Your Favourite Bionicle Website?

Artorias

So, we all know that in each generation of Bionicle, there has been different website designs, with different games and features.But which was your favourite?My favourite was the early Barraki website.I first discovered it when I was about 8 or something. I was roaming around the Lego website when I noticed it. Curious, I went in on it. Not sure how I got there, but IIRC, it was hidden or something.Cue my 8-year-old self being scared to heck by the old mini-game where you shine around a flashlight underwater as Barraki fly at your face and screech. I remember how much it made me jump. No-one else here ever seems to mention it, though, which is weird.

"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

My PBZP: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4267

I hadn't even known it was posted until much later... Oops.

000_0004.jpg

Well, I think this topic is best suited for over in the Digital Discussion forumBut, I would have to agree with the Barraki website. The colours and scenery were gorgeous and set the tone for the first half of 2007 (Which was effectively ruined by the Toa and their huge cannons), and I still remember leaping back from the screen when the Barraki would lunge out. Is there an archive of that site out there anywhere?

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Well, I think this topic is best suited for over in the Digital Discussion forumBut, I would have to agree with the Barraki website. The colours and scenery were gorgeous and set the tone for the first half of 2007 (Which was effectively ruined by the Toa and their huge cannons), and I still remember leaping back from the screen when the Barraki would lunge out. Is there an archive of that site out there anywhere?

There probably is, somewhere.As for the thing about being moved, it would be nice if a passing moderator could shuffle it over...?Sorry for my obvious mistake, I haven't been here in a while.

"The sun is a wondrous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"

My PBZP: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4267

I hadn't even known it was posted until much later... Oops.

000_0004.jpg

I greatly enjoyed the Phantoka design with the calm grey and the elegant, discreet but fitting accents of reds. I also liked the clouds passing by on the navigation. :P The Bara Magna site with the extensive storyline section was very nice, too, especially in 2010 when it featured the Mata Nui vs Makuta background and the Mata Nui Saga.Then there is also BIONICLEstory.com from 2008, if that counts. Awesome design and even a decent amount of content before it was more or less forgotten in 2009.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Definitely the mid-late 2003 setup. It told everything about every character we had been introduced to at that point (except Mata Nui, who was meant to be mysterious anyway), it had the old online animations, and it had some of the most fun games ever, like both Mata Nui Online games!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

The best Bionicle web design was the 2007 Bioniclestory.com design. Toa Terrain Crawler and all...very eye-popping, although it took forever to load. As for actual content and stuff, I have to say that the 2006 website had the most cool stuff and it was easy to find what you wanted...but it was kinda ugly.

2006, because that was before the old games got deleted, and they had a nice backround, the kanoka club, the 06 interactive animations, MNOLG I and II,and just had a lot of content.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I actually liked the 2006 Piraka website. While it was mostly non-canon, it was also HILARIOUS. The videos for each Piraka somewhat remind me of the Team Fortress 2 "Meet the _____" videos.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

2006 was probably the best website, just because of all the effort put into the Piraka animations and the Inika / free the band stuff as well.-Ced

I found the 2006 website more than sloppy. Ads for the products section were misplaced, the navigation squares were often without image and without links, the website built up suspension to change its background to an awesome white version in early 2006 only to mysteriously revert to an unfitting 2005 background a few days later, you had to dig around the website to find certain content (the downloads were somehow split up between 2005 and 2006), the community button on the top never changed beyond a preview, the Kanoka club was highly neglected in 2006 and worst of all, the story content was next to none. Add onto that the fact that the Spinner Challenge game came in 2006 for some reason and that VNOG came almost A YEAR too late. The website was alright in 2005 but was badly neglected in 2006. The animations, all the games (even VNOG :P) and the Free the Band content were good, though.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Definitely the mid-late 2003 setup. It told everything about every character we had been introduced to at that point (except Mata Nui, who was meant to be mysterious anyway), it had the old online animations, and it had some of the most fun games ever, like both Mata Nui Online games!

You beat me to it. I will always remember the black background with the Nuva Cube in the background. To me, the site contributed to the mystical tone of 2001-2003.

I'm partial to the Hero Factory website myself.hehe.pngBut out of all the Bionicle website redesigns, I loved the 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 ones. Bionicle.com was the majority of my online life during those years. Although the ENORMOUS delay on all the promised games in 2006 annoyed me to no end.

2006: I liked this because all the old story content came back after years of exile. Specifically, the MNOG. I also liked how the story years were at the top.early 2007: The atmosphere was awesome. I also liked the little story tidbits on Ehlek's blog thing. Unfortunately, they hid most of the earlier years' story.late 2008: Takanuva blog!

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the 2007 ones, the first ones I saw since becoming a BIONICLE fan. I LOVED the Toa Terrain Crawler and the underwater theme, the mystery and extensiveness of the site felt epic. The 2007 sites also helped get me hooked on BIONICLE.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

07 and 08 were pretty good, honestly. 2009 was also interesting with its website theme.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite editions of the BIONICLE website were:The 2006 website, but my favouring of this is purely out of nostalgia.The 2010 website, mainly for the background and the Mata Nui Saga. I also liked the very early 2007 website (the one previewing the Barraki).Bioniclestory.com was also great in 2007. I loved the interactivity of it.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.