Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC Katrin Nuva - Kini-Koro:

"I-agh! I dunno. I kinda went all out earlier." The young Toa of Fire winced, managing with great effort to sit up. "I used a.... well... I used a technique I'm not supposed to use unless it's really important. Guess it has a heck of a drawback, huh?"

Those observing Kat might note that her body seemed to be sagging slightly.

@Tarn@Sparticus147@BULiK@Onaku

• Like 3

IC: Arkius - Kini-Koro

Finally, a handful of medics arrived at the scene carrying stretchers. One of them knelt by Arkius, looking him over. Nodding to the other medics, they and a couple of the guards worked together, lifting his unconscious body onto the stretcher, before they started making their way to Kini-Koro.

@Tarn@The UltimoScorp@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC, Whira: Kumu Islets

"We were talking about other locations of interest nearby," said Whira. "If you know of anything else out of the ordinary around here, then please, take us to them. If there's nothing else here for us, then you can take us south."

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

A Vahki walked into Aurax's workshop. "Barraki Aurax, Xaril and guests are in the Coliseum," it said. Aurax put down his tools and hopped into his ACR. "Go ahead and show them to the throne room when they get up here," he said. He walked out and headed to the throne room, while the Vahki went to go fetch Xaril and the others.

Aurax sat down on the throne and pulled out his tablet. He started flipping through various blueprints to amuse himself while he waited.

Meanwhile, Xaril had no time to react to Tuyet's comment as a Vahki approached them. "Barraki Aurax will see you now. Please follow me." The Vahki ushered the trio into the throne room.

When the doors opened, Aurax looked up from his tablet. "Well Xaril, I'm glad to see you back, but I didn't expect you to bring guests with you. So, what do you have to report?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @BULiK @Eyru

IC, Kohara: Kini-Nui

Kohara stepped out of the portal to the Far Shore, and promptly fell down, exhausted. After a few labored breaths, she stood up, and took a moment to examine herself. Her body was slightly changed- she could tell her armor was now more durable. However, she was still injured. She would need to go to the village's hospital. In her hands was a staff. She wasn't sure if it had any powers.

The Toa looked at Nuju. "No Makoki stone," she said sadly. She began walking away, but then heard a loud growl coming from behind her. She turned and saw a head emerging from the Far Shore portal. It was followed by a neck, limbs, and a full body. It was a muaka.

Kohara grimaced and stood ready to defend herself. Strangely, the muaka did not attack. It actually sat on its haunches and stared at her. Like it wanted something. Taking out the staff, Kohara pointed it at the big cat. It didn't react. She got closer, and poked it with the staff. The muaka blinked, and then began to groom itself.

Kohara squinted, confused as to why the Rahi was acting strangely. She began to back up, and when she got a certain distance away, the muaka looked at her and then moved towards her. She stopped, and it stopped as well. 

It seems to be following me, she thought to herself. She walked over to it again, and reached out a hand. The muaka sniffed it, and proceeded to put its forehead under her palm. Kohara patted its head, and the big cat began to purr. 

"Seems like I've made a new friend", she said aloud. She turned around and began to head to the hospital. She could hear the muaka following her.

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

"Well Xaril, I'm glad to see you back, but I didn't expect you to bring guests with you. So, what do you have to report?"

IC: Xaril - Coliseum

"Greetings, Barraki Aurax," Xaril offered a slight bow, before continuing. "I believe I've found a viable location for us to relocate our citizens to. An entire abandoned city sector has sprung up out of the sands of the mainland. There's stable structures, even the remnant of an old chute system. With the resources we still have left to us, I believe it would be easier for us to refurbish and rebuild there than start over from scratch somewhere else." 

He offered the handful of papers he'd taken from the Knowledge Tower, "There were several Knowledge Towers in the city, with notes left abandoned. I can't decipher any of it, but perhaps someone else in Metru Nui might be able to glean something of us from this." 

@~Xemnas~ @BULiK @Eyru

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui - Earth Bunker:

Scanning Malhukuraia. Capabilities unknown. Mech is still best chance of combatting kaiju.

