying over spilled milk" is important. That aspect really bugged me. =/ Still, it did have its moments, and some of Pinkie's thoughts were pretty good (I loved the acronym XD).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I really doubt that they'd get in John De Lancie for just a cameo in a flashback. It seems kinda unbelievable they'd pay him for just a minor role like that. Nah, I reckon that given Discord's popularity, the writers want to make him a recurring villain fast, which I don't really have a problem with, given I'm in love with John's voice. ...What? Don't pretend you're not as well. :P

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I read that one too, though I thought it was extremely out of character for Pinkie. Pinkie's a baker and bakers work with cake all the time. Sometimes you screw up and break a plate, or the cake collapses and you have to throw it out. There's a mentality in that line of work where "It's just a cake" or "no crying over spilled milk" is important. That aspect really bugged me. =/ Still, it did have its moments, and some of Pinkie's thoughts were pretty good (I loved the acronym XD).

To me, it was as out of character as Party of One. :PEdits: Bravo vs. Ponyville is quickly becoming one of my favorite fancomics. Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

So I have a question. Can anyone recommend me any fan-made songs that are a lot like the songs in the show? I'm talking...

• [*]Good voice acting to match the characters who are supposed to be singing[*]Musical-theater style, from the point of view of the characters singing[*]Nothing terribly out-of-character (like over-the-top shipping)

Yeah, that's probably a bit specific. But now that we're in a hiatus between new episodes, I'd like to get into some of the fan stuff that I haven't really paid any attention to so far, like music and flash videos. But I still think I'd enjoy it best if it has those characteristics I really like in the "official" show.

I don't actually listen to fan-made songs/music, so I'm not much help.Since we're asking questions, anypony know where I can find a Chrysalis/Evil Cadance banner that fits the requirements of a sig on here?

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

An interesting tibet. I picked up that TRU-exclusive 12 pack of the blind bag ponies a few weeks ago (rather satisfied with it, I've had two Atlantis Minifigs recoiling in horror sitting nearby as well), and I did notice that the tradional blind bag ponies are readily available there by now as well. I even saw a box of them sitting near a LEGO Minifigures box at the front help desk.So if those things are good enough for you, go ahead and spend some money at Toys R Us that isn't LEGO sets being charged slightly extra because of what I call the "Toys R Us Tax" (though the blind bags might be under the tax too, I won't know until I spot the things at a Target or Wall Mart).

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

So when I was watching the Kentucky Derby this weekend it made me realize how incredibly normal pony names sound compared to the names of many real horses. Food for thought.