This mech does seem suitable for combat against kaiju,” the machine observed. “Does mech only require one pilot to function?”

The abstract-sized robot turned back to the sealed bunker. “Regarding sacrifice: sacrifice requires the loss of resources. If sacrifice can be avoided, resources will be conserved. That is efficient. This unit will avoid sacrifice when possible.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Irna | Kumu Landbridge

Irna leaned over, taking Keitara's face in her hands and planting a kiss on her forehead.

"So shall you bot-- you all," she replied, giving a sidelong glance and a wry smirk over at Sko and Orm. She hauled herself out of the side window of the Muaka, hanging outside of the crawler by the window frame. "I won't be long."

And with that, she dropped down, and was lost to the foliage below.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

The Councilor hesitated, could … could he trust Ulkarr? His argument was … it was persuasive, but most of the Aspect’s arguments was Kanohi filling in the blanks. Did that might it more or less compelling? That he could find evidence for Stannis being connected to the Aspects, even without input? Or did it show how little Ulkarr knew? Was it good if he did not know much on the subject?

Could he trust this Aspect with a gift from Stannis? Would Stannis instantly know when Ulkarr touched it? Would he be mad? Should he wait to check with NU first? But this wasn’t about Tobduk-Koro, this … this was up to Kanohi, wasn’t it?

Finally after what felt like hours of debate, he said, “Please do not destroy it, and if you can, try not to touch it, I-in case Stannis will know.” And then he pulled the necklace off of his nevk, and held it out for Ulkarr to inspect.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - The Suva of Fire

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran had trekked on through the volcanic ground, her feet adapted into pads that weathered the ground with ease. Her torso had changed slightly, some of the gears in her body growing into fans, cooling her body even beyond her adaption to heat. She waddled through the wall of heat, still experimenting with the Flame Sword.

Incredible, that such a weapon existed. A weapon that any Matoran could harness. Unless she had adapted to use it, of course. But then surely she would be able to use her mask too. No, the power Vokarda granted her did not let her adapt to use any tools, Ollem could use this blade as easily as she could, she knew it.

Finally the pair of Matoran green close to the Great Telescope. She paused, she could still feel the Fire Suva in her mind, she was not out of range. If she needed the Crystal Blade, it was not lost to her yet. And as she walked forward, she spotted someone other than Kas waiting for her. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Minion Avka - Ruins of Stone

Avka winced they weren’t shady, they were powerful. It’s just … to use their great powers to their fullest meant they would blend in. It wasn’t cowardice, just … power.

Nonetheless, the Skakdi was right. Guarding it … the portal was more important, making sure no one got through. The idea of being able to bring the Rain Demon to its knees was tempting, but they … they would focus on this for now.

Finally they answered her, “R-Right. I-I, you can ch-channel your element through those gloves right? I can fight at a range, I can hang back and blast invaders to k-keep them off you.” They were powerful after all, a Great Matoran. They held not one but two elements. Though at that thought they added, “M-my light bolts are infused with the element of Fire, so be aware it could cause fires.” They did not want an enraged Skakdi to attack them. For the sake of the Skakdi, of course, 

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC Minion Bode - Fields of Tobduk-Koro

Bode nodded, though closed his eyes. Then he said, “Master, I can hear guards talking about the portal network. Since most guards will be watching the portal, should I listen for invaders on this side of the village? Just in case there is an ambush?

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Throne Room

So this was the new Barraki, huh? Exuze didn't want to cause an incident, and so he just stood behind Xaril and looked around the room absentmindedly. They wanted to leave Metru-Nui? That explained why the Leaguer was nearby, Exuze supposed.

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

8 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Oreius | Kini-Nui

"What now?"

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"We should probably return to the village and see what commotion is afoot," the wizard said, giving a squinted look at the settlement and realizing there was some decidedly raucous happenings transpiring. "Afterward... Whisper, you will likely want to go to the Kumu Peninsula, as I think you'll find further answers that you seek there. Tonight, I will be entering the Far Shore. Have you heard of it, once-brother?"

@Eyru @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Ostrox and NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Practice

NU-8020S briefly considered firing her Staffs of Presence into the air and calling that 'practice'. Ultimately however, it wasn’t worth the energy.

Ostrox glanced at a watch he didn’t have. As much as he enjoyed seeing Toa in pain, he didn’t have time for this.

@Snelly@Onaku@The UltimoScorp@Sparticus147@BULiK@Tarn

IC: Ulkarr (Tobduk-Koro, Telepathic Link) - This Does Not Constitute as Touching

If you feel it is necessary, then do so.

Turning his attention away from Bode and towards Kanohi, Ulkarr outstretched his hand, and small tendrils of shadows came from it. Wisps of darkness in the air slowly crept their way into the necklace itself...

@Harvali@EmperorWhenua

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Electro Rocket Launcher) - Heavy Metal

"Uh, yeah. Let me just go and get another rocket."

Navu headed back to the armoury with the key. She would return, lugging around the replacement electro rocket.

@BULiK

IC: Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Shock and Awe

"Right. Just be sure to stand back if unfriendly faces pop through, yeah?"

Enra fiddled with her Shock Gauntlets, though truth be told she didn’t really know what she was doing with them.

@Harvali

• Like 3

IC Kanohi's Pendant | Tobduk-Koro

From the outside observer's perspective, the necklace consisted of nothing more than a diamond-shaped piece of green semiprecious stone—jade, by the looks of it. It glowed slightly under the sun's rays as if it were at least somewhat transparent, the way someone would expect a partially phosphorescent trinket to glow, but otherwise seemed mostly ordinary. That changed when Ulkarr interacted it with his shadow elemental energy; suddenly, the jade device glowed a stronger green in response to Ulkarr's interloping... and then died back down again. But was it the diadem or Ulkarr that had stirred it to such liveliness? 

What had seemed like an alien artefact to Kanohi's external senses struck Ulkarr quite the opposite. For the self-righteous Aspect of Makuta, the little stone trinket was familiar. It did not contain a mystery anymore, it contained a presence of someone very much like him, only a fraction but nevertheless powerful enough to be aware. It had reacted to his surgical analysis and then backed away, the same way a sleeping animal springs to alertness at the detection of a sound and then settles back into a slumber once it realizes the sound came from one of its own kind. But with such a cursory glance, it was not sure who it truly was, who's presence was inside the relic. Would he continue to pry, or let the matter be settled?

@Harvali @Toru Nui

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

"Oh yeah? Well done, Xaril. I'll make plans for the move right away, and you and I will have a chat about a reward or a promotion," said Aurax. He waved his hand to Saybo, who was cowering behind the throne. Saybo meekly walked up to Xaril and took the papers from him, and then walked back to Aurax's side.

Aurax gestured to the two beings behind the titan. "But first I want to know, why did you bring these two with you?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @BULiK @Eyru

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 2

IC: Xaril - Coliseum

"The Toa, Tuyet, was found in one off the structures inside the ruins, badly wounded. The other being was treating her injuries. I figured they might have information of use."

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Throne Room

Exuze looked from Xaril to Aurax. When the titan mentioned him, the Lesterin raised his right hand nervously and did a slight wave.

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Kini-Nui - One of the Bunkers

With - Kilo, Atamai, Sidra

The Silver Toa NUVA had disappeared with a few words and some kind of power. With a sound that could be felt more than heard, a gleaming giant strode over to them. It was easily at least 10 Toa tall, maybe taller. It was made of metal and glass, all browns with red highlights. It cut an extremely imposing figure, its six eyes glaring down at everyone assembled at the bunker.

And then it spoke, voice booming, declaring that the mech was Malhukuraia.

Sorilax quickly created a hardlight table and pulled out one of his scrolls. He knew next to nothing about whatever NUVA was, but this Kaita Mech needed to be written down and recorded. It was nowhere near the size of a Tahtorak, but it was well on its way. It was so intriguing, especially with how the light played with the glass elements in its construction.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Oops, forgot to remove a description I pulled from a profile for quick reference.
  • Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

15 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui - Earth Bunker:

Does mech only require one pilot to function?” The abstract-sized robot turned back to the sealed bunker. “Regarding sacrifice: sacrifice requires the loss of resources. If sacrifice can be avoided, resources will be conserved. That is efficient. This unit will avoid sacrifice when possible.”

8 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Sorilax quickly created a hardlight table and pulled out one of his scrolls. He knew next to nothing about whatever NUVA was, but this Kaita Mech needed to be written down and recorded. It was nowhere near the size of a Tahtorak, but it was well on its way. It was so intriguing, especially with how the light played with the glass elements in its construction.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"It requires a NUVA to function. But it can seat three, the more people the mech has on board, the more powers it can use," Sidra replied. She chose not to respond to the robot's other remark; she was beginning to realise there was no reasoning with programming. If the droid wasn't going to open the door itself, then it could go without a mech. 

Noting that Sorilax had joined the group, Sidra turned towards him. "We have one of these, by the way. You can study it all you want when we get back."

@Kal the Guardian @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

Sorilax was working on a quick, rough sketch of the imposing mech as Sidra turned to him, “We do? Hummm, very interesting. I hope they are enough of a defense to keep this island safe. They are not quite as tall as Tahtoraks, but far more restrained in demeanor. I would quite like to be able to observe and document these creations, though I fear time may not permit me to.

He finished up his sketch and let the ink start drying as he continued talking with Sidra, “Sala has still not returned as of yet. Are you engaged with the actions taking place here, or would it be quite alright if we returned to Le-Metru Nuva posthaste?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360

• Like 3

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro (Earth Portal)

She pulled her hand away, Kat's response snapping her out of the moment and bringing her attention to what she was doing. Nale turned back to the Toa of Fire. "Katrin, you...you look like you're melting," she said, looking over her and the others. "What happened to you all...?"

The medics arrived to take care of the group, with Arkius being the first to be carried away. Nale looked to Knichou. "I should probably go with them. I want to know more about what happened, and I want to be able to speak with Arkius once he's recovered."

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro (Earth Portal)

Jutori was also loaded onto a stretcher to be taken to Kini-Koro proper, his optics flickering as he slipped between conscious and unconscious.

@BULiK@Sparticus147@The UltimoScorp@Onaku

IC: Rose (MC) - Kini-Koro/The Taku

Rose was already halfway up the ramp before Skyra could finish. "Good, I can get an idea of what I'm working with here. How many guns are on this bird?"

@Snelly

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Lakeside

"Yes, help them take him to any doctors nearby," Knichou agreed, his regret for encouraging Triage's request to go perform humanitarian research visibly compounding by the second. "I'll deal with the boring details here and catch you up later," the engineer continued, pointing a thumb towards the village's leader and a nearby impatient Mantaxian. Something told Knichou that Vulimai would want to have a word with him about Skyra's test firing.

As the matoran picked up Arkius's stretcher and Nale turned to follow them, Knichou looked at their path and reached out his arm, concentrating on the spaces between space. The golden carvings on his crimson kanohi began to glow, almost as if there was a mix of lighting and flames flowing through the reliefs like a conduit.

Sheets. Riveted. Frame. Welded. Handles. Curved. Grease. Lathered. Tube. Rolled. Spokes. Inserted. Rubber. Vulcanized. Springs. Coiled.

In front of the guardsmen shimmered into being a four-wheeled metal cart with basic suspension and inflated tires. At the front extended bars with handles that could make the contraption be easily pushed or pulled along. The matoran looked behind them in amazement at the spectacle, then quickly refocused on setting Arkius's stretcher inside the large bed of the wagon. Some matoran embarked, sitting on the simplistic benches to either side of the cart and inspecting the Onu-Toa's wounds.

"If it starts to look worse or they doctors need something built to help him... let me know," Knichou said, tapping the side of his Kanohi near one of his audio receptors. The ex-Ghost was going to turn back to Vulimai, but stopped mid-movement. Perhaps 'if it starts to look worse' wasn't the best thing to say before they wheeled off their former partner in crime. He looked back to Nale with a hopeful yet serious gaze, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder in an attempt to inspire reassurance. "We both know he's been through worse and come out just as strong as before. We won't be losing any friends today."

"Now go, they'll need your help," Knichou said, his hand letting go and giving a slight wave goodbye.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

IC: Tueyet | Aurax's Throne Room

"Totally," Tuyet said. "Lots of information. But first, I'm kinda in the middle of keeping the multiverse from like, falling apart. Any chance you can give me a hand with that?"

IC: The Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

"Hmm," the rock rumbled thoughtfully.  "There's some graffiti someone scratched on the wall over there. I wish I could draw, but I don't have any hands..."

It trailed off gloomily, then seemed to perk up. "Anyway, want to see it?"

IC: Reliable Narrator | Spiriah's Labyrinth

The tunnels seemed endless. The Mesi moved at a relentless pace, scurrying through the lightless passageways without the need for lights or maps. Only Arkius's earth sense kept him from bashing his head on the low ceilings or outcroppings of rock. As it was, he struggled to keep his footing, jogging hunched over with his hands cuffed behind his back. Any time he slowed even slightly, the Mesi behind him would poke at his back with the spear, reminding him to keep up.

Gradually, he began to sense the presence of more beings ahead, walking over the earth. The Mesi poured out of the tunnel into a more open cavern. Arkius could sense hut-like structures made of earth all around him. It was an underground village. But the Mesi didn't stop here. They continued moving, into another tunnel, and soon the village far behind them. The tunnel split, then split again. Each time, the Mesi chose their path unflinchingly and without a hint of uncertainty. Left, right, right, center, left... Arkius tried to keep track of which tunnel branches they chose, but was forced eventually to give up. The labyrinth was too complex to memorize on his first journey through it. The Mesi only moved as swiftly and certainly as they did because they had all grown up here. They had traversed these tunnels thousands of times, learning the twists and turns and junctions until they could walk them backwards.

Just when the Toa, his legs burning and lungs heaving, was wondering if they would ever stop moving, the pace slowed. He could sense more beings ahead. They finally stopped. One of the Mesi in his group spoke to the new Mesi. Their strange tongue sounded like waves lapping against the shore, and Arkius's ears could discern no meaning in it. But evidently the other Mesi was satisfied, because they began to move again. They passed through a narrow tunnel that was even more cramped than the ones they had raced through earlier. Even to the blind Arkius, this tunnel seemed darker, like it was shrouded in shadows that extended beyond sight. The darkness here felt almost physical, draping itself over his limbs like sheets of black silk. It dulled all his senses, even his earth sense, until it felt like he was stumbling through a dream.

Then the tunnel opened into another cavern, and he felt something in its center. It was a stony pit dug into the earth, wide and deep. No matter how far Arkius pushed his elemental senses, he could not discern the bottom. It seemed endless. He didn’t need sight to feel the great power living deep inside the pit. He somehow knew not to fall into the pit—he would be lost forever if he did. As he stumbled into the cave, the Mesi who had brought him here retreated. He was alone, or almost alone. A new voice spoke. Arkius could sense the speaker standing on the ground nearby. Curiously, this Mesi carried themselves on all fours. Although the voice came from their mouth, it seemed too big for their body. The voice was deep and hoarse, like the earth itself had found a way to talk to him.

"Speak," the voice said.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Nato the Traveler @BULiK @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui @Onaku

IC: Oreius | Kini-Nui

"Briefly," Oreius said. "Enough not to trust it."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC: Taja | The Desert

As the sun began to climb into the sky again, Taja decided it was time rest. She didn't like the thought of travelling in the heat of the day, and she was tired after walking all night. So she raised a hand and twisted her shadow, which stretched long and dark against the sandy earth, into the shape of a broad shovel. At her command, her shadow began to excavate a shelter, one heaping pile of dirt at a time. After a few minutes, she had a foxhole in which she could curl up and sleep, sheltered from the sun's rays.

Lying back against the cool earth, Taja closed her eyes and reached out with her senses. The sun was bright today, with only a few clouds to filter its light. If anyone walked up on her, she would surely sense their shadow and wake up.

• Like 5

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira, Tekmo, Rock Rahi

"NO, nonono, it’ll take more than just... whatever that was to kill me... what are we doing again?" The Toa was back peddling faster than a Skakdi bicyclist who accidentally took a wrong alley in the Rig.

A shame the Toa wasn’t dying, but still, the opportunity to exploit his friends was now back on the table. Cravious rolled his optics at the question, a look of unamusement on his gaunt looking face, “We wait for Whira’s decision on where to let this Rahi lead us. If there actually are secrets here that lead to more power, then finding pure energized protodermis can wait.

The Rock Rahi responded to Whira’s restatement of her question. Cravious inclined his head to the conversation with the Rahi, indicating that Whira’s next words would mark their path forward.

OOC: @Toru Nui @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

• Like 2

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai said nothing for a bit, and then spoke up. "Kilo, what would happen if my mech and Sidra's were put out of commission? Then the only one we could rely on would be yours. But you refuse to release it without sacrificing yourself. It's not a vain sacrifice. As I said, you'll be revived, and you'll get your full powers back once you get into the mech. So in a way, it's not much of a sacrifice at all."

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Graffiti? A Taboo? Whira wondered. "Very well, take us to the graffiti," she said to the rock.

"Is that so, Tuyet?" Aurax asked. "I'd be inclined to offer you help... if you give me a taste of what you have to offer. Tell me something valuable, and we'll see about helping you."

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

"Sala has still not returned as of yet. Are you engaged with the actions taking place here, or would it be quite alright if we returned to Le-Metru Nuva posthaste?

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"That depends, do you have any use for energised protodermis?" Sidra asked. "If robo-bro here mans up, you might have a chance to get some of the pure stuff." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

Watching the guard take off the injured Toa and Nale coming after them, Vulimai watched them for a few seconds concerned, before meeting Knichou, the only one's remaining now being him, herself, and Ostrox. Thankfully, there was no need to find an 'office'.

"Toa Knichou, glad of you to stay and I thank you for your swift arrival. I..I mean we." Vulimai said, gesturing towards Ostrox. "Have information we need to share. I am under the impression Toa Nale was informed of this, but I do not know if she had told you. It would make things easier if she had. Knichou..." This was serious, if there was anything that told Knichou that this was serious, it was the fact that Vulimai had broke professionalism and simply called him Knichou and not Toa.

"We have another threat to be concerned about, one potentially more significant than Aurax or even the Tahtorak. Mata-Nui. It seems his influence may still remain, and not for the better of all Matoran-kind, let alone any kind."

OOC: @BULiK @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC Katrin Nuva - Kini Koro:

"Melting...?" She looked down at her arms and sure enough, the machnical parts of her body sagged as if the metal had been held in a forge.

"That explains it."

Kat was helped up to her feet and onto a stretcher of her own.

On the way, she helpfully explained the situation once more to Nale, including the adventure to the ruins, the puzzles, and of course, the fight that had happened deep within the earth. The strange spear that had split the Toa of Earth in twain, and the strange otherworldly transformation that she'd caught only a glimpse of, and a taste of herself.

"I don't really know what the NUVA thing means, but it fixed Kilo right up! I just.... I just hope it doesn't mean him or I will start being more like Arkius was, y'know?"

@Tarn

• Like 4

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Lakeside

"Of course Nale told me about Mazor's ramblings of Mata Nui. You've probably noticed that we chat quite often and this isn't the type of thing anyone forgets to mention," Knichou answered with an undertone of condescension in his voice. Of course Nale told him, did Vulimai really think she would have kept a secret this important from her closest comrade? Knichou was honestly surprised this issue hadn't come up before in their various meetings together - was Vulimai this far behind on the times? "Though, I'll admit, I hadn't learned that he was actually an Aspect until earlier today," the Fe-Toa added.

"But what do you mean his 'influence' is still around? What the Karzahni makes you think he's still alive? My intuition says that he hasn't been doing any influencing since, y'know, he got decapitated and all when we crashed on this rock. Few more months and even his skull will be fish food."

~~~

On the upper deck of the Taku, Arnex took the electro-rocket from Navu.

"I got to fire it, makes sense that I should be the one doing the cleanup."

The Onu-Matoran carefully slotted the rocket into the empty barrel of one of the launchers until it gave a satisfying click indicating it was securely mounted.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Sorilax rolled up his scroll and returned it to the right side of his backpack, his shadow lizard poking open an optic to stare at the movement for a moment before settling back into place. He dismissed the hardlight table with no outward movement and with nary a thought.

Sidra’s news of a source of pure EP was verily a welcome bit of information, “Actually, it just so happens that I could use pure energized protodermis. Due to the change in my nature as an Aspect, other changes occurred in a couple of my Taboos as well. Chief among them being a shift in the fundamental nature of any Rahkshi I create. Instead of being vicious, unruly murder beasts, I am able to create Rahkshi that adhere to my moral code, seeking not to harm for some sadistic enjoyment, but to protect those not able to defend themselves, such as most of the inhabitants of Le-Metru Nuva.

Sorilax looked at Kilo, then to Malhukuraia, “If these mechs can seat three beings at once, is the output power stronger than if just one being were in them? If so, perhaps that might meet the required power of the bunker without killing Robo-bro.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

Nale told him...Of course Nale told him, why wouldn't she, she trusted Knichou with her life. That much was obvious. So, if that was the case...Why hadn't Bronk informed her. A momentary sour look swept across Vulimai's face before she looked back up towards Knichou and answered his question.

"I do not know if you encountered them yet, but the undead that lurk around the moat of Metru-Nui. Those undead were directly spawned by Mata-Nui himself. I do not know if he still controls them or not, but they are his creations, and they are a threat."

OOC: @BULiK @Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

Niidak drove around the relic fields for another hour. Her search was less than fruitful: she found more broken equipment and more loose papers, but no more statues, magic or otherwise; and no more Toa, wounded or otherwise. The sun was starting to sink towards the horizon now. The crystal towers looked ethereal in the twilight—they gleamed and sparkled, and tossed out reflections of the dying sunlight. The remains of the chute system hung like metal spiderwebs in the air. This haunting place had once been full of life. Now it was quiet, like a beautiful cemetery. The idea sent shivers down her spine. Who knew what apparitions might arrive with the onset of night?

IC: Tuyet | Throne Room

"Okaaay," Tuyet said, one eyebrow raised. This guy was sending chills down her spine, and not in a good way. "Why not. Spooky vibes aside, I'm sure you're totally a stand-up guy, so I'll let you in."

The Toa lowered her voice conspiratorially, forcing Aurax to lean in to hear. "You ever finish taking a bath and just, like, sit there and watch the water run out? It's totally trippy, right? Everything looks normal at first, and then you see, like, this whirlpool forming over the drain. You know what I'm talking about, Spooks? I can't be the only one who does this, right?"

IC: The Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

"You got it," the rock said cheerfully. It rolled carefully around the caldera towards an outcropping of stone. The rock was matte black, and seemed to suck in the light that fell upon it. Despite its unnatural appearance, mold and lichen clung happily to its surface, and grass grew around the base. Carved into the rock was a symbol: an equilateral triangle with a clockwise spiral inside.

"There you go," the rock said. "It's not gonna rock your world, but it's pretty neat. I like it."

IC: Tuakana, Axxon | The Great Telescope

The titan stepped forward. They did not remember the last time they had looked upon their desecrated. Their form had been different then. So had hers. She was changed, unless they remembered wrongly. Such things had happened before.

"Little one," they said. "It is I."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander @~Xemnas~ @Nato the Traveler @BULiK @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui @Harvali

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 6

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - Unholy Symbol

"Hmm. When you said 'graffiti', I expected something more... profane. I don’t suppose either of you know what significance this might have? Or is it merely meaningless shapes?"

@Eyru@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

IC: Ostrox and NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Uncoordinated

"Odd, that." Ostrox spoke, sliding into the conversation. "No one bothered to inform the Commander of the Guard about this. But I’m certain it was not at all deliberate..."

NU-8020S went back aboard the Taku for now.

@BULiK@Sparticus147

IC: Ulkarr (Tobduk-Koro) - Action and Reaction

"As I suspected. It is not just any shadow that lies within this ornament. The essence of one of my kin slumbers inside." Ulkarr’s shadow continued to seep further into the necklace, slowly but surely making its way inside for a closer look...

@Harvali@EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Night was falling, and the Junk Fields were looking increasingly eerie. But Niidak was more concerned about not seeing anything in the dark, as she had no light source with her. It was already proving hard enough to find anything valuable when the sun was still up. 

She sighed and turned her bike around, heading back towards Ko-Pou empty-handed. Yet after a while of driving, her scavenged hoverbike’s engine began to sputter and the vehicle slowed down to a crawl. Niidak rolled her eyes, stopped and hopped out of it to take a look at the malfunctioning machinery.

She had to be quick as the sky got darker and darker, but the issue turned out to be more complex than she thought. As she got closer to fixing it, the sun sunk completely below the horizon, and she could barely see anything in the dim twilight. She glanced around herself as she felt unusually anxious. While she did not believe in ghosts, and wasn’t going to start believing now, she still felt like she should get out of here soon. But first, she’d have to finish repairing the engine.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Lakeside

Knichou ignored the Mantaxian's jab at Vulimai. He wasn't sure whether or not to be glad that he wasn't the only one joking at the commander's captain's expense, or annoyed that it was a former league soldier doing the snarking. 

"It's been a while since I've seen them firsthand, but yes, the I know of their threat. Has there been any movement or change in their activity? I thought they were a localized threat, only staying in the moat between Metru-Nui and the surrounding coastline? I didn't take them for the conquering type, they've only been territorial and their lack of organization doesn't suggest they're taking orders from anyone, from dead gods or even among themselves."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

As Ostrox spoke his sarcastic words, Vulimai couldn't help but agree, crossing her arms as she looked towards Knichou with an accusatory look. 'Yes, how very odd.' She thought to herself.

"Appearances be as they may, Ostrox believes that there is more too them then meets the eye. He believes they are deliberately being held back by some unseen force, presumably the spirit of Mata-Nui. Otherwise, he believes they would have already wandered both in-land and into the city."

OOC: @Toru Nui @BULiK

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Lakeside

The commander crossed his arms, leaning back slightly. Ex-League or not, Knichou suspected there was more to this 'Ostrox' character than met the eye. What was his angle?

"Any evidence to back up these claims?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

The Barraki stared at Tuyet. "...And your point is...? he asked.

OOC: @Eyru @BULiK @Nato the Traveler

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira ignore the rock's pun, and Tekmo's comment, and walked up to the markings. As I suspected, it's a Taboo, she thought to herself. She reached out and put a hand on the carving, hoping that it would impart knowledge onto her.

• Like 2

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - It's the End of the World as We Know It

"Hahahaha... 'evidence'. Good one. When have Toa ever needed such a thing? You didn’t need proof of Mata Nui’s existence to believe in him about a month ago, when there was none. I could have told you it was 'foul Zyglak sorcery' controlling the revenants instead, and we would probably be halfway there already. Admittedly, there’s not a shred of evidence... presently. there might be soon, though. A veritable stampede of eye-witnesses, hehehehehahahah!"

@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 1